Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Debut Match Tips? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Debut Match Tips? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Debut Match Tips? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Debut Match Tips? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Debut Match Tips? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Debut Match Tips? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Debut Match Tips? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Debut Match Tips? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Debut Match Tips?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alexia Valentine

Alexia Valentine

Hailing From : London, England. (No, I don't know Paige or King Barrett)

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 4:12 am

So I see I have a debut match with Grace Izumi on Battleground...was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how matches are played out here? All help is appreciated!! <3
Back to top Go down
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 4:15 am

Just promo your heart out. Seriously, there isn't much else to say there. Put something out that you yourself personally enjoy and that you think other people would enjoy reading, because 9 times out of 10 you are going to put out something worth reading and worth making people take their time reading and enjoying.

Study both your character, and your opponents. Look at their bio, figure out things to target them or to say about them in it.

Have fun. This is all designed for fun anyways so just go out there and knock us on our asses.
Back to top Go down
Alexia Valentine

Alexia Valentine

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 4:16 am

Promo???? Isn't that for like in ring segments?  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 4:18 am

No that's how we do match judging, I think someone more qualified than me should explain this junk.
Back to top Go down
Alexia Valentine

Alexia Valentine

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 4:20 am

Probably best, I'm lost rn. Thanks though! :')
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 9:52 am

Throughout the week leading up to your match you and your opponent will post "promos" on one another on the "promos page." You can do any type of promo you like, and if you need examples the promo pages are filled with them to look at to get an idea. Promoing is the main factor that goes into deciding who wins your match. When the writers go to decide the match, they'll look and see who had the better promos.

For me, I just start typing about what I want to talk about that week. Other people set scenes, hold interviews, do creepy vignettes, etc. Anything that you can get creative with, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Alexia Valentine

Alexia Valentine

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 9:57 am

StarrStan wrote:
Throughout the week leading up to your match you and your opponent will post "promos" on one another on the "promos page." You can do any type of promo you like, and if you need examples the promo pages are filled with them to look at to get an idea. Promoing is the main factor that goes into deciding who wins your match. When the writers go to decide the match, they'll look and see who had the better promos.

For me, I just start typing about what I want to talk about that week. Other people set scenes, hold interviews, do creepy vignettes, etc. Anything that you can get creative with, go for it.
Thank you! I think I'm gonna try all of the above and see which I'm most comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 10:28 am

Alexia Valentine wrote:
StarrStan wrote:

Thank you! I think I'm gonna try all of the above and see which I'm most comfortable with.

If you ever watched old school wrestling it was a lot like this. EAW...keeping it old school  cheers
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 11:17 am

Cloud Matsuda wrote:
Alexia Valentine wrote:
StarrStan wrote:

If you ever watched old school wrestling it was a lot like this. EAW...keeping it old school  cheers
She's clearly not that old, Cloudy  :punk:
Back to top Go down
Alexia Valentine

Alexia Valentine

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 11:18 am

Carson Ramsay wrote:
Cloud Matsuda wrote:
Alexia Valentine wrote:
StarrStan wrote:

She's clearly not that old, Cloudy  :punk:
He's*. And my thoughts exactly :')
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 1:53 pm

A few tips would be to

Give your character a voice and sculpt their personality from the very beginning. Just establish your character's isms', goals, aspirations, dislikes, etc

Try to find a good balance between offense in defense, since it's a big thing in promos. Essentially what promos are are dressed up debates. You can address your opponents directly or indirectly, but you'll still need to address them and counter their points against you (or make points against them if they didnt promo) in order to prop yourself up. They don't have to be full on attacks if you dont want, they can simply be exalting yourself, telling people why you're going to be the winner at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Alexia Valentine

Alexia Valentine

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 2:12 pm

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
A few tips would be to

Give your character a voice and sculpt their personality from the very beginning. Just establish your character's isms', goals, aspirations, dislikes, etc

Try to find a good balance between offense in defense, since it's a big thing in promos. Essentially what promos are are dressed up debates. You can address your opponents directly or indirectly, but you'll still need to address them and counter their points against you (or make points against them if they didnt promo) in order to prop yourself up. They don't have to be full on attacks if you dont want, they can simply be exalting yourself, telling people why you're going to be the winner at the end of the day.
I completely get what you're saying, if it's not too much trouble could you check my promo out and give me feed back? ^.^
https://eawnetwork.forumotion.com/t3806-eaw-promoz
Back to top Go down

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 4:11 pm

Some feedback.

You really need to flesh your character out and expand upon it. The best characters, whether it's in movies or tv shows or books or whatever all have fleshed out characters and you know why they act the way they do, who they are, why they're a good person or a bad person and what motivates them. For instance in Breaking Bad, but they establish the character of Walter White and I know exactly what he does, why he does it, what motivates him and they constantly expand more and more about his character. They do the same for others, like Jesse Pinkman, Hank Gus, Mike, etc. Basically, think about what you want your character to be and expand upon it, it sounds a little tedious but it goes a long way and once you've actually established the character, promoing gets alot easier to do. I really, really cannot stress how important character development is I get you intended to do a short intro promo and granted, it is your first promo but it's something to think about it in the future.

I'm going to assume by the promo that you're a heel but I think you could do a better job in the future by being a heel. While nothing you said was bad or anything, but alot of it is really generic. What I mean by that is, saying things like 'I'm the baddest bitch' or whatever is what 95% of vixens say and it's like when all the guys call themselves 'God' or 'Best in the World', it really devalues the meaning. Basically, if you're going to be a heel, you need to learn how to push your opponent's buttons and get hated. I'd avoid saying things like 'lulz why I am in this match' because again, it's kind of generic and doesn't really achieve much. 

I'd recommend reading this thread if you have the time where I talked about how to be a heel or a babyface and used various examples from Wrestling and some e-fedders (and someday I'll eventually finish it):

https://eawnetwork.forumotion.com/t2547p25-promo-lessons-thread

Another thing is, while I'm sure you're not aware of who your opponent is, you really should say something to them. Say why you'll beat them, insult them, say whatever, essentially give them something to work with and be able to reply to you so that they can do the same to you and you can do the same back to them. It fleshes out the promo more.

But yeah, it was an alright promo for an introduction but some things to think about in the future, not much else I can really highlight atm.
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 4:18 pm

And if worse comes to worse just shit down your opponents throat.
Back to top Go down
Alexia Valentine

Alexia Valentine

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 4:39 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback, Demon! It honestly means so much, and it's given me alot to think about for my next promo..as for Aren's comment, I'm contemplating it...
Back to top Go down

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? EmptyApril 7th 2016, 6:24 pm

yea not a problem, free to help whenever you need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Debut Match Tips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debut Match Tips?   Debut Match Tips? Empty

Back to top Go down

Debut Match Tips?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1