Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V Empty
PostSubject: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V EmptyJune 26th 2014, 1:07 am

I was thinking over what threads that could be done to help celebrate EAW's annual biggest season up to our biggest event, Pain For Pride, so I decided on this. Pretty simple how it goes: I'll post a Retro Reaction thread to each Pain For Pride in chronological order for everyone to give their thoughts on as if it had just happened. All you have to do is look over the show and give your reactions to it like you would any other FPV. So without further adieu...

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V PFPF2

Best Match -

Worst Match -

Favorite Spot -

Favorite Moment - 

General Thoughts -

Rating -

LINK TO THE PAIN FOR PRIDE V SCRIPT: http://eawfpvs4.webs.com/pain-for-pride
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V EmptyJune 26th 2014, 1:21 am

Best Match - Heart Break Boy vs CM Banks

Worst Match - N/A

Favorite Spot - Kawajai finishing Predator with the 40 Elbows.

Favorite Moment - The ending to HBB vs Banks.

General Thoughts - Reading this a few nights ago was what really got me into PFP (more than I already was). From a PFP standpoint, I wouldn't say this was my favorite, but it is one of them.

Rating - 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V EmptyJune 26th 2014, 2:06 am

Best Match - HBB vs Banks

Worst Match - N/a

Favorite Spot - Kawajai's multiple knees followed by like a 435345435343 elbows

Favorite Moment - Pop winning the championship.

General Thoughts - Seems to be like it was written well enough and all that, though I can't put my full heart into it because I wasn't really here to see how well built it was or who promoed or not, plus considering how many people got fired the next week for being inactives when I did come back the show after this one I can't help but think some of these matches were made only because the roster severely lacked good consistent talent. Even things like RRS vs Impact to me feel like they weren't true battles since I know RRS was being RRS. 

Rating -8 based on PFPs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V EmptyJune 26th 2014, 8:13 am

Best Match - POP vs ADV

Worst Match - Kinda has to be EOE vs KD altho i regret nothing

Favorite Moment - POP winning the title was a real feel-good moment which was something EAW badly needed at time

Favorite Spot - Kawa killing MP with knees and elbows and HBG setting Moses's leg on fire

General Thoughts: GOAT PFP imo, it had pretty much everything you wanted in a PFP, a host of phenomenal matches in HBG-Cam-Cleo, CITV, HBB vs Banks, Me vs Colin vs Insult, LC vs DDD ( lul never MOTY ), POP vs ADV, SQ vs Starr, MP vs Kawa despite my disappointment in how that turned out given the build for it, you had great moments like POP finally winning the title and the Enterprise thankfully being disbanded and Mack finally winning CITV, we had a phenomenal crowd for it which given back then was amazing. The only thing hurting this show using hindsight was probably the booking as in there was too many people retaining titles, some of that was down to reasons we couldn't control ( not being able to do me vs tre for the whc ) and down to stupidity by me ( as deserving as HBG was of another reign, she retired two weeks later so I probably should have had Cam walk into PFP as champ and had Cleo win ), maybe MP could have won the title there too altho the way he lost didn't hurt his momentum and I was honestly thinking the EAW title would have been retired in two months anyway and with the crazy build he got, two months is too short a reign for him.

Rating: 9.5/10 but still the best imo.
Back to top Go down
CM Bank$
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
CM Bank$

Hailing From : Capsule Corp

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V EmptyMay 26th 2017, 10:53 am

Best Match - HBB vs CM Banks

Worst Match - I guess EOE vs KD, was pretty quick

Favorite Moment - Torn between Kawajai and POP winning the world title matches. My moment at the end with HBB was cool I guess but I didn't like how they Ric Flair'd me. There was just something special to me about seeing guys like Kawajai and POP get their PFP moments.

Favorite Spot - The Imp/RRS Glass Wallz spot

General Thoughts - Personally my fav PFP, not that I think its the best written but because it was one of those PFP's where everything we spent the last year working towards culminated at that moment. After PFP 4 a lot of young guys had to step it up and be placed in bigger roles than they were in before and they more than delivered and I couldn't have been any prouder at the time. I remember Jay had pointed out about that everyone who was in world title matches in this PFP are no longer active, which is unfortunate, but regardless at the time all those men more than deserved to be in the matches based on the work they put in helping carry EAW on their back for a year when they were needed the most. 

As far as the actual matches go I coulda lost to HBB in a less flabby fashion, (redacted) winning the CITV never happened.. lets just say Zack Crash or Dub won it, DDD prolly hates that he fought LC at PFP but those are 2 of my personal goats and in my head thats a dream match if it makes him feel any better. Cameron shoulda won the vixens championship match. SQ vs Starr was a masterpiece.

Overall Rating - 10/10
Back to top Go down
http://huggintheblock.com
Macho Man Johnny Nova
Showdown
Showdown
Macho Man Johnny Nova

Hailing From : Detroit, MI

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V EmptyMay 26th 2017, 11:27 am

Best Match - Heart Break Boy vs CM Banks

Worst Match - 24/7 match because I lost lol  Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V 1f61d  

Favorite Spot - Kawajai murdering Predator with Elbows.

Favorite Moment - The Glass wallz spot with Imp and RRS

General Thoughts - Out of the PFP's I have went back in read, I think I am up to 7 this was my personal favorite. That being said I was also around for the build up so probably has a lot to do with Nostalgia etc. It was cool being in the chat during it, and the promos building up to the even as I recall were all pretty damn solid.
Back to top Go down
Cage.
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cage.

Hailing From : Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V EmptyMay 26th 2017, 12:07 pm

Best Match - POP Vs ADV

Worst Match - Eh wasn't a single terrible match on this card

Favorite Spot - Kawajai going ballistic and turning MP's brain to pudding with knees and elbows, very gruesome finish

Favorite Moment - POP winning the AWC was very special because it was a great match and they promoed awesomely throughout the week and it was well deserved. Also the aftermath of Banks vs HBB was really a great sendoff because the match itself was a classic and Banks going out the way he did I felt was awesome and that leading to HBB's heel turn and the formation of EGO was pretty cool, this pfp was a catalyst for a lot considering POP was in EGO as well.

General Thoughts - Overall awesome show, it was my first pfp I competed in and it brings back some good memories and some fun times of EAW that I use to have.

Rating - 10/10
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V EmptyMay 26th 2017, 12:25 pm

I find it really interesting that so many people find HBB/Banks to be the best match considering in the immediate aftermath, no one was naming it as the best match. That honor was either going to LC/DDD or POP/ADV. But times change things and it has aged very well, a phenomenal story told and you really can't beat that.

Favorite match - LC/DDD cuz I wrote it and it won MOTY (hahahha Demon suck it)

Least favorite - EOE vs. KD, I was against the decision but uhh yeah.

Favorite moment - POP winning was pretty great. 

Favorite spot - I'd have to go back and read.

Overall thoughts - I thought it was a really great show given the circumstances. We had a very young and inexperienced board at the time. I was writing Dynasty, Voltage had Demon and that Hessian fellow had Showdown. 3 writers who at the time had absolutely no experience writing for a Pain For Pride (and one still doesn't have experience but we'll get to that). Add on top of that none of us really got along with each other. I ended up leaving for a few weeks and let a lot of people down, we won't get into that though. When I came back Dynasty was in disarray. It was being handled by backups and I think DDD was handling the segments but still, it was in dire shape especially considering we were heading into the biggest show of the year, and that is completely 100% my fault. Hurricane Hawk had also left around the same time I did and that left the plans for the AWC in complete shambles since originally it was supposed to be a triple threat match between ADV/POP/Hawk. THEN Hessian decides to leave who was not only Showdown's writer at the time but he won the 2012 Grand Rampage and was supposed to be facing Kawajai for the EAW Championship. Almost everything that could've went wrong ended up going wrong but despite that I think we really ended up pulling off something great. As Banks said, it was the culmination of a years worth of effort and work from the previous year's Pain For Pride and was also in a way a changing of the guard considering that was Banks' last show as chairman. 

Overall I'd give it a 9.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V EmptyMay 28th 2017, 10:44 pm

We were just talking about PFP 5 in the chat and going over what the original card was supposed to be and Banks suggested I should put it in the thread so here. For perspective of what was supposed to be, and what it actually ended up being, it makes what we were able to pull off even more impressive imo considering most if not all of these changes were made just in the final month before PFP.

Answers World Championship - Alexander Da Vinci vs. The Prince of Phenomenal vs. Hurricane Hawk

EAW Championship - Kawajai vs. Chris Hessian

World Heavyweight Championship - Dark Demon vs. Ashten Cross (and in this scenario Demon would've been the challenger, not the champion)

Y2Impact vs. The Heart Break Boy (vs. Captain Charisma) - wasn't definite that CC would be in the match

Mr. DEDEDE vs. either Captain Charisma or Lethal Consequences - I think the thing here was if CC hadn't gone into the match with Imp/HBB he would've faced DEDEDE, idk where that would've left LC but CC went AWOL so yeah.

CM Banks vs. Scott Diamond

The rest of the card I think went unscathed, to be honest I don't remember what would've changed except maybe some different names would've been in CITV but yeah, the whole top half of the card was completely flipped upside down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride V

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1