Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 Empty
PostSubject: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyJune 22nd 2014, 9:33 pm

I was thinking over what threads that could be done to help celebrate EAW's annual biggest season up to our biggest event, Pain For Pride, so I decided on this. Pretty simple how it goes: I'll post a Retro Reaction thread to each Pain For Pride in chronological order for everyone to give their thoughts on as if it had just happened. All you have to do is look over the show and give your reactions to it like you would any other FPV. So without further adieu...

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 21lrha1

Best Match -

Worst Match -

Favorite Spot -

Favorite Moment -

General Thoughts -

Rating -

LINK TO THE PAIN FOR PRIDE 3 SCRIPT: http://eawfpvs2.webs.com/painforprideiii.htm
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyJune 23rd 2014, 1:10 am

Best Match - Triple threat main event or HBB vs RoV

Worst Match - Me vs Starr, we were treated like afterthoughts and it was a last minute decided feud.

Favorite Spot - I don't have any.

Favorite Moment - ( EAW Logo Buzzes )

General Thoughts - While not a terrible script on a written standpoint of the matches themselves, I will not ignore the terrible booking and buildup for this PFP. MK stole a lowcard championship for little to no more reason than to be Grand Slam. I worked hard all year after they snubbed me of  my world title as soon as I was drafted to SD on the first damn show and effectively screwed me of my chances of being EOTY by doing so and I end up in a mediocre feud with Starr. HRDO one of the men who did so much for EAW faces a non factor in Speedy. Banks vs Imp was terribly built that barely felt like a feud, it was like two friends who didn't even build up tension or anything, worse yet two heel friends, boring. Worst PFP in my view.

Rating - 6
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyJune 23rd 2014, 2:38 am

Best Match - Uumm.. tough one.. one of the World Title matches probably. 

Worst Match - Starr vs Jay was the most disappointing match in the sense that it couldve been done so much better. The potential ceiling was a 5 star match, it was probably a 3.5 or 3/5. An ADV vs MK match ceiling was like a 4/5 and it was a 3/5. I don't think any matches were bad though.

Favorite Spot - UMMMM... Methuselah's Wings of Hell on Regulator through a flaming table! PPL ate that shit up.

Favorite Moment - Cyclone winning the EAW title, hands down. That vibe was incredible.

General Thoughts - Ahhh Pain for Pride 3. I call this the ''expansion'' PFP. And not just because this is the first PFP to be done in a stage bigger than an arena. This PFP was like the bridge between PFP 2 and 4 in the sense that things got bigger but some of the magic that is ''Pain for Pride'' was lost on this show. MK honestly did a pretty bad job with the booking of some of these matches. That WHC match booking between Banks and Impact was just pathetic. It was so run-of-the-mill. The match was great (and even then im hearing some rumors that it was plagiarized). I take blame too in how Speedy got his InterBranded title shot, although I liked the Speedy vs HRDO matchup on paper. The biggest weakness to this show was that it was a fucking super-card from the outside looking in, but the buildup took some of its mystique away and the delivery left a bit to be desired. There were plenty of bright spots like HH winning CITV, Cyclone's cinderella story-like victory in the main event and the segments on the show were pretty cool (ala the KD getting a call that his moms in the hospital, but he decides to ignore it for his PFP match seg). This show had a lot of variety, but it felt less like a Pain for Pride and more like a Supershow. It just didn't compare to the first two shows, and is in my mind the least favorable Pain for Pride to me. 

Rating - 9/10 as a show, 7/10 on the PFP scale. The lack of build for the WHC takes away major points followed by some of the underwhelming delivery to the feuds/matches in certain feuds/matches. However on the flip side, there was something really magical about Meth/Reg, RoV/HBB and Cy/KD/EE. The way the show ended gave it a extra half a point. The rise of Cyclone catching everyone off guard and delivering was so cool. I can't go through all the details but for what it's worth, a solid show for Pain for Pride standards but simply not what it could've been.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyJune 25th 2014, 9:10 pm

Outside Cy winning the world title PFP 3 sucked
Back to top Go down
Jacob Senn
Dynasty
Dynasty
Jacob Senn

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyJune 26th 2014, 7:17 pm

Best Match - EE/KD/Cy or HBB/RoV. Those matches were epic and the showstealers.

Worst Match - I would say that MK winning against ADV was a pretty bad match and seemed to just be a filler match for MK to be Grand Slam.

Favorite Spot - I guess I will go for Methuselah's Wings of Hell through the flaming table. Cannot think of another spot that topped it.

Favorite Moment - Cy becoming the EAW World Champion tops all the moments in this FPV. I don't care who you are, this moment was just epic.

General Thoughts - A lot of these match just read bad booking. MK and ADV, Speedy and HRDO, even Lethal Consequences and Montell Smooth seemed like a random match thrown in there. Even then, some of the matches were able to make it where it had epic moments, but it is poor for Pain for Pride standards.

Rating - 7
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyJune 26th 2014, 8:02 pm

Banks vs Imp, man I wonder where I seen that match before
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Hawk
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Hurricane Hawk

Hailing From : Starling City

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyJune 29th 2014, 4:57 pm

Best Match - KD vs. EE vs. Cy

Worst Match - Starr Vs. Jay even though I don't think any match was bad or the "worst."

Favorite Spot - That Wings of Hell doe.

Favorite Moment - Winning the CITV match when I thought I was pretty much dead after being hurricarana'd off the ladder into the technical area. Also Cy winning the EAW Championship was awesome.

General Thoughts - Great FPV overall. Really loved there, was actually there to commentate on the first day haha!!

Rating -7
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyJune 29th 2014, 5:23 pm

Hurricane Hawk wrote:
Best Match - KD vs. EE vs. Cy

Worst Match - Starr Vs. Jay even though I don't think any match was bad or the "worst."

Favorite Spot - That Wings of Hell doe.

Favorite Moment - Winning the CITV match when I thought I was pretty much dead after being hurricarana'd off the ladder into the technical area. Also Cy winning the EAW Championship was awesome.

General Thoughts - Great FPV overall. Really loved there, was actually there to commentate on the first day haha!!

Rating -7
A 7/10 rating does not equate to "great FPV overall."  :comeon:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyJune 30th 2014, 4:16 am

I LOVE IT MAGGLE
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 1
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
J-Dynasty 1

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyMay 26th 2017, 5:38 pm

Bump, my salt is lesser these days of course.
Back to top Go down
CM Bank$
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
CM Bank$

Hailing From : Capsule Corp

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyMay 26th 2017, 6:40 pm

Tiberius IV wrote:
Best Match - Triple threat main event or HBB vs RoV

Worst Match - Me vs Starr, we were treated like afterthoughts and it was a last minute decided feud.

Favorite Spot - I don't have any.

Favorite Moment - ( EAW Logo Buzzes )

General Thoughts - While not a terrible script on a written standpoint of the matches themselves, I will not ignore the terrible booking and buildup for this PFP. MK stole a lowcard championship for little to no more reason than to be Grand Slam. I worked hard all year after they snubbed me of  my world title as soon as I was drafted to SD on the first damn show and effectively screwed me of my chances of being EOTY by doing so and I end up in a mediocre feud with Starr. HRDO one of the men who did so much for EAW faces a non factor in Speedy. Banks vs Imp was terribly built that barely felt like a feud, it was like two friends who didn't even build up tension or anything, worse yet two heel friends, boring. Worst PFP in my view.

Rating - 6
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 6BXUpTUX84zoA
Back to top Go down
http://huggintheblock.com
CM Bank$
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
CM Bank$

Hailing From : Capsule Corp

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 EmptyMay 26th 2017, 7:19 pm

Best Match - CM Banks vs Impact

Worst Match - uh I guess ADV vs MK since everyone else is saying it

Favorite Spot - N/A

Favorite Moment - Cyclone winning the championship, hate it or love it the underdogs on top 

General Thoughts - I personally liked this PFP despite what seems to be negative feelings on it, although I dont quite remember people feeling negatively about this PFP as an overall show back then but hey. A lot of things factor into why this is one of my fav PFP's.. Generation Genesis pretty much owned it, Hawk won CITV, Jay and LC won their matches, Imp beat me for the WHC. I'll admit that the buildup was shitty.. from what I remember I was spending weeks on Showdown looking for the right opponent only to come to the realization at the last minute that the only person worthy of facing me is one of my cohorts.. thus making me vs Imp. That IS a pretty shitty buildup to a world championship match at the biggest FPV of the year but the thing is that I didn't want to do the generic "partner turns on partner" shit just so we can have me vs Imp because I still wanted to do stuff with Generation Genesis afterwards with us together, unfortunately the writer didn't come up with any better ideas to execute the buildup. On the other side of the coin I guess you weren't supposed to like the buildup because we were a heel stable who trolled the fans into thinking we were legit looking for an opponent when we had our own plans the whole time.. so maybe we did our job? :lupe:

The Cyclone win was cool to me as well at the time, the aftermath was kinda controversial but at that point he pretty much worked his way up to it. DEDEDE came up with the crazy idea of making Cyclone who was virtually a nobody win the GR cuz it was unpredictable and it was like fuck it why not go all the way. I thought it'd be a feel good story, I could go into great detail about the aftermath of it and the common misconception of me favoring him but that's another post for another day. ADV prolly shoulda won, I guess in hindsight HRDO shouldve been in a bigger match, Robbie vs HBB was a great matchup, not sure why Jay didn't like the fact that he faced Starr but its a sexy matchup on paper to me. I know he doesn't really like the way he was used at the time but it wasn't anything intentional I never looked at him as being underused.. I enjoyed being in a stable with him.

Rating - 8.5/10
Poster rating - 69/10
Back to top Go down
http://huggintheblock.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1