Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 Empty
PostSubject: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 19th 2014, 5:22 am

I was thinking over what threads that could be done to help celebrate EAW's annual biggest season up to our biggest event, Pain For Pride, so I decided on this. Pretty simple how it goes: I'll post a Retro Reaction thread to each Pain For Pride in chronological order for everyone to give their thoughts on as if it had just happened. All you have to do is look over the show and give your reactions to it like you would any other FPV. So without further adieu...

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 PFPUtube

LINK TO THE SCRIPT

Best Match -

Worst Match -

Favorite Spot -

Favorite Moment -

General Thoughts -

Rating -

THE LINK TO PAIN FOR PRIDE 1: http://eawfpvs.webs.com/painforpride.htm

Last edited by Mikado Sekaiichi on June 19th 2014, 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 19th 2014, 11:53 am

Best Match - Me vs. HRDO. Shit was fuccin cash. Though I gotta give a shoutout to CITV, CC vs RRS and Imp vs Game for also being dopeass joints. 

Worst Match - Chainstein vs Cuck U. Fena solely because of the whole gunshot thing. Guess thats what I get for having CC write it. The feud was retarded too, but I wrote that so I take blame for simply applying their admittedly stupid characters. 

Favorite Spot - Ummm the one that sticks out the most to me is CC and RRS being sent off the tron and being knocked the fucking fuck out. Since it was a hardcore title match it was a cool twist how the match could continue afterwards. Really exemplified the competitive nature of their epic feud.

Favorite Moment - Probably the ''favorite'' moment is Masters winning the title because of how glorious and celebrated it was at the time. My personal favorite might be a bit diff, but Masters winning the title was like Tre making it to the PFP main event and winning the world title. Just a guy youd love to see do well actually doing well.

General Thoughts - The reason why there are people who believe PFP 1 was the greatest PFP of all time was because it had the greatest atmosphere of all time of any show I've been it. PFP was the show that separated EAW from every other fed immediately. Everyone who was anybody was there, the chatroom had an unbelievable amount of people (definitely the most people we've ever had for a show in EAW history) and it was so thoroughly promoted (and remember, EAW didnt run under as tight of a schedule as it does now). Its a show I won't forget anytime soon.

Rating - I'm giving these things grades under the PFP scale. I'll grade under a curve and dismiss certain things like grammar and writing style because feds were a different time back then and give it a 8.5/10, and this is me actually being critical and not giving it a 9/10 like FPVs automatically get these days from people. The booking had a few things left to be desired. Me vs HRDO probably should have been for a title or higher on the card, WWEFan despite winning CITV was never close to the best fedder, JIK winning is in retrospect an anticlimactic ending as well just because he didnt really do anything much after that. He didnt go into the HOF or prove to be a great World Champ. Of course from a pro wrestling perspective, that stuff kind of effects the booking. Mike McFucktard can win the NBA title and disappear and that wont make the NBA Finals any less epic, but in wrestling its kind of different. This show was a great show, it can compete with a lot of the other PFP's in many aspects and was ahead of its time for sure from a GFX standpoint, buildup standpoint and PFP 1 is the initial reason why PFP's transcend any other fed show in history. The definition of Instant Classic. 
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 19th 2014, 3:23 pm

Best Match - HRDO vs DDD was always the match I valued the most.

Worst Match - I'll go with the Fena and Chainstein gunshot match

Favorite Spot - RRS and CC 35 feet fall

Favorite Moment - Sabina winning the vacant Vixen's championship, back then it was pretty cool and Sabina and I were and always have been friends so I was happy for her.

General Thoughts -The Atmosphere for PFP 1 was great indeed, something that wouldn't happen these days on that level, but I think it had many issues on a booking standpoints and we even had guys like Tyler in world title matches, let alone the whole JIK victory. It was still pretty cool to be in the last match of PFP though closing it by going in champion. I would like to point out that there were a lot of movebacks and change of dates when it came to PFP, hell originally I thought I wouldn't be there because I was at cadet camp for three weeks, but I came back with enough time to come back and promo for the event, I don't even remember any MVM promos but then again promoing wasn't that important back then it was more chat and popularity oriented. At the end of the day, I still believe that PFP 2 is the greatest PFP.

Rating - 8.5 out of 10.

Last edited by Jaywalker on June 26th 2014, 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 19th 2014, 4:37 pm

Best Match - CC/RRS was the most memorable for me. DDD/HRDO is a classic, and Imp/Game was a great feud in and out of script.

Worst Match - I'll say the parking lot brawl because of how ridiculous all of CC's matches were and how dumb I thought the feud was.

Favorite Spot - CC/RRS fall

Favorite Moment - Either RRS or Masters winning their respective titles

General Thoughts -
I'm torn between Pain for Pride 1 and Pain 4 Pride. The presentation of P4P was absolutely phenomenal, and I don't think it will ever be matched. We had a stacked card full of present and future stars. Not a single bad matchup that I can remember. With that said the GFX for PFP 1 (and EAW had in general) was better than anything else at the time, and even the video me and CC made was probably the best we were going to get then.

It's hard to ignore the obvious bad booking decisions in the first Pain for Pride like Jay said, like TA being in the main event (not even recognized as a world champion anymore) and CiC winning, which was probably just done as a ripoff of Orton's WM win a few months before at the time. Fan winning CITV is meh, but was probably the most reliable and deserving at the time, considering anyone else besides me or HBB would have been much worse, and I had just joined at the time and HBB quit a month later. DDD probably said it best about how looking back at booking affects pro wrestling, but besides improving the card most of those factors wouldn't have made a difference at the time. PFP 1 was probably the greatest show in e-feds history and might be a huge factor in why we out lasted every other e-fed at the time. XWF probably had 3 Xtrememania's in the same time we had Pain for Pride and we absolutely blew them out of the water.

DDD/HRDO would have been cool for the EAW title, with Masters challenging Jay and maybe CiC or MvM involved for the WHC.

Rating - 9 (keeping in thought the times it was written)
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 19th 2014, 8:37 pm

PFP VI THE GOAT FUCK ALL WHO OPPOSE.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 19th 2014, 8:43 pm

Who added a second link to the script?  :why:  :banks:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 19th 2014, 8:57 pm

Scott Diamond wrote:
PFP VI THE GOAT FUCK ALL WHO OPPOSE.

PFP V**
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 19th 2014, 10:14 pm

Mikado Sekaiichi wrote:
Who added a second link to the script?  :why:  :banks:

my bad didnt notice it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 20th 2014, 1:59 am

this is B.C. & doesn't matter

[before consequences]
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 20th 2014, 8:23 pm

Best Match - HRDO vs Mr. DEDEDE. I'm not sure why most that I've seen have claimed RRS vs CC stole the show at PFP 1, because from my perspective, this match is the one that delivered and set the bar for what a Pain For Pride Match should be.

Worst Match - Chainstein vs Fuck U. Fena. CC writing. Feud over one guy being Eminem and the other being John Cena. Need I say more?

Favorite Spot - Since it seemed to be before shit like this became the norm, I'll say the 40-foot fall of RRS and CC. Honorable mention to Ronn hilariously owning DDD with a Shining Wizard out of nowhere as the Special Guest Ref for his match.

Favorite Moment - When I think of PFP 1, I think of DEDEDE beating HRDO with Ronn's assistance and then taking Ronn out afterwards.

General Thoughts - Though it goes without saying that this script definitely screams "2008", it was a perfect launching pad for the best show in E-Feds every year. Though I was not here when it happened, let alone in the chat, I can understand why people hold it so near and dear to them. Even if I were here, I certainly wouldn't call it the BEST Pain For Pride to date, but it's up there. It's got its own special place because it was more unique than the rest that followed.

Rating - Much like DEDEDE, I'll go ahead and rate this by Pain For Prides and give it an 8 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tyler Parker

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 20th 2014, 8:57 pm

Best Match - Mr. DEDEDE vs. HRDO

Worst Match - Chainstein vs. Cuck U. Fena

Favorite Spot - Rated R Shaman of Sexy and Captain Charisma's 35-40 foot fall.

Favorite Moment - I say Y2Impact defending and retaining the National Extreme Championship.

General Thoughts - What's left to say that hasn't been said? In my opinion, not the best Pain for Pride but one of the best. Most of the matches were well-written, taken into account that this was back in 2008. I regret not being here but reading the show makes me feel like I was.

Rating - 8/10
Back to top Go down
Jacob Senn
Dynasty
Dynasty
Jacob Senn

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 20th 2014, 9:06 pm

Best Match - To me, HRDO vs. DDD with Ronn being the special referee is just too good to be considered anything less than the best match of the FPV. RRS vs. CC for the Hardcore Championship is a very, very, very close second, but DDD/HRDO was just too good.

Worst Match - Chainstein vs Cuck U. Fena. You all should know why.

Favorite Spot - Captain Charisma trying to pull off an Unprettier/Killswitch off of the titantron, but RRS does the epic swerve to throw him off of the titantron and make a spot that should be remember for all EAW history.

Favorite Moment - Masters winning the title was a pretty epic moment because it seemed like the beginning of the legendary career because it was a great match where it seemed like anyone could win and even though I do not know these guys, I felt somewhat invested on this match and seeing who could come out as the EAW World Champion.

General Thoughts - I do not know how things were in the past and the script is definitely and older script if you read it with all the moves and how things were said, but this is the beginning and one, if not the biggest, reason why any of us are here in EAW right this moment. This was the first and everything after it owes itself to it because people who were in that decided to stay around because of what happened that night and forward. With that said, this is generally an epic show.

Rating - Taking in consideration the times with this show happening seven years ago and since we are rating it by Pain for Prides, I will give this one a 8 out of ten and would have given it an 8.5, but just imagining that glass breaking for the bell ringing is cringe-worthy and that Chainstein vs Cuck U. Fena match was just no.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyJune 21st 2014, 2:08 pm

Best Match - HRDO vs. Mr. DEDEDE

Favorite Spot - Would probably involve myself, so I'm not going to bother.

Favorite Moment - Retaining my NE Title. Extremely euphoric moment for me at the time.

General Thoughts - While the writing may not be top-notch by today's standards, the first Pain for Pride was the best live show in the history of e-feds. The atmosphere absolutely shits on everything succeeding it, and most of the matches (with a few exceptions) were actually pretty good!

Rating - Writing gets a 7.5/10, but the atmosphere gets an 11/10 and the general involvement from all parties within the show drives this spectacular, groundbreaking event into a smooth 9.5/10. Seriously, you had to be there. The atmosphere of the show makes it far superior to shows that had better writing but poor support/involvement/reaction.
Back to top Go down
CM Bank$
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
CM Bank$

Hailing From : Capsule Corp

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyMay 26th 2017, 11:07 am

Best Match - HRDO vs DEDEDE

Worst Match - Chainstein vs Cuck U Fena was a fucking disaster, the only reason this was even a feud was because Cuck U Fena was a notorious Cena hater on Y!A and Chainstein was a Cena stan with his picbase.. very over the top match

Favorite Spot - CC and RRS falling

Favorite Moment - Masters winning the chip was such a beautiful moment

General Thoughts - The start of it all, a very special moment in E-Feds indeed. An event like this was unprecedented from the whole presentation of it with the GFX, the videos, everything.. and this is a time where there was a lot of competition for EAW so I'd like to think that this pretty much set us apart. Then we got that EOW stimulus package a month later it wasn't even close. To clear up the whole JiK winning thing, I'll say that match shouldn't have been last.. Masters winning shouldve been last, but I'm not gonna say he didn't deserve the title. Was he a fuckboy who ended up failing as champ? Sure.. but u gotta understand he spent mad time making a bunch of GFX for us and he was rewarded for his contributions to EAW, and this is when promos were not what they were today so that wasn't a sole factor in determining winners of matches at the time. He was the sole reason for the aesthetic appeal of EAW which helped us stand out and attracted members. I'd say CC and RRS changed the promoing culture with their feud and to this day is my favorite feud ever in EAW. 

Rating - 10/10
Back to top Go down
http://huggintheblock.com
Lethal Consequences
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Lethal Consequences

Hailing From : Oakland

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyMay 30th 2017, 7:00 am

Quote :
Y2ImpactBest Match - HRDO vs. Mr. DEDEDE

Favorite Spot - Would probably involve myself, so I'm not going to bother.

Favorite Moment - Retaining my NE Title. Extremely euphoric moment for me at the time.

General Thoughts - While the writing may not be top-notch by today's standards, the first Pain for Pride was the best live show in the history of e-feds. The atmosphere absolutely shits on everything succeeding it, and most of the matches (with a few exceptions) were actually pretty good!

Rating - Writing gets a 7.5/10, but the atmosphere gets an 11/10 and the general involvement from all parties within the show drives this spectacular, groundbreaking event into a smooth 9.5/10. Seriously, you had to be there. The atmosphere of the show makes it far superior to shows that had better writing but poor support/involvement/reaction.

--

ronn
Best Match - HRDO vs DEDEDE

Worst Match - Chainstein vs Cuck U Fena was a fucking disaster, the only reason this was even a feud was because Cuck U Fena was a notorious Cena hater on Y!A and Chainstein was a Cena stan with his picbase.. very over the top match

Favorite Spot - CC and RRS falling

Favorite Moment - Masters winning the chip was such a beautiful moment

General Thoughts - The start of it all, a very special moment in E-Feds indeed. An event like this was unprecedented from the whole presentation of it with the GFX, the videos, everything.. and this is a time where there was a lot of competition for EAW so I'd like to think that this pretty much set us apart. Then we got that EOW stimulus package a month later it wasn't even close. To clear up the whole JiK winning thing, I'll say that match shouldn't have been last.. Masters winning shouldve been last, but I'm not gonna say he didn't deserve the title. Was he a fuckboy who ended up failing as champ? Sure.. but u gotta understand he spent mad time making a bunch of GFX for us and he was rewarded for his contributions to EAW, and this is when promos were not what they were today so that wasn't a sole factor in determining winners of matches at the time. He was the sole reason for the aesthetic appeal of EAW which helped us stand out and attracted members. I'd say CC and RRS changed the promoing culture with their feud and to this day is my favorite feud ever in EAW. 

Rating - 10/10

--

StarrStan
Best Match - CC/RRS was the most memorable for me. DDD/HRDO is a classic, and Imp/Game was a great feud in and out of script.

Worst Match - I'll say the parking lot brawl because of how ridiculous all of CC's matches were and how dumb I thought the feud was.

Favorite Spot - CC/RRS fall

Favorite Moment - Either RRS or Masters winning their respective titles

General Thoughts - 
I'm torn between Pain for Pride 1 and Pain 4 Pride. The presentation of P4P was absolutely phenomenal, and I don't think it will ever be matched. We had a stacked card full of present and future stars. Not a single bad matchup that I can remember. With that said the GFX for PFP 1 (and EAW had in general) was better than anything else at the time, and even the video me and CC made was probably the best we were going to get then.

It's hard to ignore the obvious bad booking decisions in the first Pain for Pride like Jay said, like TA being in the main event (not even recognized as a world champion anymore) and CiC winning, which was probably just done as a ripoff of Orton's WM win a few months before at the time. Fan winning CITV is meh, but was probably the most reliable and deserving at the time, considering anyone else besides me or HBB would have been much worse, and I had just joined at the time and HBB quit a month later. DDD probably said it best about how looking back at booking affects pro wrestling, but besides improving the card most of those factors wouldn't have made a difference at the time. PFP 1 was probably the greatest show in e-feds history and might be a huge factor in why we out lasted every other e-fed at the time. XWF probably had 3 Xtrememania's in the same time we had Pain for Pride and we absolutely blew them out of the water.

DDD/HRDO would have been cool for the EAW title, with Masters challenging Jay and maybe CiC or MvM involved for the WHC.

Rating - 9 (keeping in thought the times it was written)

--

ddd
Best Match - Me vs. HRDO. Shit was fuccin cash. Though I gotta give a shoutout to CITV, CC vs RRS and Imp vs Game for also being dopeass joints. 

Worst Match - Chainstein vs Cuck U. Fena solely because of the whole gunshot thing. Guess thats what I get for having CC write it. The feud was retarded too, but I wrote that so I take blame for simply applying their admittedly stupid characters. 

Favorite Spot - Ummm the one that sticks out the most to me is CC and RRS being sent off the tron and being knocked the fucking fuck out. Since it was a hardcore title match it was a cool twist how the match could continue afterwards. Really exemplified the competitive nature of their epic feud.

Favorite Moment - Probably the ''favorite'' moment is Masters winning the title because of how glorious and celebrated it was at the time. My personal favorite might be a bit diff, but Masters winning the title was like Tre making it to the PFP main event and winning the world title. Just a guy youd love to see do well actually doing well.

General Thoughts - The reason why there are people who believe PFP 1 was the greatest PFP of all time was because it had the greatest atmosphere of all time of any show I've been it. PFP was the show that separated EAW from every other fed immediately. Everyone who was anybody was there, the chatroom had an unbelievable amount of people (definitely the most people we've ever had for a show in EAW history) and it was so thoroughly promoted (and remember, EAW didnt run under as tight of a schedule as it does now). Its a show I won't forget anytime soon.

Rating - I'm giving these things grades under the PFP scale. I'll grade under a curve and dismiss certain things like grammar and writing style because feds were a different time back then and give it a 8.5/10, and this is me actually being critical and not giving it a 9/10 like FPVs automatically get these days from people. The booking had a few things left to be desired. Me vs HRDO probably should have been for a title or higher on the card, WWEFan despite winning CITV was never close to the best fedder, JIK winning is in retrospect an anticlimactic ending as well just because he didnt really do anything much after that. He didnt go into the HOF or prove to be a great World Champ. Of course from a pro wrestling perspective, that stuff kind of effects the booking. Mike McFucktard can win the NBA title and disappear and that wont make the NBA Finals any less epic, but in wrestling its kind of different. This show was a great show, it can compete with a lot of the other PFP's in many aspects and was ahead of its time for sure from a GFX standpoint, buildup standpoint and PFP 1 is the initial reason why PFP's transcend any other fed show in history. The definition of Instant Classic. 

--

:dave:
Back to top Go down
http://adobehouserecords.com
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 EmptyMay 31st 2017, 9:29 am

Shit's been all downhill from there amirite?  :bolieve:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1