Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 Empty
PostSubject: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 20th 2014, 8:29 pm

I was thinking over what threads that could be done to help celebrate EAW's annual biggest season up to our biggest event, Pain For Pride, so I decided on this. Pretty simple how it goes: I'll post a Retro Reaction thread to each Pain For Pride in chronological order for everyone to give their thoughts on as if it had just happened. All you have to do is look over the show and give your reactions to it like you would any other FPV. So without further adieu...

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 PFPLA

Best Match -

Worst Match -

Favorite Spot -

Favorite Moment -

General Thoughts -

Rating -

THE LINK TO PAIN FOR PRIDE 2: http://eawfpvs.webs.com/painforprideii.htm
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 20th 2014, 9:11 pm

Best Match - The RoViper vs LSA match and me vs DDD

Worst Match - N/a just didn't have one,  none were beneath solid.

Favorite Spot - Fireball

Favorite Moment - Me retaining.

General Thoughts - The most epic PFP, two easily interchanging matches of the year, a PFP were all the winners were great booking(even though I dislike CC as a person and his promo stunts later in his career he was still a credible figure) and the memories were just that beastly top to bottom. Man I had even forgotten that Sabina had pulled a HRDO before HRDO ever did, she retired champ.

Rating - 10/10 IMO the best PFP.
Back to top Go down
Cage.
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cage.

Hailing From : Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 20th 2014, 11:22 pm

Best Match - DDD/Jay

Worst Match - N/A

Favorite Spot - The epic sequence of Jay and DDD's match where like Jay attacks JBB because he got involved then DDD spears him and Jay kicks out, which in my opinion was awesome, could only imagine how epic it was in the chat when he kicked out.

Favorite Moment - EE winning Cash In The Vault was pretty cool

General Thoughts - Epic show, really is the standard I as a writer will try to reach, wish I was here for it live.

Rating - 10/10
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 20th 2014, 11:33 pm

Best Match - RoViper vs. LSA is like the TLC matches at WM to me. Def my favorite match and well deserving of MOTY. I also really liked my match, but that might have bias obviously.

Worst Match - I'd probably say EOE/Ronn if I had to choose but I wasn't really disappointed with anything.

Favorite Spot - Fireball and Ronn screwing Mak

Favorite Moment - Winning the Interbranded Heavyweight Championship, which I thought was considered a main event match at the time (H) Also EE winning CITV

General Thoughts - Really good FPV, and I have a lot more love for it after re-reading it. Lots of good rivalries and moments that were so huge; RoViper becoming the best tag team, Banks return, Mak/Sabina retiring, HBB heel turn, and Jay and CC's victories were both well deserved as well as EE's.

Also, at the time this was supposed to be my last match in EAW, which is why I was injured so bad and vacated the championship I won on the next Showdown. But I hung around until around MSM and eventually came back for Grand Rampage anyway and had another return or two like all the great e-fedders.

Rating - 9.5
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 21st 2014, 7:04 am

Best Match - RoViper vs LSA

Worst Match - N/A

Favorite Spot - Fireball!

Favorite Moment - When young GC made his FPV debut :') + EE winning CITV

General Thoughts - Exceptionally well written show. One of the best PFPs if not THE best PFP hands down. Hopefully PFP 7 will be just as good.

Rating - 10/10
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 21st 2014, 8:07 am

DC. wrote:
Best Match - DDD/Jay

Worst Match - N/A

Favorite Spot - The epic sequence of Jay and DDD's match where like Jay attacks JBB because he got involved then DDD spears him and Jay kicks out, which in my opinion was awesome, could only imagine how epic it was in the chat when he kicked out.

Favorite Moment - EE winning Cash In The Vault was pretty cool

General Thoughts - Epic show, really is the standard I as a writer will try to reach, wish I was here for it live.

Rating - 10/10
I guess I might as well go on my little rant here. Now, I'm actually a fan of Pain for Pride 2, at first I was never intrigued by it or Pain for Pride 1, but over the past month or so I've grown pretty fond of Pain for Pride 2 and would easily put it among my top 3 Pain for Prides. That being said, this really shouldn't be the standard of writing you try to reach, it's still very pre-mature writing, I understand that for the time it was probably top notch, but as far as present day goes, I think the writing itself, with the visualization, presentation and execution blows Pain for Pride 2's writing out of the water. 

I commend whoever wrote Jaywalker/DDD (I assume it was DDD, it looks like his style) because that is a superb match in every way possible. I also thought Cash in the Vault as well as the Interbrand Championship match were written well, and LSA/RoViper, the rest though, it all seemed pretty flat to me, especially the main event although I understand just how big the closing moments were so for that I'm giving it a semi-pass. 

Best Match - DDD/Jay hands down.

Worst Match - Ronn/EOE

Favorite Moment - I guess EE winning CITV.

General Thoughts - Probably a landmark show at the time, which is why I'll give it a 9/10, but if this were to be a modern day Pain for Pride, there would be uproar.
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 21st 2014, 9:09 am

Best Match: RoViper vs. LSA

Worst Match: CM Ronn vs. EOE

Favorite Spot: RoV taking a fireball to the face.

Favorite Moment: Extreme Enigma winning Cash in the Vault. 

General Thoughts: This is without a doubt by far my favorite Pain for Pride of them all. Not just for the fact that it was my my FPV debut and I won with RoV in what was originally the MOTY and considered one of the best matches that night. But had fantastic writing for it's era and great build up. 

Rating: 10/10
Back to top Go down
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tyler Parker

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 21st 2014, 5:39 pm

Best Match - RoViper vs. La Secta Apocalyptica

Worst Match - CM Banks vs. Essence of Excellence

Favorite Spot - Fireball to the face of Robbie V.

Favorite Moment - Extreme Enigma winning Cash in the Vault.

General Thoughts - Again, taken into account that this was back in 2009, most of the matches were well-written. I think this was better than the first and I think it's arguably the best. Personally, this is my favorite Pain for Pride so far but Pain for Pride 7 has what it takes to be my new favorite and one of the best. I forgot to say before but props to the writers and congratulations to those who won.

Rating - 9/10
Back to top Go down
Jacob Senn
Dynasty
Dynasty
Jacob Senn

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 21st 2014, 6:32 pm

Best Match: RoViper vs. LSA for everything that is on the line and the cool spots/Jay vs. DDD for the WHC for the epic level of the match.

Worst Match: CM Ronn vs. EOE if you could call it the worst match. It was still pretty solid.

Favorite Spot: RoV taking a fireball from Dark Emperor post-match to the face was kewl. Think it is one of the few times I have seen a fireball be used in e-feds other than I think Robbie/HBB at MSM.

Favorite Moment: Extreme Enigma winning Cash in the Vault. Once again, a launching point for a huge career. You also could add Y2Impact defeating LC as it was a huge win for him too, but I think EE's was superior.

General Thoughts: This show was an epic show of extreme proportions. Keep in mind that this was still six years ago and it still holds up as one of the best, to many people the best, Pain for Pride in EAW history. You have Jaywalker vs. DEDEDE, two of the GOAT circle, competing for the World Heavyweight Championship which was amazing. Mister K, MaK, and CC competing for the EAW World Championship was pretty good. HBB and StarrStan for the Interbranded Championship was awesome. RoViper and La Secta Apocalyptica was MOTY-worthy with Jay/DDD. This, plus CITV and the other matches made for a great show with some epic moments we still talk about today.

Rating: 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyJune 23rd 2014, 2:24 am

Best Match - I'll say Me vs Jay, but RoViper vs. LSA deserves just as much praise as well.

Worst Match - Hmmm... I can't really say there's a bad match but I guess Ronn vs EOE was the least credible? It was a non-title return match show opener, but the reaction and reception for it at the time was HUGE. But ye.

Favorite Spot - Ummm.. The fireball thing stood the test of time, and I also love love love the running ladder spear I did on Jay off the top rope to the outside of the ring through a flaming table. I don't think anything like that's ever been done before.

Favorite Moment - It may sound sinister of me, but Ronn screwing Mak out of the EAW title for CC to win was just fucking brilliant. Such heat, such hatred, and the way that built up to the then match of a life-time of Ronn vs Mak... that was like the Mayweather vs. Pacquiano of that time man. Seriously, even I was genuinely excited for the whole thing. 

General Thoughts - Pain for Pride 2 was just something special. It was one of the greatest sequels to anything that I've ever seen, ever. PFP 2 was so ahead of its time, and it may have been the beginning of modern booking and writing. So many moments happened at PFP 2 that are just jam packed in that script, it's really what a great Pain for Pride is all about. The atmosphere was BRILLIANT, not as good as PFP 1's but there may never be something as good as PFP 1's again. My fucking goodness, the way last year's PFP was just followed with this one was something you rarely see. Usually you see a ''sophomore slump'', but this was a magnum opus worthy show. I love reading it all the time. Sabina's retirement, Starr vs HBB, even the fucking filler match of Imp vs LC Hair vs. Hair was entertaining. DEFINITELY not a dull moment. And my God, Extreme Enigma winning CITV was such a feel-good moment for everyone. I think DC was right to say that a writer should strive towards this show as a writer in the sense that you wanna write a show that is this well booked and this memorable top to bottom.

Rating - 9.5/10. Some flaws here and there but I'm fully rating it as a Pain for Pride rating (as I obviously will for all of them). Judging off of the moments and the pageantry, but gotta take away half a point for no opener and because a few segments coulda been better. But you know its something when Segments are damn near irrelevant and what happens during the actual show is what gets you talking.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 1
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
J-Dynasty 1

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyMay 26th 2017, 5:38 pm

GOAT
Back to top Go down
CM Bank$
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
CM Bank$

Hailing From : Capsule Corp

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 EmptyMay 26th 2017, 7:52 pm

Best Match - HBB vs StarrStan

Worst Match - Put your returning co-chairman in a curtain jerking match brehs

Favorite Spot - Fireball 

Favorite Moment - Screwing Mak(pause) 

General Thoughts - Was a cool PFP, I can see why some people will say it's their favorite but personally PFP 5 is mine. I didn't like the fact that I had to face EOE in a show opening match but thankfully I went on to bigger and better things much quicker. I think by the time I came back pretty much everything was already set in motion as far as PFP storyline plans went and it was a way to redeem my character from the controversial segment with EOE and "my parents" months prior when I wasn't around. The show had a lot of star power, one thing about this PFP is that a lot of names in matches are still relevant today whether they're still in EAW or just recognized as legends or key figures.. so that helps this PFP age better than say PFP 1 which has names like "MVM", "Tyler A", "Edge and TNA Rocks" among many others who pretty much phased out by the time this PFP rolled along so most people never got a chance to even know them. EE winning CITV, RoViper vs LSA, the main events, all great matches and moments that helped shape EAW's main event scene and future for some time to come. It was my return and the first time I went by the name of "Banks".. I liked that better than Ronn because honestly Ronn was just a random ass name I came up with on the AWF chat one day. The ending was the setup for one of EAW's GOAT feuds in me vs Mak. And I love the fact that CC was able to win the championship in the main event, he was among the greatest promoers I witnessed in EAW, although I was personally an RRS guy during their feud you just can't deny CC's talent regardless of how u feel about him as a person.. I'd put him in my top 10 if I had to make one and this was a key moment for his career. Jay vs Mr DEDEDE, 2 men who would go onto become amongst EAW's biggest legends, EAW original vs E-Fed veteran going at it for the WHC.. Jaywalker was able to get his awaited first ever PFP moment walking out victorious. Sabina vs HBG, with her retiring as champ was a great moment.. a lot of people in EAW today wasnt around for Sabina but it was truly a special moment and a well deserved sendoff. Before there was a Kendra, Cameron, Aria etc. Sabina was considered the best vixen in EAW and the GOAT at that time.. her opponent wasn't too shabby either. Overall great show that aged pretty well.

Rating - 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
http://huggintheblock.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2   Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro Reaction: Pain For Pride 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1