Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Empty
PostSubject: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 1:04 am

I was thinking over what threads that could be done to help celebrate EAW's annual biggest season up to our biggest event, Pain For Pride, so I decided on this. Pretty simple how it goes: I'll post a Retro Reaction thread to each Pain For Pride in chronological order for everyone to give their thoughts on as if it had just happened. All you have to do is look over the show and give your reactions to it like you would any other FPV. So without further adieu...

Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride P4PPoster

Best Match - 

Worst Match -

Favorite Spot - 

Favorite Moment -

General Thoughts -

Rating -

LINK TO THE PAIN 4 PRIDE SCRIPT: http://eawfpvs3.webs.com/pain-for-pride-iv
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 1:20 am

Best Match - Sons of Mayhem vs Channel Zero vs Foreign Prophecy.

:cena: 
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 1:53 am

Best Match - HBB vs Extreme Enigma

Worst Match - Normally N/a but I might have to say Starr Stan vs Jason Cage, why spend that much time and quality on someone horrendously planned to be fired for months? It would be like if they made EOE vs KD some huge match when they'll get rid of him like the next week already planned a long time ago.

Favorite Spot - IDK guess people going through flaming tables a lot.

Favorite Moment - KD opens the casket to reveal a wax dummy of John Alloy.

General Thoughts - It was an outstanding FPV on a writting standpoint if there ever was one, but though I know this will upset certain people I'm still going to take points off due to a lot of cotroversy that came with this even(Some people were forced to lose their careers, the whole leaving thing that got things erased from history etc) and also that terrible immoral plot there was against Jacob that just leaves bad taste in my mouth. It was a really well written and built(excluding Jason) event though, good job on the writers.

Rating - 7.8. All my ratings have been on a PFP standpoint BTW, thought that went without saying but others keep saying it so yeah I'm saying it too.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 2:22 am

Jaywalker wrote:

Worst Match - Normally N/a but I might have to say Starr Stan vs Jason Cage, why spend that much time and quality on someone horrendously planned to be fired for months? It would be like if they made EOE vs KD some huge match when they'll get rid of him like the next week already planned a long time ago.

General Thoughts - It was an outstanding FPV on a writting standpoint if there ever was one, but though I know this will upset certain people I'm still going to take points off due to a lot of cotroversy that came with this even(Some people were forced to lose their careers, the whole leaving thing that got things erased from history etc) and also that terrible immoral plot there was against Jacob that just leaves bad taste in my mouth. It was a really well written and built(excluding Jason) event though, good job on the writers.

Rating - 7.8. All my ratings have been on a PFP standpoint BTW, thought that went without saying but others keep saying it so yeah I'm saying it too.

Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Jack-nicholson-sticking-finger-flipping-bird
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 2:42 am

Mikado Sekaiichi wrote:
Jaywalker wrote:

Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Jack-nicholson-sticking-finger-flipping-bird
 :shrug: I'm sorry my friend I just got to call them like I see em, none of those things were really your fault and it was much better than PFP 3 don't be angreth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 8:25 am

Best Match - EE vs HBB, really underrated and unique match

Worst Match - CM Banks vs DEDEDE, while it wasn't bad or anything, it was soooo underwhelming for a PFP main event and the build that match had, shouldn't have gone on last.

Favorite Spot - Probably something in the CITV match

Favorite Moment - Ehh probably HRDO chokeslamming DEDEDE

General Thoughts: Oh boy this PFP, usually known as the Dark PFP. It was a phenomenal show in its own right and I won't take that away from it but mannn this one will always be looked at funny for Robbie retiring/walking out and then the following walk-out at MSM, that along with Jacob being fired ( why the FUCK was that match an hour long?? ) and DEDEDE ''retiring'' and going on longass rants in the chatroom the entire time shitting on anything EAW-related along with newbs like me, pop and hawk writing after this show, man. Plus I don't remember the crowd being good for this one, it'd pick up for some matches die for a few more and repeat and there being horrible complainments about KD winning over Alloy ( which I'm guilty of although I'm purely speaking from my then anti-KD mode, maybe he deserved to win idk ) and SQ winning CITV, which looking at who was in the match, i think he deserved.

Rating: 9/10 second best PFP imo
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 10:50 am

Best Match - EE-HBB, but my fav was CITV.

Worst Match - N/A

Favorite Spot - I think one of POP's CITV spots or mine

Favorite Moment - SQ winning the CITV. Not because it was "well-deserved" or anything like that, but I just loved the reaction the other CITV participants had. It's a trend that the losers of CITV get really pissed about the winner every year (I heard PFP 5 was different, though.)

General Thoughts - Great show. My first PFP and the crowd was just fantastic. For anyone who is new to EAW and wanted to see the crowd reaction, POP actually recorded some part of it.

Rating - 9/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 11:44 am

Best Match - Probably a tie between Robbie V vs. RRS and HBB vs. EE. Both very solid matches that were very well written.

Worst Match - Like Jay and Demon said, Jason Cage (me) vs. StarrStan. Why would you make that match so long just for someone to get fired? Makes no sense. Complete waste of time. Honestly though, that match was probably the best written match in my opinion.

Favorite Spot - People going through flaming tables.

Favorite Moment - SQ85 winning CITV.

General Thoughts - It was a very, very great show excluding Jason vs. Starr. Other than that, I really enjoyed the entire show.

Rating - 9/10
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 2:21 pm

Allow me to defend Jason Cage vs StarrStan for the 200th time, because I never fail to be annoyed by people being completely baffled at why this match this match was so long only for Jason to be fired. I put a lot of time and effort into building that feud. I went out of my way to make it fun and genuinely well built with both characters (at least imo) over the course of a good while (at least from Reckless Wiring to P4P). There was NOTHING that was going to stop me from giving that feud the blow-off it deserved and Ronn knew that despite what was imminent. I wasn't going to let Jason fuck it up by getting himself fired because he didn't know how to shut his mouth and I wasn't going to let Ronn fuck it up by firing Jason because of said reason. Maybe Jason getting fired immediately after left a bad taste in people's mouths, but there was nothing I could do about it and I will continue to defend that match, because it deserves much better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 2:31 pm

Eh, I wasn't bothered about him being fired after it, I never got why you made it an hour long, which to me seemed like 30-40 minutes way too long imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 2:57 pm

I said the match was very well written and I enjoyed it. Obviously, I was childish back then and regret doing what I did. I understand the whole feud thing, but still.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 26th 2014, 6:23 pm

Mikado Sekaiichi wrote:
Allow me to defend Jason Cage vs StarrStan for the 200th time, because I never fail to be annoyed by people being completely baffled at why this match this match was so long only for Jason to be fired. I put a lot of time and effort into building that feud. I went out of my way to make it fun and genuinely well built with both characters (at least imo) over the course of a good while (at least from Reckless Wiring to P4P). There was NOTHING that was going to stop me from giving that feud the blow-off it deserved and Ronn knew that despite what was imminent. I wasn't going to let Jason fuck it up by getting himself fired because he didn't know how to shut his mouth and I wasn't going to let Ronn fuck it up by firing Jason because of said reason. Maybe Jason getting fired immediately after left a bad taste in people's mouths, but there was nothing I could do about it and I will continue to defend that match, because it deserves much better.

There's no reason me and Robbie should have had to suffer because of what Jacob did. Me and Jason had one of the best feuds on the card and it was an Elite Rules match between Angle/Benoit, it deserved the match even if it was a little long

I'm glad POP recorded it live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyJune 27th 2014, 12:02 am

I mean I completely agree with how the feud turned it. It was literally epic. Very well written and all the credit in the world goes to Robbie for it. I just hate how that ended up in me getting fired, and I'm sorry for being so dumb back then.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 1
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
J-Dynasty 1

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyMay 26th 2017, 5:35 pm

Bump, look at how they deleted Demon to make me seem like a loner.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyMay 26th 2017, 8:46 pm

Jaywalker wrote:
Bump, look at how they deleted Demon to make me seem like a loner.

If Demon's the only one agreeing with you, you're wrong by default anyway. :smug:
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyMay 26th 2017, 9:08 pm

Best Match - HBB vs. EE

Worst Match - N/A

Favorite Spot - Would have to go back and read the script

Favorite Moment - Biased but me winning the IW title in a match that wasn't even on the card. Really hate that I wasn't able to be on chat for it, when I came on I thought people were trolling when they told me.

General Thoughts - This is my favorite FPV of all-time, I don't care what anyone says. The month leading up to P4P, P4P itself and the month after was the most fun I've ever had in e-feds. A lot of it had to due with the fact that I was still a noob at that point and was so oblivious to pretty much everything. So much so that I really didn't understand any of the controversy that surrounded the show so that didn't hinder my experience at all. The anticipation for the event literally made me feel like I was 10 years old waiting for a WrestleMania. I'm gushing hard right now and probably sound like such a loser but I'd give anything to feel that way for anything e-fed related now. I don't wanna say lifetime because that's stretching it but it's really a once in a career type feeling. By the next year I was a writer and was putting the show together and unfortunately it didn't even feel half as special.

Rating - 10
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride EmptyMay 27th 2017, 8:55 am

Abe Becker/Scott Diamond wrote:
Best Match - HBB vs. EE

Worst Match - N/A

Favorite Spot - Would have to go back and read the script

Favorite Moment - Biased but me winning the IW title in a match that wasn't even on the card. Really hate that I wasn't able to be on chat for it, when I came on I thought people were trolling when they told me.

General Thoughts - This is my favorite FPV of all-time, I don't care what anyone says. The month leading up to P4P, P4P itself and the month after was the most fun I've ever had in e-feds. A lot of it had to due with the fact that I was still a noob at that point and was so oblivious to pretty much everything. So much so that I really didn't understand any of the controversy that surrounded the show so that didn't hinder my experience at all. The anticipation for the event literally made me feel like I was 10 years old waiting for a WrestleMania. I'm gushing hard right now and probably sound like such a loser but I'd give anything to feel that way for anything e-fed related now. I don't wanna say lifetime because that's stretching it but it's really a once in a career type feeling. By the next year I was a writer and was putting the show together and unfortunately it didn't even feel half as special.

Rating - 10

Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride 0aS7ULS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride   Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro Reaction: Pain 4 Pride

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-