Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Football thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 4:04 am

Lol but who do you all see winning the EPL this season?

And how about them CL Draws?

Group C and D are both going to be so tough.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 4:14 am

Always be Bayern!! and Man. United for the Europa! Zlatan will win his first CL trophy next year with United.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 4:19 am

坂崎ハルナ wrote:
Always be Bayern!! and Man. United for the Europa! Zlatan will win his first CL trophy next year with United.
Atletico Madrid will rekt you like they did last year.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 4:23 am

Devan Dubian wrote:
坂崎ハルナ wrote:
Atletico Madrid will rekt you like they did last year.
Pffft.... they just lucky.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 6:19 am

Devan Dubian wrote:

I always see Mourinho being close to winning a league title during his first year......but I think this might be an exception considering the intake of other managers too. City is the sexy pick because of Pep, but the thing about Pep is that his team is still undergoing the revolution and it's not the end product. I'll be shocked if City doesn't finished at least Top 3 however, my pick is Utd at any rate.

As for UCL draws......Group A doesn't seem straightforward. Group B is a clusterfuck, Group C is probably between Barca/City. Let's be honest, Borussia Mönchengladbach lost their star player in Xhaka and Celtic have the ever enigma that is Brendan Rodgers. Group D can be tricky because PSV-Atletico were only separated on PKs. I think Group E is the only group in where the Pot 1 team doesn't advance to the knockout stage. RM will probably win one and draw/lose one against Borussia but still win the group. Leicester got the easiest path ever.....if they fuck this up lord forbid. And Juventus will probably win the group but second place is actually interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://rocketcris.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 9:12 am

ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC
HE IS A SWEDISH HERO
ON A FREE FROM PSG
HE COST US FUCKING ZERO
6'5, HARD AS FUCK
HE GETS THE REDS EXCITED
STICK YER CITY UP YA ARSE COS WE ARE MAN UNITED.

We're winning the league lads.

Bailey, Shaw, Pogba, Ibra, Mata, De Gea, Martial, Rashford, Smalling, Mhki, Herrera :whew:
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 10:51 am

Devan Dubian wrote:

TBH, I pretty much agree that United is going to win the EPL this season. Would love to see Arsenal going back to the top though. Waiting for Reading to come back to EPL someday, lol.

Barca is going to win the group C and eventually winning the CL Dub, we both know that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 12:53 pm

CONTE WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

TWO MEN WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
TWO MEN, CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

THREE MEN WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
THREE MEN, TWO MEN, CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

FOUR MEN WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
FOUR MEN, THREE MEN, TWO MEN, CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

FIVE MEN WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
FIVE MEN, FOUR MEN, THREE MEN, TWO MEN, CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

SIX MEN WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
SIX MEN, FIVE MEN, FOUR MEN, THREE MEN, TWO MEN, CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

SEVEN MEN WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
SEVEN MEN, SIX MEN, FIVE MEN, FOUR MEN, THREE MEN, TWO MEN, CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

EIGHT MEN WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
EIGHT MEN, SEVEN MEN, SIX MEN, FIVE MEN, FOUR MEN, THREE MEN, TWO MEN, CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

NINE MEN WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
NINE MEN, EIGHT MEN, SEVEN MEN, SIX MEN, FIVE MEN, FOUR MEN, THREE MEN, TWO MEN, CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

TEN MEN WENT TO MOW,
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW.
TEN MEN, NINE MEN, EIGHT MEN, SEVEN MEN, SIX MEN, FIVE MEN, FOUR MEN, THREE MEN, TWO MEN, CONTE AND HIS DOG
(SPOT)
WENT TO MOW A MEADOW

*arms raised*
CHELSEA!
*clap, clap, clap*
CHELSEA!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 31st 2016, 2:39 pm

Sideshow Bob is back home at last.

POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Tumblr10
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 31st 2016, 2:43 pm

Welcome back, David Luiz!

POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 8-1449087460
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyAugust 31st 2016, 6:30 pm

We've created a monster 

POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Davidl10
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptySeptember 12th 2016, 4:24 am

RM and AM got hit by transfer ban and we can't do shit for a while. Not exactly ideal considering a bunch of our guys are like over 30s and we need actual replacement for Marcelo, Cristiano, Ramos and Benzema. Oh well, cheers to first place in La Liga while it lasts.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptySeptember 17th 2016, 3:19 pm

I love the new Everton
Scoring Romelu Everton
Don't give up goals Everton
Plays with some soul Everton
The Koeman-led Everton
Doesn't shit the bed Everton
The Barry and Gueye Everton
Closing down all day Everton
Scores from set piece Everton
Shows elbow grease Everton
Deu super-sub Everton
The People's Club Everton
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptySeptember 18th 2016, 8:54 am

The final 15 minutes of Watford vs. Manchester United was the lulziest period in PL history..

Deeney and Pererya are absolutely troll legends :ha:

Gave Rooney, Depay, Fellaini and Pogba yellow cards too?!?!
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptySeptember 28th 2016, 8:26 pm

oh Bayern....

seems that Atletico is their kryptonites.
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyOctober 3rd 2016, 3:46 pm

http://www.espnfc.us/swansea-city/story/2965022/swansea-dismiss-francesco-guidolin-and-appoint-ex-united-states-boss-bob-bradley

Having some familiarity with Bradley, seeing as he managed USA for a while, I don't necessarily love or hate his appointment as the manager. I'm just really starting to take issue with the board.

The board had an awful transfer window that Guidolin felt the consequences of. They sold our two best players in positions in which we didn't have depth (Williams, defender and Ayew, winger/wide mid), while not selling Ki, who's a good player but hardly plays. Ancient Leon Britton is ahead of him in the depth chart. Meanwhile, we were linked with good players but didn't sign any of them, we went into the season with a center-half deficiency, and we have five goalkeepers on the team for whatever reason. Oh, and Routledge and Dyer have new four-year deals when the best time for them to get long-term deals was four years ago. For Guidolin to go 9-5-11 in his time here even with THIS front office performance doesn't scream failure to me, and I would've at least let him manage against Arsenal and a few more games after that. And, out of the five teams that have had the same form over the past 5 matches (1 draw, 4 losses), Swansea had the toughest schedule of the five. I get making a move now instead of waiting until it's too late, but we can't be doing this every season because of a bad string of results.

And, we can't make public the goings-on in the front office that leads to speculation of the manager getting sacked. That just leads to a special sort of toxicity within the club that isn't really special anymore, because we've done this with the past four managers we've had. I still agree that Michael Laudrup had to be sacked because he had lost the dressing room, but the speculation was so rampant that Laudrup couldn't have been completely at fault for losing the dressing room. Then, our board callously sacked Garry Monk right before the January window, so the club had time to stew but Monk never had a chance to fix it. Speculation was rampant weeks in advance there, too. The fact that Monk, a club legend, left out the back door (they had his car moved!) after completing a morning training session reflected the way he was treated on his way out. That same season, Alan Curtis was given the caretaker role, only for him to be notified that he'd be the permanent manager for the season. Then, after a few weeks, the board pulled the rug from under Curtis by hiring Guidolin. So, in that case, not only did they treat Monk and Curtis badly, they weren't even prepared with a replacement after sacking Monk. And, with Guidolin, they let speculation go public again after not even playing five or six matches, then sacked him after seven on his birthday.

It's not illegal to fire somebody on their birthday, and it's not required to treat somebody you're about to fire with enormous respect, but this kind of treatment is a reflection on the club and who/what it is. And, especially when it comes to making a pitch to talented players and managers to play for you, who you are completely matters. Bob Bradley is not a bad manager, and he has experience, but his current (former) job was in the French Second division, Ligue 2. He's a reach, and after managing in places like Ligue 2, Norway, and Egypt's national team after leaving USA, I'm sure a Premier League job was something he never expected for the rest of his career. If the board keeps this treatment of managers up, they'll have to continue to hire risky managers. And it will catch up to us at some point, and we Swansea fans will have to follow the club back to Barnsley and Brighton on Tuesdays.

Screw it, I might just join the supporters' trust.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyOctober 3rd 2016, 8:17 pm

And on the flip side to Spain.....Barcelona and my Real Madrid haven't exactly gotten off to the best start, results wise and injuries wise too
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyOctober 4th 2016, 12:22 am

AM BITCHES!!!! THIS SEASON IS OURS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyOctober 4th 2016, 2:00 am

Angel. wrote:
And on the flip side to Spain.....Barcelona and my Real Madrid haven't exactly gotten off to the best start, results wise and injuries wise too

So true about that.

Another news about Barca though (and a positive one IMO) that they just recruited Ronaldinho as their ambassador. A good marketing strategy if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Mike Showman
Voltage
Voltage
Mike Showman

Hailing From : Queens, New York

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyOctober 4th 2016, 2:46 am

So in England, some of the big teams are faltering again. Chelsea seems to be in transition yet now with Conte still adapting to a faster league. Manchester United is highly unpredictable but so far I am satisfied with their performances in the league. Like against Stoke they should have won comfortably but for those ridiculous misses. The noisy neighbors City dropped some points. Spurs clearly showed some flaws in Guardiola's system when it comes to playing against fast teams. And Arsenal just squeezed out a win in the last few minutes. Though I would not be worried about their form now because their real test comes after Christmas. I believe this season will truly be one to watch.
Back to top Go down
Mike Showman
Voltage
Voltage
Mike Showman

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyOctober 4th 2016, 2:49 am

坂崎ハルナ wrote:
This girl speaks the truth. ZLATAN AND MIKE APPROVES  :bolieve:
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyNovember 22nd 2016, 1:41 am

Jurgen Klinsmann got sacked as USA manager today.

Not sure who we'll hire next, but I'm already hoping they go for Bob Bradley so Swansea can try this whole manager appointment thing again.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyNovember 22nd 2016, 3:27 am

Mike Showman wrote:
坂崎ハルナ wrote:
That would require Man Utd to be good or decent at any level
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyNovember 22nd 2016, 7:19 am

Devan Dubian wrote:
Mike Showman wrote:
坂崎ハルナ wrote:

Agreed Dub. 

Meanwhile, the Conte revolution shows no sign of backing down.
Back to top Go down
Mike Showman
Voltage
Voltage
Mike Showman

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 EmptyNovember 22nd 2016, 7:22 am

Devan Dubian wrote:
Mike Showman wrote:
坂崎ハルナ wrote:

Well looking at the current United form, I would admit they have been shite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   POGBACK - Football thread - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next