Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

College Football Thread  SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

College Football Thread  SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
College Football Thread  Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
College Football Thread  Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
College Football Thread  Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
College Football Thread  Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
College Football Thread  Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
College Football Thread  Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

College Football Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angel.

Angel.

College Football Thread  Empty
PostSubject: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 2:54 pm

Not going to lie, the first season into this playoff season makes things a lot interesting. Predict your Final 4 for the College Football Playoffs, alongside with who's winning the Heisman candidates.
Back to top Go down
http://rocketcris.tumblr.com/
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 2:58 pm

College Football sucks anymore.

1. Mississippi State
2. Alabama
3. Auburn
4. Ole Miss

(As if the NCAA wants anything other than this, don't lie to yourselves.)

SEC this, SEC that. Nothing else. Only in the SEC can you get 2 or 3 loses and be given the excuse, "Oh, the conference just beats up on each other is all." Everyone else in that situation gets the, "They're just not as good as we thought they were." So when Oregon loses another game, albeit against similar caliber teams like ASU, Arizona, etc etc, they won't get the same benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 3:23 pm

Eh, I think there will be only one SEC team in the playoffs, max would be only two. 

1. Mississippi State, 2. Florida State, 3. Oregon and I pray to god that one of TCU/Baylor get the 4th spot because it's so boring to see Bama being in the spotlight. 

As for the Heisman, I believe Prescott will get a few votes but it's basically Mariota's trophy to lose. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if Boykin or Gordon wins the Heisman either
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 3:34 pm

There will be at least 3, and that's because of SEC bias. Book it. And it will be the biggest joke ever.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 3:37 pm

I can only hope that your opinion is wrong. Explain to me how Bama beating #16 LSU in OT is a better win than TCU dominating #7 KSU? Whatever, I hope there's at least two just so two SEC teams can lose in the semi-finals if they don't face one and another.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 4:34 pm

Angel. wrote:
I can only hope that your opinion is wrong. Explain to me how Bama beating #16 LSU in OT is a better win than TCU dominating #7 KSU? Whatever, I hope there's at least two just so two SEC teams can lose in the semi-finals if they don't face one and another.

You're not wrong in seeing that TCU's win is more impressive than Alabama's. It's just the bias that the NCAA and media show forth SEC's way. It's idiotic and unfair. I know how they work. They'll see a 2-loss SEC team more impressive than a 2-loss BIG 12/PAC-12 team even though I disagree whole-heartedly. But they'll do it anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 4:42 pm

My final four will be

1. Alabama
2. Mississippi State
3. TCU
4. Baylor

This season has been interesting. I predict at least two SEC teams to make in the semi finals. The conference is tough but there are a lot of good teams out there.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 5:38 pm

The SEC gets 0 teams because they all eliminate each other.

I'm predicting the next Final 4 to look like this.

1. Miss. State
2. Florida State
3. Oregon
4. Alabama

Miss. State still has games against Alabama and Ole Miss (who despite two losses I still feel is the best team in the state), I'm predicting a loss in both those games. It'll give Ole Miss a boost, not enough of one to jump into the top 4 and it will most likely catapult Alabama to the #2 spot, if not #1.

BUT Alabama also has to play Auburn in the Iron Bowl, and again.. I think Auburn is a better, more complete team. I'm predicting Auburn to knock off Alabama in the Iron Bowl.

Now here's where it gets interesting.

Let's say Alabama is at #2 when they lose to Auburn to get their second loss, do they drop out of the Top 4? Normally, I would say no... but I can't overlook what the committee did to Ole Miss.

Granted, I know they were consecutive but they lost to LSU at Death Valley by 3 points and their second loss came to Auburn, also by 3 points, a game which they would have won if it weren't for that terrible, unfortunate fumble at the 1 yard line. That dropped them I believe 8 spots. 8 SPOTS! There's no way you can drop Ole Miss 8 spots and then somehow try to justify only dropping Alabama down 2... or less.

My final Top 4 is.

1. Florida State
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Baylor
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 8:50 pm

zgod. wrote:
The SEC gets 0 teams because they all eliminate each other.

I'm predicting the next Final 4 to look like this.

1. Miss. State
2. Florida State
3. Oregon
4. Alabama

Miss. State still has games against Alabama and Ole Miss (who despite two losses I still feel is the best team in the state), I'm predicting a loss in both those games. It'll give Ole Miss a boost, not enough of one to jump into the top 4 and it will most likely catapult Alabama to the #2 spot, if not #1.

BUT Alabama also has to play Auburn in the Iron Bowl, and again.. I think Auburn is a better, more complete team. I'm predicting Auburn to knock off Alabama in the Iron Bowl.

Now here's where it gets interesting.

Let's say Alabama is at #2 when they lose to Auburn to get their second loss, do they drop out of the Top 4? Normally, I would say no... but I can't overlook what the committee did to Ole Miss.

Granted, I know they were consecutive but they lost to LSU at Death Valley by 3 points and their second loss came to Auburn, also by 3 points, a game which they would have won if it weren't for that terrible, unfortunate fumble at the 1 yard line. That dropped them I believe 8 spots. 8 SPOTS! There's no way you can drop Ole Miss 8 spots and then somehow try to justify only dropping Alabama down 2... or less.

My final Top 4 is.

1. Florida State
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. Baylor

You have two Big 12 teams? Woah. Then again, FWIW the Big 12 has been nothing but entertaining. I'm pulling for both Baylor and TCU to get represented because I'm really sick of the media to not give the Big 12 any media attention.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 9:15 pm

1. Mississippi State
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. TCU

Florida State will lose... TWICE. Book it.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 9:19 pm

Lannister wrote:
1. Mississippi State
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. TCU

To who? :why:
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 9:32 pm

zgod. wrote:
Lannister wrote:
1. Mississippi State
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. TCU

To who? :why:

Their first loss will come this weekend, to Miami. :cena:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football Thread    College Football Thread  Empty

Back to top Go down

College Football Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1