Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Football thread - Page 9 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Football thread - Page 9 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Football thread - Page 9 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Football thread - Page 9 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Football thread - Page 9 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Football thread - Page 9 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Football thread - Page 9 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Football thread - Page 9 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Football thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

Football thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyJuly 23rd 2015, 9:24 am

Benteke to Liverpool for 32.5 million
I think it is a good signing for Liverpool. With the performance of Aston Villa last season, he was going to leave sooner rather than later. Liverpool's forwards, before the transfer window, were Sturridge, Balotelli, and Lambert. Sturridge is known for his injury proneness, Balotelli simply cannot buff himself or find his clinical touch, and Lambert is just.....Lambert. Now they have acquired players such as Ings, and now Benteke. However, if Sturridge does remain fit this season and gets away from injury, I can see Rodgers developing a 4-4-2 formation, with Ings and Sturridge being paired as the two quick, dynamic players, leaving Benteke to fill the bench. Unless Liverpool creates a formation revolving a target man such as Benteke, I don't see him regularly being on the starting team for Liverpool.

Sergio Romero signs deal with Man United:
He is a good goalkeeper, however he has played significantly less in the teams that he has been in. Just 71 apps within a four year period with Sampdoria, and having a loan spell with Monaco, just having three apps, there are question remarks regarding him. However, if De Gea does definitely stay, second-choice goalkeeper guaranteed. A keeper such as Akinfeev or Muslera would have been great signings, especially as replacements if De Gea was to leave. They have been playing every game for their individual teams, and they have tremendous amounts of experience between them.

Thomas Muller 100 million rumors put to rest by Real Madrid, do not plan to buy him.
I heavily doubted that Muller was actually going to move away from Bayern this season. With long-serving veteran, Schweinsteiger, moving the other way, I think Bayern needs to preserve their star players in order to keep their mentality in tact. Also, 100 million is far too much. Muller is a world-class talent with admirable prowess, but the maximum that he is worth has to be around 40-60 million. It is understandable for Real Madrid to get reinforcements, especially if Benzema or Bale decide to go for the move, but signing Muller for a staggering amount? Nah man. Muller needs Bayern as much as Bayern needs Muller, and I see him serving for the team for roughly a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 3rd 2015, 3:37 pm

Football thread - Page 9 Article-1328516-0C01E686000005DC-27_634x516

Annnnd we sell another player who never got a chance by Van Gaal despite being awesome, gotta play Valencia tho. #JustVanGaalthings
Back to top Go down
'Hollywood' Piff Fumador

'Hollywood' Piff Fumador

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 5th 2015, 8:33 am

Oh man i can't tell you how glad I am this thread isn't about american football... I was praying as I opened it up

Legit counting down the days until Premier League starts again, what's everyone's table predictions? get in there early
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 5th 2015, 8:58 am

Not gonna bother to do a whole table.

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal

That's probably what the top four will be like, maybe Arsenal will get third over utd or maybe City will slip but I think Chelsea still have the strongest team in the league and should be retaining it. Liverpool and Spurs to continue it out for 5th.

Sunderland, Aston Villa and Bournemouth going down won't shock me either.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 5:21 pm

Di Maria to PSG....damn. At least another year would have been suffice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 5:43 pm

Rhaegar wrote:
Di Maria to PSG....damn. At least another year would have been suffice.
Another year would have been my ideal option as well, really didn't want him to leave but he didn't want to be here and seemingly never wanted to be at the club so it's whatever.

HUGE shame he flopped, guys fucking amazing when he's on form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 7th 2015, 4:27 pm

LvG confirms David De Gea won't play against Spurs, because of the Madrid saga ongoing. Likely be Sam Johnstone in goal because Romero isn't 'match fit', with a CB defense of probably Jones and Blind, against Kane. Oh.My.God.

#JustVanGaalThings

:money:
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 7th 2015, 4:34 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
LvG confirms David De Gea won't play against Spurs, because of the Madrid saga ongoing. Likely be Sam Johnstone in goal because Romero isn't 'match fit', with a CB defense of probably Jones and Blind, against Kane. Oh.My.God.

#JustVanGaalThings

Such bizarre circumstances, but who knows? Maybe Sam Johnstone might do some magic on his debut. As for Jones and Blind as CB, oh boy. What happened to Rojo and Smalling?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 7th 2015, 5:03 pm

Rhaegar wrote:
Dark Demon wrote:

#JustVanGaalThings

Such bizarre circumstances, but who knows? Maybe Sam Johnstone might do some magic on his debut. As for Jones and Blind as CB, oh boy. What happened to Rojo and Smalling?
Rojo isn't match fit as he missed the US tour, Smalling might play (should) but I get the feeling it'll be Jones/Blind.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 7th 2015, 5:20 pm

I don't even fully support any team in the EPL but I love watching the league itself so I'm quite excited that it is starting back up tomorrow.

My top 4 team would consist of
Chelsea
Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal

That seems a bit generic and redundant but I honestly believe these are the four strongest teams in the league who will eventually find their form (and dip throughout the season as all good teams) and then finish strong. Those teams are in order but I wouldn't be surprised to see if they all ended up in the top 4 but in different positions, this should be a good year.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 9:34 am

Just finished watching the United/Spurs game. An incredible match. Romero had an impressive debut with top saves, Darmian was a delight on the pitch, Smalling and Blind were just dynamite on the defense as well. Great performance by United nevertheless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 10:12 am

What match were you watching? It was incredibly boring.

Anyway, pretty much the same old stuff from last season. All we do is pass the ball around and create absolutely nothing, Tottenham had all the best chances in the game. We're just so blunt in attack, it's ridiculous and extremely boring. With the money we've spent in the last two season, the players we have and the fact Vorm was in goal, we should have putting him under more pressure. That being said, Smalling seems to have carried his form from the end of last season into this season with another really impressive performance, Dermian was awesome and should be our #1 right back already, fuck Valencia. Schneiderlin was solid despite almost gifting Spurs a chance in the first half and Memphis showed some bright spots and Romario was good after a dodgy start.

need a striker and a cb to pair with Smalling so badly, attacking would be nice too but a win is a win and I beat Ken again so it'll do pig, it'll do.
Back to top Go down
Caliban

Caliban

Hailing From : The Village Hidden In The Leaves

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 10:33 am

HOLY SHIT AN ACTUAL FOOTBALL THREAD! Any time I open these its normally NFL, Im with Demon that match was boring, as a united fan I am always happy to see that kind of result. Also it didnt show through much today but there were definite flashes of brilliance in that new team and the keeper looks promising too. Also defensively United played extremely well which hasn't been a normal feature in their game the past couple of years. All in all Im happy with the result but the match wasnt worth getting outta bed at 7.45 for in fact I probably would of slept through it if some twat hadnt set fire to his couch at 6.30 this morning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 10:44 am

You're a United fan? We've ANOTHER United fan in EAW????

Oh my god I'm so happy right now
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 1:16 pm

The amount of own goals today man.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 1:58 pm

Holy shit man....Swansea City was freaking marvelous today. Shelvey, Gomis, Ayew, Montero, Sigurdsson....my god...and they reduce away ticket subsidies? This gotta be my side team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 10th 2015, 2:49 pm

Arsenal continuing their usual opening day lulz performance, Cech was horrible for the two West Ham goals (already getting Wenger'd) and so was Coq, first one he played the whole line onside and Lord only knows what he was doing for the second goal, whole performance from Arsenal said it all when a 16 year old making his debut had Ozil in his pocket all game.

Coutinho already in with a Goal of the Season contender (with Kyle Walker, amirite Ken Wink ), stunning goal from a fantastic player, can't wait for him to be off next summer.

Stoke signing Shaqiri, boy he's fallen off in the last year but it should be a good signing, Mark Hughes has done a fantastic job building the Stoke team, should be an exciting team in th league this season.

Man City also reportedly bid for Kevin De Byurne, a front-line of him/Aguero/Silva/Sterling is fucking frightening, their defence is still shite but if they get Yaya back in form and have that frontline, they'll outscore everybody.
Back to top Go down
Superior Quality 85

Superior Quality 85

Hailing From : Scotland, ya wankers
Status : Would be a pointless answer on a round called 'Former EAW Champions' on Pointless

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 10th 2015, 3:49 pm

As the start of the Premier League has us pondering our thoughts as to how this season will play out, I have to say, Swansea City were freaking on the spot and were fantastic against Chelsea.

Watford might feel a bit disappointed they didn't get all 3 points against Everton. They played extremely well and their new signings could be vital in the long run.

Coutinho provided me to come out with the loudest 'OHHHHH, WHAT A GOAL!!!' in the very first weekend of the season, which is something

Leicester, with the tinkerman at the helm, Mr. Claudio, will be a hard team to beat this season

Favorites to go down, based of what I saw and also looking longterm (yes, I'm crazy basing things off the first weekend), Bournemouth, Sunderland and Norwich

Also, Jay Spearing's 2nd yellow card, never a fucking dive and never a sending off, fucking wanker of a referee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 10th 2015, 6:41 pm

We've got a goal of the season contender from Coutinho this weekend and now a miss of the season contender from Raheem Sterling, shocking miss.

Yaya Toure's goal was great though. City's attack looks really good already, even without Aguero playing.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 14th 2015, 6:16 am

I just watched a video that was marked "Best Champions League Goals of All-Time". Interesting selections were handpicked, but then when it came down to this one:

Then I just utterly marked out at this, especially because I was watching the Chelsea/Barcelona UCL game with my dad. We both were just left aghast when Essien shot that sensational volley. Shit got real when Iniesta scored; my father tried to punch a mural hanging on the wall (yes he was a Chelsea fan, I was an Arsenal fan)

But for the sake of this, what is your top Champions League goals of all-time? It can chip in any amount of goals as you like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 14th 2015, 8:08 am

Any answer that isn't this is wrong:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 15th 2015, 8:51 am

Another dull performance but better than the Spurs one imo.

Rooney remains being awful (one touch in the box all game ffs) but I thought Memphis was alright, should have got a goal but he looks promising, if he works on the finishing more than we'll have a top player on our hands. But ye, our attack is still shite.

Defense wise though, we're looking pretty good. It's unbelievable how good Smalling is right now, looks a completely different player than the clown who got himself sent off against City last season. Dermian was pretty good again and Shaw as well.

Hard to complain with two wins and two clean sheets out of two but christ, we're just hard to watch.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 15th 2015, 4:15 pm

After watching the Swansea/Newcastle game, Swansea has to end the season by being in the Top 5. They are just....magical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 15th 2015, 6:25 pm

Top 5...? What?

Swansea aren't making top five, they've always played good football but absolutely no way are they making top five or even top six.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 EmptyAugust 15th 2015, 8:26 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Top 5...? What?

Swansea aren't making top five, they've always played good football but absolutely no way are they making top five or even top six.
Maybe they can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football thread   Football thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next