Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

If the woman you love... SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

If the woman you love... SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
If the woman you love... Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
If the woman you love... Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
If the woman you love... Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
If the woman you love... Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
If the woman you love... Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
If the woman you love... Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

If the woman you love...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

If the woman you love... Empty
PostSubject: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 9:42 am

If the woman you love ended things because she thought things were different, would you still try to fight for her, KNOWING that she is the love of your life and there's a possibility you MIGHT end up back together, or would take in the fact that she dumped you for no reason and move on?

In other words, fight for love, knowing it might kill you along the way, or let it go and try to be happy again?
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 9:43 am

Somebody has been listening to Drake lately..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 9:48 am

Not his emotional stuff. This is a legit thing. Just something I thought up lol.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 9:59 am

I would be smart enough to realize she's not the love of my life if she dumped me.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 10:08 am

OK, if I can be a little bit more diplomatic (yet still very blunt) than I was yesterday on this matter;

1. No-one under the age of 30 can say that they KNOW someone is the love of their life. Fuck, even 30 is pushing the minimum. Since I can't imagine many people in EAW are over 30, I think this is a ridiculous claim to make for anyone here. A lot of people feel that way about their partners, including after they have broken up, but so often all it can take is days, weeks or months to pass by, and the idea of these people being much more than strangers passing through the night becomes funny. Fuck. I've had these feelings for people, including those I hadn't even entered into relationships with, but every time I was able to regain perspective after a while, and see the bushes through the trees. If the love was meant to last, it would have, and it would have on both sides. If it's unrequited to any degree, then so often it just isn't worth having.

2. I will not discount the possibility to reuniting with someone you have broken up with, but I know this much. No-one has ever ended a relationship for no reason. There always has to be SOME reason, or else you would just continue on with it. Humans are creatures of habit and repetition. There has to be some reason why we would change these things, so in a major example like ending a relationship with someone- Yes. There is always a reason. So, while I would say that this happens in a supreme minority of cases, if you want to start the relationship up again, you need to understand why the breakup happened, but this is where the moral of Death Parade comes in. Humans so often just can't understand each other. God, we sometimes can't even understand ourselves. There has to have been a reason, and straight after a break-up, begging and crying to resolve this reason isn't going to cut it. Often, this reason can't be resolved, which is when you have to take the time to move on. And it's as simple as that. You can't let one phase of your life define you moving on. Of course it hurts at first, but you just have to keep on moving, and not letting these things drag you down into despair.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 10:09 am

TLA wrote:
I would be smart enough to realize she's not the love of my life if she dumped me.

This is basically the TL;DR version of my answer, btw
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 10:48 am

Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:
1. No-one under the age of 30 can say that they KNOW someone is the love of their life..
I didn't get any farther than this but this is the most bullshit sentence I have ever read. Age does not determine the ability to love.
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 10:53 am

If it's meant to be, fate or some shit will find a way. Really though, chances are she never was in the first place and it's always best to move on instead of wasting your time on a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 11:16 am

Charlie Scene wrote:
Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:
1. No-one under the age of 30 can say that they KNOW someone is the love of their life..
I didn't get any farther than this but this is the most bullshit sentence I have ever read. Age does not determine the ability to love.

- Every love struck 17 year old, ever
Back to top Go down
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tyler Parker

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 11:20 am

Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:
1. No-one under the age of 30 can say that they KNOW someone is the love of their life.

- Someone who never had a girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 11:24 am

Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:
Charlie Scene wrote:
Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:

Not 17. And I would like to know what happens that once you are 30 you are capable of love and before that you are not
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 11:37 am

Charlie Scene wrote:
Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:
Charlie Scene wrote:
Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:

Not 17. And I would like to know what happens that once you are 30 you are capable of love and before that you are not

OF YOUR LIFE. He specifically said the love of your life. How the fuck can you know you've met the love of your life until you're at least at a decent point past your teenage years?
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 12:11 pm

Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:
Charlie Scene wrote:
Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:
Charlie Scene wrote:
Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:

OF YOUR LIFE. He specifically said the love of your life. How the fuck can you know you've met the love of your life until you're at least at a decent point past your teenage years?
How can you know you haven't?
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 12:38 pm

TLA wrote:
This. I'm not going to sit there and just cry about it. There are over 4 billion female humans on Earth. I'd be kind of upset for a couple of days at most, mostly because I wouldn't be dating her if I didn't think it'd work out but sooner or later you have to man up and accept that it didn't work out. So yeah, if we broke up then it obviously wasn't meant to be, at least not for now. If she wants to come back and patch things up (with the requirement that I still have those same feelings for her) then sure, I'd try things again but I'm not going to go out of my way to make that happen. If it ends, it ends.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 12:43 pm

MTM wrote:
TLA wrote:
This. I'm not going to sit there and just cry about it. There are over 4 billion female humans on Earth. I'd be kind of upset for a couple of days at most, mostly because I wouldn't be dating her if I didn't think it'd work out but sooner or later you have to man up and accept that it didn't work out. So yeah, if we broke up then it obviously wasn't meant to be, at least not for now. If she wants to come back and patch things up (with the requirement that I still have those same feelings for her) then sure, I'd try things again but I'm not going to go out of my way to make that happen. If it ends, it ends.
Everyone can say this as much as they want to but until you meet a girl that you are in love with and want nothing more than to be with them, no matter what they do to you, "being a man and accepting it" is the last thing you want to do and you never really do that, you're just forced to live with the fact that the girl you love doesn't love you back and hope that eventually you'll find another girl to come in second place.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 1:00 pm

Jacob Steele wrote:
If the woman you love ended things because she thought things were different, would you still try to fight for her, KNOWING that she is the love of your life and there's a possibility you MIGHT end up back together, or would take in the fact that she dumped you for no reason and move on?

In other words, fight for love, knowing it might kill you along the way, or let it go and try to be happy again?

Well if she fell out of love for whatever reason I would try to fight for it to a certain extent if I feel I'm truly meant to be with her. But if she doesn't feel the same as I do then I would respect her wishes and let her go and hope and that we would be back together again at some point. (I'm kinda going through this right now) But in any case if it wasn't meant to be then it's just isn't meant to be. Falling in love and out of love is natural and it happens pretty much all the time. But if you were truly meant to be together then it will happen when both parties have matured and grown when they have seen other people.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 1:06 pm

Charlie Scene wrote:
MTM wrote:
TLA wrote:
Everyone can say this as much as they want to but until you meet a girl that you are in love with and want nothing more than to be with them, no matter what they do to you, "being a man and accepting it" is the last thing you want to do and you never really do that, you're just forced to live with the fact that the girl you love doesn't love you back and hope that eventually you'll find another girl to come in second place.
I think you misunderstood. I'm talking from the perspective of someone who has thought that they were "in love", or at least as much as they can be at my age. This is me talking from a personal experience. This was over a year ago now and I still have feelings for this one girl. Am I going to be upset? Like I said, for a few days, maybe a week or so, yeah. But if it doesn't work out then I know that there'll be someone better out there eventually. I just have to find them. Not second place, someone who blows the original first place straight out of the water.

It's probably weird for me to think like that but  :shrug:
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 1:12 pm

Charlie Scene wrote:
Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:
Charlie Scene wrote:
Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:
Charlie Scene wrote:
Dr. Eddie Hawke wrote:

How can you know you haven't?

No, Charles is 100% right. Come on GI, you're smarter than this, life isn't that black-and-white to where everyone falls under the same guidelines. Especially when it comes to personal relationships/situations.

You never know how things play out, but it's not impossible to know you have met the love of your life by your 20's or even late teen years.

And using the terminology "love of your life" is wack, while subjecting it to a certain age. If you want to get technical, that's fine, but if we're going to play that way: are you implying you aren't actually living from teen years to late 20's? Hindsight doesn't always have all the answers, sometimes you find out long before then.

With that said, your original post wasn't all that bad other than one sentence. I just happen to disagree with it, like Charles. This is actually a pleasant discussion that's worth arguing over, unlike the other threads that have been going on around here. But man, Charles keeps hitting this out of the park. Everyone likes to be all "macho man" and likes to think it's just easy to get over a break-up and that accepting a breakup is just merely nothing.

Rude awakening, coming, one day. Even the menliest of men fall victim to desperation of trying to keep the one you love. I'm not talking about crying or any of that, but definitely the type of desperation where you go through thick and thin, doing things you never had before to "make up" or even remissness. It happens. Regardless, most people are going to answer this "just move on" but in all reality, with what happens in a lot of cases (Not all) is that the guy tries everything in his power to get her back.

And if you don't... then it's pretty obvious your feelings for that person didn't amount to much, anyway. You can only hope someone comes along eventually, because that's the only way you get over that person. Well, not completely. But this is another aspect that people don't mention: How you are able to love more than one person. Which is why I didn't like the "Love your life" comment. All because break-ups happen, that doesn't mean that love wasn't real/sustainable, just things happened. Even if you find someone after, and fall in love with them, that doesn't mean your prior feelings for that other person were meaningless. They're just outdated is all. Nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 1:15 pm

There's no 'the one', there's just 'the one that is willing to compromise'.  Love doesn't come from a place of misery, where you have to jump through hoops to prove something to someone.  Putting forth effort is one thing, but trying to convert someone's opinion of you is another, and if they dump you, odds are they have a reason to not think it's going to work, whether it be a compatibility thing or a trust thing.

There are scenarios where I'd say don't give up, but there are also those where I'd say you'd be happier trying to find love somewhere else.  My dad's been divorced 3 times and is on wife number 4, my brother's got at least 2 exes with restraining orders against him because he tried to make things work when they didn't reciprocate his feelings.  Trust me when I say I've seen the stupid shit that love can do to a person and understand the romantic blinders that keep some from accepting the truth and moving on to become healthier, happier, and wiser.

Point blank, if someone rejects you then they don't love you and aren't worth your time or effort unless there's some misunderstanding or rom-com climax situation that they've misconstrued as a reason to not trust you, but my experience is that those things don't exist unless either a) you did something legitimately to make them mistrust you or b) the other person's a crazy, possessive, paranoid psycho who doesn't want you to have friends of the opposite sex.  Both are pretty clear indications that you don't love that person, or that they really don't love you.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 1:31 pm

MTM wrote:
Charlie Scene wrote:
MTM wrote:
TLA wrote:
I think you misunderstood. I'm talking from the perspective of someone who has thought that they were "in love", or at least as much as they can be at my age. This is me talking from a personal experience. This was over a year ago now and I still have feelings for this one girl. Am I going to be upset? Like I said, for a few days, maybe a week or so, yeah. But if it doesn't work out then I know that there'll be someone better out there eventually. I just have to find them. Not second place, someone who blows the original first place straight out of the water.

It's probably weird for me to think like that but  :shrug:
That's not weird at all that's probably the healthiest attitude I've seen on here.
Back to top Go down
Montell Smooth

Montell Smooth

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 2:12 pm

Maybe if you spent your money on her instead of GFW and Jeff Jarrett she would still be with you.

:whew:
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 2:15 pm

Montell Smooth wrote:
Maybe if you spent your money on her instead of GFW and Jeff Jarrett she would still be with you.

:book:
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 2:17 pm

inb4 XMW 221421421412421.0
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 2:21 pm

Brian Daniels wrote:
Montell Smooth wrote:

:book:
:snap:   :dead:
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... EmptyApril 14th 2015, 3:29 pm

Its hard for me to think about this because immediately ill have like PTSD like flashbacks of the fucking anguish i went through last year, but ill say this I dont really look at a girl and say shes the love of my life until its all said in done and were either married or broken up at that point. My ex as of now was the "love of my life" in the sense We both put so much energy into our relationship and got so much out of it. When we broke up it rocked my world. As macho and tough as I like to act around some of you guys when talking about girls and shit I turned bitch and it was hard to move forward since it was long term

Anyway ill just say do everything it takes to get her back so you dont regret it in the end. If youve already gone to long term thinking with her and it was a long term relationship do what it takes. To this day I still regret a lot about how I handled my split, dont be that guy. Also i must note its fucking hard to move on, so so so hard trust me i know what the fuck im talking about. Even when a new girl comes along or guy for you ladies its still hard cause of the time and energy

It doesnt matter man attraction follows no codes no age limits (not tryna be funny) or anything like that. A statistic shows most ppl meet the girl theyre gonna marry by 18. 18. Just be proactive is all im trying to say. Dont let everything slip away especially if you feel deep inside its worth it. We all say shit like "she left for no reason" i said that same bull shit but GI is right about this, theres always some reason why it doesnt work. We THINK its all for no reason cuz were irrational in this scenario but try to look in the mirror and fix that before you dump it on her/him and act like shes the bad guy. But w/e everyones diff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If the woman you love...   If the woman you love... Empty

Back to top Go down

If the woman you love...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next