Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Worst Of: Brand Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 7:50 pm

Mikado Sekaiichi wrote:
Dark Demon wrote:
How was Showdown or even Dynasty not obsolete at the time? Showdown was on a decline once HRDO retired, outside of like one good month under Hawk's writing,

:punk: 
 :eww: 
 :comeon: 

Take your pick.

''Showdown forced to make Johnny Golden and ''The Messiah'' big features on Showdown because they have fuck all else!

:shrug: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 7:59 pm

Scott Diamond wrote:
This probably sounds retarded, I can see both sides, but I kind of disagree with Demon. Showdown was in a pretty bad state from October 2011 until the time Hessian took over, and then while he made some questionable booking decisions, he made decently solid scripts. While on Dynasty, my scripts weren't as good as Demon's, but they were still as Demon said, solid. There was a four month period at the beginning of 2012 where all 3 brands were running pretty smoothly.

Then Chris quit, and I left... that fucked things up badly. Fan was writing Showdown on his own and a bunch of backups/Banks were writing Dynasty. I liked Fan's work, and even Banks', but they certainly weren't writers capable of writing full scripts. 

When Voltage was actually chopped, it was far and away the best brand due to the other two just undergoing major shake-ups. However, I don't know if the gap between the 3 was all that severe in the months leading up to it, with the exception of the fall of 2011 for Showdown.

On Voltage you have:

Kawajai the fighting EAW Champion defending his championship weekly in great matches against Eddie Mack, Heart Break Boy, Moonlight Predator, Y2Impact and others, you have Chris Hessian and Heart Break Boy ultra blood feud with Hessian vowing to tear down Voltage to the ground with many twists and turns, you have HBG managing to bring Kat to a good Last Woman Standing Match, you have Generation Next and Hades The Hellraiser putting on a lengty feud with many twists and turns, you have Y2Impact and Kawajai feuding, you have Zack Crash and Ren Smyth in a very entertaining feud, you had Diamond Cage and Pyrite in a deeply personal feud. On Voltage, people matter! Shows get done! People want to be on Voltage!

On Showdown you have:

The most illogical storyline ever in the Enterprise, you have Dark Demon being squashed by HASS JOHNSON, you have Colin Kaline feuding with Mr. Insult, you have Captain Charisma as your inactive champion, you have TRE as your inactive champion, you have Dark Demon CRY like a bitch in his victory speech, you completely kill the massively over Johnny Nova by making him heel and thus irrelevant, your Dynasty writer outright admits Showdowns booking sucks, you have the Voltage and Dynasty writer write the show on the day of the show because nobody else will, you have babyfaces burning down heel's houses and attacking their elderly parents, you bring back Starr-Stan to challenge for IW title at PFP even though he's inactive and is probably unaware he returned, you have Chris Hessian make Dark Demons eye BLEED but it's entirely forgotten about forever, you have various people hate the show and want to get off it. You have three people active on said show.

And I already said your scripts were solid until GR when you left soo..

Last edited by Dark Demon on June 3rd 2014, 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 8:02 pm

Lol I forgot how bad things were on Showdown.
Back to top Go down
Ren of Chilltown

Ren of Chilltown

Hailing From : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 7:40 pm

Sorry I didn't respond alongside Demon as I was busy this week and I didn't mean for people to get riled up, and I guess some of the resentment towards Showdown staying is around is because it just sucked so fucking badily when Voltage was closed down, which was doing great as Demon said and because I had been writing Voltage alongside Demon for 5ish months and we had to split up to take on Dynasty and Showdown (which was mainly rebuilt by Scott as I left writing shortly after). Also, don't mean to start things up but comparing Voltage to NXT is probably the weakest comparison eva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 7:46 pm

Splitting up me and Ren was a crime in itself.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 7:49 pm

Who was writing SD and Dynasty, and where did they go?
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 8:01 pm

Chris was writing SD with Fan, Chris left and Fan took over full time.

I was writing Dy and left a few weeks after GR and Banks/backups wrote it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 8:15 pm

Fan was writing Showdown although while he was a suprisingly great and underrated FPV writer, his showdowns were Matt levels and he was leaving eaw after banks stepped down anyway.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 8:25 pm

So whether Dynasty or SD closed, wouldn't the writing staff need to have changed up regardless?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 8:27 pm

No, not at all.

Me/Ren - Voltage
Scott - Dynasty

Scott came back the week of PFP.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 8:29 pm

Then why not make you and Ren write SD as greatly as you did Voltage, and let Scott write Dynasty?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 8:46 pm

I legit have no answer to that question.

Although still, should have kept Voltage, regardless of splitting me and ren up.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 8:49 pm

That's basically how it was, although if I remember correctly. Post PFP it was gonna be Demon writing Dynasty, Ren writing Showdown. Ren was looking for a co-writer and that's when I came back in.
Back to top Go down
Ren of Chilltown

Ren of Chilltown

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 9:08 pm

Writing for SD/Voltage is kinda different. Voltage was Demon's show. He was the best writer the brand had in it's short history (despite it having only 2, and no discredit to Robbie) and he's probably the mainreason why the brand was such a success and why it's so memorable (again, no discredit to Robbie). SD had already been passed around more times than (insert Vixen's name) since MK left/got fired/whatever and their was nothing exciting or fresh about it (until after the draft when Voltage closed as it got the better draft)
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 9:15 pm

These all sound more like roster and writer formation issues than brand issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 9:41 pm

Again as I said, Showdown had alot of issues that I've pointed out already for a good year and a half.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 9:59 pm

Ren of Chilltown wrote:
comparing Voltage to NXT is probably the weakest comparison eva.

Clearly you havent watched NXT lately. Its been superior to Smackdown and Raw 70 percent of the time over the last year and 1/2 or so. Only difference is Voltage was a brand and treated equally as the other shows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 10:06 pm

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about as Voltage was treated as the biggest show in EAW after P4P when throne ended.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 10:20 pm

It got the most love because it was the better show. When I said treated equally i meant it wasnt treated as a developmental show, but as an actual brand. Im comparing Voltage to a developemental show, which is the 3rd tier show in WWE just like Voltage was the 3rd tier show in EAW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 10:36 pm

Except Showdown had already established as third tier a good six months before PFP 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 6th 2014, 11:53 pm

Voltage is better than your brand.

:dave: 
Back to top Go down
Ren of Chilltown

Ren of Chilltown

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 7th 2014, 7:19 pm

I don't think WWE even considers NXT a third tier show, I'd give that to Main Event
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 7th 2014, 11:09 pm

NXT has its own iPPVs for crying out loud. Triple H shows up on NXT more than he does to Smackdown. NXTs talent roster is more loaded. NXT's special shows are more critically acclaimed than WWE's PPVs. NXT's Champion is one of the most athletically gifted people in wrestling period. NXT's Champions almost always have a unique gimmick or look about them. NXT's womens division is better than the main roster division. NXT's the staple to the company in the sense that they literally are the future of the WWE, and if booked right, could do the WWE a ton of favors after the top guys finish. Its considered a home to some of the most over people in the WWE [Shield, Wyatts, etc]. NXT is about to get Kenta, Kevin fucking Steen, and is the gateway to all talented indy wrestlers.

The difference between NXT and Voltage is Voltage was an actual brand and not a stepping stone. I'm COMPLIMENTING Voltage. I'm saying historically [which is usually how you gague certain ranks] it was the 3rd tier brand. ECW was horrible but if it put on the shows NXT did it would be the number 1 show in the WWE product wise, but number 3 rank wise because its the third-most established show. Yall need to quit getting your panties in such a bunch like defensive little girls and stop thinking I insulted the brand just because I said ''3rd tier''. Its writers were Robbie V and Dark Demon ffs, why the fuck would I insult Voltage. Get a fucking grip.

Last edited by Mr. DEDEDE on June 7th 2014, 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 7th 2014, 11:13 pm

Yeah, ur right, keep talkin about shit you werent even around for, voltage the only thing saving eaw but lets compare it to nxt while our pal showdown was walking out and changin results but s discredit letdit everything and act all shit cuz who cares, whatever im done trying to fight this, just like with banks bunch of ppl living in the past afraid of moving into the future.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 EmptyJune 7th 2014, 11:18 pm

:gotya: you dense...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst Of: Brand Edition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next