Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Worst Of: Brand Edition SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Worst Of: Brand Edition SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Worst Of: Brand Edition Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Worst Of: Brand Edition Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Worst Of: Brand Edition Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Worst Of: Brand Edition Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Worst Of: Brand Edition Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Worst Of: Brand Edition Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Worst Of: Brand Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Worst Of: Brand Edition Empty
PostSubject: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 1st 2014, 1:58 pm

What are the most genuinely bad moments of each brand throughout the years?

Showdown:

Voltage:

Dynasty:

Burnout:  :punk:
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 1st 2014, 6:45 pm

Showdown: The whole early of era of main event with Tyler and Kjors getting world title reigns, and BOW catching a book in the crowd after a battle royal to somehow get a title shot.

Voltage: I don't know.

Dynasty: Just the average bad match decisions that can happen I guess, not anything stands out in my mind.

Burnout: Existing
Back to top Go down
Ren of Chilltown

Ren of Chilltown

Hailing From : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 1st 2014, 6:58 pm

Voltage: ending it over Showdown/Dynasty just because they were around longer

Dynasty: idk bro Dynasty's always been solid since I joined

Showdown: the transition from MK to new writers

Turbo: lol

NEO: lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 1st 2014, 7:00 pm

Voltage: ending
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 1st 2014, 7:05 pm

Showdown: MK's booking, The Enterprise was literally the worst stable ever.

Dynasty: The entire Drastik storyline was retarded, KD's booking, Boddah was meh

Voltage: EOE's presence on the show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 1st 2014, 7:41 pm

What was Burnout?
Back to top Go down
Ren of Chilltown

Ren of Chilltown

Hailing From : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 2nd 2014, 5:46 am

Venom wrote:
What was Burnout?

The brand that never was. We don't speak of it around these parts. 

:scared:
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 12:11 pm

Voltage:  Sending me back to Turbo!  I'm sorry, but that decision still makes no sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 12:33 pm

Ren of Chilltown wrote:

I never understood that. So by that logic,  if you booked WWE and they had to take out one of their shows, you'd keep NXT over Raw or Smackdown? Doesnt make sense to me, even if SD was bad, its the longest weekly show in feds history as far as we know, and to throw that away would be   :eww: . Im so glad we kept SD/Dynasty. Now if only we kept the EAW title.  :lifesgood:
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 2:13 pm

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Ren of Chilltown wrote:

I never understood that. So by that logic,  if you booked WWE and they had to take out one of their shows, you'd keep NXT over Raw or Smackdown? Doesnt make sense to me, even if SD was bad, its the longest weekly show in feds history as far as we know, and to throw that away would be   :eww: . Im so glad we kept SD/Dynasty. Now if only we kept the EAW title.  :lifesgood:

You can't compare NXT to Voltage
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 2:30 pm

Though Voltage was no NXT and I quite enjoyed Voltage, I do agree with DDD. Why remove the brands of history? Makes no sense to me. The only reason I even like the AWC being around is because it gives me the chance to one day complete the trifecta of pure world championships since I've already had the EAW Championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 3:14 pm

Yes, because Voltage was exactly like NXT, good job revising history. Lets get rid of the most productive brand because the other two brands were terrible and dragging EAW down instead of the brand ACTUALLY doing something and been that way for a year.

And if this was WWE, They would have gotten rid of the lowest rating brand regardless of ''history'', which certainly wasn't Voltage Smile

And again with keeping the AWC, there comes a point in time when that era or part of history is dead and you have to move on, just like Voltage represented the future but considering the two of you weren't around for the greatness of Voltage, I wouldn't expect you to understand the situation, just like I wouldn't expect Mak or Banks to understand why the old site is dead and why we had to move on.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 4:18 pm

I don't see how a brand or championship can become a dead part of history. It's not like they become stale considering its not like the AWC serves a new purpose or Voltage could serve a different purpose, it's just a matter of moving rosters and putting the championship on a better person.

Moving sites is unrelated, we can't just fix freewebs into having better postings and less bugs. If we could have webs post any length of promos in one part, if webs could add new custom inserted user smilies, have the shitload of functions this site has, and webs didn't go down 23443443 times and freeeze sites, I don't see what the point of a move would have been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 4:30 pm

If Voltage and the AWC serves the same purpose as the rest, please explain to me why its apparently a big deal that the EAW Championship was retired, why its apparently a big deal if Showdown would have gone? If they serve the exact same role it shouldn't matter which brand goes if we're just moving rosters about, history is surely irrelevant than which it clearly is. There hasn't been one good reason as to why the only brand that had a complete active roster, why it had a active writing team and was the only one doing live shows and was the most popular brand had to go in favour of two brands that were dragging EAW down just because of ''history''.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 4:50 pm

Because if two things serve the same purpose, and the old isn't obsolete, the one that is established and serves a longer lineage with the product at hand should obviously have more loyalty towards it.

I don't understand, where did the Voltage staff and roster go when it closed down?

If the Voltage staff were doing better than the Dynasty or SD staff I don't get how it wasn't decided that the Voltage staff would simply take over one of those brands after Voltage was closed down. Were the old Dynasty and SD writers refusing to budge? If so that's the real issue, if you aren't doing as good as someone else can, regardless of age or seniority you should be replaced for the production that is the overall EAW.

Did the voltage roster decide to not show up to shows anymore because they had to switch brands??? Because that's kinda dumb, picking to hurt EAW because things aren't 100 percent what you want, that's like people refusing to join the new site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 5:08 pm

How was Showdown or even Dynasty not obsolete at the time? Showdown was on a decline once HRDO retired, outside of like one good month under Hawk's writing, Showdown got to the point where me and Scott ( The Voltage and Dynasty writers ) were having to write the damn thing. Showdown served absolutely no point at all compared to Voltage and even Dynasty, despite how downhill that went. Why show loyalty to a brand that nobody wants in favour of a brand that everybody wanted, on what planet does that logic even begin to make sense?

At least in Dynasty's favor, for as mediocre as POP's Dynasty's were, they were consistent and atleast Scott was writing solid scripts up to the Grand Rampage, Showdown didn't even have that and who was even really active on Showdown anyway, Me, Colin and Johnny Nova? This is a brand with probably three active promoers, a brand that constantly goes through writers ( and generally terrible ones at that from P4P to PFP 5 ) and it's credibility that has gone to the tank with Turbo, with nothing redeeming going for it.

Voltage on the other hand is the only thing that brings any positivity to EAW during a depression period, is widely popular and a brand people actually want to go too and actually enjoy and has always been that way since it began with Robbie writing it. Even when Voltage did have a terrible down period with two people active, it didn't actually last long and was quickly fixed whereas the other two brands allowed it to go on and go on and go on. Even using the ''WWE'' logic, if NXT makes Vince McMahon more money, brings WWE the only good press and the only thing people watch and nobody watches Raw or Smackdown, you're lying to yourself if Vince McMahon is going to axe his only drawing show in favor of ''history''.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 5:17 pm

Because, a world championship and a brand can't go obsolete before the people do. It's the people that need to be changed and replaced.

I disagree with you with this whole Vince thing. When Cena began becoming ready to be the face of the WWE what did Vince do? He got him drafted to Raw. If NXT began to have the star power and storylines to do what you claim, he'd gradually shift them all over to RAW. You seem to be under the impression WWE would allow anything to become bigger than Raw, let alone for long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 5:30 pm

He drafted Cena to RAW because RAW was already drawing the bigger numbers and Cena infact would get more exposure and help WWE draw more, I'm not sure what that has to do with Voltage.

Are you seriously telling me that if, hypothetically, NXT would eventually become bigger than RAW in ratings, star-power and any other way you want to measure the best brand in a company and that RAW and Smackdown had very little star-power, PPVs doing terrible ( Reasonable Doubt 2012 needs no explaining and Scott himself will tell you Reckless Wiring that year had a terrible crowd ) whereas the ''NXT'' brand puts on a show widely well received show with a great crowd that in WWE terms, would draw faaarrrrrr more money for Mr. Vince, that he wouldn't want to keep his money-drawing show in favor of two non drawing shows that are only giving him bad press because of ''history''?
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 6:13 pm

I doubt we'll come to any terms of agreement when it comes to this because we both have different views on what is unrealistic. You seem to think it's unrealistic that Vince would close down NXT if it became bigger than raw.

I find it unrealistic that Vince wouldn't have all the things that make NXT bigger than RAW be moved to RAW, WWE's favourite and long standing baby. The whole point of the system is to at the end of the day augment RAW. Everyone on NXT is being trained purely so that one day they can be big on RAW. The point of Smackdown was to provide an alternate roster to fit the large WWE roster and still make money until talents could be raised for RAW. The reason Smackdown even received the number 2, 3 or even 4 guy was so that it could have enough star power to watch and have wrestlers grow there by gaining a fanbase. The number one guy is never gone from RAW for long, because WWE wants RAW as the flagship, they will never allow anything to take its place.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 6:33 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
How was Showdown or even Dynasty not obsolete at the time? Showdown was on a decline once HRDO retired, outside of like one good month under Hawk's writing,

:punk: 
 :eww: 
 :comeon: 

Take your pick.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 6:37 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Yes, because Voltage was exactly like NXT, good job revising history. Lets get rid of the most productive brand because the other two brands were terrible and dragging EAW down instead of the brand ACTUALLY doing something and been that way for a year.

And if this was WWE, They would have gotten rid of the lowest rating brand regardless of ''history'', which certainly wasn't Voltage Smile

And again with keeping the AWC, there comes a point in time when that era or part of history is dead and you have to move on, just like Voltage represented the future but considering the two of you weren't around for the greatness of Voltage, I wouldn't expect you to understand the situation, just like I wouldn't expect Mak or Banks to understand why the old site is dead and why we had to move on.

No one revised history :s, NXT is the third tier show, as was Voltage. NXTs shit chunks all over Raw and SD for a while, but if one of the shows had to go theyd just take whatever was great about NXT and move it to Raw or SD at best case scenario. So im glad we did that with SD/Dy. 

The only thing that matters about ''brand loyalty'' is the history behind it, kind of like how Raw/SD matter more than NXT because theyre established shows with ratings. Historical factor to efeds is just about as valuable as ratings are to irl. So with that case, wiping out the longest running show in feds history when the resources are in the fed to fix it wouldve been a horrible idea. A portion of EAW's mystique comes from its longevity, im sure that cant be argued against. So the same case goes with the EAW title being taken out despite it being the company title, but i wont completely bury that decision because the way it was taken out was a well done plot.

Last edited by Mr. DEDEDE on June 3rd 2014, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 6:42 pm

I wouldn't call it a third tier show, but Voltage was just the odd man out due one brand needing to be cut and it happened to be the youngest show by a wide margin. We can keep going back and forth about the details of if it should have happened or not, but the fact is that Showdown and Dynasty were here first, though that begs the question of why the Answers World Championship was chosen over the EAW Championship, but I'm guessing Ronn didn't want Voltage's legacy to die entirely. If Voltage was retired, its talent of both writer(s) and extremists should have allowed Showdown and Dynasty to benefit and all should have been well with the World. If that happened, I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 6:46 pm

Well yeah, ''third tier'' is subjective. the IC title was 2nd tier to the WWF title but what made the IC title special was because the better athletes would be put to that scene and put on great matches to make it prestigious. Voltage got the hook up for a while with a lot of talented people being drafted to it and was treated as equally as the other brands, but from a historical standpoint it is third tier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 6:51 pm

The brand that was EAW's best and biggest brand in every imaginable way for a good year is apparently ''third tier'' compared to two dying brands that were in a worse state than the majority of Turbos.

lol okay.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition EmptyJune 3rd 2014, 7:47 pm

This probably sounds retarded, I can see both sides, but I kind of disagree with Demon. Showdown was in a pretty bad state from October 2011 until the time Hessian took over, and then while he made some questionable booking decisions, he made decently solid scripts. While on Dynasty, my scripts weren't as good as Demon's, but they were still as Demon said, solid. There was a four month period at the beginning of 2012 where all 3 brands were running pretty smoothly.

Then Chris quit, and I left... that fucked things up badly. Fan was writing Showdown on his own and a bunch of backups/Banks were writing Dynasty. I liked Fan's work, and even Banks', but they certainly weren't writers capable of writing full scripts. 

When Voltage was actually chopped, it was far and away the best brand due to the other two just undergoing major shake-ups. However, I don't know if the gap between the 3 was all that severe in the months leading up to it, with the exception of the fall of 2011 for Showdown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Of: Brand Edition   Worst Of: Brand Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst Of: Brand Edition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-