Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Anime Thread - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Anime Thread - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Anime Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Anime Thread - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Anime Thread - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Anime Thread - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Anime Thread - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Anime Thread - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Anime Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

Anime Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 1st 2014, 6:55 am

Cyfy wrote:
King Amazing wrote:
Loved Attack on Titans (can't wait for season 2!) and also finishing Psycho Pass. Any anime recommendations guys? I'm willing to watch most genre at this point, trying to give all of them a taste.
Watch Kaiji pal
I searched it up and it definitely looks like something that's worth a watch, thanks bud.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 1st 2014, 12:25 pm

I've been watching Kaiji for a few days now, and I'm on episode 11 now. Every time Kaiji opens his mouth or laughs, I can't help but think of Tokuchi Toua because they have the same seiyuu. That said, while the anime are somewhat similar, Kaiji is kind of an antithesis to Tokuchi. The former is much more weak-willed and easier for normal people to relate to, while the latter is even-tempered and only makes deliberate mistakes as a means to an end. They're both excellent critical thinkers, Tokuchi more so because nobody matches him, but Kaiji's decisions when pressured grab your attention. All in all, a very interesting anime that makes me the ponder the realities of complacency in everyday life and the lengths men will go to escape from stagnation. Would recommend.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 1st 2014, 1:00 pm

I finished Darker Than Black for quite sometime and I finished both season and I think the anime as a whole was pretty good from start to finished and I heard that Season Two ruined the series but in my opinion I think it was pretty great. I give this a 8/10 .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 1:33 am

The Black Reaper wrote:
I finished Darker Than Black for quite sometime and I finished both season and I think the anime as a whole was pretty good from start to finished and I heard that Season Two ruined the series but in my opinion I think it was pretty great. I give this a 8/10 .
I don't think it ruined the series, but I thought it was pretty meh. First Season was great though.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 4:15 am

Akame ga Kill la Kill is so fucking intense and unexpected, I think I'm sensing 2014's Anime of the Year in its early stages. That first episode and the twist ending has still gotten to me...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 3:34 pm

Fairy Tails, mmm sexy, love dat ish yo

Last edited by Riley DeWitt on July 7th 2014, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 4:12 pm

I was going to wait until slowpoke RoV would tell me about it since I didn't want to bother expanding from my six animes until I was told it was worth it, but since Ga kill had so much hype I watched it. It was great, but 2014 anime of the year GI? IDK man, Tokyo Ghoul I think will be it this summer, maybe even Zero and No Terror.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2014, 4:35 pm

Jaywalker wrote:
I was going to wait until slowpoke RoV would tell me about it since I didn't want to bother expanding from my six animes until I was told it was worth it, but since Ga kill had so much hype I watched it. It was great, but 2014 anime of the year GI? IDK man, Tokyo Ghoul I think will be it this summer, maybe even Zero and No Terror.

I would say YOU are the slowpoke, sir, for not just looking up the synopsis on MAL. I didn't even know the plot myself prior to watching the first episode.

Anywho, so far the best first episode goes to Barakamon with Aldnoah.Zero in second and Tokyo Ghoul slightly ahead of Akame ga Kill. In my opinion, of course.

P.S. I will post my Spring Season Reaction sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 8th 2014, 10:13 am

Jaywalker wrote:

I completely fell into the hype train, despite knowing very little about it coming in. Tokyo Ghoul and No Terror were both on my watch-lists, but I didn't hear any overwhelming praise for them, so I just went back to watching Season 2 of Higurashi, while waiting for Persona 4 Golden to debut next week.

Sub-Notes; Higurashi When They Cry was very, very legit, but very, very confusing, but Season 2 (Higurashi No Naku Koro ni Kai, which never got dubbed and probably never will) is supposed to clear everything up.

Persona 4 meanwhile was merely alright, and kind of had a dumb ending, but for some reason I found it completely addictive and finished all 25 episodes in like 3 days. I hope they fix their issues with the help of retrospect, but the main change is they are ADDING a new character, and the pacing of the final fight was the worst thing about it...And the pacing of all the fights in general. And the explanation of how the new personas were earned. God, there was a lot wrong with that anime. How the fuck did I like it so much?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 8th 2014, 5:09 pm

So am I to believe that no one else watches Fairy Tail?
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 9th 2014, 5:03 am

Riley DeWitt wrote:
So am I to believe that no one else watches Fairy Tail?

I read the manga, so I have no idea where the anime is at the moment...Last I checked, it was during the...I want to say the end of the Fighting Festival Arc, but that could be another Shonnen I'm thinking of. All I know is that the Book of Zeref Arc is legit as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 7:52 am

I'm going to start watching Hunter X Hunter (2011) soon. I know some people here have watched it, is there anything I should know or read before doing so?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 5:13 pm

Devan Dubian wrote:
I'm going to start watching Hunter X Hunter (2011) soon. I know some people here have watched it, is there anything I should know or read before doing so?
No. They explain everything better and more in detail than in original old series
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 5:57 pm

Devan Dubian wrote:
Just have fun and watch at your own pace. It was an easy anime for me to catch up to on crunchyroll because of how exciting each episode was.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 7:02 pm

Alright guys, will do and hoping it's good.  Cool
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 7:11 pm

Devan Dubian wrote:

There is one thing you should be given fair warning to and that is that Yoshihiro Togashi, the mangaka of Hunter x Hunter (And Level E and Yu Yu Hakusho) is not the quickest mangaka around. What does this mean? Well, there's a chance the anime could soon catch up to the manga and run out of source material since Togashi frequently takes long hiatuses (his latest hiatus was two years long and he didn't get back to HxH until last month). What does this mean exactly? Who knows. Perhaps Togashi will keep going this time until the series is finally over or he'll take yet another hiatus and we'll run out of source material and either the anime will continue on its own with its own material, it'll completely stop, or it'll take a break and wait on Togashi. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 7:13 pm

Just watched episode 2 of Tokyo Ghoul, and immediately disqualified it in being my personal AotS (Anime of the Season).

Fuck censoring, some parts are like I'm watching the show with my hand covering my eyes.   :snoop:
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 7:37 pm

Alright, I suppose I SHOULD also state that regardless of the censoring, I still enjoyed the episode.

Dat OP though  :noah: 

For anyone who wants to check it out: http://a.pomf.se/mxgfvj.webm

Also, Zankyou no Terror = As epic as I knew it would be. Only 11 eps though..   :cryshow:
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 7:43 pm

Do any of you know FOR SURE if theyre releasing a movie/movie series for The Black Swordsman arc for Berserk?
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 7:56 pm

Robbie V wrote:
Devan Dubian wrote:

There is one thing you should be given fair warning to and that is that Yoshihiro Togashi, the mangaka of Hunter x Hunter (And Level E and Yu Yu Hakusho) is not the quickest mangaka around. What does this mean? Well, there's a chance the anime could soon catch up to the manga and run out of source material since Togashi frequently takes long hiatuses (his latest hiatus was two years long and he didn't get back to HxH until last month). What does this mean exactly? Who knows. Perhaps Togashi will keep going this time until the series is finally over or he'll take yet another hiatus and we'll run out of source material and either the anime will continue on its own with its own material, it'll completely stop, or it'll take a break and wait on Togashi. Who knows.
He's the George RR Martin of Mangas?  :hmm: 

Haha but I'm only starting and as I see it, I have a lot of catching up to do so there's time before I even have to worry about that but thanks for the heads up.  
:bolieve:
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 8:13 pm

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Do any of you know FOR SURE if theyre releasing a movie/movie series for The Black Swordsman arc for Berserk?

Apparently they will continue on with this new Berserk project for quite a while, but I'm not sure myself of what format it'll be in or where it'll go next. I haven't heard anything about what arc could be next, but I've heard some people say it could be in the form of OVAs (similar to Hellsing Ultimate) and others state that it's already been confirmed that they're just going to do a 4th movie.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 11th 2014, 12:23 am

SPRING ANIME REACTIONS

RANKING (Best to Worst):

1. Ping Pong The Animation
2. No Game No Life
3. Mushi-Shi Zoku Shou
4. Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
5. Isshuukan Friends
6. Mangaka-San to Assistant-San to The Animation
7. Sidonia no Kishi
8. Selector Infected WIXOSS
9. Mekakucity Actors
10. Black Bullet

Best OP - No Game No Life

Best ED - Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Best Animation - No Game No Life

Best Soundtrack - Ping Pong The Animation

Best Story - No Game No Life

Best Characters - Ping Pong The Animation

Best Newcomer Anime - Ping Pong The Animation

Best Returning Anime - Mushi-Shi Zoku Shou (By default, but still great)

Worst Overall Anime - Black Bullet

Best Overall Anime - Ping Pong The Animation
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 11th 2014, 1:13 am

Robbie V wrote:
SPRING ANIME REACTIONS

RANKING (Best to Worst):

1. Ping Pong The Animation
2. No Game No Life
3. Mushi-Shi Zoku Shou
4. Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
5. Isshuukan Friends
6. Mangaka-San to Assistant-San to The Animation
7. Sidonia no Kishi
8. Selector Infected WIXOSS
9. Mekakucity Actors
10. Black Bullet

Best OP - No Game No Life

Best ED - Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Best Animation - No Game No Life

Best Soundtrack - Ping Pong The Animation

Best Story - No Game No Life

Best Characters - Ping Pong The Animation

Best Newcomer Anime - Ping Pong The Animation

Best Returning Anime - Mushi-Shi Zoku Shou (By default, but still great)

Worst Overall Anime - Black Bullet

Best Overall Anime - Ping Pong The Animation

Aren't those last two categories a bit redundant? ESPECIALLY the last one  :perfect:
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 11th 2014, 3:06 am

Summer anime seen so far:

- Akame ga Kill
- Barakamon
- Aldnoah.zero
- Tokyo Ghoul

Rank based on first episodes:

1. Akame ga kill - This is my type of anime. Has lots of potential. Let's see where they take it.
2. Barakamon - A very cool anime with a light tone.
3. Tokyo Ghoul 
4. Aldnoah.Zero 

Will either pick up on a few more anime this season, or just watch some other ones to complete. 

I'm also watching Cowboy Bebop (13 episodes, halfway through) the series. Great soundtrack. Great main character. Excellent voice-acting (Steve Blum!). 

Hunter x Hunter's new arc is already off to a great start. I'm glad the chimera ant arc is over and I get to see characters, such as Hisoka and Illumi, that I've been wanting to see for a while. We finally saw what they were talking about with Ging in episode 137. Very intelligent and cool dude. I had a feeling we were gonna see the other Zoldyck brother, and I think he may have something to do with helping Gon recover. Leorio and Kurapika were in the opening/endings as well, so I'm really excited for the election arc.

P.S. Kuroko no Basket season 3 is in 2015. Look out for that. Greatest sports anime and one of the best anime in the world.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 EmptyJuly 11th 2014, 3:19 am

I saw the censoring in Tokyo Ghoul and while I understand the frustration since it was kind of amusing when they made the screen change colours like that, I didn't really bother me since I'm not really a gore hound. It coulda been worse, at least they didn't black it out or make if off screen like other animes.

Hoping Tokyo ESP doesn't let met down like Black Bullet when it starts tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Thread   Anime Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next