Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:37 am

I don't think we can compare Lucha Underground to EAW or any other company.

Sure WWE has the Undertaker, Kane and Bray Wyatt, just like EAW has Diemos, Hades and etc. But it's quasi non confirmed if these superpowers are real or not no matter what kind of strange stunts are pulled, many a times wrestlers-especially Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar- on WWE tv claim that Taker is using mind games or "is just a man", and we in EAW do pretty much the same thing.

In Lucha Underground there is no grey area, it not speculation, in their world many of these people in LU are in fact supernatural, mythical creatures and there's even stuff about ancestors giving power to items. That's why people can get away with murder, its a complete fantasy. Plus, unlike WWE segments LU acts like the segments that we the fans see are untapped and are never mentioned by the commentators to actually have been seen by them, so in LU world its not like the police would be privy to the murders and how it was done because no cameras in canon were there.

Plus, the whole shooting thing didn't fit EAW period. It's not like we had mafia like environment or anything, it was just so out of place.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:39 am

J Dynasty wrote:

Sure WWE has the Undertaker, Kane and Bray Wyatt, just like EAW has Diemos, Hades and etc. But it's quasi non confirmed if these superpowers are real or not no matter what kind of strange stunts are pulled, many a times wrestlers-especially Chris Jericho and Brock Lesnar- on WWE tv claim that Taker is using mind games or "is just a man", and we in EAW do pretty much the same thing.

In Lucha Underground there is no grey area, it not speculation, in their world many of these people in LU are in fact supernatural, mythical creatures and there's even stuff about ancestors giving power to items. That's why people can get away with murder, its a complete fantasy. Plus, unlike WWE segments LU acts like the segments that we the fans see are untapped and are never mentioned by the commentators to actually have been seen by them, so in LU world its not like the police would be privy to the murders and how it was done because no cameras in canon were there.

Plus, the whole shooting thing didn't fit EAW period. It's not like we had mafia like environment or anything, it was just so out of place.
100% agreed
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:41 am

I won't defend the shooting thing, it was bizarre, but wrestling is fake. It's not real. It's a TV show based around the skill of the performers. WWE has had things just as weird as the Chainstein shooting. WWE's had corpses be fucked, they've had people be drowned with cement, pushed into pits of flames, hit by cars, balls electrocuted. That's wrestling. EAW was clearly a super-extreme fed at the time, so it wasn't that far off. I'm just saying, I'd rather not be a stickler about realism in fake wrestling, especially online fake wrestling, unless there's no feasable way that something could be faked in an irl interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:42 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
I won't defend the shooting thing, it was bizarre, but wrestling is fake. It's not real. It's a TV show based around the skill of the performers. WWE has had things just as weird as the Chainstein shooting. WWE's had corpses be fucked, they've had people be drowned with cement, pushed into pits of flames, hit by cars, balls electrocuted. That's wrestling. EAW was clearly a super-extreme fed at the time, so it wasn't that far off. I'm just saying, I'd rather not be a stickler about realism in fake wrestling, especially online fake wrestling, unless there's no feasable way that something could be faked in an irl interpretation.
I think what you can do to make this all better is to reverse your win at that event and post an apology thread saying that you didn't deserve to win
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:44 am

Drastik wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
I think what you can do to make this all better is to reverse your win at that event and post an apology thread saying that you didn't deserve to win
Are we going to retroactively vacate Mr. DEDEDE's win at the inaugural Reckless Wiring, too?

:jericho:
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:45 am

J Dynasty wrote:

You'd be better off flat out saying you don't want to admit Lucha Underground is unrealistic, and if WWE did half the stuff LU does, people would shit on it. You can't pre-assign standards of realism for one wrestling show when all pro wrestling shows are TV shows about wrestling, and the creative directions they take are solely up to them. That's an inconsistent argument and a sign of refusal to bend your standards for one thing and willingness to bend for another. Even I'm guilty of it. I'm guilty of ridiculing a character like Kane magically healing from injuries, yet accepting Mil Muertes coming back from the dead, Matanza killing people, and anticipating what happens next. But when it gets to a place like e-feds, that's when it becomes try hardish and snobby.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:49 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
J Dynasty wrote:

You'd be better off flat out saying you don't want to admit Lucha Underground is unrealistic, and if WWE did half the stuff LU does, people would shit on it. You can't pre-assign standards of realism for one wrestling show when all pro wrestling shows are TV shows about wrestling, and the creative directions they take are solely up to them. That's an inconsistent argument and a sign of refusal to bend your standards for one thing and willingness to bend for another. Even I'm guilty of it. I'm guilty of ridiculing a character like Kane magically healing from injuries, yet accepting Mil Muertes coming back from the dead, Matanza killing people, and anticipating what happens next. But when it gets to a place like e-feds, that's when it becomes try hardish and snobby.
If a wrestling show sets a precedent that they are leaning toward the fantastical, they set their limits as such and are then believably entitled to go into that fantastical realm.

If a wrestling show sets a precedent that they are leaning toward the real world, they set their limits as such and are then believably entitled to go as far as the real world would, but not into the fantastical realm.

If a wrestling show switches back and forth at random, or randomly interjects something fantastical when they are already established as based in reality, then it appears stupid. There are few exceptions to this.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:51 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
J Dynasty wrote:

I don't think you catch my drift though, because you think I don't want to admit LU isn't realistic. Of course I can admit LU is unrealistic, that's my entire point, LU has built the company as if it's in a fantasy and all this magic stuff is true, LU doesn't pretend to be reality, it might as well be a live action supernatural show, no in fact it IS that. WWE and EAW pretend to actually be grounded in realism to a degree.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:53 am

Drastik wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
J Dynasty wrote:

If a wrestling show sets a precedent that they are leaning toward the fantastical, they set their limits as such and are then believably entitled to go into that fantastical realm.

If a wrestling show sets a precedent that they are leaning toward the real world, they set their limits as such and are then believably entitled to go as far as the real world would, but not into the fantastical realm.

If a wrestling show switches back and forth at random, or randomly interjects something fantastical when they are already established as based in reality, then it appears stupid. There are few exceptions to this.

I can get with that, but I really do think those boundaries are subjective. WWE in the Attitude/RA era, for instance, was far more wishy washy about the type of product they're putting on than today's lesser quality era. One moment guys like Angle/Lesnar were putting on clinics, the next HHH is fucking a dead corpse. But I think it's a personal preference thing as far as where the lines are drawn, mine just happen to be, e-fed wise, if it can be faked IRL, with some exceptions. Definitely not going to try to argue more for the case of an elevator fall or a shooting.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:55 am

J Dynasty wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
J Dynasty wrote:

I don't think you catch my drift though, because you think I don't want to admit LU isn't realistic. Of course I can admit LU is unrealistic, that's my entire point, LU has built the company as if it's in a fantasy and all this magic stuff is true, LU doesn't pretend to be reality, it might as well be a live action supernatural show, no in fact it IS that. WWE and EAW pretend to actually be grounded in realism to a degree.

I see what you're saying, I'm sure neither of those would happen today on most circumstances anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2