Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? Empty
PostSubject: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptySeptember 13th 2014, 2:38 pm

EAW's had many over-the-top moments, what is one thing that stood out to you that you just couldn't believe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptySeptember 13th 2014, 2:46 pm

everything in DDD vs Imp
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptySeptember 13th 2014, 4:07 pm

:thisguy:
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptySeptember 13th 2014, 4:56 pm

Every DDD match  :lupe:
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptySeptember 13th 2014, 7:37 pm

Most things. :lupe:
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyApril 29th 2015, 3:03 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
everything in DDD vs Imp
Singularly greatest match in EAW history and was the real PFP 6 headliner. I can see why one would shake their head in awe of its sheer brilliance, thereby making everything in comparison irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyApril 29th 2015, 3:05 pm

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
:thisguy:
Never listen to these wonderbread motherfuckers.

Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyApril 29th 2015, 5:29 pm

Me trolling around at the Grand Rampage last year :comeon:
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyApril 29th 2015, 5:34 pm

Ryan Savage wrote:

If you weren't my tag partner id bury you
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyApril 30th 2015, 9:55 am

The failed feud opportunity between me and Scott Diamond.  While I admit part of that might have been on me, I still don't get why that didn't end up going anywhere.

Also, because I can't let the staff EVER forget this...the fact that I was sent back to Turbo!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyApril 30th 2015, 10:43 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Ryan Savage wrote:

If you weren't my tag partner id bury you
:whew:
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyApril 30th 2015, 12:34 pm

Tarah Nova beating Tyler Parker.... it's more unbelievable than Kerry Keller beat Scott Diamond.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyApril 30th 2015, 1:02 pm

In script at least, just seeing someone in using a Rey Misterio pic base Gorilla-Press slamming a 300 pound plus wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tyler Parker

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMay 1st 2015, 5:06 pm

坂崎ハルナ wrote:
Tarah Nova beating Tyler Parker.... it's more unbelievable than Kerry Keller beat Scott Diamond.

This

Last edited by Tyler Parker on August 19th 2017, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 2:41 am

When Mr. DEDEDE got crushed by a fallen elevator, somehow survived, came out to compete in a sanctioned match against future Hall of Famer, Y2Impact, win clean, then face future Hall of Famer, The Rated R Shaman of Sexy for the World Heavyweight Championship, and win clean again to become champion. Holy yikes.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 2:46 am

Drastik wrote:
When Mr. DEDEDE got crushed by a fallen elevator, somehow survived, came out to compete in a sanctioned match against future Hall of Famer, Y2Impact, win clean, then face future Hall of Famer, The Rated R Shaman of Sexy for the World Heavyweight Championship, and win clean again to become champion. Holy yikes.

Get. 

Rekt.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 2:48 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Drastik wrote:

Get. 

Rekt.
:pepe: :pepe: :pepe:
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 2:52 am

Drake Jaeger not being unconscious for the entirety of the Warfare Match. I mean I'm ok with Hexa-Gun winning, but at least have Jaeger still out unconscious and TJ helping him at ringside or something.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 2:54 am

This thread is stupid anyway. "Realism" is mostly subjective unless its shit like people getting shot or some shit. We stan for Lucha Underground that kills people but wanna nitpick realism on a fantasy wrestling site. There are people who think pro wrestling submissions lasting longer than 8 seconds is unrealistic bullshit. This e-snob shit is so overdone son.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 2:59 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
This thread is stupid anyway. "Realism" is mostly subjective unless its shit like people getting shot or some shit. We stan for Lucha Underground that kills people but wanna nitpick realism on a fantasy wrestling site. There are people who think pro wrestling submissions lasting longer than 8 seconds is unrealistic bullshit. This e-snob shit is so overdone son.
I think that each company/organization/promotion can be as wildly fantastical or realistic as they want to be, but they have to commit to that standard as much as possible. If you want a promotion to shift from more realistic to more fantastical, the shift has to be slow. I got the impression that EAW liked to keep some amount of realism, so I just think that nearly dying and being able to win back to back huge matches seems a little hard to believe. If EAW was giving people super powers from the get-go, maybe I'd believe it a little more
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:03 am

Drastik wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
I think that each company/organization/promotion can be as wildly fantastical or realistic as they want to be, but they have to commit to that standard as much as possible. If you want a promotion to shift from more realistic to more fantastical, the shift has to be slow. I got the impression that EAW liked to keep some amount of realism, so I just think that nearly dying and being able to win back to back huge matches seems a little hard to believe. If EAW was giving people super powers from the get-go, maybe I'd believe it a little more

It is hard to believe and I wouldn't have booked it if I could go back, but at the time EAW was way more violent, weapons were in almost every match, and the standard of extreme was way crazier to the point Jay could go through five tables and still be the best man at your wedding 20 minutes later. So it was consistent as opposed to if it were to happen now, in a less extreme, more realistic EAW.

And pretty much every wrestler has super powers lol. For example, how else does a piledriver not give you a concussion or snap your neck, if it's really being hit with real force.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:13 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Drastik wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:

It is hard to believe and I wouldn't have booked it if I could go back, but at the time EAW was way more violent, weapons were in almost every match, and the standard of extreme was way crazier to the point Jay could go through five tables and still be the best man at your wedding 20 minutes later. So it was consistent as opposed to if it were to happen now, in a less extreme, more realistic EAW.

And pretty much every wrestler has super powers lol. For example, how else does a piledriver not give you a concussion or snap your neck, if it's really being hit with real force.
Fair. I think we could go to Pain for Pride (2008) just to see how ridiculous some of the in-script stuff would be (Chainstein vs Cuck U. Fena where the match ended after one person shot the other three times). Even then, I wasn't big on the booking decision just because it made Imp and me look incredibly weak, especially after already feuding with each other for the world championship previously. It's one thing if two guys start out the match able-bodied and the match ends after some crazy spots that seem like enough to actually kill someone. It's another if only one guy endures that and still wins.

No one wants to see wrestling as strictly real because it'd probably be incredibly boring to watch. Of course a piledriver would probably give someone a concussion or break their neck, and honestly it seems pretty much impossible to even set up a move like a piledriver in an actual fight. That's something that falls under the realm of "accepted reality" in pretty much all wrestling promotions. You see a little more variety in weapon shots. In one promotion, a chair shot to the skull could end a match, while in another, it might just make a wrestler groggy for awhile. When I say "super powers", I mean stuff that would undoubtedly never be able to happen to a person without serious repercussions. For example, if an elevator fell on you in real life, you would undoubtedly be dead. If you had a piledriver somehow hit on you in real life, you would probably have a pretty decent shot of staying alive. Different levels here.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:22 am

So did the elevator hit DDD or not? For some reason I remember it connecting, but he always claims it missed and he only fell down the shaft or something, my memory is blurry since it was way back when.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:23 am

Drastik wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Drastik wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:

Fair. I think we could go to Pain for Pride (2008) just to see how ridiculous some of the in-script stuff would be (Chainstein vs Cuck U. Fena where the match ended after one person shot the other three times). Even then, I wasn't big on the booking decision just because it made Imp and me look incredibly weak, especially after already feuding with each other for the world championship previously. It's one thing if two guys start out the match able-bodied and the match ends after some crazy spots that seem like enough to actually kill someone. It's another if only one guy endures that and still wins.

No one wants to see wrestling as strictly real because it'd probably be incredibly boring to watch. Of course a piledriver would probably give someone a concussion or break their neck, and honestly it seems pretty much impossible to even set up a move like a piledriver in an actual fight. That's something that falls under the realm of "accepted reality" in pretty much all wrestling promotions. You see a little more variety in weapon shots. In one promotion, a chair shot to the skull could end a match, while in another, it might just make a wrestler groggy for awhile. When I say "super powers", I mean stuff that would undoubtedly never be able to happen to a person without serious repercussions. For example, if an elevator fell on you in real life, you would undoubtedly be dead. If you had a piledriver somehow hit on you in real life, you would probably have a pretty decent shot of staying alive. Different levels here.

I guess that's a subjective way to look at it, as far as "super powers" go. At the end of the day you have to suspend disbelief in wrestling unless it's something like "IMPACT PULLS OUT A KNIFE AND STABS DEDEDE IN THE HEAD!!! BAH GAWD!" which obviously can't be faked if it's happening in front of a live crowd, or even in a pre-taped seg that's way too far.

The Fena/Chainstein shooting thing is another thing that's pretty far, but even that to me is Matanza killing Dragon Azteca level because it's something that can be pre-taped and faked, but it is still pretty far, though unfair to be selective of one and approve of the either when both are fake wrestling shows. If anything there's no explanation for why Matanza can kill someone on national TV and not be in penitentiary, yet after the fena/chainstein stuff neither characters were ever seen or used again, leaving you to conclude what you want from that. In a realistic sense, there should be repercussion for every time someone is assaulted outside of a match realistically, but sometimes wrestling fans tend to nit pick on what's "realistic" and whats "not" when none of it is realistic.

My criteria for e-fed realism is if it can be faked irl, and me falling down an elevator shaft I put on the same exact level as Hogan hitting the Ambulance Rock is in with a fucking truck repeatedly to the point of nearly crushing it, just for Rock to beat Hogan at mania with not a scratch on him at Wrestlemania less than two weeks later when realistically he should be dead. If this happened in EAW, people would selectively bitch about how Rock "buried" Hogans legacy, but we choose not to let it bother us for WWE because we know wrestling's fake. I definitely see where you're coming from from a booking aspect though. Like I said, I'd probably have gone a different route going back, with more thought behind protecting your characters, and I guess the foresight of knowing people will be selectively nitpicky about me falling down an elevator shaft.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 3:34 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Drastik wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Drastik wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:

I guess that's a subjective way to look at it, as far as "super powers" go. At the end of the day you have to suspend disbelief in wrestling unless it's something like "IMPACT PULLS OUT A KNIFE AND STABS DEDEDE IN THE HEAD!!! BAH GAWD!" which obviously can't be faked if it's happening in front of a live crowd, or even in a pre-taped seg that's way too far.

The Fena/Chainstein shooting thing is another thing that's pretty far, but even that to me is Matanza killing Dragon Azteca level because it's something that can be pre-taped and faked, but it is still pretty far, though unfair to be selective of one and approve of the either when both are fake wrestling shows. If anything there's no explanation for why Matanza can kill someone on national TV and not be in penitentiary, yet after the fena/chainstein stuff neither characters were ever seen or used again, leaving you to conclude what you want from that. In a realistic sense, there should be repercussion for every time someone is assaulted outside of a match realistically, but sometimes wrestling fans tend to nit pick on what's "realistic" and whats "not" when none of it is realistic.

My criteria for e-fed realism is if it can be faked irl, and me falling down an elevator shaft I put on the same exact level as Hogan hitting the Ambulance Rock is in with a fucking truck repeatedly to the point of nearly crushing it, just for Rock to beat Hogan at mania with not a scratch on him at Wrestlemania less than two weeks later when realistically he should be dead. If this happened in EAW, people would selectively bitch about how Rock "buried" Hogans legacy, but we choose not to let it bother us for WWE because we know wrestling's fake. I definitely see where you're coming from from a booking aspect though. Like I said, I'd probably have gone a different route going back, with more thought behind protecting your characters, and I guess the foresight of knowing people will be selectively nitpicky about me falling down an elevator shaft.
I get that. I agree that the elevator thing could have been faked. I don't think you could possibly put the Matanza thing on par with the Chainstein/Fena shooting though. With the Matanza thing, at least Lucha Underground said from the get-go that there were going to be some relatively whacky things going on. We were told of there being gods in the "temple". Dario continually talked about how "the gods will not be pleased". Various other characters talked about a dark history of murders and stuff. There seemed to be nothing like that at all going on in EAW. It was more done for a shock factor, and although we were all young and willing to react to anything, that was a little much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?   Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head? Empty

Back to top Go down

Something in an EAW script that made you shake your head?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next