Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Mexican Samurai
Dynasty
Dynasty
The Mexican Samurai

Hailing From : San Jose, California

Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. Empty
PostSubject: Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends.   Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. EmptyApril 18th 2016, 4:50 am

I'm making a dance poster for an upcoming concert at my school and I have an idea of a dancer "blossoming" as she reaches up into space.

This is what I've designed so far using samples and such. I feel like there is something missing though, I don't know what. Please excuse the text, I just added to show my teacher a rough draft.

Any feedback would be appreciated to make the image more full or alive.

Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. Katie10
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends.   Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. EmptyApril 18th 2016, 9:49 am

Personally, I love how it looks, but I feel like it could use something extra around the edges. Possibly some smaller flowers or lines as a border? I'm not a graphic designer, though. 

Either way, it looks really good, my man! Kudos!
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends.   Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. EmptyApril 18th 2016, 10:52 am

The piece is a little bit unbalance due to the negative space toward the bottom. I'd either put some sort of text at the bottom or simply split up the text so that it says "Senior Portfolio" on top and "Concert" on the bottom. You could also try resizing the render of the dancer as well as the design so that the negative space is filled. This might be a personal preference, but I think that "top heavy" images like this one feel more unbalance, so you could just try to put the text all at the bottom so it feels a little more stable. 

Other than that, a binding effect such as a color overlay or texture could bring it all together. I'm sure since this is a rough draft, you'll have no problem with how the text looks with the rest of the piece, but I'd just focus on the balance. Is there a date you can put on the poster? Location? Maybe a list of people involved in the concert that could be promoted?
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends.   Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. EmptyApril 18th 2016, 11:32 am

To be honest, I'm not a graphic designer but I would prefer "Senior Portofolio" tagline on the top and "concert" tagline on the bottom just like RRS said, lol. That being said, you might want to push the dancer to the bottom a bit. Otherwise, your poster is very good.

But like I said, I'm not a graphic designer and you are who you are, you can use all your talents for your own works, lol.
Back to top Go down
Tom Harper

Tom Harper

Hailing From : Glamorgan, Wales

PostSubject: Re: Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends.   Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. EmptyApril 18th 2016, 12:41 pm

It looks great and the idea is awesome, but the space at the bottom is feeling neglected and needs something more, maybe more flowers or some people reaching up to her as she flourishes.
 :deadpool:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends.   Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some help my graphic designers, photoshop friends.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1