Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... Empty
PostSubject: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 10:07 am

Do you think you'd be able to stay motivated with a gimmick/character you didn't create? A role you're given like an actor in a movie, for example. Do you think it'd be any less or more difficult to handle your character? Obviously all hypothetical.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... Empty
PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 10:28 am

I think I would be able to keep myself motivated if that were the case. It really depends on what gimmick it is and if I can pull it off.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 10:57 am

That was gonna be 1 of the original concepts of WMW. Premade characters & people would fill in the roles. I think I could pull it off, plus its something new.
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 11:37 am

I think I'd enjoy challenging myself in that aspect since it's basically a character formed by another person's imagination and creative thought bestowed upon you to perfect, rather than something you came up with that caters to your own personal comfort in portraying said character.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 1:05 pm

As long as it's not something that completely sucks, sure.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 1:16 pm

I'd enjoy that type of challenge.  It might actually be a bit more satisfying to know that writers have a strong and more intimate grasp on what your character is and how to write them.  I kind of faced that sort of challenge in EAW.  Spud wasn't my initial choice of picbase, or my secondary, or in my top ten, but I think I've started to make him fit.  

I'd definitely be down for it if that's what WMW turned out to be in it's reincarnation.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 1:29 pm

Matt Miles wrote:
As long as it's not something that completely sucks, sure.
this....

Haruna Treatment makes me strong, no worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 3:50 pm

I'd probably find it to be much tougher than what I've been doing with the Lioncross character for years. My character has a lot of my personality in it, and if Lioncross has changed in certain ways over the years, a part of it probably has something to do with the way I've changed as a person, for better or worse.

My Lyuncrust character, on the other hand, is nothing like me. So, maybe I'd be able to do it... but then again, I picked Lyun's character myself. So, I guess it'd depend on whether I rely on my own personality or my own creative freedom.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 4:20 pm

It would be a challenge but one I think most are able to meet. Motivation wise, It might just come down to if someone can A) gets a character they can slip into without too much difficulty and B) likes the booking they get.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 4:53 pm

Easily; if anything I'd find it kind of fun. Then again being a writer kind of means capturing the essence of different characters whether you created it or not and portraying it in script, so I guess I'm experienced in it.
Back to top Go down
Lethal Consequences
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Lethal Consequences

Hailing From : Oakland

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 5:19 pm

fuckin lioncross
Back to top Go down
http://adobehouserecords.com
Scarlet

Scarlet

Hailing From : Virgina Beach, Va (Originally from Brooklyn, New York)

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 5:34 pm

i feel that that'll be easier because you already know what that character does and how he or she acts instead of just developing them as you go along.
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 5:47 pm

Lethal Consequences wrote:
fuckin lioncross

Huh...?
Back to top Go down
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 5:49 pm

I'd find it fun honestly, that would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 5:51 pm

I'd be cool with it. Though I prefer it our way, being more our own masters.

Last edited by J Dynasty on October 28th 2015, 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 5:51 pm

I'd do it. Sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 7:58 pm

I'd love it.
Back to top Go down
That Self Hi-Five Guy

That Self Hi-Five Guy

Hailing From : Huntington Beach Baby!

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 28th 2015, 9:08 pm

That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 29th 2015, 2:57 pm

Would be fun
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 29th 2015, 3:13 pm

It'd be fun as long as I don't get a gay stylist gimmick
Back to top Go down
Amadeus
Voltage
Voltage
Amadeus

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 29th 2015, 3:29 pm

See, that's the thing. If you find a way to express yourself in a character given to you, you'll have an easier time getting into the character and probably be more successful at it. If you can't find any of yourself in the character ... then you'll probably go the way of Billy and Chuck. A good creative team will establish parameters to the character, but give the performer leeway to inject a little bit of themselves into the character.
Back to top Go down
Lumen Gray

Lumen Gray

Hailing From : London, England

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 29th 2015, 4:11 pm

Yes I think it would be interesting especially as in most E-Feds gimmicks are generally rather one dimensional.... I mean we don't have a Doink the Clown, or a Eugene or a Papa Shango purely down to their silliness.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

Hailing From : Virgina Beach, Va (Originally from Brooklyn, New York)

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 29th 2015, 5:00 pm

haha that would be very interesting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 30th 2015, 10:00 am

I'm in. The idea of playing a gimmick that is handed to me sounds like a blast. The idea of connecting to a character is half the fun of a good story.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... EmptyOctober 30th 2015, 2:49 pm

It would be... Interesting to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...   If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff... Empty

Back to top Go down

If EAW was like actual professional wrestling and the handlers were assigned gimmicks by the writers/staff...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next