Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Showdown THO??? - Page 4 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Showdown THO??? - Page 4 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Showdown THO??? - Page 4 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Showdown THO??? - Page 4 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Showdown THO??? - Page 4 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Showdown THO??? - Page 4 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Showdown THO??? - Page 4 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Showdown THO??? - Page 4 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Showdown THO???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

Showdown THO??? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 5th 2015, 7:05 am

Kendra Shamez wrote:
Chucky P. wrote:
When I said "essentially zero chance of at being promoted to a main writer", I was didn't mean that it would never happen.

Exactly.

lol quote of the year
LOL I'm so done.
Back to top Go down
Venom

Venom

Hailing From : Your local bar

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 5th 2015, 7:39 pm

RIP in Peace Showdown. :to:
Back to top Go down
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 5th 2015, 8:00 pm

Venom wrote:
RIP in Peace Showdown. :to:

:news:
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 2:51 am

Holy thread. I just wanted to state a few things, now that I've been able to check in on EAW.

1.) I'll be back Saturday.

2.) Holy arguments on this thread.

3.) This is my fault, not the backup writers this week. I had to leave earlier than I anticipated so I didn't get all my stuff done. Guys like Street, Charles and etc got their stuff done early. Stop trying to change a system that has proven to work.

4.) Yes, this has been a trend. It needed fixing with or without my vacation, though admittedly I've been dragging on and looking ahead to this week in particular - so that's the cause of the late shows.

5.) I am perfectly allowed to get annoyed at people asking where the show is when their sole purpose is to just annoy. It helps none with motivation. People never did that to me before, even last year during that real bad stretch - and shows got up earlier and not this 2-3 day stuff. It's a pure motivation killer and if you were smart (Looking at you Venom) you'd think twice before trying to piss off the writer. Disagree, I don't care - Point/Fact - IT DOES NOT HELP.

6.) Stop trying to go all-Macho writer. "Oh in years past writers would write shows on their own." Well boo hoo, grab yourself a fucking cookie. Backup writers are ESSENTIAL in today's EAW. If you are looking at me to write an entire show on my own, or even half the matches - find yourself a new writer. Maybe 5 years ago when I had the time and was younger with no responsibilities I'd handle that - but not now. It has been very well known I am main booker, storyline developer and segment writer. If the expectation is for me to be more than that - might as well promote someone else now before I get back.

I'm on my phone and it's a bitch to scroll, can't remember the number so the hell with them. Right now as it stands, with the roster sizes - we are asking and NEEDING backup writers to do 3-4 matches a week. Xavier can handle 2-3 on his own, but I am always in NEED to book more than perhaps we can chew right now to keep everyone busy. That is a major factor right now, and a pressing concern NOBODY has brought up. There are enough willing bodies but when you involve more people - more likely shows go up late. But as you see - I NEED to do that. My philosophy from Day 1 has always been to keep everyone busy. And that will never change. I'd rather deal with late show issues than morale concerns based off awful booking. Lesser of the evils. Yeah, be great if I could actually do matches as well - but this SD alone I was responsible for 13 segments. So perhaps I need to start trusting backups with segment duties as well - but that's another issue.

I want to get back to this roster size thing. I love my entire roster, would not want to downsize at all. But SO MUCH needs to be put in to keep everyone happy - from all 3 major brands. And this whole 4 matches only to BG thing is defeating the purpose of having BG, when I have to involve everyone because 4 matches are already booked. Quite shitty and has expanded upon my workload these first 4 weeks more than it needs to be. Sure the workload is just passed off to Battleground but I shouldn't be required to do 7-8 booked matches and 12-14 segments weekly. That cap needs to go.

And not making excuses but want to know what I've been averaging in my SD layouts? To explain, before writing starts i will usually layout the order of the script. For example it'll look like: 1. EAW Intro 2. Crash introduces new roster member 3. Commercial 4. Jamie vs. Xavier

Etc etc. Last year my end show would end at like "17. End Show" regularly - and I've always booked more than I have to. Since PFP, my script layouts have averaged to end at 30. That's almost double - this week it was exactly double at 34. So obviously the scripts are getting longer and harder to manage - but that's never ever a concern.

I didn't bother posting this to get sympathy. This is what I signed up for. I just wanted to lead the discussion to a more critical point - where all your crazy misconceptions aren't being the forefront of discussion. For someone who usually doesn't like to say a lot of offensive shit - this thread has the most irrelevant bullshit tied to it that I have ever seen on here.

I'll be back Saturday - I eagerly await the responses. The problem needs fixing - but I just wanted to say it's not the backup writers that are the issue. It's extended workload + more hands involved... And in the case of Showdown, those are not only hand and hand, but they are absolutely needed because I'm not changing the philosophy. If you want me to make less interesting feuds and for stuff to not make sense - And for Xavier to half ass matches - be my guest. But you will regret it and see these "tardy issues" as a non issue in hindsight.

But if you want to truly fix the problem - EAW would have to stop inter branded feuds (When enough resources are put in to accommodate 25 man rosters) back up writers would have to be glorified backups with near workload of main writers, and BG would have to probably at some point be its own entity and actual roster.

SD will be fine from here on out - just learn to waive your expectations in either promptness or quality. Can't have the best of both worlds when so much needs to happen to accommodate the entire roster on a weekly show.
Back to top Go down
Venom

Venom

Hailing From : Your local bar

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 4:45 am

King Lannister wrote:

5.) I am perfectly allowed to get annoyed at people asking where the show is when their sole purpose is to just annoy. It helps none with motivation. People never did that to me before, even last year during that real bad stretch - and shows got up earlier and not this 2-3 day stuff. It's a pure motivation killer and if you were smart (Looking at you Venom) you'd think twice before trying to piss off the writer. Disagree, I don't care - Point/Fact - IT DOES NOT HELP.
:cant:
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 5:13 am

Showdown THO??? - Page 4 Taken-Aback
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 9:33 am

:anchor:
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 11:24 am

Everybody chill :high:
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 12:48 pm

Responded to you in PM, Ken
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 5:07 pm

:deadpool:
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 6th 2015, 10:49 pm

I totally agree with Ken 100% he's a genius guy. I only have one question... is Showdown posted yet? :comeon:
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 7th 2015, 7:07 pm

So are we just gonna be behind a showdown for a while?

(As in, you guys are posting 8/1 when 8/8 was supposed to happen)

Is that the deal here?
Back to top Go down
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 7th 2015, 11:08 pm

Said this in chat a couple of days ago but I said there should be a creative team for storylines, segment booking for each week and have a writing team for writing the shows out each week. If so I would be interested in the creative part
Back to top Go down
The Mexican Samurai
Dynasty
Dynasty
The Mexican Samurai

Hailing From : San Jose, California

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 12:00 am

The Franchise Demon wrote:
Said this in chat a couple of days ago but I said there should be a creative team for storylines, segment booking for each week and have a writing team for writing the shows out each week. If so I would be interested in the creative part

Dude, just shut the hell up. In no way have you ever shown that you qualify for any sort of creative position within an e-fed.  If you want to do creative then you have to work your way up with efficient role playing, match writing, and dependency.  I'm getting real sick and tired of your whining and bitching about wanting to do storylines without having to put in any real effort.  

If you have ideas in your head then make a real attempt at creating another e-fed on your own without leaching onto other's dedication and work ethic.

In other words, shut the fuck up already.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 12:09 am

Mexican Samurai wrote:

Dude, just shut the hell up. In no way have you ever shown that you qualify for any sort of creative position within an e-fed.  If you want to do creative then you have to work your way up with efficient role playing, match writing, and dependency.  I'm getting real sick and tired of your whining and bitching about wanting to do storylines without having to put in any real effort.  

If you have ideas in your head then make a real attempt at creating another e-fed on your own without leaching onto other's dedication and work ethic.

In other words, shut the fuck up already.
I honestly agree with this as well. You aren't qualified to dictate or alter the current motives of the e-fed. If you want to show your inner quality, the Promo Page is always accessible 24/7, and you can try writing if you are ever willing to become a writer. Showdown has indeed been experiencing some issues, but that really doesn't mean you need to enforce your own rules as if it would make things much better.
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 12:15 am

After reading your promo's? Yeah nah.
Back to top Go down
Brett Kennedy

Brett Kennedy

Hailing From : Around the Corner

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 12:22 am

:punk: :what: :money:

Please tell me you're joking.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 1:35 am

Brett Kennedy wrote:

Okay, let's please not make it hate on FD day.

Dude, you need to prove your worth before complaining about stuff like that, or inserting your two-sense where it isn't needed, I learned that the hard way man.

Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 1:41 am

Pls stop Keller
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 2:02 am

Kerry Keller wrote:

Dude, you need to prove your worth before complaining about stuff like that, or inserting your two-sense where it isn't needed, I learned that the hard way man.

Love of fucking god stop with the "I'm a victim" shit.
Back to top Go down
Brett Kennedy

Brett Kennedy

Hailing From : Around the Corner

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 2:05 am

Kerry Keller wrote:
Brett Kennedy wrote:

Guys, I have 2 senses. It's official.

I'm pretty sure that I'm in the majority in the feeling towards FD involving himself in ANYTHING related to this site's booking or creative team. I think I'm okay when I post one sentence, hoping that he's merely joking.

Insert Akebono Demon Baby storyline here.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 2:11 am

Jamie O'Hara wrote:
Kerry Keller wrote:

I was trying to tell him to stop in a polite way, something that you neglected to do.
Back to top Go down
The Black Prince

The Black Prince

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 2:11 am

Jamie O'Hara wrote:
Kerry Keller wrote:

Chill. :dave:
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 2:14 am

Lol he said "two-sense."
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2015, 2:19 am

Chucky P. wrote:
Lol he said "two-sense."

I knew I made a mistake in that post, eh fuck it it's two A.M here :noah:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showdown THO???   Showdown THO??? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Showdown THO???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next