Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Q & A SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Q & A SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Q & A Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Q & A Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Q & A Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Q & A Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Q & A Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Q & A Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Q & A

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 5th 2014, 1:11 am

I'm putting this thread up so that those in EAW can ask any questions to those who run EAW. Feel free to ask whatever you want.

Note: Serious Questions and Serious Answers ONLY.
Back to top Go down
Cage.
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cage.

Hailing From : Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 5th 2014, 2:47 pm

Well this is great, Do you guys ever like especially with brands who have brand exclusives ever think about doing specials when one brand doesn't have an fpv coming up until like the next month? Like supershows but for the main brands, like you know Showdown: Homecoming, but like SD has Reasonable Doubt, then Dy has like a special show or something?
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 5th 2014, 4:52 pm

DC. wrote:
Well this is great, Do you guys ever like especially with brands who have brand exclusives ever think about doing specials when one brand doesn't have an fpv coming up until like the next month? Like supershows but for the main brands, like you know Showdown: Homecoming, but like SD has Reasonable Doubt, then Dy has like a special show or something?

Well when I just started doing stuff like Showdown: Homecoming, that was pretty much my only chance to do something like that for a while as everything following Reckless Wiring was inter-branded. I'm not sure what other people think about doing regularly-scheduled supercards (if that's what you mean) for brands that aren't gonna have an FPV for a while as the other brand is next in line for an exclusive FPV. However, we have done similar stuff in the past with like Roulette-type shows and whatnot, but I'd like for stuff like Showdown: Homecoming to be a regular thing in the future. I enjoyed doing it and it gave the normal shows a more epic feel.
Back to top Go down
Cage.
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cage.

Hailing From : Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 5th 2014, 10:25 pm

Mikado Sekaiichi wrote:
DC. wrote:

Well when I just started doing stuff like Showdown: Homecoming, that was pretty much my only chance to do something like that for a while as everything following Reckless Wiring was inter-branded. I'm not sure what other people think about doing regularly-scheduled supercards (if that's what you mean) for brands that aren't gonna have an FPV for a while as the other brand is next in line for an exclusive FPV. However, we have done similar stuff in the past with like Roulette-type shows and whatnot, but I'd like for stuff like Showdown: Homecoming to be a regular thing in the future. I enjoyed doing it and it gave the normal shows a more epic feel.
Yes this was exactly what I meant, Thanks
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 6th 2014, 11:52 pm

What makes you guys decide to give some people special entrances and others not?
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 12:48 am

Jaywalker wrote:
What makes you guys decide to give some people special entrances and others not?

If by "special" you mean like just custom attire that's detailed, I do that just really at random. Sometimes I will and sometimes I won't; just depends on how well I know the character and if I'm in the mood to add a little extra to his entrance. However, if you mean as in like eccentric entrances, that also requires you to know enough about the character to give them something you know they would come out in and what they would do and everything, but as for WHEN; I try to just keep it as an occasional thing; basically only for big events like FPVs or maybe even a supercard like SD Homecoming. If I want a particular match to have a larger than life feel to it, I'll definitely think of a quick special entrance for at least one of the competitors; depends on who's the more eccentric and would be the kind to do that.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 8:58 am

I think this question needs to be asked and answered and reminder to everyone, especially after what happened earlier today (or yesterday for pretty much all of you).

What do you expect from live crowds during shows (both weekly and FPV)? Is there a standard? Do you require a certain amount of people to be in chat, and then on top of that, do you need a certain amount active? Also, how do you plan to fix/stop a live crowd from fading/dying like it sometimes does?
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 10:22 am

Also, this has been a nuisance on both part with the crowd and the shows being on time where I can understand where are things are falling out. But when will the change happened? I haven't seen shows been on time back when I was on NEO. So when are we going to have shows actually on the days its suppose to be posted.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 10:44 am

Eddie Mack wrote:
I think this question needs to be asked and answered and reminder to everyone, especially after what happened earlier today (or yesterday for pretty much all of you).

What do you expect from live crowds during shows (both weekly and FPV)? Is there a standard? Do you require a certain amount of people to be in chat, and then on top of that, do you need a certain amount active? Also, how do you plan to fix/stop a live crowd from fading/dying like it sometimes does?

Great question.

I'll just give you my perspective and others can follow suit if they want. There are 50-60 people in EAW. We're lucky to get 10-15 on the chat for a show when everyone knows WHEN the show is. What would be satisfying based on my experience as a writer where I've seen successful shows happen on a weekly basis, is for as many people from the fed as possible to attend shows and everyone in the chatroom to be attentive during a show. Let me explain; there are times when 7 people out of a crowd are able to hold up and make the crowd passable. 7 out of 50-something in the fed. Laughable, but even that barely even happens. Everyone knows when shows are, especially FPVs, and the fact that FPVs are being pushed back a day is appalling. Whats expected is that as many people from the fed as possible attend shows and that everyone in the chat is active, otherwise u have no reason to be in the chatroom. Now thats no excuse for shows being done late, if people are going to promo they deserve to have their results on time, but one of EAW's most satisfying live shows ever was a Dy vs SD in 2009 and there were literally 10 people there, but every one of them were into that shit. (and this was at a time where 10 people for a crowd was inexcusable) So the fact that its a handful of people always carrying crowds is wack.

A great crowd doesnt mean spamming for every dropkick or word typed in caps. Its showing attentiveness by leaving small comments regularly, reacting to bigger moves, to a great sequence and treating it as a real match or segment. We've all SEEN a great crowd before, so why not be it? Also entrances are the number 1 way for a crowd to show its there, as if it weren't obvious. Segments are similar, where it helps if short comments are made here and there during segments and matches just to show youre reading. But sitting there dead for 5-10 minutes or more just to make a random plugin and go back to being dead makes noooo sense whatsoever. Youre in the chat during a show, so act like its a show. Out of the time it takes to write a show, all thats asked for is that you give a couple hours out of the week to pay attention. And how could you not be enthusiastic about a show? The only reason this fed exists is for... shows. Its part of e-fedding. If you cant be enthusiastic about that why are u fedding?? Just the way I see it.
Back to top Go down

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 11:24 am

Eddie Mack wrote:

Depends.

I require a certain amount to be there at an FPV, more than Dynasty, simply because an FPV is a bigger show, with bigger matches and generally it takes more effort to write one due to longer matches and ending of/starting of/continuing storylines. Whether it's Pain for Pride or Defiance, I do expect a full chat to a show and the standard is always the same ( Okay ...maybe I expect more at Pain for Pride, but that's a given ) for every FPV, simply because to me, scott, ddd and Robbie, we always put our best efforts into making every FPV as it possibly can be and expect the exact same thing from a crowd in return. This isn't like WWE,  we don't half-ass any FPV that isn't considered ''Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Summerslam'' etc etc, every FPV we try to put on the best card that we can, write the best matches we can and put the best matches we can, I'd love to know any other e-fed that constantly churns out consistently great FPVs like EAW does ( RD 2012 and Defiance 2 notwithstanding ) because it simply doesn't happen, we all invest alot of time into this place ( and so does TRE who always produces excellent posters, match pics and banners for FPVs and deserves credit aswell for FPVs, PFP already looks massive due to the graphics he's created ), so if we're putting in alot of effort into this and ALL we're asking from you is to show up and watch (well ...read) a fucking show for a couple of hours, especially if you've promoed for it, is that alot to ask for? We also have to promo hard for shows aswell, we're putting in double efforts and all we simply ask in return is to fucking show up and be a crowd. It really isn't hard and the fact that RD and DDD have to get pushed back ( I'm not including RW because that was down to a death in the family ) is appalling and downright selfish.

Dynasty is different, I don't need a FULL chat, maybe ten people minimum but I'm not doing a show if the crowd in the chat is dead or if I know the majority of the people are gonna leave or just troll. I don't need people constantly typing ''WOOOOOOOOO'' or ''BOOOO'' or ''XCVFDCVGCFXDCVFXDCFXD'' for any little thing. As long as I KNOW you're reading the show and paying attention, I don't care what you type aslong as it benefits the show. I did Dynasty last week with I believe you Nigey, Nas,, Vic, MP, Xav, Cage and maybe a few others and there wasn't constant ''WOO'' ''BOO'' ''ZXCXZDXCFXDZDX'', you were all typing whatever but I knew you were reading and even told DDD I was happy with the crowd despite the small numbers. I for the life of me don't understand why people think they don't have to show up or we're expecting too much out of people to give up a few hours of the day to do a show. It takes a long time and requires alot of effort to write a weekly script and come up with as many things as we do on Showdown and Dynasty, it requries alot of effort to sit-down and type that shit when we have school, college, jobs or whatever, it requries alot of effort to sit down and read promos that people invest their time and effort into, writing a brand isn't easy and when people get this idea that they only have to read their own shit, it's demotivating and extremely annoying on my end. I'm not getting paid for this, Robbie isn't, DEDEDE isn't, Scott isn't and TRE isn't. Hell Cage sure as hell isn't for the vids he's making, same shit with Starr. We all got better things we could be doing with our time.

I remember when a certain writer wasn't reading promos for his brand and it annoyed alot of people that they were spending all this time for something that weren't getting read, it's the exact same thing. You post a promo, I read it. I try and incorporate what you promo into a seg if I can, if not it's still read. You ask me for feedback on your promo or how you can improve or if you have a storyline suggestion, I don't ignore you or troll you like some people do with shows. I might take a while to get back to you but I do get back to you and I'd be utterly amazed if it wasn't for the same with Robbie, Scott or DEDEDE. It's a two way street, you aren't entitled to let us do all this amount of work and complain because you have to ''give up'' a few hours of a day for a show when we're giving up days for you in return. I don't give a shit if you find it ''boring'', it's boring for me to sit there with word open typing up an entire script that I know isn't being read (and I know they aren't, prime example last night when a certain somebody tried telling me something didn't happen on Dynasty last week when it was a focal point of the show and already tried telling me it didn't happen because they got caught with their pants down), as I said, you don't have to do the generic reactions people think you do, Jay for example doesn't do generic cheering and types his own shit mostly and I've never had to kick him, ban him, guest him or tell him to stop in pc, same with you Nigey because there is a clear difference between trolling, being generic and making it entertaining for yourself.

As for what I expect in activity, please don't expect me to sit here at 3am in the morning waiting two minutes for you to react to something and then bitch to me when I leave. If I have to always wait two-three minutes for you to react everytime I'm posting shit I'm not wasting my time by continuing, which exactly was the issue last night after people kept telling me to do Dynasty and then died pretty much as soon as it started.

If you want shows on time and written to their best quality, meet us half-way and actually show up considering the effort we put in. If you want half-assed and quick shows. go join AWF.
Back to top Go down

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 11:38 am

Ryan Savage wrote:
Also, this has been a nuisance on both part with the crowd and the shows being on time where I can understand where are things are falling out. But when will the change happened? I haven't seen shows been on time back when I was on NEO. So when are we going to have shows actually on the days its suppose to be posted.

If you want shows on time, be in the chat on Saturday and Sunday when they are meant to happen.

We're trying to get shit back on course and they slowly are, I get people are busy, I get people have school, college, jobs, lives. I'm fully aware and understanding of that matter. But if you're gonna be on the chat every day of the week hours on end, please don't dick me or Robbie around by all of a sudden not showing up and not even have the decency to pc me or him and say ''I can't be on this week for so and so reason'' and we'll be more than understanding unless you're constantly doing it and it appears you're dicking us around. I get Robbie is apparently busy on Saturdays so SD doesn't get posted until Sunday but Robbies been on the last two Saturdays with a pitiful crowd and last nights was no better and fuck even last Sundays was terrible. I'm fully aware that a month or so ago I was taking forever to post Dynasty, that was on me and deep depression/Suicidal that I wasn't motivated to do anything, which also most likely caused me to fail several exams in College that I'll have to repeat but I addressed that by Cage helping me write Dynasty and apologized on the forums for it, Robbie addressed his busy weekends by Scott helping him write Showdown. HBB asked to and is on the creative team and helps out aswell (he wrote the jay church seg for example), so while the issue was on us before, it's not now. If a crowd isn't showing up, don't ever expect me to post a show on time because I'm not and I don't see why I should if you aren't interested in it.

So basically, if you want Dynasty, Showdown, FPVs on time. Show up or don't complain to us about it not being done in time.
Back to top Go down

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 11:59 am

Dark Demon wrote:

Dynasty is different, I don't need a FULL chat, maybe ten people minimum but I'm not doing a show if the crowd in the chat is dead or if I know the majority of the people are gonna leave or just troll.

as I said, you don't have to do the generic reactions people think you do, Jay for example doesn't do generic cheering and types his own shit mostly and I've never had to kick him, ban him, guest him or tell him to stop in pc, same with you Nigey because there is a clear difference between trolling, being generic and making it entertaining for yourself.

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:

A great crowd doesnt mean spamming for every dropkick or word typed in caps. Its showing attentiveness by leaving small comments regularly, reacting to bigger moves, to a great sequence and treating it as a real match or segment. We've all SEEN a great crowd before, so why not be it?

Aight ima put my two cents on this. and actually say shit since i've never done that in eaw before this point instead of just idly doin my own shit

ima preface this with saying this: "trolling" needs to be analyzed. i read an article lately about sarcasm about how it "makes you smarter," AKA it makes people try to analyze the true meaning of something, and helps with creative problem solving, whilst being perceived "more hurtful than a plain-spoken criticism." this is the internet yall. if you want to be sheltered... idk gtfo the internet. this place has been goin great lately, and apparently these shows have been laggin lately. so, from the people's perspective:

A crowd will never become alive waiting for a show; start that shit. people will react. if they don't, let them see something and leave them wanting for more after. leave them hanging off the cliff, but at least try to start it up.

Your outline of a good crowd is probably true, DDD, but fuck your guidelines. Honestly. a good crowd is saying what they want to say. sometimes perceived as "trolling" if it hurts someone's feelings (aka writers/people in a match getting butthurt when someone says something snarky throughout the match). this is what makes a match. pure reactions. not spamming. not woo like demon said. reactions.

in all honesty i'm not all about this writing paragraph shit, the fact i've written this much is surprising to me, but i'll blatantly say this in the general direction of EAW's forums (and I say that vague as shit because I know there's at least 4 people reading this right now that will benefit):

stop being so easily fucked with. take sarcasm as constructive criticism. and take constructive criticism as helpful. stop being the victim. live inside your own head and enjoy it, because that's what the internet brings. write cause you enjoy writing and giving people a show, and say fuck them when people aren't in the mood to read a show. write them in a dress or some shit. "trolling" [quotations because troll has a very negative connotation] is necessary to keep people in place. stop taking things personally.

stop being so easily fucked with.

- LC

Quote :
If you want shows on time and written to their best quality, meet us half-way and actually show up considering the effort we put in. If you want half-assed and quick shows. go join AWF.

:umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: 

ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 12:22 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Ryan Savage wrote:

If you want shows on time, be in the chat on Saturday and Sunday when they are meant to happen.

We're trying to get shit back on course and they slowly are, I get people are busy, I get people have school, college, jobs, lives. I'm fully aware and understanding of that matter. But if you're gonna be on the chat every day of the week hours on end, please don't dick me or Robbie around by all of a sudden not showing up and not even have the decency to pc me or him and say ''I can't be on this week for so and so reason'' and we'll be more than understanding unless you're constantly doing it and it appears you're dicking us around. I get Robbie is apparently busy on Saturdays so SD doesn't get posted until Sunday but Robbies been on the last two Saturdays with a pitiful crowd and last nights was no better and fuck even last Sundays was terrible. I'm fully aware that a month or so ago I was taking forever to post Dynasty, that was on me and deep depression/Suicidal that I wasn't motivated to do anything, which also most likely caused me to fail several exams in College that I'll have to repeat but I addressed that by Cage helping me write Dynasty and apologized on the forums for it, Robbie addressed his busy weekends by Scott helping him write Showdown. HBB asked to and is on the creative team and helps out aswell (he wrote the jay church seg for example), so while the issue was on us before, it's not now.  If a crowd isn't showing up, don't ever expect me to post a show on time because I'm not and I don't see why I should if you aren't interested in it.

So basically, if you want Dynasty, Showdown, FPVs on time. Show up or don't complain to us about it not being done in time.

Are you taking shots at me or is this in general .. because I always tell you all or someone that i won't be able to make it due to work. I rarely complain which is why I don't understand why you are coming on to me like you have problem with me . I am probably one of the most active people here, that comes to chat when I can and promo for every match that I'm in and I work very hard like I do in everything I do. So don't play that shit with me because rarely do I complain and idk if you haven't noticed because every time when shows are suppose to happen I'm always there and I MEAN ALWAYS if  I don't have to work. As for being active when the show is happening when it's live. I try my best to do what I can because im also trying to take care of a few other things and I forget sometimes to say brb. I admit that I did fell asleep on a show because of some issues im going through but despite all that I try my best to my part in what I can. Every time I post a promo I always look for feedback in my character or what I can do to improve. im sorry that I'm not Norman or Xav that you take a liking to but i would appreciate if someone would at least recognize my hard work in what I do instead of just looking over it. I normally don't get mad over petty bulllshit but when my hard work and dedication comes to the question that's when i draw the line and get upset because I know for a fact hat I work extremely hard in everything i do.
Back to top Go down

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 1:56 pm

Ryan Savage wrote:
Dark Demon wrote:
Ryan Savage wrote:

We're trying to get shit back on course and they slowly are, I get people are busy, I get people have school, college, jobs, lives. I'm fully aware and understanding of that matter. But if you're gonna be on the chat every day of the week hours on end, please don't dick me or Robbie around by all of a sudden not showing up and not even have the decency to pc me or him and say ''I can't be on this week for so and so reason'' and we'll be more than understanding unless you're constantly doing it and it appears you're dicking us around. I get Robbie is apparently busy on Saturdays so SD doesn't get posted until Sunday but Robbies been on the last two Saturdays with a pitiful crowd and last nights was no better and fuck even last Sundays was terrible. I'm fully aware that a month or so ago I was taking forever to post Dynasty, that was on me and deep depression/Suicidal that I wasn't motivated to do anything, which also most likely caused me to fail several exams in College that I'll have to repeat but I addressed that by Cage helping me write Dynasty and apologized on the forums for it, Robbie addressed his busy weekends by Scott helping him write Showdown. HBB asked to and is on the creative team and helps out aswell (he wrote the jay church seg for example), so while the issue was on us before, it's not now.  If a crowd isn't showing up, don't ever expect me to post a show on time because I'm not and I don't see why I should if you aren't interested in it.

Are you taking shots at me or is this in general .. because I always tell you all or someone that i won't be able to make it due to work. I rarely complain which is why I don't understand why you are coming on to me like you have problem with me . I am probably one of the most active people here, that comes to chat when I can and promo for every match that I'm in and I work very hard like I do in everything I do. So don't play that shit with me because rarely do I complain and idk if you haven't noticed because every time when shows are suppose to happen I'm always there and I MEAN ALWAYS if  I don't have to work. As for being active when the show is happening when it's live. I try my best to do what I can because im also trying to take care of a few other things and I forget sometimes to say brb. I admit that I did fell asleep on a show because of some issues im going through but despite all that I try my best to my part in what I can. Every time I post a promo I always look for feedback in my character or what I can do to improve. im sorry that I'm not Norman or Xav that you take a liking to but i would appreciate if someone would at least recognize my hard work in what I do instead of just looking over it. I normally don't get mad over petty bulllshit but when my hard work and dedication comes to the question that's when i draw the line and get upset because I know for a fact hat I work extremely hard in everything i do.

I was using 'you' in a general usage.

And as I've said before, I don't know why you think don't you're being overlooked, I made you the New Breed Champion over Xav, you're teaming with DEDEDE of all people and I've put you down as somebody in several threads as a highly potential person.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 2:25 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Eddie Mack wrote:

I remember when a certain writer wasn't reading promos for his brand and it annoyed alot of people that they were spending all this time for something that weren't getting read, it's the exact same thing. 
 :hmm:  :hmm:
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 9th 2014, 8:26 pm

Thank you both for your responses.

They definitely clarified things up for me personally.

I just hope others read this (I'd be surprised if many do tbh).

Dark Demon wrote:
as I said, you don't have to do the generic reactions people think you do, Jay for example doesn't do generic cheering and types his own shit mostly and I've never had to kick him, ban him, guest him or tell him to stop in pc, same with you Nigey because there is a clear difference between trolling, being generic and making it entertaining for yourself.

Just on this. I definitely try to not give 'cookie-cutter' reactions but rather ones that make it entertaining for me and prefer to say my own stuff like Jay does. I always read the shows live and react (when I'm there - timezones make it difficult as you'd know by now).

My intentions are never to 'troll' or upset whoever is posting the show, so if any of my comments do come across that way, I apologise.

I also agree with pretty much everything LC said. He really hit the nail on the head with most of it - particularly:

CollarJohn wrote:
A crowd will never become alive waiting for a show; start that shit. people will react. if they don't, let them see something and leave them wanting for more after. leave them hanging off the cliff, but at least try to start it up.

Your outline of a good crowd is probably true, DDD, but fuck your guidelines. Honestly. a good crowd is saying what they want to say. sometimes perceived as "trolling" if it hurts someone's feelings (aka writers/people in a match getting butthurt when someone says something snarky throughout the match). this is what makes a match. pure reactions. not spamming. not woo like demon said. reactions.

I think a lot of people expect the show to just start when you're ready and while you're waiting for people to 'wake up', some have left because they think the show isn't happening. That's how I've seen things go down on a number of occasions.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 13th 2014, 2:32 am

CollarJohn wrote:
 ima preface this with saying this: "trolling" needs to be analyzed. i read an article lately about sarcasm about how it "makes you smarter," AKA it makes people try to analyze the true meaning of something, and helps with creative problem solving, whilst being perceived "more hurtful than a plain-spoken criticism." this is the internet yall. if you want to be sheltered... idk gtfo the internet. this place has been goin great lately, and apparently these shows have been laggin lately. so, from the people's perspective:

in all honesty i'm not all about this writing paragraph shit, the fact i've written this much is surprising to me, but i'll blatantly say this in the general direction of EAW's forums (and I say that vague as shit because I know there's at least 4 people reading this right now that will benefit):

stop being so easily fucked with. take sarcasm as constructive criticism. and take constructive criticism as helpful. stop being the victim. live inside your own head and enjoy it, because that's what the internet brings. write cause you enjoy writing and giving people a show, and say fuck them when people aren't in the mood to read a show. write them in a dress or some shit. "trolling" [quotations because troll has a very negative connotation] is necessary to keep people in place. stop taking things personally.

stop being so easily fucked with.

- LC

:umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: :umad: 

ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW ACW

I think you've got this completely wrong.

Theres a HUGE difference between trolling and constructive criticism. Trolling comes with no real interest or attentiveness in the show, but rather irrelevant jokes and comments from people trying to be funny. Now personally, I know a lot about being criticized. I guarantee you, despite my acclaim I've also been one of the most criticized writers in the past feds history based on stuff i did in 2007 and a little bit of 08. I can tell the difference between constructive criticism and plain slander, tyvm. You don't need to tell us the difference.

''fuck your guidelines''. Typical. I didn't say I dont want comments, but my guidelines are fair. Of course you would say ''fuck your guidelines'', but you clearly don't understand where we're coming from. If you spent a month writing a brand and trying to do shows and commentate them you would see exactly where I'm coming from. If we can't ask for a few guidelines along with the crowd being themselves, then what the fuck can we ask for? What I asked for is MORE THAN fair. Cheer, boo, make relative comments, input in the form of a few words and be consistent and that's a damn good crowd. Snarky comments and snarky opinions can ruin the atmosphere of a show only when theyre overdone. The problem is just that, they're overdone. One or two is cool but a lot of people never stop there, theyre almost always overdone, therefore needed to be moderated. If you dislike something, its fine to make a short comment and boo or something, but if you riddle the show with that it becomes not about the show anymore. I've seen it happen. I always tell people to save it for after the show or something. Save it for forums or regular chat conversation. Let the writer feel appreciated for trying by at least going by the guidelines (not pretending everything is ''FOK0K03FK EPIC GOAT'' but act like a crowd, role-play as a crowd. not be couch critics.) And give real constructive criticism in the form of sarcasm or whatever the hell you want later. 

While you said some agreeable stuff about not always being butthurt, some stuff u say i simply cant agree with. Being sarcastic and cynical is all cool and good with the right timing, but there's no supposed gain of intelligence in joking about retarded shit during a live show.
Back to top Go down

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 13th 2014, 8:55 am

When I say trolling, I generally mean shit like House of Glass where everybody ignored all that was happening in the show just to keep typing ''SAIL'' and ''BEST IN THE WORLD'' for hours on end.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 13th 2014, 3:21 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
When I say trolling, I generally mean shit like House of Glass where everybody ignored all that was happening in the show just to keep typing ''SAIL'' and ''BEST IN THE WORLD'' for hours on end.

Hijack Oakland
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 14th 2014, 6:11 pm

Bois. I have a question. Since PFP is like on the same day as MITB (the last day anyways) will the show be live early or what's going to happen. 
 :hmm:
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 15th 2014, 12:50 am

i say absolutely no way we compromise PFP for MITB in any way even slightly. I cant imagine myself giving half a crap what happens on MITB during PFP of all shows.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 15th 2014, 8:02 am

PFP usually starts mid-day anyway.
Back to top Go down

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 15th 2014, 9:04 pm

lol expecting people to comprise anything for EAW, decided to care more about AWF's shitness than their own e-fed.

Y'all just a bunch of embarrassments imo.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 15th 2014, 9:23 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
lol expecting people to comprise anything for EAW, decided to care more about AWF's shitness than their own e-fed.

Y'all just a bunch of embarrassments imo.

I agree
Back to top Go down

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A EmptyJune 16th 2014, 12:22 am

What Demon said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Q & A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A Empty

Back to top Go down

Q & A

View previous topic View next topic Back to top