Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Q & A - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Q & A - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Q & A - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Q & A - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Q & A - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Q & A - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Q & A - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Q & A - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Q & A

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Cage.
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cage.

Hailing From : Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 16th 2014, 8:44 pm

You know, I hope I'm not the only 1 thinking what is going on here
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 16th 2014, 9:08 pm

Where I came from, segments were authored by the handlers and the writers only did the actual match summaries.  It's made for an interesting change here that I'm still keeping the jury out on.

As a whole, other handlers within EAW, do you feel that your characters are handled appropriately on the show, or do you find the writer-created angles take you in directions you aren't interested in?
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 16th 2014, 9:40 pm

Nick Perry wrote:
Where I came from, segments were authored by the handlers and the writers only did the actual match summaries.  It's made for an interesting change here that I'm still keeping the jury out on.

As a whole, other handlers within EAW, do you feel that your characters are handled appropriately on the show, or do you find the writer-created angles take you in directions you aren't interested in?
You know I like how you talk, you have quite the foreign tongue to us lol, I'm glad we're having a new branch of people that think, talk and act differently for more diversity. To answer your question, to me it's half and half. Sometimes writers add things that really inspire me and help me promo in directions I never would have thought of. Other times though, it's kinda like you do things you normally wouldn't want and you just have to adapt to it the best way you can(It's been this way so long to me it just feels like part of the game).

You'll probably find it's a give and take thing.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 16th 2014, 10:24 pm

Jaywalker wrote:
Nick Perry wrote:

You know I like how you talk, you have quite the foreign tongue to us lol, I'm glad we're having a new branch of people that think, talk and act differently for more diversity. To answer your question, to me it's half and half. Sometimes writers add things that really inspire me and help me promo in directions I never would have thought of. Other times though, it's kinda like you do things you normally wouldn't want and you just have to adapt to it the best way you can(It's been this way so long to me it just feels like part of the game).

You'll probably find it's a give and take thing.

Thank you very much for that information.  Having an understanding of expectations makes it a lot easier to wrap my brain around going in.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 17th 2014, 12:12 am

Beggars can't be choosers.

I appreciate the hell out of writers. If I didn't, I wouldn't E-Fed anymore. And it is reasonable to desire some kind of validation for a script, completely reasonable. But at the end of the day, I don't E-Fed for writers, nor sit in a show for writers. I do it because I enjoy it. And if I don't enjoy it any longer, I walk, as I've done before. If you only write for validation via other collared souls, my opinion is you should find another outlet for validation rather than a free online roleplay. Stifling people stifles the E-Fed; there is no atmosphere without audiences. Write a script for 5 people and see how guidelines work then. Write a show for a packed chatroom having fun and feeding off what's going on and see the difference. I show up and participate in crowd throughout the show moreso than other people to further the E-Fed. I promo to further the E-Fed. Writing should be something done to improve an E-Fed so yourself and the other can enjoy it, even when a guideline isn't met.

Life has no guidelines.

Entropy exists.

Writing is appreciated.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 26th 2014, 1:18 am

How do you guys feel about people numbering promos?

I notice that a number of members do it and personally, it grinds my gears.

It's a generally well known thing that quality > quantity but it feels like some times people number promos as if to say "oh look, this is my 5th promo for the week but my opponent has only done two"

Obviously, two promos can be better than five (imo) if the quality is better.

Just curious to see if any of the board/writers feel this way or if I'm alone on this. (:
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 26th 2014, 3:56 am

Kinda related/unrelated to what Nigey said
When people put "OOC - Short promo" or whatever, it kinda bothers me  :banks:  just post dat thing with pride.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 26th 2014, 4:11 am

Eddie Mack wrote:

It's a generally well known thing that quality > quantity but it feels like some times people number promos as if to say "oh look, this is my 5th promo for the week but my opponent has only done two"

Just curious to see if any of the board/writers feel this way or if I'm alone on this. (:
I'm not board but I just wanted to say I agree with this post, numbered promos have always bothered me, like wtf does it mean? Are you putting numbers on your promos because you think writers aren't paying attention or are you trying to state you've done more promos than someone this week? Back in the days when I was on the board there were no numbered promos, this is a new generation move, as in this started like in 2012 and up massively.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 26th 2014, 8:39 am

the OOC comments always annoy me but I never really paid attention to ''Shit cunt face mcgee promo: II''
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 26th 2014, 9:02 am

Eddie Mack wrote:

Even though I'm not on the board or a writer but for me it's kinda like a force of habit. Back in 2010 I never really put numbers on my promos but now it's like a force of habit because normally I see so many people doing it around 2012 and I ended up doing too. When I normally number my promos it's the mainly to keep up with how many promos I did and also go over each one and see if I am being repetitive or not or the fact if I should change something up with the next set of promos I decide to do and progress that way each time instead of putting myself through a loop. In my case I never really saw it as a quality > quantity or vice versa kind of thing. I never really encountered anyone that had that thought process though Nigel.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 26th 2014, 9:45 am

I mostly number my promos not because I post a great amount.  I mostly do it for the convenience of those who read my promos.  I know most people are probably smart enough to know which show I'm promoing for and whom I'm promoing against, but I do it just to make myself feel better knowing there is NO WAY anyone can get confused on my promos.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJune 26th 2014, 6:51 pm

I'm assuming people are afraid the board doesn't read their promos and will simply look to see who is promoing and who's not
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 13th 2014, 6:48 pm

No further questions?  :lupe:
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 15th 2014, 4:47 am

Do writers make the cards for FPVs on the fly as they write shows, or do they have them planned out beforehand? I'm assuming some feuds/matches are set in stone, whereas others are made a couple weeks before the set FPV.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2014, 9:13 pm

Alex Anderson wrote:
Do writers make the cards for FPVs on the fly as they write shows, or do they have them planned out beforehand? I'm assuming some feuds/matches are set in stone, whereas others are made a couple weeks before the set FPV.

Cards for FPVs? We usually do an outline of sorts after every FPV for the next one coming. Basically what an outline is in my definition is a full card in which anything on it could change from then onwards to the FPV. Sometimes stipulations are thought up on the road to each FPV, sometimes something happens with those involved in the matches we established and the matches they're put in need to be changed in some way. So yeah, we try to plan them out as soon as we possibly can, but of course, anything can change.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2014, 9:49 pm

Alex Anderson wrote:

No.

We have meetings usually the day after an FPV to discuss the next FPV and get what matches we went on the card to be there so we can start booking towards them. We know what we're booking so everything is already organized and ready to go, obviously for things like King of Extreme or something with a promo-based tournament, we won't know who is it but we'll still have the match done on the card. We do this so we can generally get opinions from each other, whether such and such is a good idea or not, maybe something would be better and how we can work towards each match. We know the full card leading up to the show unless, again, something is promo-based that will affect such a match. Stipulations for matches can be changed on the fly if we feel it'll better suit the match and Sometimes we'll change a match on the fly if somebody quits, gets fired or goes inactive and we can book something in it's place, a recent example would be Zack Crash vs Xavier Williams was booked rather on the fly since You vs Starr couldn't happen at the Grand Rampage.
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 10:05 pm

Can we do the live draft differently next year? Like, instead of the random selection, we can have 3 GMs pick out who they want one by one; this can make for some intriguing segments.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 21st 2014, 9:41 pm

I don't see what's wrong with the current system, works fine especially for surprise returns.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 24th 2014, 5:28 pm

This is something I've wanted to ask a lot of times but always forgot. If two extremists have a  match against each other at a FPV, do you take into considerations the promos they did on each other before the FPV week? 

What I mean by that, before their big match, people usually are involved in tag team matches against each other, so do you count the promos they did for those kind of matches + the promos they did during FPV week towards the end result OR just the promos during the FPV week?
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 24th 2014, 6:31 pm

I'm not board, but I do have experience in the booking/writing aspect of things, so I'll answer this one for them. When it comes to determining a match winner at the FPV, of course they look past just the week of the event. If you and your opponent both cut 3 promos, and they're relatively of the same quality, as a booker you look at the whole scope of the feud and who has been better for the larger duration. It's so easy for someone to go balls-to-the-wall the week of the FPV and post 6 promos in one week, when beforehand they were cutting 1 promo max. That is definitely held either against you or for you, the overall consistency you've shown in the match build-up.

But let me remind everyone it's never black and white. Some feuds/match decisions can be storyline based, which enhances the overall development of the feud. So all because you've been more consistent than your opponent the entire 2 month feud doesn't mean you're going to win every FPV match or anything. It's too black-and-white to simply have a clear cut formula of success for. Depends on the situation, but I just wanted to clarify that yes, most writers do look at the overall consistency rather than just one week's worth of work.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 24th 2014, 6:55 pm

As writers, how much emphasis do you place on developing gimmicks and characters? I've noticed there's generally a couple guys who stand out from the rest with their in-script actions, but a lot of the time guys are told to separate themselves and stand out from the rest of the pack. Is this mostly just based on the character they're trying to portray in their promos, or do any of you think you could do a better job distinguishing extremists from one another? I tend to think that if you're portraying a unique gimmick/character, the writers will follow suit and do their best to give it justice. At the same time, I've seen a few people with good gimmicks who never realized their character's potential over the years. How much of this is on the extremist, and how conscious are you of trying to make guys stand out? Obviously you can't put makeup on a pig and make it beautiful, but curious nonetheless.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 26th 2014, 4:34 pm

Y2Impact wrote:
As writers, how much emphasis do you place on developing gimmicks and characters? I've noticed there's generally a couple guys who stand out from the rest with their in-script actions, but a lot of the time guys are told to separate themselves and stand out from the rest of the pack. Is this mostly just based on the character they're trying to portray in their promos, or do any of you think you could do a better job distinguishing extremists from one another? I tend to think that if you're portraying a unique gimmick/character, the writers will follow suit and do their best to give it justice. At the same time, I've seen a few people with good gimmicks who never realized their character's potential over the years. How much of this is on the extremist, and how conscious are you of trying to make guys stand out? Obviously you can't put makeup on a pig and make it beautiful, but curious nonetheless.

Alot, because it's pretty essential. It's something I've always told people for years but developing gimmicks is king; it's how you become more interesting, it's how people can relate to you or boo you and it's how you remain fresh. The issue I've always had is that way too many people either have the same gimmicks or don't really have any, which makes it hard to make them distinguished. It's easy to develop a Vic Vendetta because he already stands out and his gimmick forces you to do something completely different with him, same with Norman (although I did a rather bad job on him imo once the Carlos feud ended), same with Venoms original gimmick. It's already hard to make somebody unique when they're just a ''cocky heel who believes he's the best'' or whatever, obviously not every person who joins up has to have some sort of wacky unique gimmick but something just different the norm goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyJuly 28th 2014, 5:55 am

Y2Impact wrote:

ill tell you this, those who didnt give themselves a describable gimmick usually got one given by me. And if I ever heard any bitching about it, it was curtains. If someone wants to sign up with the bare minimum, they should expect the bare minimum.
Back to top Go down

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyAugust 4th 2014, 10:06 am

I have 3 questions:

1. Can you give me a concrete definition of a "world champion material"? What does an e-fedder have to have? Obviously it goes beyond promoing, it's also attitude and showing up and reacting at live shows. Am I missing something else? How do you deal with people that left and coming back? 

2. It's not a question but more kind of a concern. There's been a lot of promos lately that break kayfabe and talk about e-feds and stuff like that. Aren't we going overboard? Shouldn't we limit those to a very limited amount because it kind of makes promos confusing (like what you expected to say and shit) and its honestly not hard at all( like anybody can talk decent shit about EAW as an efed, but try to back that hard match that you lost some weeks ago and convince your opponent that you are better than him) . I have had to use it really recently because it came up on my adversary promos, but idk I feel it makes matches really personal, people can easily go on fighting each other and its just not fun doe. 

3. How do you nominate new Hall of Famers? Also is there a limited number of people you induct in one year or you just induct whatever amount you feel like deserves?
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 EmptyAugust 4th 2014, 7:51 pm

I've got one:

Is there anything being done to improve the timeliness of EAW shows?

Being on Showdown, I'm able to attend my own show's live show (since it's on Sunday morning for me - a good time for me to sit in chat and react) which I enjoy but as far I know - not since the first post-draft Showdown has one been live/on time iirc.

Is the fact shows aren't on time just a matter of writers (not just Showdown) not having finished a show or just not doing it because of no crowd or not posting it for some petty reason?

Like, some of the currently storylines and feuds are pretty interesting and I'd like to be able to read/see them on time rather than waiting day after day not knowing when to expect it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Q & A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A   Q & A - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Q & A

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-