Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2014, 2:19 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Coolte17
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2014, 6:10 am

Well these last duo episodes have been quite the gamer changers, it became more action oriented than I expected, I'm glad the whole impaling thing wasn't censored. Haruhi is quite strange, I wonder how they'll handle her, I mean he says maybe they should reveal themselves but like if she got to knew there were aliens and espers she'd eventually get bored of them too seeing as there's so many of them, such is the human condition after all you get use to things when they happen frequently, though I guess she's not human that still applies.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2014, 9:18 am

This show has certainly gone beyond the bounds of what I had anticipated, which is a good thing. I just assumed it would be a goofy comedy, maybe a harem of some sort, but thus far it's exceeded expectations. I'm enjoying the characters and the ideals of each one as far as what exactly Haruhi is and why she's somehow done all she's done. No clue where it's going next, but still very much enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2014, 7:11 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Coolte18
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2014, 8:35 am

:hmm: I'm not sure what to think of that episode; almost felt like it was supposed to be the end of the series or season or something with the kind of ambiguous happy ending and the epilogue and everything. Whatever the case may be, good stuff.

Side note: Did they ever explain why Haruhi kept her hair the same throughout all that time despite them making it known she changed her hair every day before then?
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2014, 2:59 pm

Ares Vendetta wrote:
:hmm: I'm not sure what to think of that episode; almost felt like it was supposed to be the end of the series or season or something with the kind of ambiguous happy ending and the epilogue and everything. Whatever the case may be, good stuff.

Side note: Did they ever explain why Haruhi kept her hair the same throughout all that time despite them making it known she changed her hair every day before then?

I believe it was when he talked about her hair in the earlier episodes and she came back with a haircut, the hair cut being the transition to when she didn't have different hair styles.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2014, 3:02 pm

I had heard that one of the differences between 2006 and 2009 was that the episodes weren't in chronological order for for 2006, for w.e reason they were just aired this way and from the comments people never seemed to agree which was superior. This very well could of been the finale, but I am unsure. Either way it was an interesting episode and it was nice to see he convinced her to go back to the other world and she who had the same experienced wears the hairstyle he suggested.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2014, 8:16 pm

Wait...So does this mean we're just going to get filler for the rest of the season now?
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2014, 8:21 pm

I'm not sure, I don't want to go looking into it and get spoilers. However it sounded like it was just out of order, so the rest of what we'd see would be things that occurred before this episode I believe.

Edit:Alright, it seems what we are watching is in proper chronological order rather than the  original broadcast order.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 16th 2014, 8:26 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Coolte19
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 16th 2014, 5:05 pm

Pretty amusing episode, especially for lame ass baseball, the worst sport in the world. It's good to have something light hearted on a otherwise shitty day of assignments, seeing it's snowing outside and your laptop showing signs that it might need repair again when you don't have the luxury of not having a laptop for 3 weeks of repair due needing one to do programs and means you might have to just go a buy a whole new laptop-_-. Yeah great uplifting thing to watch anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 16th 2014, 10:11 pm

Baseball is far from the worst when shit like Golf exists. :why: 

Anywho, it seems like the theory of last week's episode being the finale and the rest of the episodes basically being filler of what happened prior to it was busted as it went directly after all that happened, basically. Entertaining episode; reminded me of Samurai Champloo's awesome baseball episode. Seems like the show may indeed be just about Kyon and Itsuki and the others trying to keep Haruhi from destroying the World without being able to outright tell her anything, and I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 17th 2014, 8:46 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Coolte20
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 18th 2014, 12:50 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Coolte22

Last edited by Ares Vendetta on November 19th 2014, 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 19th 2014, 12:41 am

Ares Vendetta wrote:

For some reason, time-traveling stuff never fails to amuse me, and it feels like pieces are slowly coming together with all this strange stuff like Kyon being the one who put those strange symbols there and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 19th 2014, 2:55 am

Ares Vendetta wrote:
Ares Vendetta wrote:

For some reason, time-traveling stuff never fails to amuse me, and it feels like pieces are slowly coming together with all this strange stuff like Kyon being the one who put those strange symbols there and whatnot.

I retract what I said there because I ended up watching an episode from technically the wrong season, so just ignore that and for anyone else who watches, make sure you're watching the appropriate episode.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 20th 2014, 9:13 am

I realise I may be several episodes ahead of time.

OK well for the reviews I didn't have time for

Episode 8- Interesting in terms of advancing the mythos that is Haruhi, but ultimately kind of forgettable. The time travelling aspect incorporated is pretty interesting, though.

Episode 9 and 10- OK, this is what I was expecting. Keep Haruhi busy, and whatever. Ultimately, kind of bad to be a two part series, because the ESPer more or less seemed to be screaming "Something is going to happen which I am behind" all through the cruise, making the murder mystery fairly predictable.

Episode 11- Those dub songs were so bad...
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 21st 2014, 4:11 pm

Caught up to the tenth episode, the island episodes were pretty interesting and I liked them.The band ep was eh to me but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2014, 8:28 am

This is pretty much one of the, if not the most active topic in EAW, no reason to sticky it.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 23rd 2014, 6:39 am

The last episode was rather boring for a last episode, and the only thing to really happen is apparently Haruhi was trying to kiss Kyon when he was asleep. Nonetheless I think it was a solid anime overall.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 EmptyNovember 26th 2014, 4:34 am

I decided to say fuck it and just watched the show chronologically (2009 re-airing), so for me the first season ended on the first two (not sure how many episodes there are exactly) of the "Endless Eight" arc in which they've all been caught in an endless time loop that repeats the last 2 weeks of their Summer vacation because Haruhi doesn't feel satisfied by the end of it. I thought it would blow, but it's been interesting to think about, plus there IS different stuff that happens, and apparently it's happened a lot (Yuki, being the only one who's able to remember anything, says they've been through the loop like almost 16000 times now and it's not always the same). I'll definitely check out season 2 eventually to see how all that concludes.

P.S. Sorry with all of the probs for our first AGV; turns out this particular anime was not the best to pick for our first viewing due to the different chronological aspects of it and the episodes kind of being a bother to find and whatnot. I plan on experimenting with another AGV soon, but with a more serious and more recently-dubbed anime to avoid any problems, so thank you to those who beared through it (pretty much just GI and Jay) and hopefully you guys and others will join us next time.

Until next time

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 IbvoL2HSwpKWF7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2