Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

Hailing From : Tokyo, Japan

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Empty
PostSubject: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 12:51 am

As Jay posted about in a thread the other day, we will try an anime group viewing for anyone interesting in watching an anime with us. We tried to pick an anime that's both English Dubbed for more casual watchers and one at least most have never seen. All there is to participating is simply watching one episode with everyone else every day and maybe discuss each episode as well as the show goes on. The first anime we'll be watching is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

To easily watch the series, go to http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya (Click one of the other players if not working)

The watching starts TODAY, so let's do THIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS?!

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 IbqGdTxmgQRPUl

Last edited by Ares Vendetta on November 26th 2014, 4:35 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 1:00 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Coolte11
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 4:01 am

Well now I know why it's an episode 0, but even for an episode 0 a 20 minute long watch for a gag on bad filming and only one minute of what you'd expect is kinda overboard.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 8:54 am

Yeah, I suppose I should have known this would have nothing to do with the actual show based off of it being an Episode 0, but oh well, I got a kick out of it for the joke on bad filming though we've not yet even been introduced to the characters and everything.

For those who will be watching this anime with us, watching this episode most likely isn't necessary, so just start on episode 1 tomorrow with us.

Sucks that I can't put this episode 0 anywhere on MAL. :cryshow:
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 10:04 am

Komodo Dragon wrote:
Well now I know why it's an episode 0, but even for an episode 0 a 20 minute long watch for a gag on bad filming and only one minute of what you'd expect is kinda overboard.
This literally led me to almost not want to watching it but I'm glad I did, definitely should have started with Ep. 1 :punk:
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 9th 2014, 12:18 pm

Ares Vendetta wrote:
Yeah, I suppose I should have known this would have nothing to do with the actual show based off of it being an Episode 0, but oh well, I got a kick out of it for the joke on bad filming though we've not yet even been introduced to the characters and everything.

For those who will be watching this anime with us, watching this episode most likely isn't necessary, so just start on episode 1 tomorrow with us.

Sucks that I can't put this episode 0 anywhere on MAL. :cryshow:

Mal has 14 eps for it, your site goes up to "13" which I assume mean MAL put in an extra slot for ep 0.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 3:02 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Coolte12
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 5:06 am

Interesting first episode. :hmm: 

Thus far I'm liking the main character/narrator and Haruhi herself, as well as the meta-ness of the show; looking forward to seeing how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 9:52 am

Guh. Oh right.

*puts down Kokoro Connect for a second*

OK, after the abortion that was Episode 0, the actual proper show actually looks quite promising. I was kind of worried that Haruhi was going to end up being as immense a bitch as that Toradora chick, but she seems to be a good balance of quirky, and not being so quirky that it makes you an annoying bitch. I approve.

Also, the narrator reminds me a lot of the D-Frag MC, minus the yelling, and I enjoyed that character a lot, so double plus.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 4:34 pm

I'll start joining this after I get done with Hunter X Hunter.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 10th 2014, 5:06 pm

It was an amusing enough episode, the main chick is interesting, I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 11th 2014, 3:46 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Coolte13
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 11th 2014, 7:44 am

So...The videos broken for anybody else?
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 11th 2014, 8:49 am

Well...That's an interesting, yet not completely unsurprising development. I wonder where that will go.

Also, Haruhi's voice changes between annoying as fuck to bearable on a seemingly line-to-line basis. I'll probably get used to it, but damn it can be so grating.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 11th 2014, 10:57 am

Alright so, first of all: apparently there are only 14 episodes that we will be watching for this particular season (counting episode 0 and since we probably won't be watching season 2 unless everyone else wants to), but WatchCartoonOnline has the episodes listed like this season is completely different and has it listed as "2006" while there's 28 episodes of "2009", but apparently that's incorrect. The first 13/14 labeled "2009" are the same ones we're watching right now, so it's kinda all fucked up on that site for some reason.

:why: :money:

Anyway, also apparently every fuckin stream of episode 2 on WatchCartoonOnline is broken one way or another, so I suggest watching it at http://www.dubzonline.org/the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-dub-episode-2/# Where it worked perfectly for me.

Now onto the actual episode thoughts...

I thoroughly enjoyed it more than the first episode, most notably the computer club part. Haruhi and Kyon in particular keep getting better as I enjoy Haruhi for the selfish sociopathic bitch she seems to be and Kyon for being the straight-man narrator that's just observing and giving commentary on all of the ridiculousness. I had a feeling something like that at the end was coming, but was kind of surprised by who it exactly was about. Enjoying the show thus far.

Best Quote: "Then I'll tell everyone at school that all you geeks ganged up on her and [BLEEP]ed her."
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 11th 2014, 2:06 pm

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hen-house-hustle-a-live-action-anime-parody--2
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 11th 2014, 5:07 pm

Lol Haruhi is kind of a bitch, but an entertaining one. Hmm, Aliens....we will see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 12th 2014, 5:25 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Coolte14
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 12th 2014, 7:13 am

This new "Haruhi is a God" development is quite interesting, as is "Everyone but MC is paranormal in some way". Very much a foreshadowing episode, but I think I might have an idea where this is going now...
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 12th 2014, 8:58 am

I'll admit, I was thinking this show might be something more generic when we first started watching, but it's gotten more interesting with more mystery that's suddenly developed. I'm not very good when it comes to foreshadowing, so unlike GI, I have no clue where this could potentially go from here, but I'm enjoying the show more with every episode.

Side note: Though it seems as though Haruhi may be God, the true God is none other than Johnny Yong Bosch, voice of characters such as Vash The Stampede, Rossiu from TTGL, Lelouch from Code Geass, Ichigo in Bleach, and now Itsuki here in this show. Praise be to JYB.

:rejoice:
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 13th 2014, 3:12 am

Lol she's pretty likeable to me for a bitch lol, she's just really compelling and enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 13th 2014, 9:58 am

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Coolte15
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 13th 2014, 10:03 am

OK, so that's NOT how I expected it to go. I thought this was a "Keep Haruhi as distracted and engaged with shit as possible, all the while hiding the weird shit she is inadvertantly creating" show. Then again, maybe it will still end up that way. Kyon fights off aliens and time travelers and ESPers alongside the other SOS members, while Haruhi fails to grasp the reality of the situation, looking too deep into things to find something interesting, that she is ignoring everything that happens right in front of her face.

This is legit.
Back to top Go down
Ares Vendetta
Showdown
Showdown
Ares Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 13th 2014, 11:46 pm

I had a feeling some shit was going down when that chick turned out to be the one who invited Kyon to meet up with her. Her niceness just made it all the more seem like she had bad intentions, so that whole escalating of wanting to murder Kyon just to make Haruhi do something interesting was certainly unique. I'm too assuming it'll be something like Kyon and the other members of the SOS Brigade fending off supernatural beings while Haruhi is none the wiser, but thus far I haven't been able to predict where this show is going, so who really knows by this point. Nonetheless, I'm still enjoying everything going on and liking the show more than I thought I would earlier on.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 EmptyNovember 14th 2014, 12:52 am

Ares Vendetta wrote:
I'll admit, I was thinking this show might be something more generic when we first started watching, but it's gotten more interesting with more mystery that's suddenly developed. I'm not very good when it comes to foreshadowing, so unlike GI, I have no clue where this could potentially go from here, but I'm enjoying the show more with every episode.

Side note: Though it seems as though Haruhi may be God, the true God is none other than Johnny Yong Bosch, voice of characters such as Vash The Stampede, Rossiu from TTGL, Lelouch from Code Geass, Ichigo in Bleach, and now Itsuki here in this show. Praise be to JYB.

:rejoice:

That side note is so fitting, he's a definite legend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006   Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime Group Viewing: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2006

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-