Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EAW
Admin
EAW

Hailing From : Land of Elite

RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling Empty
PostSubject: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:16 am

It’s been an uncomfortable week behind the scenes and out in the open for this community. Unfortunately we have some horrible news to share. Brody Sparks, whos real name was Mavis Sterling, has passed away. She was found unresponsive yesterday morning and the cause of death is not yet known. 

Brody had dealt with serious bouts of depression as well as personal problems that she opened up to certain people about. It is speculated that she might have taken her own life. Now is the time more than ever for us to support each other in this community because you never know what somebody is going through. If you see something, don’t take it lightly, it could unfortunately be a cry for help.

This world and EAW especially lost a beautiful spirit and we will never be the same. We love you Brody, and we’ll miss you.
Back to top Go down
https://eawnetwork.forumotion.com
Lars Grier
Voltage
Voltage
Lars Grier

Hailing From : Places

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:18 am

Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:20 am

Well this is a huge downer before going to bed, damn man wtf. Rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:22 am

I'm really sorry to hear that. I like Brody really. Everyone loves him, this is a really broken news. She's one of the nicest people I've ever met. Going to Pray for her.
Back to top Go down
Theron Nikolas
Showdown
Showdown
Theron Nikolas

Hailing From : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Status : I'm just a man; one that just simply keeps his word.

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:28 am

I didn't speak to her as much as much as others, but damn. It still hits so heavy. Rest in Peace, Brody.
Back to top Go down
CM Bank$
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
CM Bank$

Hailing From : Capsule Corp

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:34 am

This shit hurts, like I don't even know how to take this.. a huge part of EAW was just ripped out, Brody was a huge influence and easily one of my favorite people to chat with, definitely was like a sister. Since coming back she was easily one of my favorite people and one of the coolest people I had the pleasure of becoming friends with. I'm gonna miss her dearly. From my conversations with her and the things she'd share on the chat it was clear that she was going through some issues in her personal life, EAW was a place for her to come and escape from life's misfortunes and as much as we love her she loved EAW just as much. Don't hesitate to help someone you see dealing with depression in anyway you can before it's too late, because you just never know how deep it goes. 

EAW stuff aside, I'll keep her family in my thoughts and I hope they'll somehow be able to overcome this tragedy, it's never easy to lose a family member let alone a mother having to bury her own daughter.

God bless you Brody. Rest in peace.

Last edited by CM Bank$ on October 27th 2017, 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://huggintheblock.com
Keelan
Voltage
Voltage
Keelan

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:34 am

This is... I just cannot comprehend words properly. Brody became a really close friend of mine here, and I just... I just don't even know how to feel right now. This is really heavy.
Back to top Go down
Amani
Empire
Empire
Amani

Hailing From : Chiraq

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:35 am

I don't have any more words right now but I love you, Brody. Hopefully you found peace.
Back to top Go down
Moongoose McQueen
Voltage
Voltage
Moongoose McQueen

Status : Whether I go or not, I'll die anyway. I have an organ more important than my heart. Although you can't see it, I feel it going through my head down to my feet, and I know it exists within me. It lets me stand on my feet, it lets me walk forward without trembling. If I stop here, I feel like it would break... My soul will break.

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:36 am

She was one of the few people that really gave me a chances when I started, as being the awkward guy I am, at first, she went along with it. That to me is a definition of a true friend and a noble soul that would rather love all than hate all in a world where trust is a hard thing to come by. She always presented herself as small, but we all know her as someone that had a huge impact is most of the lives here. She was an inspiration in being one of the toughest and strongest person I know and no one could diminish it in anyway. She embraced everything about herself, both the bad and the good, and with that, I had instantly the most utmost respect for her in that she lived life as one should. I still can't believe this is happening. I really don't want to. But she is in a better place, and I'm happy to have gotten to know her, laugh with her, have ton of the most weirdest conversations with that I will never forget. This is just so unfair, because she was the type of person that would work towards cheering others up over her own needs, taking the time to sympathize with them, and making them laugh, and this should never happen to such a great and wonderful person. Brody, you will be missed. This place will not be the same without you, and in the time where I was down in my deepest lows, knowing there were others that share that same pain, but you of all people, with the fighting spirit, passion, and drive to bring just about anything from others, I'm blessed to have met you, and it's really a shame I never got to tell you how much you affected me as a person beyond this fed. Thank you, Mavis. You were truly an angel among humans and the most wonderful friend anyone can ask for.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:36 am

Can't think of any long words right now. For someone who always closes off and distant towards some of people like myself, this news really hurts me. We rarely talk but she was so kind to me.

Deep condolences from me, I hope for the family that she left can be given a strength to go through this. Brody is our family too, so let's hope she can rest in her last place in peace.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Axl Willow

Axl Willow

Hailing From : Bunker Hill, Illinois.

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:38 am

I have no words... I was so close with her. This hurts so bad, one of the good ones in this world is gone. Truly a perfect soul, rest easy.
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:49 am

An incredibly kind and considerate soul. Countless times over the last year, year and a half we spoke about graphics and she always seemed to have a genuine passion for it. She reached out to me during a tough period last year, around this time, and it truly helped me. I'll miss her, we will all miss her; chat won't ever be the same. There were so many people here that were well close to her, spoke to her every day and for hours on end. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

I've caught myself up in some petty bullshit lately, caring too much about some fictitious thing. But this just brings everything back to reality.

It's something I don't feel comfortable saying given we just don't know everything, but if it was depression then please, speak up. As others have said not just today but always, this place is an escape from our lives and there's no better place than to open up. I've lost too many people close to me because they didn't speak up but also been able to hold onto many more because they did.
Back to top Go down
Lars Grier
Voltage
Voltage
Lars Grier

Hailing From : Places

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 12:53 am

I just don't know what to say. I barely knew her for a year, and yet I felt we grew so close in that time. I'll miss everything about you, Brody. Your mannerisms, your gifs, your lingo and humor.

Everything.

I hope you find solace, wherever you are right now. Rest in Peace.
Back to top Go down
Shaker Jones
Voltage
Voltage
Shaker Jones

Hailing From : Canada

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 1:04 am

RIP Mavis
Back to top Go down
Amani
Empire
Empire
Amani

Hailing From : Chiraq

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 1:09 am

Brody loved this song (and band). Idk who I'm gonna talk about all my interests with now..
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
Empire
Empire
Aria Jaxon

Hailing From : Sparks City, California.
Status : Wanna seize the throne, but what would you do with all that control?

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 1:17 am

I've done my fair share of crying tonight. My heart hurts and I don't think I've totally come to terms with everything that I've just lost. My friend is gone and it feels like it's taken the wind out of my sails. This isn't fair. She came to EAW only six months after I did, and liked to joke that I "dragged" her here. The majority of my time in feds across the board, she's been somewhere around. We spent so much time together. I'm having trouble grappling with exactly what's happened. EAW lost something major. The world lost somebody magical. Somebody selfless, sweet, and who reminded me to lighten up and not take shit so seriously. It's painful.  

She went through her fair share of personal issues, some well documented through conversations she had with people here, some not. I feel like she was so much stronger than she realized. She took on so much more responsibility than any 23-year-old should have to. She was her family's anchor. Her family members could lean on her, especially her mom. I can't even imagine what she's feeling right now. She was always putting people before herself, and that extended into her efed life as well. So many of us here knew what it was like to be rooted for by her and to have her send a positive word in our direction regarding the trajectory of our imaginary "careers" here. We lost a light. We lost a beacon of joy, positivity, and blunt honesty. My life won't be the same. I'm blessed to have had her in my life and it was an honor to call her my friend. She made everything fun and I'll miss that so much.

I hope you all know what you meant to her. She loved being here. She loved having this creative outlet and distraction. She was so happy to be here and to rub shoulders with you all, working with you, and interacting with you. Please hang onto that. If you ever wonder how you can pay tribute to her, the best way to do that is just to be a little more unapologetic. Be goofy, be genuine, be happy, crack those extra jokes. Embody the joy that she so often bestowed upon all of us and brought into our lives. 

Mavis, know that I love you dearly and that will never change. I already miss you terribly and I hope you've found peace. God only takes the good ones and I know you're up there now spilling tea with the angels. I know how much you missed your dad and now, you can see him again. Rest easy, babe. We'll see each other again one day.
Back to top Go down
Cameron Ella Ava
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cameron Ella Ava

Hailing From : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 1:17 am

When I returned to the chat for Road to Redemption, the first person to PM me was Brody. She told me how she was flattered and star struck that I believed she was great. Brody was great in my eyes. She was a talented promoter. The more I began to socialize with her, I began to realize how great of a person she was. Her slang like "mess", "sis" and "end it" was so hilarious. She could say any phrase and it would catch on with the community so quickly. It blew my mind how much of an influencer she became around the community. She was one of the funniest girls I will ever know. I love how much she would stick up for Senn if anyone shade him. She really cared and adored him like she did with all of us. It was truly an honor to face her at Pain for Pride. She always told me that her and I would get the feud we both desired. In some way, we did and she helped Consuela develop into her character. Brody helped me get out of my shell. She didn't care that I was strange or weird. She helped me embrace my flaws and whatnot. She was fearless and not afraid to say what was on her mind. She would be real with you if you asked for it. Brody was an amazing friend to me. I adore her to pieces. I just hope that she's in a better place now.

I've been crying for a while now and this really pains me. Brody, sleep well, my angel.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 1:26 am

I'll have something prepared for my thoughts on Brody/Mavis whom I've gotten to know outside the fed. I just...need to process this for a while.
Back to top Go down
Rex32
Showdown
Showdown
Rex32

Hailing From : Sea,Isle New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 2:25 am

This is beyond words, I don't know what to say. Very saddened at the moment. Take care Brody, wherever the afterlife may take you.
Back to top Go down
Ollie

Ollie

Hailing From : Spokane, Washington

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 2:37 am

Just talked to Brody for for the first time on Discord the other day. Such a nice person to talk to. So sorry to everyone in this community who was close to Brody suffering such a tragic loss.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Senn
Dynasty
Dynasty
Jacob Senn

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 2:44 am

I honestly wish that I had something to say, but I'm just at a loss of words. There's so much that I want to say right now. All I can say is that I feel like my heart was just ripped out of my chest. We had gotten so close to where every single day, we were talking about something. I was even attempting to get her involved in Game of Thrones to where we could have even more to talk about, but now I'm just hurt and numb. These past couple of years have been so rough for me considering I had lost my mother and grandfather and Brody was part of that support system to where I had someone to talk to without judgment. I'm going to miss her flirtatious comments that always seemed to make me blush and laugh at the same time, the humor that she had that would brighten any moment of my day just talking to her, but I feel that it has just gotten darker with this one. Ken had always joked about us being a couple on xat and when it happened, we just started talking together and the next thing I knew, we had gotten close to where I trusted her just as much as my best friends here in EAW.

I'm going to miss my xat wife as she was the angel that everyone says she is, one of the biggest hearts as a person and in this community, and a beautiful woman that always supported me among others. I can only imagine what her mother must be going through and how soul-crushing that this must be for her. I just hope that if there is a better place, Brody has been able to find it. A place where she didn't have to stress about where she was in life or any of the drama that she might have gotten wrapped up in. May she have the rest that only the best of this world can have and ease everyone that struggles with the loss that she will have in this community and her family through this tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 3:26 am

If there's anything I can say about Brodyboo is that she was an absolute pleasure to meet and get to know over our friendship. We joined with only a couple weeks or so in separation, the only ones in our class of rookies. She was someone I could talk to about anything really, she became one of the reasons I want switch back to Asuka because we joked about using every single Asuka and Alexa pic in some way. She always was a joy to be around and in the year plus that I have had the honor to call her Boo, we both supported each other even though we started in the worse way possible. Then the week of Shock Value 2016 came around and we promoed. I got to see this amazing person showcase her amazing talent as a writer. She was incredible... That was my first reaction to her promo, and that match was what made me like promoing for Azumi again. She made me forget about my frustration and the little bit of bitterness and she was amazing at making me push myself to the absolute best. Sine then she would become one of the biggest supporters of mine and I never got to the chance to tell her thanks for that. I'm going to miss everything that made her who she was. Her signature words like "Mess", "sis" and "end it". I'm going to miss her amazing taste in music, her stubborn but yet passionate way to make herself stand out. I'm really going to miss everything about you, boo. We all will! Everyone on Empire will miss the greatest best friend anyone can ask for.

Thank you so much for everything that you told me. Thank you for being a support when. I needed it the most,  for every single compliment, for being that one best friend that will be don't think will ever be replacable Rest in peace, Boo. Keep being amazing even during your time over at the Afterlife.
Back to top Go down
Tarah Nova
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tarah Nova

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 4:39 am

I am truly at a loss for words over all of this...Brody and I had a very bumpy relationship at first after some petty shit that went down last Nov but happily, we started to get closer again.  Brody and I finally hit a new level of friendship and she even began to become a part of the small family that I have here in EAW. Brody was Amazing. She was, in a way, Pure. She was smart, funny and loyal to her large circle of friends. She made EVERYONE, new and old,  feel special. She was just such a caring person who never should've left this world so young. Brody was truly the spark of Empire and more importantly, Brody was and will forever be the Spark of EAW.  I'm truly going to miss her randomly coming into our group, going off about some odd shit and me having to come in; saying: "BB. Think of Senn and his John Deere Tractor." and she'd laugh and always pop back with a "You Right". It was N E V E R boring when she was in group and I truly don't know how we will get over this loss....But she wouldn't want us to cry for her, no. She'd want us to remember all the memories we shared with her and all the dirty jokes too. Now all I can think about is her sitting on heaven, looking down on us and spilling ALL our tea to the Angels around her. I would bet money on that. heh. 

Anyway, sadly tonight/this morning we pour one out to The Spark the lit EAW, a fellow Angel Of Anarchy and most of all, Our Brody Fucking Sparks. 

So rip, Mavis. Your Spark will never leave us. xoxo
Back to top Go down
Ryan Wilson

Ryan Wilson

Hailing From : Montreal, Quebec, Canada

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 5:00 am

Oh damn that's... Oh no... Sad 
I don't know what to say, I mean me and her didn't really talk with me being new around here and all. But I can tell she was very appreciated around here, I know I liked her promos, I had a feeling she was a nice person behind the keyboard.

This makes me feel sad.
May she rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
Harvey Yorke
Voltage
Voltage
Harvey Yorke

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling EmptyOctober 27th 2017, 6:28 am

Mavis, Mavis, Mavis. You leave me at a loss of words. Ironic, because I can't stop myself from reaching out to you where ever you may be now--I hope that you can hear me through my frustration, my sadness, my sorrow. You were the first person I got to properly know ever since I came back to efedding two years ago. Since then, our bond has grown closer, tighter. And I couldn't be anymore grateful for that. It is because of that, I not only considered you my friend, but my sister. A sis I could always talk to, no matter how extra and messy I was being. You understood me.

Brody Sparks may have been a character, or an alter ego, but her name couldn't be more fitting. You lit up my world like no one else. Whether it be you calming me down from an anxiety attack, or blessing the trio chat with your robotic voice, you always found a way to brighten my day. "One Spark Can Ignite the World" was a mantra that transcended beyond the realm of efedding, and into the real world. I hope that you see just how much of a great impact you made in this community. You were never alone. The sparks always flew high above the sky, whether you knew that or not.

One day, we're laughing the night away. The next, we say goodbye - only to find out that it would be for the last time. You were a real, genuine friend to me, Mavis. And you still are. Time couldn't ever break us. I hope that you know that, just because you're gone from the physical world, doesn't mean I or any other one of your friends have forgotten about you. You always wanted to leave an impact.

I'm so, so glad to have known you--as a friend, as your sis. On that day one ish.

I adore you, always and forever. I only hope that you find your inner peace. And if you're willing, look after me just as you have when you were still here on earth. We said we'd meet up one day in New York, but I'm willing to wait a lifetime to meet you once again. Until then, I'll carry our memories, our thoughtful conversations, our slang everywhere I go. Te amo.

-J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling   RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP to Mavis “Brody Sparks” Sterling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next