Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Is body shaming an actual thing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? Empty
PostSubject: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 25th 2017, 4:13 am

Or is the very idea that we shouldn't criticize unhealthy body types bullshit?
Back to top Go down
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tyler Parker

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 25th 2017, 5:08 am

I think we shouldn't be so fucking sensitive.
Back to top Go down
Amani
Empire
Empire
Amani

Hailing From : Chiraq

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 25th 2017, 7:54 pm

Yes in some cases but also we shouldn't encourage people who are morbidly obese or anything. That is unhealthy. If they know its bad and don't want help then that's their problem. If a girl is a little chubby I'm not gonna say anything bad about her, not gonna say someone looks like they need a sandwich, or any of that crap, though. That's just rude and unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 25th 2017, 8:00 pm

This is an interesting question. So, in my opinion here's how to break it down.

There is, like feminism, two version of this. 

Body Shaming (true) which is the idea that if someone doesn't fit the 'standard unit of beauty' that is 'acceptable' they should be shunned, mocked, bullied, or ignored. This can be used to either call out people that are 'chubby' or 'too thin' or guys that don't have enough muscle, or are 'husky' as not being the right type. 

Then there is Body Shaming (fuck them). This is where people that are clinically obese or are severely underweight to the point that it is killing them believe that they are being 'shamed' for people telling them to seek help. 

Body shaming is an actual thing, it's been a thing for years it just now has a name. Don't forget, there are also people that are fucking idiots that want to believe themselves to be victims, instead of being smart and trying to fix themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sir Killian Charlamagne
Dynasty
Dynasty
Sir Killian Charlamagne

Hailing From : Camelot, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 25th 2017, 8:04 pm

When it's an unhealthy point they really should seek some sort of health. Also, stop eating fast food all of you seriously that shit is just disgusting and will fuck you up worse than weed ever will.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 25th 2017, 8:10 pm

Yes cuz you can easily shame someone for their body. Idk if you should or not.

I mean if you got a fat ass friend you should prolly try to help them lose weight if you care about them. Like I know some people want to pretend morbidly obese people are perfectly fine when it's really not healthy at all and they really should do something about it. But I don't really think shaming is necessary unless they are that case where they actually need to get an ego check. But like don't deny it either. If someone's fat say they fat don't sugar coat it cuz they'd eat that too.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 25th 2017, 8:59 pm

I think the core idea in preventing body shaming is that no matter how healthy an individual can be, there are some things about your body that can never really be changed. Someone's "healthy weight" can look dramatically different on one person compared to another. You might naturally build up more fat in your legs than anywhere else, so even if you're slightly overweight, you become insecure because your legs look obese to you. The idea is to accept these things that can't be changed or aren't necessarily important to be changed. I believe there are even some studies now that indicate a possible positive effect in living at your "happy weight" instead of your "healthy weight". This "happy weight" isn't necessarily being obese, but factors in a weight that is comfortable enough for you to live your life the way you'd like to live it.

I think the issue with many people that preach against body-shaming is that they see it as an all-inclusive deal. While I'm not sure it's actually dangerous to actively accept various body types, I do think that it's important to stress that all of us can benefit from accepting who we are before realizing the benefits of improving. Striving toward a perfect self--physical or otherwise--can be dangerous because it's an insatiable desire. That all being said, I think that preventing body shaming is a good thing because it pushes the idea of accepting yourself even though you're different. 

People, and girls especially, get caught up in wishing they looked like someone else. It prevents them from living their lives with the mindset they strive to have. I'll tell you right now that yeah I might be overweight and slightly crooked teeth and can't grow a mustache for shit, but even if I got into P90X shape, got invisalign, and took rogaine for my upper lip, I still wouldn't look like as Ryan Gosling. The core's self acceptance. Learn to accept yourself. Then the rest becomes easier.

[We now return to the regularly scheduled program, "Drastik Trolling on the Forum"]

Fucking #triggered
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 26th 2017, 3:02 pm

Yup.  It used to fall under the standard classification as 'bullying' but people like to carve their own niche out these days and feel more victimized than they really are.  Should people toughen up about the verbal slings and barbs of internet strangers and verbally abusive peers? Absolutely.  I've been called 'four-eyes', 'tumor boy', 'blindey', 'revenge of the nerds', 'urkel' (pet name my dad gave me in the 90's), 'loser', 'fag', 'honky', 'retard', and 'tons of fun' (by my older brother, along with a few other insults regarding my fluctuating weight).  Guess what? I haven't parted my hairline with a revolver or brushed my teeth with a shotgun yet, and I've only been in therapy once, when I was a kid, post-brain surgery to 'cope' with things.  There's a good chance that since I've made it out of childhood and adolescence intact that I probably wont end up dead or on a couch.  Why? Because I've heard worse.  I've heard more inventive insults, and I've told off people for being unimaginative pricks before when all they can say is 'you're a retard'.  Call me something insulting that I've never heard before or don't bother insulting me.  It's just lazy.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 26th 2017, 9:53 pm

Depends on how and why it's being done
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Voltage
Voltage
Finnegan Wakefield

Hailing From : Great Britain (actually Australia)

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 26th 2017, 11:01 pm

Our bodies produce poop. We all have gross bodies. Poop is gross.
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 26th 2017, 11:01 pm

It seems like doctors have given up on telling patients they're fat, at least in some cases. A module we had to do at the hospital suggested avoiding that topic with patients because there'd be a chance they'd be afraid to seek out any healthcare provider because healthcare providers told them that they're fat and out of shape. Sadly, I don't think that module's wrong. I've seen people talk about "the way their body grew" (a valid excuse to an extent, but it doesn't justify eating like shit) instead of seeking change. Talk about getting soft in more than one way.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? EmptyJanuary 26th 2017, 11:33 pm

I find the idea of shaming being something inherently evil ridiculous in the first place. If you're a doctor yeah you should tell people what's up. As for regular people, do as you please, though yeah I guess it is jerk like, but no one says you aren't allowed to be a jerk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is body shaming an actual thing?   triggered - Is body shaming an actual thing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is body shaming an actual thing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1