Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Ideas for writer's block  SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Ideas for writer's block  SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Ideas for writer's block  Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Ideas for writer's block  Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Ideas for writer's block  Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Ideas for writer's block  Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Ideas for writer's block  Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Ideas for writer's block  Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Ideas for writer's block

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThatChapChristo
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThatChapChristo

Hailing From : Buffalo NY

Ideas for writer's block  Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  EmptyOctober 20th 2016, 9:01 pm

Hey friends! I have to ask what do you guys do when you have writer's block? mostly because I have my general idea for Mortimer's introduction promo but I can't get the dialogue train moving.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  EmptyOctober 20th 2016, 9:08 pm

Things I tend to do is consider some scenarios to put the character in for them to react to.  I've also become quite the secondary character slut since joining in EAW.  Giving a character someone to bounce dialogue off of sometimes helps and develops the character's speaking voice.

Outside of that, maybe watch to some promos from wrestlers that influence your character, listen to some music that helps your creative juices flow, or simply do something else to take your mind off of things until you're ready to come back to the task as a clean slate without inhibitions.  I think the biggest thing though is to not pressure yourself when you don't really feel like writing.  Let the moment come to you where you know what to say, how to say it, and can't wait to put pen to pad.
Back to top Go down
ThatChapChristo
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThatChapChristo

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  EmptyOctober 20th 2016, 9:14 pm

I have been kinda eager to show my stuff but perhaps it's best if I don't rush.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke_Toriyama

Yusuke_Toriyama

Hailing From : Okinawa, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  EmptyOctober 20th 2016, 9:47 pm

You know who your character is, what he does and why.
Set a scenario that shows him living the example.
"A Gentleman", how does he act such and in what situations does he show that? Is it in situations that typically people do not act that way, showing extraordinary actions from the character? Does he show them in environments that cater to his own fancy, separated from the regular social norms? 
That shows the context of how the gimmick comes across.

How would your character act accordingly regarding the events of today? A topic familiar with the audience is easy to connect to and explain who and how this person is who they are.
Back to top Go down
HoffNostalgia

HoffNostalgia

Hailing From : New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  EmptyOctober 20th 2016, 9:51 pm

Think of movies, tv, books, entertainment or interest of any kind, make sure it fits your character and use it to drive home a point about your opponent. Hopefully after that it will start flowing. Think of past experiences or what you would have liked to say to some people. That can lead to some interesting material. Just a few of my tricks for what it is worth.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  EmptyOctober 20th 2016, 10:05 pm

Smoke some weed, unless you a pussy
Back to top Go down
Keelan
Voltage
Voltage
Keelan

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  EmptyOctober 20th 2016, 10:10 pm

Methuselah wrote:
Smoke some weed, unless you a pussy

Listen to your boss. Do what he says.
Back to top Go down
ThatChapChristo
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThatChapChristo

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  EmptyOctober 20th 2016, 10:21 pm

Thanks for all the advice chaps.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  EmptyOctober 21st 2016, 4:41 pm

Sometimes you have to go back and remeber what the root of the character is, other times I find that when I re read something I figure where to go next with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for writer's block    Ideas for writer's block  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for writer's block

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1