Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Some of you may have already seen this coming. SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Some of you may have already seen this coming. SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Some of you may have already seen this coming. Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Some of you may have already seen this coming. Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Some of you may have already seen this coming. Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Some of you may have already seen this coming. Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Some of you may have already seen this coming. Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Some of you may have already seen this coming. Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Some of you may have already seen this coming.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

Some of you may have already seen this coming. Empty
PostSubject: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 6th 2016, 10:31 pm

I rarely get this serious about anything on this site but I've bitten my tongue on the subject for far too long and I think it's time to shed some light on the situation.

Simply put, a selection of people on here needs to know when enough is enough. I'm not going to point fingers here because those people know exactly who they are. Ever since coming back, I've had no shortage of people joking about ISIS and the stereotype that the group represents Islam, which couldn't be more wrong, be it around me or directed towards me- the latter being the usual case. At first though it kinda' stung, I let the references slide because they were perceived by whoever said them as a "joke" and I didn't want to bring their mood down. But as days roll by, these "jokes" grow more and more repetitive and even worse, more personal. Now, people find it funny and normal to post pics of ISIS and stamp my name on them saying stuff like "This is how Rami does this" or "This is how muslim people do this" and I've become less receptive and more ticked off about it. But, I still didn't let it out. Instead, I kept biting my tongue at every insult that others seeked a good laugh out of. The last straw however, was tonight. I was in a chat jamming like a dozen of people and all of the sudden, half of them attack me with— you guessed it, ISIS references. It was bad enough that membered trolls were doing it, but even the owners joined in on the "fun".

It's become a daunting task for me to get on chat hoping to have fun and chill only to get my religion and everything I was born and raised to tained by comparisons with a group of disgusting extremists that already shame us all as it is. Don't get me wrong tho, I know some of you still perceived those references and whatnot for mere jokes that aren't intended to dig deep; that's why I made this thread to begin with. I don't want to hold a grudge for any of yall and I certainly don't want to hate or even dislike any of you, you're some of the coolest and funniest chaps that I met and that's a fact. 

I'm only asking you to respect my limits. I'm not telling you to stop hating ISIS either, FUCK 'EM! I just don't want to be in the crosshair of an argument or a "joke" linking them filthy scumbags to the religion that defies every crime that they've committed. If you can't do that, then at least don't do it when I'm online. That's simple enough, right? Thank you and advance and I sincerely hope this doesn't get viewed the wrong way.

Last edited by Carson Ramsay on February 6th 2016, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 6th 2016, 10:37 pm

Ye I'm sure this will stop about the same time people stop taking shots at my heritage and culture.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Minns

Thomas Minns

Hailing From : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 6th 2016, 10:37 pm

don't bomb me pls
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 6th 2016, 10:44 pm

And everybody in the e-fed makes jokes about Senn being a redneck, inbred, a racist because he's a white guy in deep south.

Anybody who's black gets black jokes.

TLA, Cam, any mexican get mexican and border hopping/mowing lawn jokes.

Aren gets Native American jokes.

English people get English/inbred jokes.

Hell you were making constant jokes about Minns being a pedophile like Eden earlier.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 6th 2016, 10:56 pm

Alright Rami, I will respect your request and disallow Muslim/ISIS jokes on you. 

Just remember though that if you start attacking nationalities, races or joke about personal stuff I'll hold you completely accountable. Tolerance is a two way street.
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 6th 2016, 11:13 pm

reported for being an isis sympathiser.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 6th 2016, 11:17 pm

I somehow kind of expected this.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 6th 2016, 11:52 pm

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Alright Rami, I will respect your request and disallow Muslim/ISIS jokes on you. 

Just remember though that if you start attacking nationalities, races or joke about personal stuff I'll hold you completely accountable. Tolerance is a two way street.

God has spoken.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 12:11 am

White people aren't good at telling jokes without being offensive.
Back to top Go down
Amadeus
Voltage
Voltage
Amadeus

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 12:14 am

Let trolls be as trolls are.  It's what they do, and I have yet to find a way to make them stop.  They're on taboo like flies on shit.  You let them get under your skin and they'll continue to pick at you till you're nothing but bones.  Is it right for someone to make fun of your race/religion/orientation/movie preferences?  No.  Can anyone make them stop?  No.  It's a condition that comes with the anonymity of the internet.  If you met, person to person, would they be as crass, seeing you as a person rather than an avatar?  Probably not.  But it's that disconnect that comes this type of medium that causes some people to lose all sense of human decency.  Rami, I sympathize with you, and I understand that it must be difficult to hear harsh words against your culture.  But when you're swimming in the internet pool, you have to accept that some kids will be pissing in the water.

Best advice I can give to anyone who gets offended by trolls: ignore them, their opinions are insignificant in the long run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 12:47 am

>Makes jokes himself
>gets offended when others makes jokes

:guy:
Back to top Go down
Bhris Elite
Voltage
Voltage
Bhris Elite

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 12:50 am

Ah man.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 1:19 am

I apologize if I've ever offended you since I don't like harming others in any way, let alone those in the EAW community, just sometimes these jokes just happen to amuse me, but clearly it bothers you more than it amuses me so its not worth it(not that I think I'm at the top of the list of people who make those jokes-I certainly don't make pic edits-, but I know I'm part of it.)
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 2:07 am

:salute:
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 6:45 am

So you can make jokes about me and other ppl but we can't joke about you?
Back to top Go down
Blaise Hunter

Blaise Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 8:07 am

I have mixed feelings about this thread, tbh. Sometimes people do get carried away, Rami, and that's understandable. But if you look at this outside of just you, you'll see that EVERYONE gets joked about. Even the writers. There comes a time when, if people continue and you're getting irritated, to just ignore it or just go along with it. I used to get so pissed when people would talk shit about me and nothing would get done about it, but then I realized there's no point in getting mad or upset about it. It's the internet, who cares who says what on an efed to you. Make jokes back at someone, have fun. Don't take everything to heart like I used to. The second you stop doing that, you'll enjoy yourself even more. Trust me, I've been through it a few times now.
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 8:11 am

Lucian Black wrote:
I knew these type of comparisons were gonna ensue sooner or later. That goes for this as well as Demon's two comments. I know that I joke around ridiculously alot but I never picked on someone for their race or nationality unless they've given me a reason to, which is mostly them doing the same to me. Besides, I don't want to come off as somebody needing special treatment in the lines of offense, but I'm literally the only man of my kind here religion-wise and whatnot. And keep in mind, being called a racist or a pedo pales in comparison with having your name linked to ISIS, by almost everybody; trust me I'd know, since I've been called all three— in a "joking" matter of course.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 8:48 am

Carson Ramsay wrote:
Lucian Black wrote:
And keep in mind, being called a racist or a pedo pales in comparison with having your name linked to ISIS

:comeon:
Back to top Go down
Thomas Minns

Thomas Minns

Hailing From : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 9:20 am

Carson Ramsay wrote:
Lucian Black wrote:
I knew these type of comparisons were gonna ensue sooner or later. That goes for this as well as Demon's two comments. I know that I joke around ridiculously alot but I never picked on someone for their race or nationality unless they've given me a reason to, which is mostly them doing the same to me. Besides, I don't want to come off as somebody needing special treatment in the lines of offense, but I'm literally the only man of my kind here religion-wise and whatnot. And keep in mind, being called a racist or a pedo pales in comparison with having your name linked to ISIS, by almost everybody; trust me I'd know, since I've been called all three— in a "joking" matter of course.
You can't pick and choose what you're offended by just because it relates to you.
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 9:44 am

Thomas Minns wrote:
Carson Ramsay wrote:
Lucian Black wrote:
You can't pick and choose what you're offended by just because it relates to you.
Oh, so I'm supposed to sit around watching my religion and culture being tarnished in front of me and not at least voice my opinion about it? Nah fam. Insult me as a person all you like, cuss the living shit out of me for all I care, but don't stress on the one of the most wrongful stereotypes to ever befall a selection of people. That doesn't only go for muslims, but it goes for other religions and races out there as well.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 10:33 am

I gotta say I find this thread extremely offensive when the entire basis of your argument that you deserve special protection on chat, is because your stereotype is somehow more offensive or wrongful than anything any "other religions and races" have had to endure.
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 11:00 am

TLA wrote:
I gotta say I find this thread extremely offensive when the entire basis of your argument that you deserve special protection on chat, is because your stereotype is somehow more offensive or wrongful than anything any "other religions and races" have had to endure.
I clearly stated otherwise in the comment above you, but to each their own. If that's the way you perceive it, then I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 11:13 am

Carson Ramsay wrote:
TLA wrote:
I clearly stated otherwise in the comment above you, but to each their own. If that's the way you perceive it, then I'm sorry.

It really wasn't clearly stated. That's definitely what it sounded like you were saying. Just don't act like you got it worse here than everyone else cuz you don't.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 11:43 am

To be honest, whether we agree with Rami or not he does have a right to at least ask people to stop joking about something that offends him and would probably offend most people in his shoes. Like, sure he jokes around too, and he's not saying to not joke with him, but if one particular subject hits too close too home it's perfectly reasonable to ask people to stop becsuse you dont know what people are really going through. 

I mean its easy to joke abous ISIS when youre living somewhere that's hardly effected by ISIS in any way. But Ive seen Rami (not tryna throw your business out there) say how ISIS directly impacts his life in his neighborhood and his country in crazy ways, and Ive seen him express personal fear for his own safety and anger about it. I agree that it is the internet and you are prone to hazing but in a community limits have to be set cause you just dont know what people are going through. So it's fair if he wants to set up that boundary because it's a touchy subject for him. There are just boundaries, and we all have a right to set up boundaries. So any further ISIS banter being thrown in his face will be considered harassment. I do not like policing people so just let this one go guys.
Back to top Go down
Beretta

Beretta

Hailing From : Boston

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. EmptyFebruary 7th 2016, 12:39 pm

Lock this post and put an end to it already...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of you may have already seen this coming.   Some of you may have already seen this coming. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some of you may have already seen this coming.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next