Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Are you for or against gun control in the US?  SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Are you for or against gun control in the US?  SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Are you for or against gun control in the US?  Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Are you for or against gun control in the US?  Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Are you for or against gun control in the US?  Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Are you for or against gun control in the US?  Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Are you for or against gun control in the US?  Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Are you for or against gun control in the US?  Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Are you for or against gun control in the US?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

Are you for or against gun control in the US?  Empty
PostSubject: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 7:46 am

Why or why not?
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 8:03 am

I'm for gun control, but there already IS gun control in the United States, and in the places where gun control is the most strict "coincidentally" gun violence is the most out of control. That's why I feel like the rally for gun control nationwide is a pipe dream. That's not going to change the mentality of this country, and I think too much energy is being wasted on the issue of legislative matters of dealing with gun violence rather than the social, socio-economical and psychological state of our gun culture.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 3:27 pm

Neither. There is no such thing as gun control because violence cannot be controlled.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 4:03 pm

TLA wrote:
Neither. There is no such thing as gun control because violence cannot be controlled.
Couldn't have said it any better.
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 5:06 pm

Even as a Republican, I'm for increased measures of gun control. It probably helps that I don't own a gun myself, and don't plan on buying one because I neither hunt nor have a desire to be a vigilante.

While I agree with the common argument that gun violence is a result of a culture problem, the first people that need to be turned to for a solution would be the lawmakers. Reducing the number of people who can own guns via whatever method the government can think of may be a hassle, and it may not FIX the culture issue - I mean, this country was founded during a war - but if you want to slowly kill a culture, you decrease its presence in daily life. Wow, that sounded genocidal.

We can start by making rifles much, much tougher to access. I don't have any idea how, but that part isn't so much my problem.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Hailing From : A Con Man Never Wishes To Be Found

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 5:32 pm

But I need my guns in case of a zombie apocalypse.  :kevin:
Back to top Go down
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 6:22 pm

Against, the one thing that pisses me off the most about school shootings is that we act like it's everyday life and just dust it off there shoulder. Yet congress hasn't done shit about it, I feel it's so easy to get a gun these days and it just needs to be an unstable kid to take there parents gun and all hell breaks loose
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 19th 2015, 6:56 pm

I'm against the positions of being for or against gun control.  Both sides of the aisle are too extreme in their wants.  People should be allowed to keep as many guns of any kind that they want, but there should be background checks, and a psych evaluation wouldn't be a horrible idea either. 

None of this would solve every problem, but changing something could be a start, but people are too set in their ways to compromise, to the point that the embellished parody of what either side believes in becomes what they ACTUALLY believe in.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 27th 2015, 11:14 am

I'm against, because I'm a little bit suicidal and Australia's ban on guns makes it less likely for me to die in a blaze of glory/school shooting/gang crossfire.
Back to top Go down
Angel.

Angel.

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 27th 2015, 2:53 pm

It's merely impossible for us to throw away our guns given the population that do possess firearms. Now, the balanced thing we can do is do background checks, felons and ex-cons should not have access to weapons, and many misdemeanors and juvenile crimes should also count against a person's record. Gun education wouldn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
http://rocketcris.tumblr.com/
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 27th 2015, 3:03 pm

TLA wrote:
#TLA4PRESIDENT
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyNovember 27th 2015, 3:45 pm

USA is the GOAT at not using what works in other countries, and even going as far as saying it is impossible.
Back to top Go down
Tylanth

Tylanth

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyDecember 31st 2015, 4:05 pm

Ease up or tighten the vice grip? Well when you look at events through out history many countries have stripped all their citizens with the exception of the military of weapons and that has resulted in genocide of some kind. Japan, Russia, and Germany come to mind.

The U.S. as previously stated was sorted founded as the result of a war. So many people misunderstand the 2nd Amendment as the right to own a gun, but what it is really mean to provide is a militia (ala our National Guard) to rise up against the federal government in a time of need if so needed basically.  No point does it say every citizen is allowed a gun. That amendment is so misconstrued and interpreted to ones own agenda it isn't even funny any more.

Convicted felons are not allowed to "legally" purchase firearms and must obtain them from less "honorable" ways if you will.  Felons are not even allowed to be found with a firearm in their possession or they can actually go back to prison.

The biggest problem with guns in the U.S isn't that we need gun laws/gun control. The issue is that the Media turns it into this big debacle and focus's on the places where shootings take place that prevent a person from carrying a personal firearm of some kind.  If you look at all of the school shootings over the past 20 years, can you honestly say the amount of people that did die, actually would have died, if every "redneck" who hunted deer, and actually understood how to properly use a fire arm had been able to actually bring it into the class? 

When you look at some of the most recent attacks, most deaths happen when people are unarmed. if you look at the attack on a U.S. Military Base in early 2015, minimal casualties occured, because a soldier opened fire and shot the gunman.  Sadly though since he violated the no personal fire arm "law" on the military base he is now facing criminal charges.  As recent as the San Bernardino shooting which was turned into a big deal which involved people who couldn't bring their own fire arms into the place to stop the gunmen.

Want to control gun violence?  My opinion, don't prevent people from carrying into resturants, stores, schools, etc.  In all cases, two or three people with a gun in any of the places that have had massive shootings would have easily been halted if teachers and students of a reasonable age had the ability to properly defend themselves.

I personally could go on about this, but try to avoid politics, because it can really bring the stupid out. But this is just my 2 cents on this topic.  Sorry for reviving a dead topic Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyDecember 31st 2015, 4:11 pm

People should have the right to defend themselves. Banning guns or having stricter gun laws will only hurt the good citizens and people who are responsible with them. A criminal will find a way to get a gun by any means. No law will stop them.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyDecember 31st 2015, 4:23 pm

There was a really hilarious and really enlightening debate on a radio show I listen to called Bennington in regards to gun control.  Sick of the topic, host and legendary radio icon Ron Bennington proposed we start using Star Trek phasers and ditch guns altogether.  It was a silly strawman argument, but it led to a lot of really interesting phone calls, including a man who admitted without intending to that he doesn't feel safe without his gun.  He even trounced the issue of "What if someone has a gun illegally and tries to rob me", his reply was simply "Just hit'em with the phaser, and while he's out, take the gun." What about collectors? Fine, there's a few cool skins coming out for the phaser, including sports teams and other collectible pop culture minutia. This will make guns passe and people wont even want to use them anymore if they have a freaking Star Trek future gun.

As for hunters? Well, there is a switch that switches from 'stun' to 'kill'.

It was silly and actually kind of amusing to see him tie both sides of the fence up with logic knots revolving around 1960's science fiction technology, and that's essentially how I feel about gun control talk.  If I can kill your argument with a glorified stun gun, then there's no argument to be had.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyJanuary 9th 2016, 5:28 am

I can't believe with drones and military equipment that Americans still think they can defeat the government with guns if they went tyrannical. BTW, plenty of governments around the globe these days that don't go tyrannical despite citizens not being crazily armed.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyFebruary 23rd 2018, 9:20 pm

For certain measures of gun control like a ban on AR 15s and weapons of that nature. Against a ban on all guns. For more extensive background checks. Don't own or use guns, personally.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyFebruary 23rd 2018, 9:31 pm

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
I'm for gun control, but there already IS gun control in the United States, and in the places where gun control is the most strict "coincidentally" gun violence is the most out of control. That's why I feel like the rally for gun control nationwide is a pipe dream. That's not going to change the mentality of this country, and I think too much energy is being wasted on the issue of legislative matters of dealing with gun violence rather than the social, socio-economical and psychological state of our gun culture.
Trash response, the only real answer is military occupation and an outright dictatorship. Raid every building and house for guns first, ask questions later.
Back to top Go down
Moongoose McQueen
Voltage
Voltage
Moongoose McQueen

Status : Whether I go or not, I'll die anyway. I have an organ more important than my heart. Although you can't see it, I feel it going through my head down to my feet, and I know it exists within me. It lets me stand on my feet, it lets me walk forward without trembling. If I stop here, I feel like it would break... My soul will break.

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  EmptyFebruary 24th 2018, 1:01 am

Some people should just not allowed to carry guns. If you need to go through a test to get your driver's license, including knowing the rules, actually being able to drive, and holding into account if one can should actually be allowed behind the wheel, (because you know, statistically, cars kill more people than guns)  it really doesn't make much sense that we don't make it a requirement to test people for gun use, make sure they know how to shoot and aim, and taking annuals to see if they are mentally well. It's a lot of work, yes, but if you really want a gun, you work to earn the right to hold it. So rather than actually flat out banning gun use, just make it tougher to get a gun to the point that an 18 year old can't go online and buy a ton of ammo and a gun. 

And the fact that automatic weapons and rifles can be sold legally with ease incredibly stupid. Even gun enthusiasts have gave the proper solution to this by saying the only guns that should be allowed access to the public are those that can fire a a few rounds before requiring reloading. Like literally, just limit a clip to hold 6-10 bullets in the chamber to force them to reload, and essentially give people enough time to stop the assailant. AND ONCE AGAIN, by making it so you have to past a test to prove you can shoot, you shouldn't need so many bullets to defend yourself and your home. Once again, just alter guns that can be sold to limit the amount of shots it can make before it has to reload, and in general, automatic guns should just not be sold to the public. 

This whole debate on gun control is just ridiculous, atleast to the point that people can't even talk about it just to reach a compromise. I'm sure people don't just want to flat out ban guns and take away that right, but the lack of education or sympathy is just what is damn wrong with this country. Japan only has like 10 gun deaths in a year on average, because the entire country agrees that guns are bad, yet people here have to make the argument that guns aren't bad, people are. No shit, sherlock, but by ignoring the problem, bad people are getting the guns and abusing it, and that makes us all look so incompetent that we can't even do proper background checks or limit what arms we can actually sell. Like how many people have to die before we can act like real adults, sit down, and actually try to come to a conclusion, and even not, but atleast try to figure something out. I shouldn't have to live knowing any day, some deranged lunatic with a gun might show up to a school or a fun concert my kid is trying to go to get mowed down. I don't want to be told that these shit just happened, wishing me a prayer, or being told to move on. I don't want to be told that I have a right to be angry or to even forgive. I know something like this will take a long time to get fixed, but is it so damn much to just ask people to atleast try to do something about it? Like it's so damn frustrating that we have atleast almost 23 mass shootings in the 15 years or so, and we have made almost little to no progress on resolving this. It's fuckin' embarassing. The opposition that refuses to do anything about gun control should be ashamed that they are setting us back. I'm literally at the point where I believe that each time a mass shooting like this happens, I'm blaming the gun nuts that allow it to happen, simply because they believe, "Its a real damn shame someone with a gun wasn't there to stop it," when in truth, a gun shouldn't had been around a school ground to begin with, let alone, in the hands of a unstable 17 year old. My hearts will always go out to those that are victims of what I will honestly say, not of malice, but of stupidity.  It really just isn't fair that people have to die just because some people are just so damn pig-headed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you for or against gun control in the US?    Are you for or against gun control in the US?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you for or against gun control in the US?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1