Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Promos after Losing as a Heel SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Promos after Losing as a Heel SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Promos after Losing as a Heel Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Promos after Losing as a Heel Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Promos after Losing as a Heel Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Promos after Losing as a Heel Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Promos after Losing as a Heel Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Promos after Losing as a Heel Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Promos after Losing as a Heel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lumen Gray

Lumen Gray

Hailing From : London, England

Promos after Losing as a Heel Empty
PostSubject: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 4:00 pm

As the title says I am wondering for some advice with how to deal with losing as a heel.

With a face you can either go the "better man won" route or the "I am going to get you next time" or the "heel cheated" route

but as a heel it seems harder when a face wins clean against you as none of those routes fit my character.

Any advice to help me improve

kind regards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 4:07 pm

give the 'art of being a heel' post a read

https://eawnetwork.forumotion.com/t2547-promo-lessons-thread

Anyway, I made sure writing the match to make sure Maria held the ropes while pinning you, so that's essentially your out for losing. It's very easy 'I had that match won, I was gonna kick out and whoop her ass and she had to cheat to beat me! She needed the leverage to beat me, I didn't lose, i don't care what people say! All these vixens need help to beat me because I'm JUST THAT GOOD'

Basically shit like that. Deny you lost, come up with an excuse, you'll always be able to find something.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 4:09 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
give the 'art of being a heel' post a read

https://eawnetwork.forumotion.com/t2547-promo-lessons-thread

Anyway, I made sure writing the match to make sure Maria held the ropes while pinning you, so that's essentially your out for losing. It's very easy 'I had that match won, I was gonna kick out and whoop her ass and she had to cheat to beat me! She needed the leverage to beat me, I didn't lose, i don't care what people say! All these vixens need help to beat me because I'm JUST THAT GOOD'

Basically shit like that. Deny you lost, come up with an excuse, you'll always be able to find something.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 4:11 pm

Lumen Gray wrote:
As the title says I am wondering for some advice with how to deal with losing as a heel.

With a face you can either go the "better man won" route or the "I am going to get you next time" or the "heel cheated" route

but as a heel it seems harder when a face wins clean against you as none of those routes fit my character.

Any advice to help me improve

kind regards
This is actually a good question. Seeing as I have some experience losing as a heel here in EAW, I have a few pointers. Others will probably elaborate further.

1. No matter what, BELIEVE IN YOUR OWN BRAND! Chalk it up to food poisoning, bad luck, inefficient refereeing, ANYTHING you can think of to blame the loss on other than your own failure. You're still the fucking man/woman/champion (even if you don't have the belt) and you know it! One of the most important things about heel characters is you have to believe beyond a doubt you're still best even after a loss.

2. Do NOT congratulate your opponent too much. 

3. Focus on something else. The next match, something that you're irritated about. Anything you want. 

4. Show your character doing something else besides moping. Don't let the loss bother your character too much (leeway given if your character is mentally unstable.) 

5. If all of these other tips fail, beat up innocent bystanders in a promo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 4:11 pm

whoops, just re-read the ending, basically the same thing just with the rights and not the ropes, holding the tights gives you a bigger advantage as opposed to a simple-roll up, wasn't clean and you can just say the same shit i posted just replaced roeps with tights
Back to top Go down
Lumen Gray

Lumen Gray

Hailing From : London, England

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 4:39 pm

Thanks Demon will give it a read

Tanks Carlos for some excellent points

The Maria loss was good as that gave me something to work with it also gave me the push to come up with a "morally undefeated" moniker which i really want to explore more but a loss against Tarah on voltage was clean...

Off to do some homework

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 4:51 pm

Right, didn't know you lost clean on votlage, haven't read it ,apology's.

Still though, you have excuses. Tarah's more experienced than you so she has more advantage, you at least put up a fight and goddamn imagine if you can do that to the vixens champion what would you do when you're experienced?

Always try and come up with an excuse to make YOU look better, I never bought into the 'make your opponent look good' mantra, because you need to make yourself look good first and foremost. If you can't think of anything, just move on and forget the match happened, hell pretend it didn't.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 6:27 pm

Heels can always call fluke/shenanigans/cheating/bad reffing.  Anything to protect their ego.  Either way, it's probably best not to harp too long on the fact that you lost.  You're supposed to be a self-absorbed a-hole, and acknowledging trivial things that make you seem less than a god like 'facts' and 'reality' shouldn't hold much water. You can even go into the direction of convincing yourself that you actually won the match in your own perverse way by pushing the goody good to a whole 'nother level, go as far as to claim you're the reason they did so well, or go the complete opposite direction and claim that their winning was your own complete fault for either underestimating or simply slipping up.

Or, if you're a vicious killing machine that took an ass kicking, claim you enjoyed it and will enjoy it even more so when you get to give out the receipt tenfold the next time you get your hands on your former opponent.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 7:18 pm

Whenever I lose as a heel, I spew out any possible excuse I can find. My opponents generally see right through it, but it's all about YOU believing you shouldn't have lost. When I lost at Pain for Pride, even though I was pinned clean as can be, I tried blaming my loss on it being a triple threat match and it wasn't fair that I had to face two opponents when the other champs only had one, etc.

Also, I've had huge clean losing streaks against Devan and Norman, but every time I faced them again I used the excuse "but I beat you when the title was on the line" and "those last wins for you didn't mean anything."

Some times you have to dig deep, but you should always be able to find something to say as why YOU believe you should have won and would have for etc. reasons.
Back to top Go down
Tig Kelly
Dynasty
Dynasty
Tig Kelly

Hailing From : Toronto Canada

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 7:32 pm

I took a loss recently to Carlos actually, as a heel I basically played up the fact that even in my loss I made sure Carlos would remember me forever. I hurt your leg bad, you'll never take a step on it without feeling what I did yada yada yada. Basically I may have been pinned, but I'll be damned if I'll concede to taking the loss overall kind of stuff and it won't hurt me anyways in my hunt to the top. Like others have said, as a heel you need to be a special kind of arrogant that believes you're the best and nothing could have stopped you anyways
Back to top Go down
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 7:43 pm

Perfect timing, I just lost on Voltage to Stark as well
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyAugust 24th 2015, 7:56 pm

It really depends on where you want to go with your character, and how you feel your character should react. As a heel you can ignore all the stereotypes and assumptions people make about alignment, your only goal as far as being a heel is concerned, should be making people hate you. If you lose and admit your loss, this doesn't necessarily make people like you any more. You could portray it as being sarcastic, or depressed over the loss to the point that your character turns into a whiny bitch. Or you can throw out all the excuses in the book, try to look badass and refuse to admit the loss. Maybe losing was all part of your master plan! That works well for a manipulative heel. 

For a heel I almost feel it's much easier after a loss because it's much more the loss that counts rather than what you say. If the villain loses, that's a big deal and it makes the fans(in EAW this would be the other fed members) happy. They want to see you rage and suffer for your actions and this is your chance to give them exactly that. Or if you can deprive them of that victory. Really you can do whatever you want, just keep in mind the goals you have for your character and work towards them. A loss should never be a set back for character development.
Back to top Go down
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptySeptember 2nd 2015, 2:06 am

Two losses in a row and both were in singles matches against Stark and Dark Demon. Former New Breed Champion and Current Hall of Fame champion....help
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptySeptember 2nd 2015, 2:18 am

The Franchise Demon wrote:
Two losses in a row and both were in singles matches against Stark and Dark Demon. Former New Breed Champion and Current Hall of Fame champion....help
oh come on.... it's not a big deal. You still can talk shit because you're a heel. can say Dark Demon is cheating or it's just a luck or something. 

Being a face, and lost three matches in a row and technically unable to advance to the tournament final while you're being a favorite to win the tournament. That needs help for real.

....lol, yeah, I mean seriously, I need help.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptySeptember 2nd 2015, 7:50 am

坂崎ハルナ wrote:
The Franchise Demon wrote:
oh come on.... it's not a big deal. You still can talk shit because you're a heel. can say Dark Demon is cheating or it's just a luck or something. 

Being a face, and lost three matches in a row and technically unable to advance to the tournament final while you're being a favorite to win the tournament. That needs help for real.

....lol, yeah, I mean seriously, I need help.

I barely won shit in my first half year here. You guys are lucky it's not PFP season. Anyway... here's what you should do regardless of if you're a face or a heel.

1. Stay consistent. If you are losing a lot it means the board feels others deserve to win more over you. You have likely either been overlooked, or you need to improve. This is your chance to correct both of those problems and the good news is the solution is the same either way. Prove the board wrong. If you don't know why you lost, ask your writer and they will likely give you advice on how to improve.

2. If your writer tells you your promos are good and you are losing because of storyline then you will have to be patient. Luckily, you're a writer too. Write your own storyline within your promos. It likely won't be referenced on shows, but it will give the writers a better idea of how your character could be used in a future storyline. Saying your opponent or writer isn't giving you any material to promo with is never a valid excuse, you can make your own material.

3. In Haruna's specific case what you have there is a contradiction. Being the favorite to win the tournament, but losing all your matches. That's interesting. Being the favorite to win, and winning everything is boring because it is what's expected. You have a chance to show how your character reacts when thrown out of her element, and when life doesn't go the way she expects. 

4. Try not to mention your losses (or any problems you have with your booking) constantly on chat/forums. If someone brings it up or you talk to your writer about it that's fine, it's good to let them know. Everyone else is just trying to have a good time and this shit really ruins the fun. You will get accused of bitching if you do it enough. Not that either Haruna or FD are doing this, this is just general advice for anyone in their situation. Your goal is to impress people, working on your attitude isn't fun or easy but it is necessary.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptySeptember 4th 2015, 5:31 pm

Heels always come up with excuses as to why their lose doesn't mean anything.  So that's the real key to promoing after you lose as a heel.  Always try to find some way to turn that defeat into meaning something else.  If you can't, then ignore it completely!  The other cool thing about being a heel is that you can contradict yourself as long as it makes sense.  Like for me, I can say... 

"I gave Dynasty a fair shot to survive at PFP."

This obviously contradicts what really happened, but it doesn't matter cuz it makes sense for the feud/angle I'm in right now.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyJanuary 15th 2017, 9:15 am

bump
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyJanuary 15th 2017, 9:22 am

lol when I saw I wrote a long ass rant here over a year ago I thought it was gonna be embarrassing af but I feel it still holds up tbh.
Back to top Go down
True American Tragedy

True American Tragedy

Hailing From : Jacksonville, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyJanuary 15th 2017, 9:36 am

I've lost but four matches here in EAW thus far and honestly it's irritating as fuck as it does make it harder to still be the bad guy however.

1) You're always right; no matter what took place, no matter what you did or said. Your character is right; you can twist it however you like but the end result is that you were in the right, an example of this is that I've been blaming EAW for losses (in character) for a good two months now.

2) Focus on you; say you're a heel and just go on a losing streak, what do you do? Backstory of your character, whilst your losing you might as well show the powers to be what they're missing out on by developing your character. This also can allow you can also be comfortable in your character.

3) Do what I like to call a "Uncle Jimmy" drastically change your character if you feel like it's not working. James Knight went from a druggie, alcoholic to a man obsessed with taking over the world all whilst sticking to the James Knight name.
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel EmptyJanuary 15th 2017, 9:40 am

Can't help, I don't lose as a heel, I'm just too great*

*Minus Road To Redemption
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promos after Losing as a Heel   Promos after Losing as a Heel Empty

Back to top Go down

Promos after Losing as a Heel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1