Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What makes a successful E-Fed SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What makes a successful E-Fed SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
What makes a successful E-Fed Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
What makes a successful E-Fed Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
What makes a successful E-Fed Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
What makes a successful E-Fed Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
What makes a successful E-Fed Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
What makes a successful E-Fed Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

What makes a successful E-Fed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

What makes a successful E-Fed Empty
PostSubject: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 9:28 pm

Like, what would gather so many people to join one e-fed, and what drives so many other people away from it? I think it's an interesting question and I would like to hear everyones thought out input on that subject.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 9:31 pm

Reputation, consistency, activity.

The most important part is community activity/interaction.

Last edited by TRE on June 21st 2017, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 9:31 pm

not being DAF.  :drank:
Back to top Go down
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 9:32 pm

You see Kimbo I had specifically asked for "thought out input." Come back with something that used more than two seconds of a snappy quip please.
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 9:34 pm

Eclipse Diemos wrote:
You see Kimbo I had specifically asked for "thought out input." Come back with something that used more than two seconds of a snappy quip please.
daf sympathizer pls.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 10:00 pm

TRE
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 5:19 pm

StarrStan wrote:
TRE
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 5:26 pm

I think the GM has to know exactly what they want stylistically out of their e-fed, what goals they're going for as far as a thematic type of federation, be it hardcore, old school, shoot, or something completely different.  If they don't have something concrete and eye-catching enough for people to want to be a part of it, or at least understand what's expected of them and an idea as to whether they'll like how things will run, then it's already dead in the water.

After you get a roster, there's a matter of keeping people and sort of building a community around a small hobby project.  By far, EAW's probably done that better than any fed I've ever been in when it comes to things being lighthearted and non-toxic.  Maybe it's because we all have the personality of an asshole and accept the barbs thrown at us mixed with the mutual admiration of one another's work and the willingness to actually help those who ask for it.  Either way, keeping this sort of stasis in an e-fed with three massive and distinct roster splits is pretty incredible.  I've seen other feds cannibalize with mergers, much less brands.  So yeah, weed out the nut jobs and softies, and you have a fairly stable fed base.

After that, it's more or less up to the GM to keep the results in on a moderately reasonable deadline and the fedder's to keep the rp's coming in on a steady flow.  I'd say avoid political slant and hierarchy, but I think that's pretty impossible with fedding, especially in the case of a community like this when fairly renowned people from other e-feds that belong to the same fed circle come in with a reputation that can't be denied.  Case in point, people had a problem with HBB jumping ahead in line a few months back when he came in.  I didn't.  Most rpers who know him don't either.  It's the equivalent of Shawn Michaels (pardon my somewhat literal analogy) jumping to another company and getting pushed to the top of the card.  Why wouldn't any sane person do that?

But yeah, have a compelling idea, build a roster, keep the status quo, and be reasonable when it comes to booking decisions.  That's what e-feds are made out of.  That, and a list of 10 rules that always ends with "Have Fun!"  After reading Vince's commentary manifesto, it makes me wonder if he feds...
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 5:43 pm

Loyalty
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 6:49 pm

Everything. The more everything is top notch the better the efed/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What makes a successful E-Fed   What makes a successful E-Fed Empty

Back to top Go down

What makes a successful E-Fed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1