Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Which Character to Choose? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Which Character to Choose? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Which Character to Choose? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Which Character to Choose? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Which Character to Choose? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Which Character to Choose? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Which Character to Choose? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Which Character to Choose? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Which Character to Choose?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hayden the Kiwi

Hayden the Kiwi

Which Character to Choose? Empty
PostSubject: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 5:55 pm

Hey guys, I am Hayden - will fill out a proper introduction in the right section.

I am keen to set up shop here, but not really sure which character angle to take. I have 4 characters which I could bring here, but looking for some advice as to which direction would fit best -  you guys know the roster and how EAW works better than me. Let me give you a brief rundown.

1 - Hayden HardKore: He has been my main character for more than a decade now. Basically an alter-ego of myself. He is a quick talking, straight shooting kiwi bloke who makes up for what he lacks in size with toughness and heart. Bit of a high flier but loves his deathmatches as well. Alignment: Face

2 - Lux Bellator: The Light Warrior. Found success and loved playing this character in a roleplay fed that recently closed. A religious character, appointed by the Vatican to 'spread light in the darkness'. RPs in the form of parables and biblical references. Alignment: Can be played as either a face or a heel, depending on angle and religious beliefs.

3- Kasabian Stalker: The Pervert. My edgiest character. Would only work here if the rules of the fed allow for more risqué writings. Basically a pervert gimmick with Val Venis as the CB. Lots of Danshoku Dino style moves in his move set. Alignment: Heel/Tweener - People end up liking him because of his antics, or being repulsed by him.

4 - Calvin Lewis: The Epitome of Perfection. A new character than I am fleshing out. A former college football star, who was on the fast track to the NFL when he blew out his knee. After all teams passed him over, he was tossing up between Arena Football and pro wrestling - he chose the latter. Bitter and angry at the world for cheating him of his real chance, his talent is only matched by his bitterness towards the wrestling industry itself. He feels that he is above wrestling and was robbed of the high life. Alignment: Heel

So, what do you thing guys?
What is needed most around here??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:01 pm

I like the perv gimmick mainly because it's something different.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:04 pm

I'd say 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:11 pm

I think the 4th one has the better chance to succeed, equally unique, I prefer the perv one more but it feels like it has a ceiling to it.
Back to top Go down
Hayden the Kiwi

Hayden the Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:19 pm

Thanks guys. Prompt replies always a good sign for efed health.

Stalker is fun to work with but I do end up feeling dirty after a while.

Lewis may be a better long term guy.
Back to top Go down
A-Will

A-Will

Hailing From : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:23 pm

Honestly, just go with the one you feel most comfortable being and promoing as.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Devastation
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Kevin Devastation

Hailing From : Charlotte, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:27 pm

I like option 4, you could go far with it.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tyler Parker

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:30 pm

1, we could use another Face like that and I think you're going to make it so much farther as someone you feel is an extension of yourself. Though I like 3 too, it's something that's different and that's how you're going to separate yourself from everyone else. 4 isn't too bad either but I'd find it boring. At the end of the day though, it's up to you.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Drake

Kevin Drake

Hailing From : Mobile, Alabama

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:40 pm

I agree that option 4 is the way to go for sure.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:56 pm

I'd say 3 or 4. They're both very unique.
Back to top Go down
Brett Kennedy

Brett Kennedy

Hailing From : Around the Corner

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 6:58 pm

you could go with 2 and immediately go into a feud with Franchise Demon. Just sayin'

But, in all honesty, I think 4 has the most potential, but we don't need more people promoing as heels.
Back to top Go down
Hayden the Kiwi

Hayden the Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 7:16 pm

Hmmm. Hayden and Kasabian are better match based.

Lux is mainly a promo based character - a bloody good one.

Calvin could be either.

How do things work round here? Can somebody post a linky to some info I xan read abput the ins and outs of EAW?
Back to top Go down
Kevin Drake

Kevin Drake

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 7:28 pm

As far as I understand it, the writers write the matches for your characters, the winners of which are determined (Partially? Fully? Not sure how that works) by the quality of the promos (Roleplays) that the contestants write. I'm pretty sure that the needs of the story will overcome this, though. For instance, even if you promo better than the other guy, at least from the writer's POV, your character may still lose if the story dictates that.
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 8:07 pm

I think 1 is your best option.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 8:43 pm

Number 1 or number 3.

i say one selfishly, because I could see myself aligning or rivaling a guy like that.

Number 3 because who doesn't love a pervert?
Back to top Go down
Hayden the Kiwi

Hayden the Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 10:46 pm

God... you guys are making it hard lol. They are all fun characters.

If I bring Stalker in then I can also bring in the other half of 'Perverts Anonymous' - F**knuckle the Perverted Clown
Back to top Go down
Ashlynne Black

Ashlynne Black

Hailing From : Ridgeway, Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 16th 2015, 11:06 pm

I would go with the 3rd option. It would be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
Hayden the Kiwi

Hayden the Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 12:07 am

Okay.

Leaning towards 3 or 4 - any further thoughts yall?
Back to top Go down
Hayden the Kiwi

Hayden the Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 12:07 am

Edit: Double post, my bad. Not sure how to delete these yet.

Last edited by Hayden the Kiwi on July 17th 2015, 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kevin Drake

Kevin Drake

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 12:18 am

I've never liked pervert characters. They tend to be incredibly one-note and boring. Just personal preference, but I'd say go for number 4.
Back to top Go down
Bhris Elite
Voltage
Voltage
Bhris Elite

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 12:32 am

1 or 4
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 8:43 am

If I could put my two cents in I would go with either One or Three. In my opinion I feel like all of your characters have equally good chances of succeeding. Mostly because whomever your writer is also have to help get your character over as well. To be honest I don't think there would be any trouble with your writing with your perverted gimmick. But if anyone that's writing your character for like segments or whatever I would probably let DEDEDE handle your segs because he is also a fellow pervert.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 9:50 am

If Joey Ryan is the base you're using for the perv gimmick then go with that one.
Back to top Go down
Hayden the Kiwi

Hayden the Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 17th 2015, 4:38 pm

I usually use Val Venis
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? EmptyJuly 19th 2015, 8:59 am

Both are open if interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Character to Choose?   Which Character to Choose? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Character to Choose?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1