Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

The Rock or Shawn Michaels
The Rock
Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels DyeuwyN27%Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels DyeuwyN
 27% [ 8 ]
Shawn Michaels
Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels DyeuwyN73%Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels DyeuwyN
 73% [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels Empty
PostSubject: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 3:44 pm

Debate is/was going on in chat. Who do yall got?
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 3:49 pm

The Rock, Shawn is a better perfomer but Rock wasn't a self respecting Douchenozzle in real life
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 4:12 pm

Shawn Michaels has the slight edge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 4:31 pm

Shawn Michaels by a fucking mile.
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 5:02 pm

This is NOT nearly as far as a gap as some people say it is. Rock has to be one of the most underated performers in the ring. Plus GoodMicWork made a vid about this possible matchup so check it out. For me these are my two personal favorite wrestlers period. Rock is my pure favorite but even I achknowledge that Shawn is the better of the two, but not by as large of leaps as some will tell you, like the obvious HBK Mark above me  

:young:
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 5:03 pm

Shawn Michaels.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 11th 2015, 5:40 pm

HBK
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 12:09 am

Open and shut case, the only thing HBK is better at is in ring, everything else the Rock has him beat. Let's not forget HBK was on top during one of the weaker eras, while Rock was on top during the strongest.
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 2:27 am

The Rock
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 2:29 am

I love both of them but overall, HBK Shawn Michaels.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 4:24 am

Komodo Dragon wrote:
Open and shut case, the only thing HBK is better at is in ring, everything else the Rock has him beat. Let's not forget HBK was on top during one of the weaker eras, while Rock was on top during the strongest.
So HBK is better in-ring? Gotcha. TRE trying to get more votes for Rock with his misleading title.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 10:48 am

It's hard to say because these two never worked together aside from a couple of irrelevant moments in the Attitude Era when HBK was retired. Rock was one of the main reasons I got into watching WWE in the late 90s while HBK was one of the main reasons I kept watching after Rock left. HBK has the advantage in ring. Overall it's hard to say but in 2002 if I had to choose between HBK returning and The Rock deciding not to go to Hollywood, I would've gone with Rock staying.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 12:02 pm

HBK...hands down
Back to top Go down
A-Will

A-Will

Hailing From : Memphis, Tennessee

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 1:23 pm

HBK all the way. HBK had it all, including charisma even though The Rock had that by a tad bit more than HBK, HBK had all of it which makes him better, especially in-ring.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 1:47 pm

Michael Hickenbottom <<<<<
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 12th 2015, 4:09 pm

all this bias ness going on
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 20th 2015, 11:51 pm

HBK all god damn day
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 21st 2015, 6:33 am

I like The Rock a lot, and this is definitely closer than some would say, but I'd have to say Shawn is the better overall wrestler. The Rock is obviously more high profile outside the ring, but HBK was still wrestling on a fairly frequent basis into his 40's, and better than anyone on the roster at it. Right now, WWE lacks what Shawn Michaels brought them from 2002-2010 more than they lack what The Rock brought them in his last tenure. The Rock is, of course, one of the most charismatic performers of all-time, but HBK is no slouch and I don't feel Rock having the edge in one category should put him over a guy with HBK's longevity and consistent in-ring skill.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 21st 2015, 8:33 am

Rock. Rocks athleticism, for his size, is incredible, always was phenomenal. Other than HBK and Bret he was at third place most athletic. That says a fucking lot. His selling ability rivaled HBKS. HBK was better in ring, but by how much? Most of it was his mixture of submissions and high flying type spots, and he was real good with psychology too. Rock is 6'5 270, he doesnt need to do high flying spots and I admit his submissions were shit

Rocks selling > HBKs to me. Flipping 4 times when you get clotheslined is cool, but Rock is on another level. HBKs better in psychology,and despite what may seem like a demeaning comment before HBK has had incredible incredible showings of selling, but Rocks the consistently better seller. Rocks selling is a combonation of extreme realisticism mixed with over the top ness. He would go over the top for his feircest rivals like SCSA. In the cracks. Rock would act winded. Dumbass wrestling tards think Rock was "winded" against CM Punk. He wasnt. Thats how hes been selling for years, thats how he sellls in MOVIES. Again HBKs selling was amazing but Rock had everything, limp, swagger, presence, making himself look big making himself look small, even microexpressions down to a tee.

On the mic? Theyre not even fucking close. Not even fucking close. Charisma? Marketability? Who was a better face of the company? Again, not even fucking close. WWE skyrocketed when HBK passed the torch, not when he has it. The thread title says "overall", why are so many people ignoring everything other than in ring?

Again, WWE has pumped into your feeble and maleable minds that "so and so" is the greatest of all time. HBK is one of those. And he is one of the GOATS, but they havent given Rocks historic matches with Austin proper attention. Why would they? He split for Hollywood. They celebrate him when hes around, unless he has a super crazy hollywood accomplishment, then they can latch on to him like "look thats OUR guy!" His 5 star matches with Austin and with Brock :whew: his great bouts with the legends of the attitude era, the way he worked soo well, he was soo crisp, rock vs taker vs kurt angle, vengeance 02 :wow: . Again HBK is amazing, one of the goats

Combine everything that it takes, not just in ring even though its most important and you get Rock with the slight slight edge, by a speck.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels EmptyFebruary 21st 2015, 9:24 am

Shawn Michaels. And it's laughable that anyone with that answer gets deemed "biased."

People are trying to act like HBK couldn't cut a promo. Are you kidding me? I know that probably wasn't the intent, but you're telling me Shawn Michaels wasn't amazing on the mic, himself? Wasn't amazing at segment creativity? Let me put it like this...

The Rock might be able to "WOW" people with his promoing style, the type that he just jokes every time his opponent says something, while screaming it. But Shawn Michaels' psychology and logic are vastly better when in a promo battle with an opponent. I'm not going to say HBK is better in this regard, but I am breaking down the promoing elements like what DDD did with breaking down the elements of matches. HBK has a checkmark in both the psychology and logic departments as referenced before (You know, not having to rely on making jokes when in a serious non-title feud.), but also in the diverse sense. Through and through, a lot of the Rock promos are similar, not same, but similar. Where HBK can go from joking with DX, to losing his mind/soul against the Undertaker, etc etc. Where as Rock goes into the same feud with the same mentality, same lines. Granted, those lines are something HBK doesn't have - "Candy ass", "If you smell...", "It doesn't matter what you think" are all iconic one-liners, which is a big time edge to Rock. But they are practically said in the majority of his promos, so that's why HBK gets the diverse checkmark. Shawn Michaels oozes with charisma, but it still doesn't touch Rock's. But depending on the type of feud, I honestly would rather see an HBK promo than a Rock promo. Straight up, Rock is better on the microphone, but it's still about circumstance.

Both guys make the top-5 in WWE/F history, so it literally is splitting hairs. If WWE misses out on just one of these guys, IMO there's a chance WCW might be the company today. So love both, but if you're asking me who is the better overall performer, it has to be Shawn Michaels. There is a bigger gap in Rock-to-HBK's wrestling ability than HBK-to-Rock's promoing ability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels   Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is better overall? The Rock or Shawn Michaels

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1