Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

The Lucha Underground thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 12th 2015, 11:40 am

:lifesgood: Impossible, this bitch Catrina made me pause Lucha Underground and come here when she stepped into the locker room with Fenix, she's just too much lately.

Props to Pentagon Jr, beating up someone relevant this time.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 12th 2015, 2:55 pm

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, both Rey Mysterio and Alberto El Patron have a working deal with Lucha Underground that lock them into deals – likely exclusive deals – should the promotion grow into something more competitive in the U.S. television market. 

One way they’re looking to do this is by taking the Spanish edition of Lucha Underground currently airing on Unimas and make the jump to much bigger Univision channel. There’s been talk of doing this for quite some time but Mysterio and El Patron, who have major star power coming from WWE and who are the two biggest stars in the Mexican market, may be the much-needed catalyst to get the ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 12th 2015, 3:08 pm

Rey and Alberto upping the game for us.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 12th 2015, 4:17 pm

Johnny Mundo was amazing in that cage match, King Cuerno was too.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 12th 2015, 4:28 pm

Even though he lost, I feel like Cuerno became a solidified main eventer tonight.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 12th 2015, 4:31 pm

Cuerno definitely did, he atleast showed me he's capable of putting on a real main event. It could be the fact that Mundo was on his A Game, but the match was fantastic I thought.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 12th 2015, 5:54 pm

No question, King Cuerno is one of my favorite bring overs from AAA.  I love the gimmick, I love his work in-ring, and I've enjoyed both of his feuds the most out of all of the programming so far.  I'm kind of hoping it'll eventually lead down the path of Lucha de Apuestas since he is a trophy hunter, and hunting masks and (I was hoping in Mundo's case) hair, would make him the ultimate rudo in the company.

I also like Pentagon Jr. and Drago, and I think I'm attracted to those three the most is because they tend to bring the intensity that most lucha libre lacks with it's light working and sometimes over-telegraphed spots.  I'm not complaining too much, though, because that is the genre of lucha, but I do personally prefer the stiffer workers.

I think, if I had one reasonable gripe about the program so far, it'd be the treatment of intergender work, especially with a badass like Ivilesse and a legit luchadora like Sexy Star.  My disdain for almost even bleeds over to how they've treated Mascarita Sagrada and Pimpi as well if it weren't for the fact that them getting their asses handed to them lead to one of the few stronger showings from Star.

Besides all of that though, the feuds have been the good, the cinematography has been good enough in the vignettes to get me to care about Big Ryck and view him as a main event force to be reckoned with, and the talent, while on occasions PWG Lite like so many other Cali based promotions, has been exemplary.  Even Konnan and Vampiro have been utilized in a not-so-annoying constructive way.  The show's definitely an alternative in a world of WWEtenders
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 2:06 am

Oh yeah, that casket match was just outstanding.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 2:31 am

The Graves Consequences match was nuts, absolutely bananas. I can't wait for the two championship matches on Wednesday, especially Cage vs Puma.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 12:25 pm

The only thing I've seen of Lucha Underground so far was the show with the Grave Consequences match and I must say, it was a pretty damn good match. Especially when the started fighting throughout the crowd and near the stage. Shit was insane. I'll easily be watching the next show and hopefully learning more about it as I go. That one show pulled me in.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 5:00 pm

Jacob Steele wrote:
The only thing I've seen of Lucha Underground so far was the show with the Grave Consequences match and I must say, it was a pretty damn good match. Especially when the started fighting throughout the crowd and near the stage. Shit was insane. I'll easily be watching the next show and hopefully learning more about it as I go. That one show pulled me in.

Every episode is good/great. I suggest finding them online, I know a lot of people here watch it on dailymotion. I watch it on El Rey and then usually once or twice more before the next episode.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 6:45 pm

The new title looks so good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 24th 2015, 8:23 pm

StarrStan wrote:
Jacob Steele wrote:

Every episode is good/great. I suggest finding them online, I know a lot of people here watch it on dailymotion. I watch it on El Rey and then usually once or twice more before the next episode.
Do they stream it on VIPBox or WRStreams or whatever streams are still around? And do you have to pay to watch it online from their site?
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 25th 2015, 9:03 am

TWO CHAMPIONSHIP MATCHES LESS THAN 11 HOURS FROM NOW!

PRINCE PUMA WILL SHOW WHY HE IS THE GREATEST MAN ON THE LUCHA UNDERGROUND ROSTER AND FOR THAT REASON IS THE LUCHA UNDERGROUND CHAMPION!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 25th 2015, 9:27 am

So excited.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 25th 2015, 9:49 am

Grave Consequences might mark the first time I've ever cared for a casket match, and I think it's because it was barely a casket match lol.  But the setup with the dia day los muertos paul bearers, the brutality of the match itself, and the usage of the coffin really made it special.  I always know shit gets real when a lucha's mask gets torn to shreds.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 25th 2015, 9:57 am

ThePizzaBoy wrote:
Grave Consequences might mark the first time I've ever cared for a casket match, and I think it's because it was barely a casket match lol.  But the setup with the dia day los muertos paul bearers, the brutality of the match itself, and the usage of the coffin really made it special.  I always know shit gets real when a lucha's mask gets torn to shreds.
It was the same for me, that was the first time I liked a casket match. The entire presentation was flawless all the way down to the presenting of the casket to when they returned to remove it after the match was over. Also you mentioned Fenix's mask being ripped, that's how you know this was a nasty, brutal match.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 26th 2015, 12:10 pm

This week was probably top-to-bottom the best show LU's put out, and that's saying a lot.

Continuing the trend of bucking my hatred for a silly gimmick match, LU had Texano Jr and El Patron brutalize one another in a match more gory than the main eventing street fight.  I'm digging the fire Alberto's had since hitting the indies.

Angelico vs Son of Havoc, while not on-par with the rest of the show by any means, was still a fun midcard filler that let SoH show off what he can do instead of pulling the Lombardi spot.  Also, we saw the end of the losing streak, which coincided with the end of Havoc and Ivelisse. which was an interesting development I really should have, but didn't, see coming.

And then there was the main event....Hoooly cow.  The title looked awesome, first and foremost, Cage and Puma tore up the main event big time by showing off what promotions are missing out on by passing on both men.  I also like the promise of possibly seeing Hernandez vs Cage.  They're both extremely talented big men that could make some magic in the ring together I think.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 26th 2015, 12:24 pm

I've said it a few times already, but I can see Angelico in the WWE doing something great. Not that I want him there, I would prefer to see him in LU right where he is, but he has the look and the talent to become huge in wrestling. Ivelisse too, she's one of the hardest females in wrestling, and when she kicked Angelico last night, such a nasty shot. Son of Havoc was impressive too, a good SSP to end the match. Angelico quickly became my 2nd favorite in LU (after Prince Puma, who is actually Ricochet but I'll pretend they're different.)

I agree with Candle that last night's episode was the best I've seen from LU, every match was good, and as he said, Hernandez vs Cage might be an awesome match waiting to happen. Also good to see Konnan and Hernandez on the same side because LAX was awesome in TNA, I can't wait to see what they do in LU. The best spot of the match in my opinion between Puma and Cage was Cage powerbombing Puma once on the mat, and then picking him up again and powerbombing him on the trashcan that just folded around the body of Prince Puma. As much as the ending bothered me, because I prefer to see matches end with a decisive winner and not by interference, I'm excited to see what happens and how Cage will seek revenge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 26th 2015, 3:31 pm

I missed it. I took a nap instead. Where can I find a recap or the show at?
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 26th 2015, 4:10 pm

RRS's reaction to last nights show: meh.

I'll post my reaction later, but I was happy.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 26th 2015, 4:24 pm

Angelico vs SOH was nice.
Back to top Go down
Draven

Draven

Hailing From : Parts,Unknown
Status : All of those who spread evil and do not accept the word of God shall parish

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 26th 2015, 4:36 pm

i really want to watch this but i dont have cable so i cant.
Back to top Go down
Chucky P.

Chucky P.

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 26th 2015, 4:58 pm

Look for it on Dailymotion.
Back to top Go down
Yoshikage Eto

Hailing From : Arashiyama, Kyoto, Japan

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 26th 2015, 6:20 pm

I love the commentary on LU, I think it's pretty nice that they have Matt Striker (he's funny as hell) and Vampiro (hadn't heard from him in a while)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lucha Underground thread.    The Lucha Underground thread.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lucha Underground thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next