Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Beretta

Beretta

Hailing From : Boston

What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 5:13 pm

I didn't take the time to read all of these but I think separating all the shows and having their own spot to RP. I think it gets too clustered at times with every show and everyone posting on top of each other. Then having some kind of RP deadline clock. It would help newer people know the deadlines for the shows. 

Also, with show results, you could hyperlink the matches at the top of the page. That way when you want to do research on your opponents, all you would have to do is click the link to their match. It would save time so you don't have to scroll all the way down, until you find the match you're looking for. 

Maybe I haven't seen it yet on the forum but some kind of feedback thread. I've lost some matches and sometimes I'm curious to why I lost those matches. It would allow people to ask questions on what they should improve.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 5:14 pm

Beretta wrote:
I didn't take the time to read all of these but I think separating all the shows and having their own spot to RP. I think it gets too clustered at times with every show and everyone posting on top of each other. Then having some kind of RP deadline clock. It would help newer people know the deadlines for the shows. 

Also, with show results, you could hyperlink the matches at the top of the page. That way when you want to do research on your opponents, all you would have to do is click the link to their match. It would save time so you don't have to scroll all the way down, until you find the match you're looking for. 

Maybe I haven't seen it yet on the forum but some kind of feedback thread. I've lost some matches and sometimes I'm curious to why I lost those matches. It would allow people to ask questions on what they should improve.
^^^
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 5:35 pm

Ashten Cross wrote:
Y2Impact wrote:
Change the name back. Seriously, whatever happened to "we won't be intimidated by criminal threats"? You know what else fucking bothers me? The lack of attention to detail. Guys are seen in numbers (total roster size) rather than as individual e-fedders, essentially making a ton of people's individual skills anonymous. This is especially true for people who are new, where there's a greater need to develop your character. I don't think the writers have any issue in evaluating or assessing talent; it's the members of the e-fed itself who choose, of their own volition, to not be cognizant. I find this disappointing, but I digress. 

Elaborate on the guys are seen in numbers thing. Not to pick at what you said or anything but I'm just trying to see if theres anything I can push to help/get a better grip on. I often ask myself would some people from back in the day thrive in current EAW due to our size nowadays.
Often, I feel that not enough attention is given to individual characters as opposed to touting the bulk of the roster. On shows, sometimes the roster members are written so similarly that it's impossible to distinguish them from each other unless you know their names. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone or anything in particular, but when I see that happening, it sort of substantiates my statement in my eyes. However, please consider that my initial post was written nearly a year ago and doesn't 100% reflect my current feelings.

A lot of the guys who were prominently showcased in previous eras would be drowned out to the sheer size of today's roster, but the majority of the people from the past who are still around have made the adjustments. I tend to think past members would have followed suit had they stayed for an extended period of time.

Another casualty of today's roster size is the graphics. You can't use the large roster pic template because it'd be too time-consuming/taxing, but maybe something with just a small photo/name like what WWE currently does would suffice. It's not really necessary, but it would be a welcome addition to the site. Furthermore, I think it would be cool if wallpapers were created for the forums like you used to have for the chat page of the main website, but I wholly understand if that isn't feasible.

I'd like to see MVE more consistently updated. In the past two years, less than a year's worth of MVE weeks have been posted. With the roster size being larger than at any point in its history, this is unacceptable. With all due respect, old regimes were much more efficient in getting this handled. Now, it's seen by many as an afterthought/extra that isn't essential to EAW because its writers have not been punctual. I also feel like the lack of weekly live shows has hurt the community rather than helped, but with large cards and an emphasis being placed on booking an overcrowded roster, I understand if that goal is unattainable for our writers. Nonetheless, with an increase in work ethic and commitment, I can assure that all of EAW's writers would be capable of producing weekly live shows and remain confident that it would bolster community morale.

Just an insignificant quip which admittedly may be nostalgia-influenced, but I also miss card graphics. For example, when there was a graphic with "Showdown! Card," "Voltage Card," etc. I think this would enhance the aesthetic of the site/forums, but if there are bandwidth concerns, then obviously it's far from a pressing need. For the record, I think the current forums blow the old ones out of the water, especially with the litany of smiley faces available to our users. Just some food for thought, really.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 5:39 pm

Y2Impact wrote:
Ashten Cross wrote:
Y2Impact wrote:
Change the name back. Seriously, whatever happened to "we won't be intimidated by criminal threats"? You know what else fucking bothers me? The lack of attention to detail. Guys are seen in numbers (total roster size) rather than as individual e-fedders, essentially making a ton of people's individual skills anonymous. This is especially true for people who are new, where there's a greater need to develop your character. I don't think the writers have any issue in evaluating or assessing talent; it's the members of the e-fed itself who choose, of their own volition, to not be cognizant. I find this disappointing, but I digress. 

Elaborate on the guys are seen in numbers thing. Not to pick at what you said or anything but I'm just trying to see if theres anything I can push to help/get a better grip on. I often ask myself would some people from back in the day thrive in current EAW due to our size nowadays.
Often, I feel that not enough attention is given to individual characters as opposed to touting the bulk of the roster. On shows, sometimes the roster members are written so similarly that it's impossible to distinguish them from each other unless you know their names. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone or anything in particular, but when I see that happening, it sort of substantiates my statement in my eyes. However, please consider that my initial post was written nearly a year ago and doesn't 100% reflect my current feelings.

A lot of the guys who were prominently showcased in previous eras would be drowned out to the sheer size of today's roster, but the majority of the people from the past who are still around have made the adjustments. I tend to think past members would have followed suit had they stayed for an extended period of time.

Another casualty of today's roster size is the graphics. You can't use the large roster pic template because it'd be too time-consuming/taxing, but maybe something with just a small photo/name like what WWE currently does would suffice. It's not really necessary, but it would be a welcome addition to the site. Furthermore, I think it would be cool if wallpapers were created for the forums like you used to have for the chat page of the main website, but I wholly understand if that isn't feasible.

I'd like to see MVE more consistently updated. In the past two years, less than a year's worth of MVE weeks have been posted. With the roster size being larger than at any point in its history, this is unacceptable. With all due respect, old regimes were much more efficient in getting this handled. Now, it's seen by many as an afterthought/extra that isn't essential to EAW because its writers have not been punctual. I also feel like the lack of weekly live shows has hurt the community rather than helped, but with large cards and an emphasis being placed on booking an overcrowded roster, I understand if that goal is unattainable for our writers. Nonetheless, with an increase in work ethic and commitment, I can assure that all of EAW's writers would be capable of producing weekly live shows and remain confident that it would bolster community morale.

Just an insignificant quip which admittedly may be nostalgia-influenced, but I also miss card graphics. For example, when there was a graphic with "Showdown! Card," "Voltage Card," etc. I think this would enhance the aesthetic of the site/forums, but if there are bandwidth concerns, then obviously it's far from a pressing need. For the record, I think the current forums blow the old ones out of the water, especially with the litany of smiley faces available to our users. Just some food for thought, really.
This is why you da king of Voltage.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 5:42 pm

Cloud Matsuda wrote:
Beretta wrote:
^^^
This in particular I think is a very good idea. I can see how such a thing would devolve into a slew of petulant, unreasoned complaints, but I think the roster should at least be allowed the chance to prove they can handle it responsibly.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 5:53 pm

Y2Impact wrote:
Ashten Cross wrote:
Y2Impact wrote:

I'm on mobile so I'm not going to try to write out an elabarotate response but I agree with a whole lot you said. I'll bullet it on things I can personally fix.

- Roster pics to showcase everyone will be making a come back soon. Info won't be placed on them but they will direct to a persons information. 

- Don't know what wallpapers you mean on the forums. I really don't like the cards being on the forums but at one point people didn't visit under the chat to look at the cards. I believe that we should move them back to under the chat because I often feel the main site is overlooked. We have unlimited bandwidth, we should really make the most of it. I will put up more things to showcase people though in the near future when I knock out the other tasks I have at the moment. DDD and I talk all the time about making the main site more prominent.

- As for live shows, yea we suffer from being bigger than ever. What I think we should do is have a portion of it live and then the next portion posted possibly. There could be other alternatives to help the wild growth of roster that I've yet to discuss with anyone yet.

- At the end of the day though it could be nostalgia influenced like you said but I do wanna restore some of the old feeling from back in the day. I believe I can make it happen within the next few months. Or even sooner.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 5:56 pm

Oh yea and another thing regarding MVE/E-Fed Zone. I believe that this version is the most accesible & easy to promote yet I don't think it has reached its potential at all. I remember reading a thread where people said they didn't even know what it was for. We def need to push the main site more. I just want to get everything organized first though which I'm doing this whole week.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 6:01 pm

Ashten Cross wrote:
Y2Impact wrote:
Ashten Cross wrote:
Y2Impact wrote:

I'm on mobile so I'm not going to try to write out an elabarotate response but I agree with a whole lot you said. I'll bullet it on things I can personally fix.

- Roster pics to showcase everyone will be making a come back soon. Info won't be placed on them but they will direct to a persons information. 

- Don't know what wallpapers you mean on the forums. I really don't like the cards being on the forums but at one point people didn't visit under the chat to look at the cards. I believe that we should move them back to under the chat because I often feel the main site is overlooked. We have unlimited bandwidth, we should really make the most of it. I will put up more things to showcase people though in the near future when I knock out the other tasks I have at the moment. DDD and I talk all the time about making the main site more prominent.

- As for live shows, yea we suffer from being bigger than ever. What I think we should do is have a portion of it live and then the next portion posted possibly. There could be other alternatives to help the wild growth of roster that I've yet to discuss with anyone yet.

- At the end of the day though it could be nostalgia influenced like you said but I do wanna restore some of the old feeling from back in the day. I believe I can make it happen within the next few months. Or even sooner.
Tre coming through in the clutch

Also, when I say wallpapers, I mean like the chat page backgrounds you'd see on the eaw08 website. Like this, for example: https://i.imgur.com/alRvfpK.png

But after taking a deeper dive, I'm not sure if the dimensions of either website we use would allow such a thing. I don't think it's necessary, but I always thought it functioned well as a way of featuring some of the prominent guys. The header and forum section banners will suffice if that can't revived, though.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 6:30 pm

Feedback thread's appear but if you're asking for a writer to explain themselves whenever somebody wonders why they lost, it's probably not going to happen. Losses happen for various reasons, but match decisions are generally the result of a writers opinion that on guy promoed for their match better than the other. "Better" as in, with better writing, better storytelling, better argument, better logic, or more creativity, in their subjective eyes. It's subjective opinion. Tough to give answers based on that  24/7, which I know "why didnt I win what did I do wrong" is gonna come up a lot.

Also, as for MVE, it's been updated more consistently over the last 2 months than it's been probably since Jay. It's been on a hot streak as far as actually going up on a weekly basis, despite peoples disliking for JV's taste or analysis, and it will continue to be on a hot streak in that manner. E-fed Zone is also looking far better than ever, with people allowed to put their custom shows like Nick Angel, and articles, and etc made. Plus we've got some more stuff heading for E-fed Zone soon.

And I do agree with Tre that the main site should be more prominently featured, and I think it will be soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 6:40 pm

A better MVE writer would be nice, I like Ventura as a person and all but his writing for MVE is pretty down-right horrible. He has bizarre award choices - like giving Cyclone 'Rising Star of the Week' when that award, for as long as I've been in EAW, has been given to rookies when Cy is a Hall of Famer and mutliple time award winner, explaining why the go-home Dy for Rising Tide, was the Show of the year because in his words, it was 'anti-climinatic' and if you actually read his explaintion for RD as show of the week - nothing happened that he claimed did on the show (Vic beating Lannister for the title [which didn't happen], Aria beating Cam in a 'Queen vs Empress' stipulation match [wtf is that], Hexa-Gun winning a tag instead of Handicap match, etc, et,c). 

More videos would be pretty sweet, we have the two GOAT Video makers in HBB/Starr around so I think we could/should utilize them more, especially with Grand Rampage/PFP coming up.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 EmptyMarch 7th 2016, 6:59 pm

One thing, that I've noticed has improved considerably since I've been back in the fed, is the communication with newcomers. Just continuing to make strides with that and making sure people know they have matches, have threads and stuff to help them navigate the site and all that.

Like I said, this has improved drastically, but just something to continue to monitor and perhaps find ways to improve if possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?    What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are some things that you think EAW could improve on?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-