Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? Empty
PostSubject: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 29th 2014, 2:26 pm

Title.

Last edited by Jacob Steele on September 29th 2014, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 29th 2014, 2:35 pm

Old or new music doesn't make a difference to me. If its good I'll listen to it, no matter what people say
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 29th 2014, 6:02 pm

IDK if this is a would you rather thread or if you're just asking a question...
Back to top Go down
Mstislav
Voltage
Voltage
Mstislav

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 30th 2014, 1:25 am

old but some new songs are pretty good
Back to top Go down
Zach Genesis

Zach Genesis

Hailing From : Gold Coast, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 30th 2014, 3:05 am

Personally as long as the music is either good, or a particular genre I enjoy (i.e. metal, alt rock, prog music, electronic), I'm not too bothered about whether it is new or old, although I do prefer listening to older music, mainly for nostalgia's sake.
Back to top Go down
Tyler Parker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tyler Parker

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 30th 2014, 3:08 am

I'm torn between the both of them but I have to say new music. Even though there's tons of classics, I usually find myself listening more to what's today than what was decades ago. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy listening to old music but I have to be in the mood for it. Whereas with new music, I'm never not in the mood for it and there's a handful of artists who I'm listening to on a day to day basis.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 30th 2014, 6:51 am

What Aren said
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 30th 2014, 7:15 am

Moonlight Predator wrote:
Old or new music doesn't make a difference to me. If its good I'll listen to it, no matter what people say
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 30th 2014, 11:02 am

Tyler Parker wrote:
I'm torn between the both of them but I have to say new music. Even though there's tons of classics, I usually find myself listening more to what's today than what was decades ago. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy listening to old music but I have to be in the mood for it. Whereas with new music, I'm never not in the mood for it and there's a handful of artists who I'm listening to on a day to day basis.
I'm the same, but I think I'd rather prefer older music. Some new music is starting to sound like shit, while the classics have always been... well... classics. I do enjoy a lot of newer music, but I still find myself listening to older music a lot, even if it's like 2-3 years to 5-10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? EmptySeptember 30th 2014, 12:13 pm

When Popular Music started becoming a "thing" in the early 1920's on the back of Rudy Vallee, it really broke a mold. It opened the door for all of the music we have today.

Rudy Vallee turned into Frank Sinatra who turned into Elvis Presley who turned into The Beatles who turned into The Rolling Stones who turned into AC/DC who turned into Nirvana who turned into Tupac who turned into Jay Z who turned into whatever the hell we have today.

I think pop music is mis-interpreted a lot of the time. It's not a genre... IT'S WHATEVER'S POPULAR! You could have the most dirty, disgusting, hardcore rap of all time, but if it's popular... guess what, you just made a pop song! You're a pop star!

The previous generation will always say their music is better than whatever's hot in the present, and while I don't know if it's true in all cases, I'm pretty confident I can say that right now. Today's popular music is terrible, it's redundant, mundane and just unenjoyable to listen to. 95% of it sounds the same, we've allowed little to no room for new guys to really come in and make a splash and people like Lady Gaga who actually made, maybe not good but enjoyable music, a once mega star has seemingly been phased out. Taylor Swift, who by no means ever made good music has now gone from making bad music, to terrible music. A large part of the music video's are stuck in the 90's... when they were actually cool and not cringeworthy. 5 Seconds of Summer and One Direction are somehow dominating the charts even though their music sounds the same, and I don't just mean the band. Almost every single song that they make sounds the same and is about the same subject matter.

JUSTIN BIEBER HAS ACTUALLY STARTED TO MAKE GOOD, YES GOOD MUSIC... BUT THEY WON'T PLAY IT!

Lorde is great but she only has one, maybe two songs at most getting radio play.

Maybe I just don't get how radio works, but it's in a dark, dark place right now. 

So what would I rather listen to? Old music. Because minus a few exceptions, the shit that's come out recently is exactly that, shit.

Kanye and Frank need to save the day. 

If Kendrick's new material is anything like "i", RIP to him.

If J. Cole doesn't come through strong in his next album, RIP to him, he's out of chances.

Even Kanye's on thin ice, I loved Yeezus but part of me feels he got a huge pass from "professional reviewers" because it was "new and experimental, brash and hard hitting" if he makes another Yeezus, will they be as nice? 

Don't fret, there is good music out there, good new music that is. There's not a lot, but it's there. It's just hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?   Would you rather listen to old or new music and why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you rather listen to old or new music and why?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1