Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Message from the birthday boy  SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Message from the birthday boy  SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Message from the birthday boy  Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Message from the birthday boy  Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Message from the birthday boy  Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Message from the birthday boy  Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Message from the birthday boy  Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Message from the birthday boy  Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Message from the birthday boy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angel.

Angel.

Message from the birthday boy  Empty
PostSubject: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 15th 2017, 10:55 pm

Six years ago on January 15th, 2011, I remember signing up as a member of Yahoo! Answers. As the wrestling fan I once was, I remember looking around the wrestling section. I remember answering a few questions, and I chimed in with someone named “Prince of Phenomenal”. He linked me something and to be honest, I thought the lad was linking me a virus. But little did I know, his link is rather the start of a long journey. My story to this community started when I was in EWE and EAW, to begin with. I saw a bunch of people just doing the same thing, chatting and trying to have this competitive edge as to who would be the best among their peers. I saw a lot of people that were a lot like me such as music, sports and just talking about life. 13-year-old Nick envisions himself of being one day, being one of the guys that would be the moderators, the guy that was winning belts left and right but to also be a good member of the community. It was within my rookie year in which, I came across a lot of people whether it is EAW, EWE, IWF, WHW, LEGION and XMW because I admittedly wasn’t loyal to any e-fed, I just wanted to get the name “Nick Angel” out and across within this community. I won a few titles across a few e-feds and along the way, I envisioned myself of being apart of a community that’s had a lot of great people to come across. It is also within this community in which I wanted to do things to make the few people I came across proud of myself because I was inspired to be what they were. I wanted to be the Jaywalkers, the HBBs, the DDDs of the world during my rookie year. Within this community, I wanted to not just win titles, but also get recognition as an all-around e-fedder. I wanted to do things such as being a staff member, being in a stable, winning a tag title, winning a world title, do pretty much everything you can check off of a checklist. But I couldn’t do it if I didn’t have fun along the way with interacting with the few people that are still here for the six years I’ve been through with them. Looking back. I’ve done a lot of things I set myself to achieve as an e-fedder. For starters, I won titles dating back to my rookie year. I knew that people had faith on a 13-year-old Nick. Then I wanted to be a staff member and be a vital part of a creation that has a legacy. Yeah, I know, AWL doesn’t have the best of reputation. But looking back at it, I am proud of having a huge responsibility of making and running day-to-day operations for over a year as vice president. How many people can say that they have been a staff member while making their own entity for over a year? Another thing I accomplished was just being a prominent member of a stable, something I actually struggled to have within the first two years of my e-fed career. As faith has it, I not only was a prominent member of a stable, but I also was apart something I was proud of at the time being: THOR. I’ve wanted to win a tag title to see where I could stand in the tag team division and you can say, check that off of my checklist. I realized that maybe one day, I can win myself a world title, not for myself. But to make a lot of people proud of me.

Somewhere along the way, I made a decision that a lot of people judged me as a person. Yeah, I made a “decision” between two e-feds. It is because of that decision, a lot of people had this image of me being a quitter as I could easily quit apparently in the eyes of many. It was in the eyes of many, people called me a lost cause and you know? I was heartbroken that people called me many things. But I want to remind a lot of people, it’s not the cards you dealt with, but how you play the hand. I can say looking back, it would’ve been easy for me to burn a lot of bridges since I felt like a lot of people targeted me because of my voice, felt easy for people to picked on me that I am more prone to quit because things don't go my way in booking. It would’ve been easy for me to sever all the ties and just leaves in disgrace. I do remember that in the event that I do succeed quite briefly in my third and final stint out here in EAW, I remember that my brief success was rather slandered in front of everyone out in public, on the forums and on the chat. My character for better or worse hasn’t developed a lot of traction as I’ve been booked as if I am a utility player by being all over the place.

But in hindsight, for as disappointing third stint I had booking wise, that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be too whiny about how I see things in EAW. I remember I didn’t want to do anything with e-feds after AWF has ceased to exist. And then, my real life popped up as a friend of mine committed suicide, I dealt with various stuff with my parents, I felt like it was toxic to like a certain girl. I felt alone in real life, I felt depressed. I felt that I have no identity or no hope about life in general. I reluctantly joined EAW because I wanted to know what it is like to even have a grasp of what it is like to be apart of a community, something I lacked for months during my junior year of high school. For what it is worth, for all the stuff I dealt with people calling me a lost cause, I still remember the people that were there by my side when I dealt with a lot of shit that no one should go through. It is because the people that were by my side, they didn’t see me as not just a friend, they saw me as a someone. I didn’t know who I was whenever I came back to EAW the third and final time as a human being. But in hindsight, being apart of this community for good or bad, they gave me a sense of hope, a sense of that there is a belonging in the real world, and for what it is worth? Being apart of this community gave me a sense of purpose that was non-existent, when I, myself was too thinking about giving up on life. It’s not for everyone, but in hindsight, I am glad that I have gone through the adversary of hardly gaining anything at all in my third stint in EAW, but still promo in the hopes that somehow, someway, my name will be called upon to greatness. I know instead of being entitled or spoiled, I know that I can say that I’ve gone through the adversary of starting over with nothing. It may not be my most accomplished stint, but in hindsight, it is indeed my most transformative as a person if I am being honest. I knew who were truly there for me when I was at my lowest of lows in terms of status and I learned that not every situation deserves a reaction. From what I learned, I just learned to be the better man when I could’ve been a pariah.

Unfortunately, I will be celebrating my 19th birthday as a alumni to this community. A month ago, I felt that I contributed just about everything to the community and I asked a few of my friends, DEDEDE, Ken, Y2Impact, Kendra and HBB if they are proud of what I’ve done to the community. You see, I may not win a world title in EAW, but I can live if the people that mean the closest to me are proud of me and will support whatever decision I’ll do. The likes of DEDEDE, Ken, Y2Impact, Kendra and HBB, they were indeed disappointed in my intent, but they understood my decision and are indeed proud of what I’ve done for the community. And my decision was also a whole lot easier due to my real life circumstances. My real life circumstances consist of one that is adulthood. Of the upcoming obstacles, I will go through, I will be pursuing an internship with the Dallas Cowboys due to my major of business management and the fact that I will have an associate degree by summer's’ time. It is indeed my dream to be a marketing manager but it is also my dream to be working for my favorite team in the NFL while the Dallas Cowboys provides me a job that is not minimum wage along with paying for my tuitions as they are partners with the University of North Texas. I will be transferring from community college to the University of North Texas in order to pursue a career. Assuming that my girlfriend does not go, psychopath, I will be approaching a two years anniversary with her this April. For the people that do know what it is like being in a long-term relationship, it does indeed get more serious when you’re with someone you’ve known and loved for a long time. Lastly, my parents retired last month. I know my parents will get their retirement handouts and live out on 1K income a month, but they were the one that has been paying for my living, my tuitions for community college, basically they were the ones that got me pretty comfortable for eighteen years of my life. It's time to repay them the love that they gave me and I want them to live their final years out in happiness as they have survived the Khmer Rouge genocide, became refugees from their homeland and gone through the steps of trying to make a living in America. Adulthood has indeed hit me. That being said, friends and foes alike, it’s been a rollercoaster ride of almost six years. But it all has to stop at some point. Times come and go, but memories last forever. The memories stop here. 

To all the peoples that made the memories worthwhile: 
http://painlovehappiness.webs.com/shoutouts
Back to top Go down
http://rocketcris.tumblr.com/
Amani
Empire
Empire
Amani

Hailing From : Chiraq

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 15th 2017, 11:03 pm

Sad to see you go, brother. But life has come calling. I only knew you in AWL really, but I wish I would've experienced more with you. You're a good guy and awesome fedder. I hope everything works out for you in the end.
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
Empire
Empire
Aria Jaxon

Hailing From : Sparks City, California.
Status : Wanna seize the throne, but what would you do with all that control?

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 15th 2017, 11:04 pm

It's bummed me out to think about this ever since you PCed me and told me that you were planning on stepping away, and now the day is finally here. If I was selfish, I'd tell you to stick around, but from all that you've told me and now reading this post, you're 100% doing the right thing. Real life absolutely comes first and you have so much going on and so much to look forward to. EAW will (almost certainly, this shit would survive a nuclear holocaust) always be here, but you've only got one chance to go after everything you want in the outside world. I have no doubt you'll be successful in everything you do. Thank you for being one of the people who's made my EAW experience thus far as fun as it's been, Nick. With any luck, this isn't goodbye forever.
Back to top Go down
Cailin Dillon
Empire
Empire
Cailin Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 15th 2017, 11:10 pm

I've known this was coming for a while, but still feels a bit shocking to see it actually happening. Enjoy your time away from fedding and best of luck as you spend some time focusing on you and the things you want to accomplish. I know it isn't easy to step away and you feel like it's almost now or never. But I suspect we will see you coming around here and there to catch up with people in chat. It's been cool knowing you here and again, good luck doing what you're going to do.
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 15th 2017, 11:51 pm

...and the retirement loss makes sense now.

I'm very happy for you in the sense that you have a few things nailed down, a few things planned out, and many directions you can go. Best of luck to you, man. We'll still talk all sorts of sports.

(And speaking of sports, I know your birthday sucked in terms of sports results, but you're entering adulthood. Birthdays mean jack shit in adulthood.)
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 12:06 am

You know Nick, you were one of the very first guys who ever reached out to me in this e-fed world of ours. Before even Ken. You saw the talent I could become well before I even became so when you'd constantly reach out to me in PCs back then. I believe you were one of the first people to congratulate me on my tag title win with shaw/manks. For those of you who don't know Nick reached out to me in PC to leave me a final message earlier. And he basically told me the things he always did in PCs, I had endless amounts of potential and that the sky is the limit all that jazz, but my greatest enemy would be myself. Which he's absolutely right about. Ken told me the same thing when I returned. And anyone who's known me for years can also attest to that. Now what you don't know Nick, is that you were a big inspiration to me very early on in our time together in AWF. You and Senn. Oasis and I were just talking about this when he said you two were Legacy's two golden boys. And it was rightfully deserved, getting to team with the two of yall very early made me smile (as well as getting wins over DDD and Jay back then among other HOFers :heh:) But if this really is the last we're gonna hear from you for a long time, just know I've always held you dear as an old time friend and I never forget Day 1s. And don't worry, I'll keep in touch with you on skype if you don't quit changing your damn name! As everyone is saying, may everything in life work out for the best for ya pal. So long, but not goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Sir Killian Charlamagne
Dynasty
Dynasty
Sir Killian Charlamagne

Hailing From : Camelot, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 12:07 am

I know we barely interacted around here and whatnot, but that's irrelevant. To me, what matters is that you're leaving for the right reasons. I wanna wish you the best of luck man. College is rough, trust me but you'll prevail.
Back to top Go down
Moongoose McQueen
Voltage
Voltage
Moongoose McQueen

Status : Whether I go or not, I'll die anyway. I have an organ more important than my heart. Although you can't see it, I feel it going through my head down to my feet, and I know it exists within me. It lets me stand on my feet, it lets me walk forward without trembling. If I stop here, I feel like it would break... My soul will break.

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 12:09 am

Stay out of Trouble and drop on by from time to time to talk. Good luck.

Message from the birthday boy  6797455575b526508fa7bd294cced06721ea9d9c_hq
Message from the birthday boy  Tumblr_n0opy8AZiJ1sycuvlo1_500
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 12:41 am

Good luck for the future Nick and yes, stay in touch with us.
Back to top Go down
Amadeus
Voltage
Voltage
Amadeus

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 9:58 am

Hey man, good luck to you.  Chase those dreams and keep working hard.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 10:09 am

I wish you the best of luck in life, Tommy, and I want to say that just by reading this I can tell your writing has improved tenfold from even what it was two years ago. Obviously that's far from the only stride you've made, but after the Cowboys took the L yesterday, a compliment is the least I could say. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 11:14 am

Y'all never really liked or respected me at all in either AWL or EAW so don't expect me to kiss your ass and say nice things about you like everyone else is. I ain't gonna hate but I ain't particularly sad to see you go. It's more like I really don't give a damn. We ain't been friends for awhile if we ever were but good luck with college and shit.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 12:51 pm

Good Luck in your future, Nick. Hopefully you may return under a new ring name. Just keep catching your future and work hard.
Back to top Go down
Mike Showman
Voltage
Voltage
Mike Showman

Hailing From : Queens, New York

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 2:15 pm

Good bye old friend. You were the guy who actually got me into efeds in general. Plus, talking about soccer(football) with you is always a positive as you are one of those guys who truly understand this game. All the best for your future endeavors Nick and do pop in from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Elijah Stewart

Elijah Stewart

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 8:02 pm

Nick, I am so proud of you. Congratulations on the internship and best of luck as you pursue your college life and then your career after that. It's been a pleasure getting to know you over the years, talking sports or just life in general, the ups and downs of efed life.

If you ever need to talk to me, I'm not hard to find.
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 16th 2017, 9:44 pm

Good luck, brudda. Don't be a stranger
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 17th 2017, 12:43 pm

You were good to me, always. I'll never forget that. I believe we follow each other on twitter. If you ever need something or just wanna talk I'm there, bro.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 17th 2017, 4:44 pm

I know we've already talked about this numerous times on FB but its still sad to see you go. We never really got to do much together in the fed and I'll always regret that. But life comes first, and if fedding isn't doing anything for ya than its probably time to hang it up. I'm sure we'll talk more on FB in the future, but even still I'm sad to see you go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  EmptyJanuary 17th 2017, 7:46 pm

Wish you the best, Nick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message from the birthday boy    Message from the birthday boy  Empty

Back to top Go down

Message from the birthday boy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1