Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? Empty
PostSubject: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 5:48 am

For me it was the Legend Kenta Kobashi. The gimmick of being Burning Spirit personified came into my mind around PFP Week. I knew out of most Vixens my knowledge of Japanese Wrestling was greater (NO OFFENSE). So having a gimmick that fit the Japanese Wrestler Style was going to happen. I was hinting a gimmick change like that during PFP. With my character wanting to fight even when it meant risk getting an injury or proving Tarah wrong for doubting me. 

so that's mine and what's your?
Back to top Go down
Anthony Leonhart
Voltage
Voltage
Anthony Leonhart

Hailing From : New Japan Wrestling Academy

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 6:59 am

To me, it can be surreal but I use my personal anger to use for my character. And for course, I use some Mankind/Raven type of freak to represent it in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 7:03 am

For the man of honor gimmick I had when I returned it was something that inspired me rather than someone. Seeing how morally deteriorated today's society is that is what mainly inspired me to create the gimmick. Another thing that inspired the creation of it was the Bushido (Look it up if you don't what it is). There were just so many guys at the time that had these wicked asa characters, criminals somewhat that didn't follow or abide by any rules and were corrupt to the core. I wanted to try something different than them, I wanted to stand out. That was the only way I'd be successful here again. So I went against the grain and I tried something new.. I guess you could say it worked.

As for my character currently, I was inspired by the haters. The conceited, arrogant yet good "Top Dog" came to be after reading comments of people who I considered my friends hating on me and laughing at those who view me as a top dog. If I pissed them off good. That was the fucking goal (:
Yeah.. This gimmick I am currently doing isn't really original and tbh I'm not a big fan of playing this type of characters. Like I mentioned before I enjoy standing out and there's been cocky face characters before. I have plans tho. Hopefully those plans can take place eventually and my character evolves into something greater. I've always kept his past and other shit secret hopefully soon I'll be able to reveal it, who he truly is and what brought him into wrestling among other important things of him.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 9:10 am

Jesus Christ
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 10:29 am

I actually want to create as original as I can be without putting one character as my personality template. I want to be creative with this character even I took a bit from dorama characters. ...that's if Haruna is a face. 

When DDD told me to turn heel, I actually have no idea of how am I make this character. I never have a plan to make my character as a heel. I was panic and a bit rushed so I just take NXT Anti-diva Paige personality. then I take a bit of Psylocke character as well.
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 10:35 am

Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Jesus Christ
Thought you were god and I was Jesus
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 11:12 am

I can't narrow it down to just one personality, as it's more of a mix of many. It's of rarity that said personalities are actual people too, as I'm more keen on drawing inspiration from fictional characters and other gimmicks. Names like Marshall Mathers (Upbringing), Jon Moxley (Attitude/Upbringing), The Joker (Mentality/perception) are a few that come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 11:29 am

Way too many hours listening to Talk 'n Shop. 

But a fair portion of language and the vocab I use in my promos isn't far from what I use day to day, just slightly exaggerated. There's no real gimmick behind O'Hara but obviously the gestures and mannerisms are inspired, almost completely ripped from Anderson and Bullet Club; It's because of that I try not to make them define the gimmick and the character as a whole. 

Until I dropped the title, I was pretty inspired by the work ethic of my greater family. Many work long hours on cattle stations far north and I'm always captivated when I visit; the idea of being a hard worker, respectful and full of grit was appealing to me, just ran with it when I got settled in EAW.
Back to top Go down
Rhyse

Rhyse

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 1:06 pm

I guess I get the whole Mexican backstory for Rhyse from myself (just not all too exaggerated). And speaking of exaggeration, I thought of the whole Compton/gangster upbringing from movies like Straight Outta Compton and Scarface (though technically the later isn't real).

I'd like to think of my promo style similar to Alberto Del Rio's WWE debut promo packages. I also use old Razor Ramon promos for inspiration. And I'll admit I did use some elements of Cien's CMLL gimmick/personality.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 2:57 pm

Oh, thanks to the writer who wrote my match/segment. I think I started to learn this "Prizefighter" gimmick from Kevin Owens. ....except I will never be as good as him at talking in Social Media.
Back to top Go down
Diamond Cutter

Diamond Cutter

Hailing From : Northwestern University

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 2:58 pm

For this gimmick, I tapped into Mickey Rourke's 'The Wrestler' to get some inspiration. I thought it'd be cool to have a character that actually acknowledges what happens to someone who doesn't make enough to retire in the wrestling business. Whenever I've taken a break from fedding or needed to step away, I always incorporated an injury angle into kayfabe. Put those two elements together and you have most of my character. The mercenary aspect is simply because I went with Goldberg as my pic base and I wanted something extra that matched my pic base.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 3:35 pm

Nasir Capitani wrote:
Mr. DEDEDE wrote:
Jesus Christ
Thought you were god and I was Jesus
U right
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 3:43 pm

El Landerson
Back to top Go down
Victor Maero
Dynasty
Dynasty
Victor Maero

Hailing From : Missouri
Status : How many licks does it take to get to the center of my heart?

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 3:48 pm

Maero: His original idea of thinking he was god came from a doctor show I watched over someones shoulder. The surgeon thing followed suit. The fucked up elements just came from my brain and some influence from Eclipse. His comedic side is straight from my brain.

Oz: Oz was originally going to be my best friend D. It eventually drifted away from him and Oz just became my silly childish side. The Pyromania is just because I like the idea and I'm a fan of fire IRL.
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 4:25 pm

Don't need to explain Nas' character influences up to a couple weeks ago.

Since my character arc of Season 10 began, I would say my biggest current influence is Christian from 2011 when he was chasing after the WHC in his feuds with Del Rio and Randy Orton. I view me and Aren's relationship now how Edge vs Christian was supposed to go at WM 28 before Edge was forced to retire. He of course playing Edge, one of the most decorated in history meanwhile I would be his Christian, always being just not good enough to break into that top tier. Another would be Daniel Bryan's whole "weak link" shtick from a couple years back. Being build around the likes of Aren, Jamie, Xavier, and Vic but not having any claim to fame like them. Nasir is out to prove he can hang and belongs alongside those guys. Finally, Batista from his WM 26 Feud with John Cena. This one stems from the fact that Aren and I started as equals. Even more so than Batista and Cena because we were partners. I was more active in the beginning so I got the bigger push during the beginning of our time together. This would be comparable to Batista's prime years compared to Cena's. However once we split it changed and he eclipsed me very quickly. Similar to how Cena shifted into that prime position ahead of Batista. Now I am looking to claim a spot that had things possibly gone differently, could have/should have been mine. (In my character's mind of course.)
Back to top Go down
Rattik

Rattik

Hailing From : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 5:36 pm

I guess I always had a thing for the dark personas, whether it was Abyss, Willow, Eric Young, Older Taker and Kane, but I think my true influence was Heath Ledger's Joker, the whole anarchy without a real goal in sight, watching the world burn. And kinda morphed it into my character.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 6:03 pm

At it's heart it's Mikey Whipwreck, but the more recent and prevalent influence in some areas has been myself, which probably wouldn't have happened if not for another question on the boards about how much of you is in your character.  I've had similar medical problems as PB for different reasons, and my dad is currently in what I think is going to be a winning fight against stage two lung cancer.  Unconsciously that started being a part of PB's downfall after HBB left and after I realized how much of it was my own thoughts I went ahead and vented on some things.  There have also been elements from "The Dark Half", one of Stephen King's less celebrated books, and a book I couldn't get past the first chapter on due to surreal connections to my real life that just freaked me the hell out.  Spud has kind of become a muse in ways but I'm trying to give PB a voice that isn't his, and in the past writing wasn't helpful because they wrote him as a brit it felt like, or maybe that's just my hangup projecting.  As for PB's faith, it's more uplifting than anything that comes from me.  I believe in god, but my belief in god is far more disconcerting than his.  We both also have an express fandom in Doctor Who.

But yeah, I could gab forever on what comes from where.
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 7:34 pm

Pre Season 10: Eli Drake is the obvious answer.

Post season 10: Eli Drake's arrogance is still here and there, but I tone it down. Nigel McGuiness is my inspiration for the move-set, and while I don't want to be his knock-off, I would like to think, I do have his promo style a bit. John Cena might be an inspiration as well based on Nobi' constant talk about hard work and dedication. And ROH as a whole is an inspiration for my speciality match (Code of Honor match).
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
Empire
Empire
Aria Jaxon

Hailing From : Sparks City, California.
Status : Wanna seize the throne, but what would you do with all that control?

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 8:15 pm

The bravado and colorful personality of Sasha herself had probably the most influence on the character, both inside and outside the ring. I pulled inspiration from Beyonce and Rihanna for a lot of the in-ring persona (the over-the-top aspects, the confidence, etc.). Aria's also a mish-mash of a lotta Black girls from 90s TV shows and movies. There were a lot, but Hillary and Ashley (The Fresh Prince), Lisa (Saved by the Bell), Dionne (Clueless), Whitley (A Different World), and Isis (Bring It On), among others, are probably the ones I relied on the heaviest . The end result was ultimately someone very realistic and approachable, and someone that I felt totally comfortable playing.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Winterborn

Phoenix Winterborn

Hailing From : The Windy City of Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 8:23 pm

I take a lot from a lot of people honestly. Macho Man, Dusty Rhodes, a little bit of Pillman...
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 11th 2016, 8:23 pm

Empress Aria wrote:
The bravado and colorful personality of Sasha herself had probably the most influence on the character, both inside and outside the ring. I pulled inspiration from Beyonce and Rihanna for a lot of the in-ring persona (the over-the-top aspects, the confidence, etc.). Aria's also a mish-mash of a lotta Black girls from 90s TV shows and movies. There were a lot, but Hillary and Ashley (The Fresh Prince), Lisa (Saved by the Bell), Dionne (Clueless), Whitley (A Different World), and Isis (Bring It On), among others, are probably the ones I relied on the heaviest . The end result was ultimately someone very realistic and approachable, and someone that I felt totally comfortable playing.

Aria's gimmick connected to ISIS confirmed.
  :dave:
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 12th 2016, 7:22 am

Lucian Black wrote:
For the man of honor gimmick I had when I returned it was something that inspired me rather than someone. Seeing how morally deteriorated today's society is that is what mainly inspired me to create the gimmick. Another thing that inspired the creation of it was the Bushido (Look it up if you don't what it is). There were just so many guys at the time that had these wicked asa characters, criminals somewhat that didn't follow or abide by any rules and were corrupt to the core. I wanted to try something different than them, I wanted to stand out. That was the only way I'd be successful here again. So I went against the grain and I tried something new.. I guess you could say it worked.

As for my character currently, I was inspired by the haters. The conceited, arrogant yet good "Top Dog" came to be after reading comments of people who I considered my friends hating on me and laughing at those who view me as a top dog. If I pissed them off good. That was the fucking goal (:
Yeah.. This gimmick I am currently doing isn't really original and tbh I'm not a big fan of playing this type of characters. Like I mentioned before I enjoy standing out and there's been cocky face characters before. I have plans tho. Hopefully those plans can take place eventually and my character evolves into something greater. I've always kept his past and other shit secret hopefully soon I'll be able to reveal it, who he truly is and what brought him into wrestling among other important things of him.
There's many other characters I have created. Jon Lyons/Mike Huxley for instance.  He was so different in comparison to my other characters. He did some crazy ass shit in AWL, LEGION and even EHW under the name Jake Copeland. The primary inspiration for Lyons, Hux and EHW's version of Jake Copeland was The Joker ofc and villains in general. Obviously I didn't make him a straight up rip off of The Joker. I added elements of my own to the gimmick. I remember in LEGION I used to talk to my own reflection in the mirror. LEGION's version of Jon Lyons was also inspired by the rejection I was getting from the ppl at EAW at the time. The way I introduced Lyons to AWL was pretty epic too. And in EHW I remember I did some other stuff too that I never saw anyone do in efeds. I had so much fun playing that character. I'd love to bring the evil me back some day.

Niall Byrne was another rad character I had. Unfortunately his stay in efeds was short lived cause all the feds I used him in kept dying lol. Byrne was inspired by Celtic God of death Ankou. 

Then there's Yahweh/YHWH. Probably the greatest character I have devised. He was such a complex character. I received so much praise for the creation of him. What mainly inspired me to make him was the song "Create" by The Faceless as well as "Crushed" by Parkway Drive. If you listen to those songs you will probably get the idea of what the character was supposed to be.

Usually to make characters I take inspiration from music, mythology, comic book/movie/TV shows characters etc.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 14th 2016, 9:45 am

If there's anything Steph and I have in common it's our ability to bring the savage out in people lol. Pre-heel Cloud was mostly my take on Mia Yim before TNA- a happy go lucky face who wanted to work hard and be appreciated by the fans. As time went on the character took on a life of her own and I started asking myself 'What would Cloudy do?'

Season 10 Steph is primarily motivated by my own insecurities I've had about not being good enough and what I'm willing to do to prove otherwise. I incorporate a lot of my humor in the character as well. The irony about the current storyline is that the Cloud/Cailin/Tarah scenario is similar to something I went through 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptyAugust 28th 2016, 2:55 pm

Current Heel Azumi is massive mix of AJ Lee (When she was Divas Champ without the crazyness), BC AJ Styles, Current Naito.
Back to top Go down
Tarah Nova
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tarah Nova

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? EmptySeptember 27th 2016, 12:53 am

Only three to be honest.

The Winter Soldier: When I was full Heel (The Vixen Killer Gimmick) The Winter Soldier was my main inspiration for Tarah Nova. She was a killer, she was reckless and didn't care about the outcome. Everyone in the Vixens Division was her mission and she compeleted it at PFP8. Hence why she hasn't been killer-ish lately. Only rarely...But I guess, Tarah doesn't do that anymore.

Harley Quinn: Now after the whole PFP8 shit, the Vixens Killer Gimmick faded abit and changed into Freakshow one. Where it was all about the Freaks of EAW. The inspiration on that side of Tarah was Harley. She was the inspiration due to her humor. After a while Tarah slowly grew more of a sense of  humor. Even in the most serious situations, she isn't afraid to crack a joke. She also got more relaxed in the division and was slightly nicer to the Vixens just like Harley was nice till you pissed her off. 

Negan: Now, this inspiration is mostly in use at the moment (With a mix of Harley Quinn/Freakshow ofc). The Leader gimmick was inspired by Negan from the Walking Dead (Comic book Verison ofc...even tho JDM is king) I've always seen this as the final IRL personality that Tarah would connect with. Either Face or Heel, Tarah has the traits of Negan. Shes always been brutal, foul-mouthed, and had a really twisted sense of humor. Like Negan, Tarah doesn't care if you love her or hate her, she gonna rule this bitch with a iron fist. 

So all three of them together (The Killer, The Freak and The Leader) makes up Tarah Nova.

Last edited by Tarah Nova on September 27th 2016, 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?   What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick? Empty

Back to top Go down

What IRL Personality was your inspiration for your Gimmick?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next