Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? Empty
PostSubject: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 5:06 pm

For me...I suppose Nobi is 100% character.

Nobi is an arsehole. He's your typical loud mouth bastard. Someone who loves to insult you so much. (very challenging to make "Heel promos" in a "Face character" lol)

My real personality....well I'm a friendly guy. I like making friends. To those who have known me for 5-6 years and to those who have talked to me in chat/PM will know me well. It's the way I am living my life. Although I'd prefer people to decide my personality so I can be a better person in future lol.

That being said, Nobi could be me in parralel univere.

That's my answer, what about you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 5:07 pm

Yeah, I always have.

I'm a shit-talking, arrogant, egotistical person anyway so it made it extremely easy to promo as myself.

Worked in some McGregor/Punk shit as well.
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 5:14 pm

The Nas is literally the jocky alter ego of myself that I always wanted to bring out to flesh in trying to become a real wrestler (being 5'8 and 170 doesn't help tho) So using the character here in EAW is the next best thing :]
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 5:33 pm

Not really.  PB and I have some things in common, but there are facets to his personality that I don't identify with.  We're both self-depreciating, but I think I have more of a sense of humor about my ineptitude than he does, if not just more of a sense of humor in general.  He's a guy that, despite his true nature as a clumsy dweeboid fish out of water, takes himself very seriously and always has.  I think we share similar ideologies though.  I do believe hard work isn't a way to get what you 'deserve', but a way to put food on the table and keep the lights on. Neither of us expects much more out of a hard day's work than that. Maybe it's a lower middle class mindset or the byproduct of coming up in a factory town for me.  For him it's just necessity in the face of adversity.  With all of that being said, ironically enough I think both he and I would have excelled academically if we applied ourselves to academia as much as we do retail drudge work.  I've also stated before that PB probably likes anime, whereas I don't.  He's also taken up smoking and drinking lately and I never would.

I've noticed over the years that if I do a character long enough they start taking up space in my head though.  That hasn't been the case with Pizza Boy because there isn't much there that's really more than a two dimensional underdog with a chip on his shoulder.  Maybe if things develop further that'll change, but it's probably true of Tony as well.

But yeah, there are sprinkles of my taste in there with music and pop culture minutia, but we're two different people PB and I
Back to top Go down
Scarlet

Scarlet

Hailing From : Virgina Beach, Va (Originally from Brooklyn, New York)

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 5:37 pm

Well...I can easily say that Scarlet and I have some similarities. Scarlet is basically who I may aspire to be like one day. She has this nice and vulnerable girl act that she uses to get what she wants. I kinda act like that towards acts I'm interested in, but that's mainly because it's fun and makes guys way more aggressive. But Scarlet can be a real vindictive bitch and even when make sure things fall into place for her at all costs.
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 5:44 pm

Kenny Drake is based mostly off my super annoying personality, but his violent streak is based off Kevin Steen, Marty Scurll, and others. 

Niki Khan is 100% my real life wife, though. So, I got that going for me.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 6:23 pm

Ye most definitely.
Back to top Go down
'Hollywood' Piff Fumador

'Hollywood' Piff Fumador

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 7:24 pm

defo me intoxicated
Back to top Go down
Butcher

Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 9:36 pm

yes, I'm writing all of it.

Last edited by Butcher on May 16th 2016, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 9:54 pm

No not much maybe the outside of the ring personality.
Back to top Go down
The Black Prince

The Black Prince

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 10:23 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Yeah, I always have.

I'm a shit-talking, arrogant, egotistical person anyway so it made it extremely easy to promo as myself.

This
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 10:40 pm

Well, can't say either way.... Haruna have my few personality like being an adventurer who loves to try something new. Also she has my bad habit... well, you know it. I feel like I doubt with my own ability and always failed to see my own potential

On the other hand, Haruna is a tsundere.... an opposite of my personality. I am actually a passive person and tend to avoid conflict by pull myself back from any arguments. So yeah...
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 11:52 pm

Bout a 70/30 split.
Back to top Go down
Beretta

Beretta

Hailing From : Boston

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 16th 2016, 11:58 pm

I've always had Beretta as just some cocky and arrogant prick. Almost like a wise guy but eventually, things will get more serious and more real. I'll begin to reveal more as far as background information and we'll see what happens. The biggest problem is that he's never had a real gimmick, just always has been himself so finding a good balance to that is what I have to do.
Back to top Go down
-

-

Hailing From : Lexington Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 17th 2016, 1:27 am

Early on JJ Silva was complete character only.. but I realized it wasn't who I am. After The Iconomy I put my personal beliefs and mindset into this character with my own attitude and opinions on EAW and it's people.. so JJ Silva is now 100% me.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 17th 2016, 2:13 am

Cloud/Steph is actually a combination of me, my best friend (who is an actual Japanese lesbian), and pieces of Mia Yim/Jade thrown into the mix. There are other things about her that originated through roleplay. Like Cloud, I like making friends and challenging myself at every turn. My best friend is my insight into what its like being Japanese, and Stephanie Bell (Jade's real name) fills in the blanks with her lovable personality.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 17th 2016, 5:59 am

I used to. When I came back I originally had an awesome idea but it didn't feel like me and I felt really uncomfortable with it. I do want to go back to it eventually, at some point, but certain things didn't go the way I wanted them to. I couldn't find a good balance between personality and character which is why I think it ultimately failed. Aside from that, especially when I was a face, it was 100% me.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 17th 2016, 2:41 pm

Starr Stan promos are pretty much just me talking, and I'll lean my attitude to face/heel if when I have to.
Back to top Go down
Tarah Nova
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Tarah Nova

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 17th 2016, 3:22 pm

Tbh, Yes. Tarah Nova is 100% my actaul personality. Doesn't matter if I have her as a Face or a Heel, Tarah is still cracking jokes, good at fast comebacks, Blunt as hell, cunning and is in the Leadership role. And thats how I am in real as well.
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 20th 2016, 6:02 am

I include my (godly) rl sense of humor and indulge a couple of sick thoughts that I tend to scratch up here and there but other than that, me and Carson are nothing alike.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 20th 2016, 5:51 pm

There are elements of my real-life personality in my character, absolutely. It's kind of like when you're cast in a role for a movie and you're driven to do your role so well that it eventually becomes a part of who you are. Any time you spend years writing a character, let alone eight years evolving, reinventing, adapting to the landscape around you, you're probably going to pour some legitimate emotion in that character at some point or another. That's why I don't get disinterested in what I'm doing, because I'm breathing life into my character through my dynamic, genuine emotions. That said, with a movie role you become the character, and in promos I feel like the character becomes me. So there are differences, they're birds of a slightly different feather, but you commit the same way. We just don't get paid. Sad
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
Empire
Empire
Aria Jaxon

Hailing From : Sparks City, California.
Status : Wanna seize the throne, but what would you do with all that control?

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 20th 2016, 6:14 pm

Definitely. We're not identical, but my personality has bled over into hers a looooot. I drew inspiration from a few different places (the way Sasha Banks carries herself in the ring, Beyonce's on-stage persona, Letty Ortiz from The Fast & the Furious franchise, and Dionne Davenport from the movie Clueless, among others). My actual personality is definitely one of the things that I think has shaped her as a character.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse Diemos
Dynasty
Dynasty
Eclipse Diemos

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 20th 2016, 6:23 pm

Eclipse is amplified greatly from my own personality. There are parts of him that are strictly character (murderer) but a lot of things that I write in promos are my own thought processes. It's statements I would have made, though a bit more articulate and with less swearing. Backstory wise and interaction with others is also pretty similar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 20th 2016, 6:49 pm

lol no
Back to top Go down
Cameron Ella Ava
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cameron Ella Ava

Hailing From : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? EmptyMay 20th 2016, 6:57 pm

Not at all. Cameron is a combination between Jade West and Regina George. She can be scary and very serious, but she can be very bitchy, manipulative and seem like the perfect person you'd want to be. Somehow with those two very different characters, I was able to become my character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?   Do you include your real personality in your promo/character? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you include your real personality in your promo/character?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next