Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Statement game - Page 8 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Statement game - Page 8 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Statement game - Page 8 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Statement game - Page 8 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Statement game - Page 8 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Statement game - Page 8 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Statement game - Page 8 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Statement game - Page 8 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Statement game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

Statement game - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 7th 2017, 10:02 pm

Agreed. Just an exhibition match between them is enough.

People probably remember Jericho more as a promoer/entertainer rather than a wrestler in future.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 7th 2017, 10:17 pm

Disagreed. I think history is going to regard Jericho as a complete, total package guy capable of filling in just about any role. He's not some one-trick pony. Jericho may not be what he used to be as a wrestler, but there was a period for a while where he was one of the best they had in the ring. He'll be remembered for a lot of things, not just his matches or promos, but in my mind he's one of very few "complete package" wrestlers that were capable of delivering a great match and a great promo on any given night. HHH, for instance, despite all of his accomplishments and accolades, is not one of those guys in my mind.

Inception is somewhat overrated.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 12:50 am

Slightly disagree, while it's lasting impression has already begun to fade, it was still a damn good flix and everyone still has a theory about what happens to the top.

A Steve Austin comeback match wouldn't live up to the hype
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 9:07 am

Disagree. I could understand your statement. Stone Cold has a lot of cameos to make a reminder that he's one of the biggest stars that WWE ever had BUT a comeback match is a different case. It's not a cameo, it's not a segment, it's a totally different case especially if you haven't wrestled for a long time (mind you, he was forced to stop wrestling because of Doctor's orders not under his own will) so it would be something special...even if he just wrestles for 5-10 minutes only. Fans would understand it. You can disagree with me as well, this is just my two cents and my statement, lol.

Rusev has a potential to be one of the top guys in WWE today if he drops his gimmick and get a chance to talk on the mic more often.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 12:49 pm

Disagree.  He can still be a main eventer, but I don't see him as being one of the top guys.  I see him more as what I call the "transition guy."  The guy moves in and out of the midcard and main event card depending on where he is needed.  As for his gimmick, I've always loved the anti-American foreign gimmick.  It's a classic that never gets old and can be very entertaining if done in proper taste...*cough* Muhammad Hassan *cough*

Hideo Itami is too injury prone to really succeed on the main roster of WWE
Back to top Go down
Amadeus
Voltage
Voltage
Amadeus

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 1:10 pm

Agreed, although I never really thought he had much of a chance at a fair shake on the main roster. The injury big just cements that. 

Samoa Joe will hold the Universal Title before the year is out.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 1:16 pm

Agreed, I see a monster push for Joe.

WWE's point of view of what a superstar looks like has definitely changed in the last five years with the likes of Bray, Joe, KO and etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 2:21 pm

Disagree. They've always had chubbier guys, even in prominent positions. See Mick Foley, Umaga, Yokozuna, Rikishi, Stan Hansen, Vader, Dusty Rhodes, King Kong Bundy, Bam Bam Bigelow and more for details. Doesn't mean Vince doesn't still get wet dreams over a Rock or Roman.

WWE have somewhat scaled back Andrade Almas' in ring style (and ditched the mask) because they see him as a work-in-progress with potential to be a success beyond the cruiserweight division.
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 2:43 pm

Agreed, it seems the idea is for him to fill the void left by del rio (obviously not take the essence of him and stuff, just fill a similar role)

Batista should have come back to feud with Brock Lesnar in 2014 instead of going for the title
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 2:46 pm

Agreed, now that DB isn't there to take all of the spotlight like how it was in 2014.

All of the prestige that Cena built around the US title with his open challenges is now gone thanks to Kalisto, Roman, Del Rio and etc.
Back to top Go down
вrσdч spαrks .
Empire
Empire
вrσdч spαrks .

Hailing From : Brockton ✈ Seattle
Status : ís єvíl sσmєthíng чσu αrє? σr ís ít sσmєthíng чσu dσ?

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 2:47 pm

Disagree

Naomi should face Alexa Bliss at Wrestlemania and finally win the title in her hometown. But we both know that wont happen cause WWE loves to make people lose in their hometowns.
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 5:47 pm

Agreed. In all honesty, Naomi deserves it, lol.

When The Rock gets inducted into the hall of fame, both Stone Cold and Mick Foley could do it together.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 6:37 pm

disagree, they might do one or the other, but not both.  My money is on Vin Diesel personally, like how they got Stallone for Hogan

I bought and use DDP Yoga
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 9:59 pm

Disagree. I have not thus i am forced to disagree

There is a reverse bias amongst smart marks that just cuz you're a big guy you can't wrestle. You saw this with Strowman most recently, people passing judgment on his skills before he even got a chance to breakout as he's recently done
Back to top Go down
Sir Killian Charlamagne
Dynasty
Dynasty
Sir Killian Charlamagne

Hailing From : Camelot, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 8th 2017, 10:24 pm

Agreed and disagreed honestly. While I will admit there seems to be a glass cieling with the internet marks about how a larger man can't wrestle, there seem to be exceptions such as Luke Gallows and Moose. 

WrestleMania as a two night event would save it from being a six hour show.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 10th 2017, 10:32 am

Agreed. It gives both brands a day to Main Event WM.

Kazuchika Okada can put in that list of great Japanese Wrestling Legends after how well his Rainmaker Character is now. We can safely put him along Inoki, Keiji Mutoh/Great Muta, Masahiro Chono, Shinya Hashimoto, Tanahashi, Nakamura
Back to top Go down
Sir Killian Charlamagne
Dynasty
Dynasty
Sir Killian Charlamagne

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 10th 2017, 10:56 am

What argument is there? He's main event-ed WrestleKingdom, and in one of the most talked about matches in ages too. Having hold the IWGP world championship on multiple occasions is no minor feat either. So yes, Okada with his Rainmaker character especially should be seen as one of the greats in Japanese wrestling. I would even put him up there with Inoki in comparison. 

There is no babyface on the NXT roster who could be seen as the next NXT champion that isn't Tye Dillinger.
Back to top Go down
Finnegan Wakefield
Voltage
Voltage
Finnegan Wakefield

Hailing From : Great Britain (actually Australia)

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 10th 2017, 8:54 pm

Disagree; Ohno (if he's face), Gargano, Ciampa, Strong & Thorne.

NXT needs to get more active star power.
Back to top Go down
Sir Killian Charlamagne
Dynasty
Dynasty
Sir Killian Charlamagne

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 11th 2017, 1:11 am

Oh agreed. Especially the women's and tag team divisions. 

99% of the IWC probably didn't know who Colt Cabana was until the pipebomb
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 11th 2017, 1:52 am

Disagree. If you are talking about "WWE fans" only then yes I agree. But the majority of IWC watches indy as well, hence why I disagree.

Shelton Benjamin should have been a World Champion, especially during the Ruthless Aggression Era (image Benjamin vs Angle vs Benoit at a Triple Threat).

Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 11th 2017, 3:02 am

disagree, even now Benjamin never really had the mic skills to make it as a true main eventer in the WWE.  

I want to see the wwe hall of fame get an actual psychical  building.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 11th 2017, 2:26 pm

Hell yes agree!

Silas Young is one of ROH's most underrated talents and should be an ROH World Champion
Back to top Go down
Hinata Shinoda

Hinata Shinoda

Hailing From : The Edge of Reality

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 12th 2017, 9:59 am

Idk, I haven't seen very much ROH, so I don't exactly know.

Most Joshi's Nowadays are both hot and can wrestle good matches. Aside from how it used to be, when Joshi's could put on amazing matches, but don't look the slightest bit of attractive.(I think the only one that looked attractive back then was Manami Toyota.)
Back to top Go down
Sir Killian Charlamagne
Dynasty
Dynasty
Sir Killian Charlamagne

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 15th 2017, 2:00 pm

Agreed. A lot of Joshi wrestlers have stepped up their game. 

Whether or not someone is talented at their profession is irrelevant to whether or not they are nice people; 

(Example, CM Punk is a talented wrestler but an asshole, Roman Reigns isn't the best talent (Even though he is underrated by the fans) but he at least seems like a chill person.)
Back to top Go down
Mike Showman
Voltage
Voltage
Mike Showman

Hailing From : Queens, New York

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 EmptyFebruary 15th 2017, 2:19 pm

Agreed. Your attitude matters a lot not only in wrestling but also in any sort of work environment. WWE's past is littered with incidents where a guy with a bad attitude did not go far (ex: The Public Enemy, great in ECW but destroyed in WWE because of backstage heat)

Vince McMahon never was a wrestling genius
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Statement game   Statement game - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Statement game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next