Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. Empty
PostSubject: A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.   A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. EmptyAugust 18th 2014, 7:40 pm

This was originally long as fuck, so I'll try to shorten this up.

There's three major questions (and a few sub-questions) surrounding Brock's win last night. With the first being, how often will he appear?

If you remember back when Brock first signed, just about every report said that Brock would be making about 30-35 appearances per year. Clearly that hasn't been the case, I'm not even entirely sure he's made that many overall. This could be looked at as a good sign though, if Brock still has a lot of appearances left on his contract it could very well be that he's going to use a lot of them up for this reign. I'm not expecting him to appear every week, nor do I think he should be... but it's very likely that he makes at least half of the shows as champion, he won't do any House Show work though, and I'm pretty sure we all expected that. A sub question of this would be, will he defend at every PPV? I think he may. He'll definitely defend at Night of Champions because WWE wants to stack the card in hopes that people renew their subscriptions for the Network. Then we have Hell in a Cell, and I mean c'mon... Lesnar... Champion... Cell? It's a match made in heaven. I fully expect him to defend at Survivor Series unless they've completely given up on the PPV. Then we get to TLC, normally this would be the event where I'd say "maybe he won't defend here"... but considering we've already had 1-2 PPV's this year where the title wasn't defended due to Bryan's injury plus the fact that TLC 2012 didn't have the title defended, I expect Lesnar to defend it here. Royal Rumble/Elimination Chamber could be interesting. He doesn't really have to defend at either but I expect him to defend at both. And obviously, he'll defend at WrestleMania.

Who will he face as Champion?

I see Lesnar getting three opponents before his WrestleMania feud begins. That's three opponents for about 6-7 months. Cena, Orton, Batista... those are going to be the ONLY three opponents Lesnar gets from now until WrestleMania, I can't imagine putting anyone else in, but as I said in a previous thread, if there was going to be a 4th, it would be someone random like Big Show. Maybe opponents is a bad word to use though, they'll more or less be "victims".

Who will he face at WrestleMania?

There's a report that Vince wants The Rock, and Triple H wants Roman Reigns. There's another report, albeit not as legitimate that says if healthy, Stephanie thinks Bryan would make a good opponent. The three are reportedly butting heads over who he should face. Bryan will make for the best match, The Rock will make the most money, and Roman Reigns will thrust WWE into a new era. Personally, I'd go with The Rock but I think the chances of it happening are slim to none, (and this is all assuming Reigns DOESN'T improve in the next eight months, which I don't expect). Nonetheless it should be interesting to see what happens come February-March.

I don't know why I made this, but ye.
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.   A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. EmptyAugust 18th 2014, 7:44 pm

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.   A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. EmptyAugust 18th 2014, 8:05 pm

What I posted on the other thread:

NOC: Cena w/ a stip

HIAC: Off

Survivor Series: Bray Wyatt

TLC: Batista chairs match

Royal Rumble: Daniel Bryan (Cesaro if Bryan is injured)

WM: Reigns or The Rock (or triple threat)

I could see Orton facing him at Survivor Series or HIAC, and either switching the match with Bray or just giving Orton both matches. I also read The Rock wouldn't be available for WM this year b/c of Fast and Furious.

I'm not worried about Brock's schedule, since he doesn't wrestle on tv or house shows anyway. 1 or 2 appearances in-between PPVs is fine for me if he's defending the belt every month. Heyman/video packages will do the rest. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't defend every PPV, but Scott made a good point about the title not being on the line earlier in the year.

I don't think a title defense at Elimination Chamber is necessary, but that would put into question the entire PPV concept since the royal rumble is already deciding the number one contender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.   A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. EmptyAugust 19th 2014, 4:48 am

If fucking Roman Reigns wins it off of Lesnar.. I don't even know what I'm going to do. I get they're trying to push him to holy hell, but come on. Ambrose is more title ready than him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.   A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. EmptyAugust 19th 2014, 5:23 am

If Rock returns to beat Lesnar, I'll lose all my faith in WWE.
Back to top Go down
StarrStan

StarrStan

Hailing From : Phila

PostSubject: Re: A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.   A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. EmptyAugust 19th 2014, 3:34 pm

Aye but imagine Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose for the title at Payback next year, Seth or Roman champ going in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.   A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. EmptyAugust 19th 2014, 3:38 pm

Lesnar can take off TLC or whatever, would be so surreal to see Lesnar in a HIAC again and def in the Elimination Chamber.
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.   A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. EmptyAugust 19th 2014, 4:41 pm

Lesnar vs. Bryan at WM is what every self-respecting fan should want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.   A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign. Empty

Back to top Go down

A semi-introspective look at Brock Lesnar's title reign.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1