EAW | Season 10
EAW is all around the best form of e-federation on the web. We have intricate stories/scripts, amazing graphics, talented writers and artists, a booming community, unrivaled productivity, a near decade of prestige and we've been a model of consistency with no signs of slowing down. This may be a big pond, but if you're consistent and active on the website you will find yourself greatly enjoying your time here. We have all different people from different backgrounds who interact daily, and while we may seem like a bustling big city, at the end of the day we're truly a community. Get assigned to one of the 3 brands today!





 
HomeEAW Main SitePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO EAW ::: EAW PAIN FOR PRIDE X IS COMING YOUR WAY! ::: MAIN SITE TO BE REDESIGNED SOON :::
CLICK ARROW TO HIDE SIDEBAR
Top posting users this week
JohnnyFNNova
 
TLA
 
CM Bank$
 
Y2Impact
 
Mr. DEDEDE
 
Lucas Johnson
 
Moongoose McQueen
 
Anthony Leonhart
 
坂崎ハルナ
 
Nasir Moore
 
Latest topics
» Should underaged girls be required to have parental consent to get an abortion?
by ThePizzaBoy Today at 2:39 pm

» Hunter x Hunter Manga Resumes June 26th
by Robbie V Today at 1:52 pm

» Statement game
by Okane Moeru Today at 1:14 pm

» EAW Promoz!
by RoViper Today at 1:13 pm

» Abelard Becker
by Lucas Johnson Today at 12:59 pm

» EAW Feed
by Aren Mstislav Today at 12:55 pm

Upcoming Events


Share | 
 

 Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tiberius IV
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 2631
Age : 24
Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : Insert "I'm a hustling" type phrase, but yeah guess progressing through life now.

PostSubject: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 7:23 am

The great one, the people's champion has the audacity to call the best in the wrold on WWE soil. Never would be done for D Bryan. Rock and CM Punk the two best ever, take that Robbie!





Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

avatar

Posts : 5171
Age : 21
Status : Until we meet again.

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 7:32 am

CM Punk was always better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nasir Moore

avatar

Posts : 2894
Age : 20
Hailing From : A Higher plane of existence~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 7:45 am

Lucian wrote:
CM Punk was always better
^


Nasir Moore Wiki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamie O'Hara

avatar

Posts : 1294
Age : 23
Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia
Status : Get In The Fucking Sea

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 7:48 am

Both sucked tbh. 

:shrug:



GLORY GLORY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

avatar

Posts : 5171
Age : 21
Status : Until we meet again.

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 7:55 am

@Jamie O'Hara wrote:
Both sucked tbh. 

:shrug:
Like 90% of the Bullet Club?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamie O'Hara

avatar

Posts : 1294
Age : 23
Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia
Status : Get In The Fucking Sea

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 8:04 am

Lucian wrote:
@Jamie O'Hara wrote:
Both sucked tbh. 

:shrug:
Like 90% of the Bullet Club?

I'll forgive you for this. I can't blame latecomers to the bandwagon for not knowing the talent that Bullet Club had for many years. It doesn't help when only attention is given to either those well established before joining (Styles, Rhodes) or those popularised by the internet (Omega, Bucks). 

:punk:



GLORY GLORY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 2328
Age : 20
Hailing From : The Upper Room
Status : PASSES ARE WAY MORE COOL WHEN YOU FORCE THEM THROUGH TRIPLE COVERAGE

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 9:03 am

Bryan at his peak was more beloved by the audience and didn't have to do any worked shoot promos to get over. Bryan created a chant still heard in sports arenas around the globe. CM Punk promised ice cream bars that turned out to be undelivered promises. Hold that L.


Ares Vendetta wrote:
Sometime after that, Demon decides he wants to win the Grand Rampage Match after being virtually non-existent on the promos page despite having himself reign for a good deal as Hall of Fame Champion and having himself and Mexican Samurai go to the Semi-Finals of a Tag Team Tournament that he never intended to win and to only use as a means for his feud. So Demon actually tries promoing hard for once, and ends up losing to Impact, who not only put out better promos and just as many, but had actually given a shit about promoing prior to the event. Demon decides he’s had enough and retires, most likely believing he was cheated out of winning because Lucian Black lasted longer than him and Impact won in literally the least pre-determined Grand Rampage Match ever.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 2328
Age : 20
Hailing From : The Upper Room
Status : PASSES ARE WAY MORE COOL WHEN YOU FORCE THEM THROUGH TRIPLE COVERAGE

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 9:03 am

In all seriousness, this was pretty cool. Only The Rock.


Ares Vendetta wrote:
Sometime after that, Demon decides he wants to win the Grand Rampage Match after being virtually non-existent on the promos page despite having himself reign for a good deal as Hall of Fame Champion and having himself and Mexican Samurai go to the Semi-Finals of a Tag Team Tournament that he never intended to win and to only use as a means for his feud. So Demon actually tries promoing hard for once, and ends up losing to Impact, who not only put out better promos and just as many, but had actually given a shit about promoing prior to the event. Demon decides he’s had enough and retires, most likely believing he was cheated out of winning because Lucian Black lasted longer than him and Impact won in literally the least pre-determined Grand Rampage Match ever.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

avatar

Posts : 5171
Age : 21
Status : Until we meet again.

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 12:02 pm

@Y2Impact wrote:
Bryan at his peak was more beloved by the audience and didn't have to do any worked shoot promos to get over. Bryan created a chant still heard in sports arenas around the globe. CM Punk promised ice cream bars that turned out to be undelivered promises. Hold that L.
So you're saying Bryan is better just cause the audience liked him more? Don't get me wrong I am a HUGE Daniel Bryan fan, but CM Punk didn't have to run down the ramp screaming "Yes!" repeatedly every week to get people to notice him. Instead he cut one promo and everyone instantly loved him. They noticed him before that obviously but that one promo made him a bigger star than he was already. People still do the yes chants, yeah. Usually when Daniel is around. But people REMEMBER the pipebomb even tho it's been years since it happened. Worked shoot or not people remember it. Anyone could have cut that promo really, but not like Punk did it. Punk was a great talker, better than Bryan imo. When it comes to in-ring skills they were about even. Again, this is just my opinion. They were both equally good in the ring to me. Punk wasn't just a good wrestler he was a good talker. Bryan wasn't a bad talker, he isn't a bad talker but he certainly isn't one of the greatest talkers ever. I'd say fans loved them both equally too honestly. Both were fucking awesome, that's something nobody can deny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brian Daniels
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Guardians Of The Galaxy
avatar

Posts : 3290
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 12:03 pm

Oh, here we go...

:punk:


Back to top Go down
View user profile
MTM



Posts : 2373
Age : 17
Hailing From : San Diego, California
Status : Welcome back to my world.

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 12:08 pm

GC and Imp, both of your opinions are irrelevant.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
GC

avatar

Posts : 5171
Age : 21
Status : Until we meet again.

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 12:14 pm

@Brian Daniels wrote:
Oh, here we go...

:punk:
:yes:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Y2Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
avatar

Posts : 2328
Age : 20
Hailing From : The Upper Room
Status : PASSES ARE WAY MORE COOL WHEN YOU FORCE THEM THROUGH TRIPLE COVERAGE

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 12:17 pm

Lucian wrote:
@Y2Impact wrote:
Bryan at his peak was more beloved by the audience and didn't have to do any worked shoot promos to get over. Bryan created a chant still heard in sports arenas around the globe. CM Punk promised ice cream bars that turned out to be undelivered promises. Hold that L.
So you're saying Bryan is better just cause the audience liked him more? Don't get me wrong I am a HUGE Daniel Bryan fan, but CM Punk didn't have to run down the ramp screaming "Yes!" repeatedly every week to get people to notice him. Instead he cut one promo and everyone instantly loved him. They noticed him before that obviously but that one promo made him a bigger star than he was already. People still do the yes chants, yeah. Usually when Daniel is around. But people REMEMBER the pipebomb even tho it's been years since it happened. Worked shoot or not people remember it. Anyone could have cut that promo really, but not like Punk did it. Punk was a great talker, better than Bryan imo. When it comes to in-ring skills they were about even. Again, this is just my opinion. They were both equally good in the ring to me. Punk wasn't just a good wrestler he was a good talker. Bryan wasn't a bad talker, he isn't a bad talker but he certainly isn't one of the greatest talkers ever. I'd say fans loved them both equally too honestly. Both were fucking awesome, that's something nobody can deny.
I respect your argument, but let's see here

IN PUNK'S FAVOR:

- better on the mic

IN BRYAN'S FAVOR:

- Did something Punk always wanted to do but never could by actually headlining WrestleMania (and winning)
- Actually picked up the W vs. Triple H
- better in-ring wrestler
- more followers on twitter
- didn't switch to UFC and get his shit fucked up

IN CONCLUSION:

Bryan did everything that CM Punk always wanted to do, but never could. Beautiful Bryan takes the W. Mic work is important and all, but when Bryan beats him on every other front, it's really no contest. I mean, you could argue they're equal in the ring, but you'd be wrong. Punk was very good, definitely in the upper echelon, but Bryan was a generational talent and all of the accolades he received over his career (various "Wrestler of the Year" type awards) back that statement up.

:fact:


Ares Vendetta wrote:
Sometime after that, Demon decides he wants to win the Grand Rampage Match after being virtually non-existent on the promos page despite having himself reign for a good deal as Hall of Fame Champion and having himself and Mexican Samurai go to the Semi-Finals of a Tag Team Tournament that he never intended to win and to only use as a means for his feud. So Demon actually tries promoing hard for once, and ends up losing to Impact, who not only put out better promos and just as many, but had actually given a shit about promoing prior to the event. Demon decides he’s had enough and retires, most likely believing he was cheated out of winning because Lucian Black lasted longer than him and Impact won in literally the least pre-determined Grand Rampage Match ever.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nasir Moore

avatar

Posts : 2894
Age : 20
Hailing From : A Higher plane of existence~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 12:58 pm

sounds like it's poll time to me


Nasir Moore Wiki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Showman

avatar

Posts : 946
Age : 19
Hailing From : Queens, New York
Status : Life is full of opportunities

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 1:26 pm

Rock pulled off an amazing thing. Someone should have recorded Vince's live reaction there lol.

As far as Punk and Bryan goes, Punk will always be a better man on the mic. His mic skills are legendary and he can be believable both as a face and a heel. As far as Bryan goes, he is a better wrestler than Punk. Although the difference between them is not huge, it still is there and Bryan wins it.






Thank you for this Jakob DeLion 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jon McAdams

avatar

Posts : 289
Hailing From : England, United Kingdoms
Status : I AM SOVEREIGN

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 2:11 pm

@Y2Impact wrote:
Lucian wrote:
@Y2Impact wrote:
Bryan at his peak was more beloved by the audience and didn't have to do any worked shoot promos to get over. Bryan created a chant still heard in sports arenas around the globe. CM Punk promised ice cream bars that turned out to be undelivered promises. Hold that L.
So you're saying Bryan is better just cause the audience liked him more? Don't get me wrong I am a HUGE Daniel Bryan fan, but CM Punk didn't have to run down the ramp screaming "Yes!" repeatedly every week to get people to notice him. Instead he cut one promo and everyone instantly loved him. They noticed him before that obviously but that one promo made him a bigger star than he was already. People still do the yes chants, yeah. Usually when Daniel is around. But people REMEMBER the pipebomb even tho it's been years since it happened. Worked shoot or not people remember it. Anyone could have cut that promo really, but not like Punk did it. Punk was a great talker, better than Bryan imo. When it comes to in-ring skills they were about even. Again, this is just my opinion. They were both equally good in the ring to me. Punk wasn't just a good wrestler he was a good talker. Bryan wasn't a bad talker, he isn't a bad talker but he certainly isn't one of the greatest talkers ever. I'd say fans loved them both equally too honestly. Both were fucking awesome, that's something nobody can deny.
I respect your argument, but let's see here

IN PUNK'S FAVOR:

- better on the mic

IN BRYAN'S FAVOR:

- Did something Punk always wanted to do but never could by actually headlining WrestleMania (and winning)
- Actually picked up the W vs. Triple H
- better in-ring wrestler
- more followers on twitter
- didn't switch to UFC and get his shit fucked up

IN CONCLUSION:

Bryan did everything that CM Punk always wanted to do, but never could. Beautiful Bryan takes the W. Mic work is important and all, but when Bryan beats him on every other front, it's really no contest. I mean, you could argue they're equal in the ring, but you'd be wrong. Punk was very good, definitely in the upper echelon, but Bryan was a generational talent and all of the accolades he received over his career (various "Wrestler of the Year" type awards) back that statement up.

:fact:

Respecting both arguments here as I am a fan of both Bryan and Punk, but admittedly, Punks attitude and who he was resonated with me more(Maybe cause I'm an asshole. I don't know.) But I also love Daniel Bryan and hes the kind of person you'd want to aspire to be. 

but allow me to offer up a counter:

Depending on the merit we place on both Dave Meltzer's rating system and CM Punks words I would argue that Punk having two 5 star matches under his belt and Daniel Bryan never being able to achieve that is something that ways heavily on the side of CM Punk as a better wrestler, and that's keeping in mind, Punk has those and also rarely wrestled a bad match (Bryan won Oustanding Wrestler of the Decade through the same newsletter but never achieved that 5 star match) second, Daniel Bryan's success was a multitude of things. It was his skill, and his popularity but it was a result of WWE's terrible booking as well as Batista's return and Bryan's elimination at the Rumble. His popularity was spit in the face of the people writing the show who were trying to put their guy over. I would go so far to argue that it was because of CM Punk and what he said, and what he did when he walked out that pushed this forward. 

Daniel Bryan definitely earned his stripes and deserved his main event, but I don't think it would have happened quite as organically without CM Punk, you can even throw Zack Ryder's name in there for his Ryder Revolution being another instance of the fans insisting on what they wanted. But we should all remember on one night, CM Punk went from being just some guy who was good at wrestling, to the reason people watched WWE again because of one promo.

I think it comes down to who you resonate more with, when you're comparing Bryan to Punk, I would even put his accollades into question against Punk. Punk was white hot and SHOULD have beaten HHH, that would have been best for business. CM Punk SHOULD have been in the main event against teh Rock and Cena, that would have been a better match to watch and best for business. The difference between Punk and Bryan is somebody actually did the right thing. regardless of who was better or worse.



Achievements
Former Hardcore Champion 
1 Successful Title Defense
1X Rising star of the week
1X Promoer of the week (with others at Shock Value top prospect match
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moongoose McQueen

avatar

Posts : 221
Status : They see me Rollin' they hatin'

PostSubject: Re: Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan   February 21st 2017, 3:44 pm

Eh, likes apples and oranges. CM Punk became huge for doing his own thing, and Bryan became huge for constantly being the victim of something and being the underdog. Honestly, I think the one thing that sucks the most for Bryan is that since coming to the WWE, I've always felt he was being held back and had just as much potential as Punk in terms of being edgy. I mean, just look at his ROH day. The guy has the mic skills. But it really just changed in the fact how both started with WWE career where Punk was this independent high prospect talent in ECW at the time and Daniel Bryan had to go through things the Tough Enough way, which quite frankly, I think was the longer way to go in terms of getting a push. 

Lets not forget the fact that A LOT of moments hindered Daniel Bryan overall push, like having to get fired over the tie incident and so on, but I think what isn't fair is that Daniel Bryan was always pushed as the underdog, while CM Punk was always the leader. I would give CM Punk a ton of credit for basically being himself and being put on the map. I mean Straight Edge Society, the pipe bomb, and the ability to play the extreme guy. Where we look at Daniel Bryan, who quite frankly was never anything like his American Dragon days, where lets face it, WWE's version is domesticated. Once again, this is where I believe there is an edge for punk, because yeah, people can talk about feud of the years and match of the years, but a lot of those feuds and matches are driven by the fact that there are tons of ego going involved. Cena vs Punk was just that, where I do always believe matches where there is a huge discrepancy of an underdog vs the unstoppable force to be a 5 star match contender. And no, I never once believed CM Punk was ever an underdog even during his feud with Cena. Not even during his MMA stint did he feel like an underdog with his ego and arrogance. But I do feel that Daniel Bryan was just always portrayed as such, and we all have seen just how savage Daniel Bryan can be on the mic. 

At this point, you can just argue, CM Punk is better, because he was able to maintain his personality and get to where he is on his own merits. But at the same time, for all the Bullcrap Daniel Bryan was put through, especially with the Miz and hell, I think intentionally being left out to draw more heat. But its like what I hear when people talk about Nakamura. Nakamura could be given the worse gimmick ever, but people are naturally just going to resonate with his charm and charisma and support him anyway. And that is likely what is what helped Daniel Bryan get through a ton of hiccups in his time with WWE. 

Now personally, I like Daniel Bryan more. I feel his matches were more consistent and despite not having 5 star matches, I don't think he has had bad matches. If anything, I'd give him more credit for being able to work so well with others, he made other people look good. I mean, look at the Miz. Miz was crap until he started really working with Bryan. And honestly, if the roles were reversed, where Punk was the underdog and Bryan was the edgy one, I don't think Punk could had pulled off  what Daniel Bryan did, but the other way around, yeah, I think Daniel Bryan could make it work. Once again, not to discredit what Punk has done. He basically did was only few wrestlers like Stone Cold Steve Austin has done and was able to just become himself as a character, which is amazing and it worked so well for him. But I feel like Daniel Bryan could had done more on many levels with his talent, and if WWE let him go loose at the time, Punk wouldn't had seem as special. Honestly, I think if you think pre-WWE, Brian Danielson was a bigger prospect than Punk, but the way both men were pushed is so parallel and part of me is kind of disappointed that Daniel Bryan pretty much just "did his job" where Punk made his moment opposing it, its still impressive he was able to make it work. 

But I won't lie to myself when I say, yes, I do believe CM Punk did pave the way WWE does things now in terms of allowing WWE to put faith in the indie talent. Honestly, I feel this comparison is similar to Bret Hart (Daniel Bryan) to Shawn Michaels (CM Punk), where people will say Bret Hart is clearly the better all around wrestler and probably would had been bigger if he was more edgy, but HBK man, he really changed the game by having WWE put a world title on someone that wasn't a powerhouse and made room for just about anyone to win it. While I'm sure HBK wasn't the first lightweight to win the heavyweight title, he is certainly the name that comes up, and unfortunately, if people ask who was probably the guy that brought in all the indie talents we see today, CM Punk will probably get credit for it.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

Just another reason CM Punk is better than Daniel Bryan

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Golf Punk Lucky Draw - 3 Daniel Hectar Watches to be won
» Austin Aries VS Danial Bryan VS AJ Styles VS CM Punk
» The Daniel Bryan Situation
» Reactions To CM Punks Promo
» The real reason that Finlay was fired and Daniel v Sheamus was a dark match?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EAW | Season 10 :: Interact :: General Discussion-