Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Is it ever ok to hit a child? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Is it ever ok to hit a child? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Is it ever ok to hit a child? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Is it ever ok to hit a child? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Is it ever ok to hit a child? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Is it ever ok to hit a child? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Is it ever ok to hit a child? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Is it ever ok to hit a child? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Is it ever ok to hit a child?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

Is it ever ok to hit a child? Empty
PostSubject: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 5:13 am

We had the threads on is it ever ok for a woman to hit a man or a man to hit a woman...

But is it acceptable to hit a child to you?  :demonic: 
Did you get beatings? :demonic:
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 5:29 am

No. There's always another way to solve a problem. Most children don't know better and hitting them will make them think it's okay to hit people.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 6:06 am

People say that those kids that were beat turned out for better (respectful in a way). People say that those kids that weren't beat turned out greedy, disrespectful in a way. I don't tend to think of things that way but I think the parents and the situation have to be evaluated for us to judge where it's fair or not to beat a kid. Obviously many parents beat for no reason but sometimes there is a reason we don't know about. My honest opinion is that they should not be beat but I would be willing to 'understand' if someone was, speaking from a point where I was barely beat as a kid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 6:17 am

only if they be a lil bitch or retarded
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 9:50 am

Matt Ryder wrote:
only if they be a lil bitch or retarded

Yeah, like he should have been beaten a lot
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 9:57 am

NO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 10:11 am

No, people who do that are stupid. The kids only turn out for the worst
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 12:15 pm

Alright. I debated posting in this topic with myself for a solid amount of time and I decided I would. I'm going completely out of character for this one (yes, half the time in chat I'm in character, I'm not that big of a douchebag) so this is going to be pretty real. It's a long story, but I'll try to condense it the best I can.

My parents divorced when I was a toddler. I can't remember the exact age, but I do know I don't have a single memory of them being together. The earliest memories I can remember are of my Dad being single and my Mother being remarried to her second husband, Rob. My Mom and Dad never laid a hand on me. There were always the threats. "Get over here before I give you a whoopin'!" Shit like that. That always worked, I mean, nobody wants to get whooped. Rob, on the other hand.

Well, Rob liked to kick the shit out of me. The first time I can remember him putting his hands on me was when I was 6. It was over something completely trivial: I didn't draw him into my family picture I made in class. Yeah. It was a quick swat to the back of the head. It hurt. I was a little kid. This was only the beginning.

See, Rob had a knack for taking his frustrations out on the old bottle, and in turn, me. He was very controlling and had to have everything his way or he raged, and raged often he did. Everything from making me call him Dad to not finishing my plate at dinner. And before anyone chimes in, he never gave me a spanking. He hit me. And kicked me. And threw me. Enough to bruise and draw blood. Eventually it became noticeable, and when my Father found out, as you can imagine, he wasn't happy. Police were notified, however my Mother took the side of Rob and covered for him. It took him to start beating on her for her to leave him, months later. Right cunt she is, and this plays a large role in why I do not talk to her.

So to answer your question, no, it's not okay to hit kids. There are better methods to discipline that will teach them without fucking 'em up.

peace one love
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 1:13 pm

How I was raised I get when I act out in public or do something horribly wrong. To me hitting your child is somewhat of a good form of discipline and pretty old fashion. It's suppose to be a way to straighten out your kids from preventing them from making the same mistake. Plus you are stop to getting whoopings when you are like 10-12 because by then you are able to reason with a child from right and wrong . so I believe to hit a child at a certain degree and with the intent on correction and reforming or shaping their behavior.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 3:18 pm

I got beat like once maybe twice, most of the time my punishments would be having to stay on my knees looking at a wall for a period of time because my school fights were mostly minor and I was the one she could count on to wake her up in time for work because I liked helping her. We all got beat, my sister even got sent to live with our grand parents in Haiti for a time period, my brother got the most beatings because he'd never stop being dumb but we all turned out very differently anyways. I understand why my mom did it since she didn't have time due to working night shifts and raising us alone, but at the end of the day occasional beatings as a quick fix to wrongs isn't that effective. 

There's no simple answer to this question in my view. You have to get to know your child and realize what type of discipline and conversation will help them, if they can be helped at all. People often forget that some brats just have shitty temperaments that change very little regardless of what is done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 3:56 pm

Adults are just bigger, less imaginative children.
 :dave: 
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 4:13 pm

No child should ever be hit out of anger. If you're going to hit your child, it's gotta be systematic where the child knows what they did was severely wrong and requires punishment. Also, it has to actually be severely wrong. The point of hitting should be that ''last straw'' punishment, because honestly taking things away is much more effective of a punishment.

With that said hell yeah i get my ass whooped by my mom, out of anger or for anything. Thats just the way it went in her family, but she was loving so i never felt betrayed. My spankings were like slap-stick, its like she could whoop me with a switch and id be back doing the same shit i did before, or pretending like nothing happened. My dad rarely ever hit me doe. I guess it doesnt make a difference since Im still a low down bastard, but I think its good to have several diff methods of reinforcing character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 6:12 pm

For reals, nah man. I don't know your definition of hit but if you have a teen or pre teen going off on you and legit makes you feel bad, and raising your voice just heightens even more, hitting wont do anything. They just gonna keep on doing it til they get a rise out of you or get what they want. Just listen to em and uh, that word... Compromise.
Back to top Go down
Anderson.

Anderson.

Hailing From : Toronto, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 6:19 pm

I think as a parent, hitting a child is alright at times. I likely will never do it, but I don't think it's bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 7:40 pm

It's not always bad to do so as long as there's a reasonable explanation. But I for one probably wouldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyJuly 18th 2014, 8:05 pm

Deep, serious answers from EAW?  :disgust:  :disgust:  :disgust:
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyMay 7th 2015, 9:13 pm

It's okay to hit children at your own risk, but whatever amount of effectiveness it has will be mitigated by the ensuing consequences you have to deal with in modern society if your child says you beat them to an outside party. Personally, I don't think it's an effective method of discipline both having experienced it myself as a child and observing other parents & children who have been through it. 

In fact, you know what? Fuck it. Beat your kids. Beat your husband. Beat your wife. Beat your girlfriend. Beat your boyfriend. Beat your kid's kid. Beat everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyFebruary 12th 2017, 5:05 am

Physical punishment isn't against the law if it doesn't leave a mark for more than 24 hours, if it's open handed and you aren't using some sort of foreign object to hit the child
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyFebruary 13th 2017, 2:02 am

I'd beat the shit out of my son if he was as disappointing as Voltage is
Back to top Go down
Sir Killian Charlamagne
Dynasty
Dynasty
Sir Killian Charlamagne

Hailing From : Camelot, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyFebruary 13th 2017, 2:56 am

My Dad never beat me or my brothers. Nor would I ever be whatever offspring of mine comes out of Laura's pussy. 

Except in Hockey. Then they're pretty much fucked
Back to top Go down
Amani
Empire
Empire
Amani

Hailing From : Chiraq

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyFebruary 13th 2017, 4:54 pm

My mom hit me and my siblings to teach us a lesson or to make us shut up/behave in front of guests. Shit, sometimes she still does, although she hasn't really hit me in years since I'm too old for that shit lol. 

The niggas saying no are probs white and pussies lmao. I've seen far too many times my friend or just someone I know (white boys and girls) going OFF on their parents and getting no punishment. If I even said one word in defiance to my mom, I'd be 6 feet under but these kids will straight up curse out their mom or some crazy shit. That's when your ass gets spoiled and annoying, and you probably weren't punished as a kid. So yes it is okay to extents and depending on the situation because otherwise the whole world would be bratty af.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyFebruary 13th 2017, 5:04 pm

Its about as okay to hit a child as it is to hit a woman

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Impact
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Impact

Hailing From : The Upper Room

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyFebruary 13th 2017, 5:05 pm

Just saying, physical abuse doesn't always result in good child behavior. I was pretty much maimed as a kid and all that did was make me twice as defiant. If you have to be beaten in order to behave correctly, chances are you weren't a very smart kid. Not that it should be expected from children, anyway, but you have serious issues if you think the best and most effective form of discipline is by punishing your children physically. I don't think parents who do it should be punished unless it's extremely severe, but if you don't wise up despite mountains of evidence indicating in a lot of cases that it doesn't do shit but make your kids feel unwelcome in their own home, that shit is on you. It was usually when my mom/dad would verbally accost me and kind of make me feel guilty that I'd understand what was up, thus becoming more willing to change my ways and shit. I got destroyed and it never "built character." It never did anything but piss me the fuck off and cause me to harbor unnecessary resentment that could have been fixed with a conversation. If beating your kids is an inherent part of your culture, chances are your culture is fucking garbage. I'm not saying never beat your kids, do what works, but if you find that something else works without all of the trauma & can still mold your children into being respectful individuals that don't scream and holler at their parents, that is always a better method.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyFebruary 13th 2017, 5:08 pm

No! I'm strictly against have a kid being beaten like that. Some kids generally fear their parents because of it, and to have your kids scared of being around you or even attempting something that goes against a parent's wishes, It's a cruel to ever do. And some cases it's the start of a kid looking at their parents the wrong way. I know people who never want to see their parents after they moved out because of how they got hit by their mom or dad. I've personally never been hit by my mom and dad cuz they both have been affected from previous slaps and etc. And they know how bad their relations with their parents were and they don't want to me and my siblings to be like them with their relations.

I believe that a parent's job is to guide a child to the right path till they can start making decisions for themselves but using physical violence is the worst way to do that. 

I'm especially against it if you're beating your kid to show that you are the person with all the power and the kids can't try to go above it. Having roots in a country where violence against a kid is just regarded as just a normal punishment, I've seen kids getting slapped. You can do a lot of other things then hit them.

Because here some things that happen because kids were slapped. They completely despise their parents or they start to become afraid of them.Another one is where they finally have had enough and hit back the parent
Back to top Go down
вrσdч spαrks .
Empire
Empire
вrσdч spαrks .

Hailing From : Brockton ✈ Seattle
Status : ís єvíl sσmєthíng чσu αrє? σr ís ít sσmєthíng чσu dσ?

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? EmptyMarch 4th 2017, 9:33 am

There is a difference between being abused, and needing to beat clocked. Kids are way too slick with their parents.  I was getting spanks and beatings as a kid. I would use that method on my children as well. I don't have time for children popping off the mouth. 

All in all, it just depends. Some parents take it overboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it ever ok to hit a child?   Is it ever ok to hit a child? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it ever ok to hit a child?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-