Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts   Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 10:51 am

I loved this event and think it'll really help reinvigorate the cruiserweight division. Now they just need to keep it going.

I'm really glad TJP won the classic although not really surprised. I had a feeling they'd use the classic as a way to crown a new champion and obviously they need the guy to be able to do promos and Metalik doesn't appear to speak too good of English if any. Even still a great showing from both guys

I really love the cruiserweight belt. I kinda reminds me of a boxing belt and it makes it look important. I'm just curious why they didn't do this for the other belts. I legitimately thought the new belt would be just a really tiny Universal Championship lol

All in all i think this tournament was a booming success
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts   Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 12:53 pm

I'm really happy for TJ. I'm not going to pretend he was my first pick or that I even was a fan of his but after that final match I became a huge fan. I've known about him for years but never really liked him much until now. Hope he continues to succeed in WWE.
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts   Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 12:57 pm

Agree 100% about the belt. I was even telling my buddy last night that it looks like a boxing title, and that kinda gives every match a "big fight feel" for it. I'm not even bothered that it's Purple...if it was Blue, I woulda been hella pissed.

TJP winning was a HUGE surprise, though, as my money was on Ibushi or ZSJ from the beginning. When ZSJ lost and IBUSHI TAPPED, my wife and I were in legitimate shock. 

Also, I feel like the stiff chops from Metalik were TJP's receipt for not catching him on the outside. Those welts are burned into my corneas.

All in all, loved every second of it. TBK, TJP, ZSJ, and Ibushi were the standouts, and it was surreal to see Noam Dar and Cedric Alexander team against DIY (which, btw, I hate that name). 

10/10
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts   Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 3:16 pm

The entire tourney was great and I loved the basic,competitive, realistic stories they told within the tournament.  Anybody who doesn't think pure wrestling could get over with a US audience to a point where they pick favorites is sadly mistaken.  

I learned about two weeks ago that Mascara Dorada was Gran Metalik, so I went into the finals with a hunch he'd pull out a shocking victory.  I was wrong, but not by as much as I could have been.  I didn't expect TJP to go so far.  As a matter of fact, in my original bracketology he didn't make it out of the first round.  I'm glad he did.  He became the Cinderella story of the entire thing.  

Everyone expected Ibushi and Sabre in the finals, self-included up until minutes before the show.  Again, I had a hunch that a guy as notable in lucha as Dorada wouldn't give up his name and his image without winning or at least making it to the finals.  When they whipped out the finals medallions I figured that would be his payoff to lay down to Ibushi.  Boy was I ever wrong.  

As an NC'er whose been watching Cedric for most of his career, I'm extremely happy at how well received he is and I have high hopes for him going forward.  I wonder about the Sabre and Ibushi a bit considering commentary comments.  Will they stick around?

Such a roller coaster ride it has been.  This has been a welcome void filler between Lucha Underground seasons.  I can't wait until next year when they, hopefully, do it again.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts   Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts EmptySeptember 15th 2016, 5:58 pm

As far as i know kota and zack did not sign with wwe which is why they lost in the semi-finals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts   Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Cruiserweight Classic Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1