Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

AMA: Ask Marx Anything

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bhris Elite
Voltage
Voltage
Bhris Elite

AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2017, 8:23 pm

Dream scenario for your first world title win?

Favorite opponents since joining?

Would I be annoying if I asked for a sig?

If the answer is no may I please get one?
Back to top Go down
Ryan Marx
Showdown
Showdown
Ryan Marx

Hailing From : London, England

PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2017, 8:39 pm

Chris Elite wrote:
Dream scenario for your first world title win?

I don't really have a specific dream scenario, but if I won it at a big FPV that would be awesome. If it was after a gruelling match, and the culmination of some big story regarding Marx's character or development, that would be really interesting as well and just add to the 'dream' part of it. But yeah, I don't really have any specific ideas.

Chris Elite wrote:
Favorite opponents since joining?

Lannister, Lars, Nico, Rex, Cody, you of course with our doomed three battles, and the match I had with HBB was really fun for me personally as I loved the kind of material I was writing for each promo. Most of my opponents have been great, but these are ones that stand out to me.

Chris Elite wrote:
Would I be annoying if I asked for a sig?

You would not be annoying if you asked for a signature.

Chris Elite wrote:
If the answer is no may I please get one?

I can definitely work on one - it may take a few days to work on, but I'll try to whip something up soon (y)
Back to top Go down
Ryan Marx
Showdown
Showdown
Ryan Marx

PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 EmptyAugust 30th 2017, 4:53 pm

Bumping this because I'm bored and it's been a while, so go ask your questions now before I bump again in six month's time.
Back to top Go down
вrσdч spαrks .
Empire
Empire
вrσdч spαrks .

Hailing From : Brockton ✈ Seattle
Status : ís єvíl sσmєthíng чσu αrє? σr ís ít sσmєthíng чσu dσ?

PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 EmptyAugust 30th 2017, 5:03 pm

Why are you so iconic?
Do you feel like it's hard to live up to the hype that surrounds your character?
When you first joined here did you think you would be in the position you are in currently?
Where do you find inspiration for your character?
What would be another pic base for your character that you would choose if you decided to switch bases?
Back to top Go down
Harvey Yorke
Voltage
Voltage
Harvey Yorke

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 EmptyAugust 30th 2017, 5:15 pm

1) How did Soledad come to be? Do you think she'll play a key part in Marx's story down the line?
2) Crackers or bread?
3) No offense, but how did your GFX go from a 8.5 to a 10?
4) Have you watched the Mae Young Classic yet? What are your thoughts on WWE creating such a tournament?
5) Who has been your favorite opponent to defend your Openweight title against?
6) If you had to repackage Marx with a new gimmick, what would it be?
7) Why are you such an edgelord?
Back to top Go down
Ryan Marx
Showdown
Showdown
Ryan Marx

PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 EmptyAugust 30th 2017, 5:25 pm

вrσdч spαrks . wrote:
Why are you so iconic?
You tell me lmao. I'm gonna need a 1500 word essay to help me understand.

вrσdч spαrks . wrote:
Do you feel like it's hard to live up to the hype that surrounds your character?
Sometimes it is, but it's more because I put the pressure on myself more often than not. When people hype me up, I do at times make myself think I'm not living up to it if I don't feel good about a promo I put out there. But the feeling doesn't usually last. Now, I'm more just about writing what I feel comfortable with and enjoy, and if other people continue to hype me and enjoy it too, that's a bonus.

вrσdч spαrks . wrote:
When you first joined here did you think you would be in the position you are in currently?
Not really, no. I thought I would have to work my way up a lot slower, and I definitely didn't think I'd be appearing at PFP within my first year of being here. I guess I have Brian to thank for that, since he really pushed and developed my character and storylines far during my first few months of being here, and that gave me a good foundation to continue off of.

вrσdч spαrks . wrote:
Where do you find inspiration for your character?
All kinds of places really, I don't think there's any one place I take most of my inspiration from. A lot of it comes from my own knowledge of philosophy, which informed the basics of Marx. Stuff like Buddhism and utilitarianism and all that all joined together to make him who he was in terms of a gimmick and the like. I also find a lot of inspiration in film and TV, for example I get a lot of inspiration from the various villains in Orphan Black, Kilgrave in Jessica Jones, and basically any intelligent psychopath sadist from horror and thriller films/TV shows. Finally, I got a lot of influence from the promo work of Marty Scurll and Jimmy Havoc, both of whom influenced me from the very beginning of my efedding career. Their stuff on YouTube was pretty much what I based Marx's mannerisms, vocabulary, and behaviour off of.

вrσdч spαrks . wrote:
What would be another pic base for your character that you would choose if you decided to switch bases?
I actually at one point considered changing to Wade Barrett in order to have more renders, but decided against it since I liked Iestyn so much. Marty Scurll was also my first choice for Marx until I saw he was taken. Magnus/Nick Aldis is another one that has popped into my head as well, as has Curtis Axel. So it would be either of those four if I had to choose one.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Marx
Showdown
Showdown
Ryan Marx

PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 EmptyAugust 30th 2017, 5:53 pm

Harvey Yorke wrote:
1) How did Soledad come to be? Do you think she'll play a key part in Marx's story down the line?
Soledad came to be because I felt like I needed to give Marx another layer of depth, and since I had been toying with the idea of a manager for a while I said "screw it" and went with it. Since I gradually began to write Marx as less human and more 'god', I knew I needed a way to ground him, so I created her to be the more human side of him in promos.

I'm hoping she will, since I have a few ideas in terms of character development that I could take her and Marx through. She definitely has the potential to be a key part of his story and change him, for the better or for the worse. Right now, she's a way I use to give him more 'humanity' and also a way to freshen up my promos, but she could become very important, especially if she somehow gets integrated into an angle at some point.

Harvey Yorke wrote:
2) Crackers or bread?
How can you expect me to answer this? But if I had to choose: bread. You can do more with it and how can anyone resist cheese on toast tbh.

Harvey Yorke wrote:
3) No offense, but how did your GFX go from a 8.5 to a 10?
Lmao, I have no idea. I think I just finally found a style that works for me, kept working on it, and have just developed. Plus I've had more time on my hands recently, so I've been given the chance to sit back and think about my GFX instead of just throw stuff together and settle with something decent.

Harvey Yorke wrote:
4) Have you watched the Mae Young Classic yet? What are your thoughts on WWE creating such a tournament?
I have, and I've been enjoying it so far. Albeit I looked at spoilers, but I feel like that's made me more excited for it seeing the match-ups. I think it's a great way to create exposure for women's wrestlers, but I worry it'll fall down the same way other WWE tournaments have so far.

The CWC and UK tournament were great displays of talent, but the characters weren't really developed save for a select few, and I feel like WWE have failed to capitalise on the momentum. For me, I like to see not just good wrestling, but great gimmicks I can enjoy, and I like seeing where the wrestlers go post-tournament. 205 Live took time to grow and still has issues, the UK show is dead in the water as far as I can tell, and so I have to wonder what the point of this tournament is beyond finding a new NXT Women's Champion or whatever they're going to do. Plus I worry WWE will just have nothing to do with these women they sign, so it's a lot of questions.

I'm glad they're choosing to showcase female talent from around the world, but I hope they have plans that go beyond the tournament and don't waste the signings and opportunities they could gain from this, like they arguably did with the CWC and UK tournaments.

Harvey Yorke wrote:
5) Who has been your favorite opponent to defend your Openweight title against?
Maero was pretty fun to promo against since he really gave me a platform to defend Marx's beliefs in my promos, and I liked doing that. I got the chance to write Marx being more personal, and Maero himself presented some arguments I hadn't seen before. But then again, Jon was also fun to promo against, even if I did wreck my wrists typing those promos lmao. Our back and forth was entertaining. Honestly, can't give a proper answer - they've both been good so far.

Harvey Yorke wrote:
6) If you had to repackage Marx with a new gimmick, what would it be?
Well obviously he would be cyborg Marx from 1000 years into the future, sent back in time to rectify the mistakes the old Marx made.

But no, if I had to repackage him, I'd probably turn him into some kind of silent fighter guy, since God knows he's already done enough talking to last a lifetime. He'd say very little, probably have someone else talk for him, and would only show up to kick ass before leaving. He just rejects everything: his old beliefs, other people's beliefs, the EAW fans, etc., and would only fight for some unknown reason.

Idk if that counts as a gimmick repackage since I could realistically see Marx taking a turn like that, but oh well.

Harvey Yorke wrote:
7) Why are you such an edgelord?
Maybe I was born with it, maybe it's the crippling depression.
Back to top Go down
Lars Grier
Voltage
Voltage
Lars Grier

Hailing From : Places

PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 EmptyAugust 30th 2017, 5:59 pm

Is there anybody who you'd love to face another time?

Why are PDG members so elite at promoing?

What exactly inspired the Zeitgeist and The Five Pillars?

How can you be such a Zaddy?

Do you plan on keeping Iestyn Rees in the long run, or do you plan on changing? If so, who would you change to?
Back to top Go down
Ryan Marx
Showdown
Showdown
Ryan Marx

PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 EmptyAugust 30th 2017, 6:18 pm

Lars Grier wrote:
Is there anybody who you'd love to face another time?
Tbh, I'd love to face you again since our promo battles were always great, and I wished for us to have a proper feud beyond just the title. Maybe it can happen some time down the line. Also, I'd love to promo against Lannister again, since I feel I could have done better in our last match and I want to show myself how much I may have developed since then.

Lars Grier wrote:
Why are PDG members so elite at promoing?
Well we're not good at GFX so I guess there has to be something we're good at.

Nah, seriously though I have no idea. I guess the promos section over there helped, as well as us just supporting each other in the early months and helping each other grow with feedback and stuff.

Lars Grier wrote:
What exactly inspired the Zeitgeist and The Five Pillars?
I could probably write you an essay about what they were inspired by, but we'd be here all day and no one has time for that. Basically, the Five Pillars were inspired by Buddhism, and the beliefs they have about suffering, Enlightenment, and the idea of the self, as well as utilitarianism and more specifically the idea of higher and lower pleasures in that philosophy.

I've probably explained it in a promo, but higher pleasures are considered intellectual pursuits, whilst lower pleasures are either physical or actions that don't further intellect and mental-based skills. So that's how his whole 'pain for the body, pleasure for the mind' thing came about. And the Buddhist belief about not becoming attached to the physical since everything fades away, as well as their thoughts on the cycle of pain and the idea that Enlightenment exists to save us from pain - but first we need to experience pain in some way most of the time, inspired the Pillars as well. So yeah, it's just a lot of that.

And the Zeitgeist was a lot easier. I knew in my mind that Marx wouldn't want to be confined to 'cliches', and I always saw people (not trying to be rude) calling themselves 'the new era' or saying "this is my time/my era", and I knew he wouldn't want to be bound to that. So I thought about what would be better and more pretentious than an era in his mind, and I came to decide on the Zeitgeist, since it is the very thing that defines an era, and it is literally 'the spirit of the time'. Marx is all about not just paving the way for the future, but being the future entirely, and becoming a god - so he would of course want to be the one person who encapsulates an entire era. Therefore, he calls himself the Zeitgeist.

Lars Grier wrote:
How can you be such a Zaddy?
Lmao I have no idea, I feel like you're the one who's been pushing me as one, but I have no objections. Keep building the hype.

Lars Grier wrote:
Do you plan on keeping Iestyn Rees in the long run, or do you plan on changing? If so, who would you change to?
Yep, I don't think I could change him now as he fits too well in my mind. Switching to anyone else just wouldn't feel right now I've become accustomed to Iestyn, and honestly I think he's the perfect fit for the character. Though as I said before, if I had to change, it would be to either Wade Barrett, Magnus/Nick Aldis, or Curtis Axel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AMA: Ask Marx Anything   AMA: Ask Marx Anything - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AMA: Ask Marx Anything

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion :: Ask Me Anything-