Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Best era of wrestling? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Best era of wrestling? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Best era of wrestling? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Best era of wrestling? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Best era of wrestling? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Best era of wrestling? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Best era of wrestling? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Best era of wrestling? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Best era of wrestling?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kurt_Burton

Kurt_Burton

Best era of wrestling? Empty
PostSubject: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 27th 2016, 9:13 pm

This is simply what it says on the tin.  What do you think the best era of wrestling is?  Territory days (if anyone was even around for that), Rock n wrestling?  Attitude Era?  Ruthless Agression Era?  Current Era?  And go...
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 27th 2016, 9:29 pm

My personal favorite was the era of Monday Night Wars. Watching Austin and the beer truck, Sting beat Hogan, The Corporate Ministry, ECW making waves...great time to be a wrestling fan.
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 27th 2016, 9:37 pm

WWE: The Ruthless Aggression Era 

Reason: That's the Era I started watching WWE. Smackdown Six, Evolution, Rapper Cena, Backstage Asshole Orton.

For Japanese Wrestling it would be the Fourth Generation Era. This is where Tanahashi, Nakamura, Marufuji, KENTA, Makabe and Others reigned Supreme over Japanese Wrestling with the older guys accepting any storyline they were offered
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 27th 2016, 10:11 pm

Ruthless Aggression Era. They were really focused on wrestling quality products. To be honest, it was really fun to see great feuds and great matches at the same time. Especially Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle. They were like Austin vs Rock Ruthless Aggression Era version IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 28th 2016, 1:20 am

I think it all depends on what you want most out of wrestling.  Each era did something better than the other ones.  Territories did better at building stars.  Attitude had better stories.  And Ruthless Aggression and today have better match quality  (at least i think)
Back to top Go down
kennydrake

kennydrake

Hailing From : Portland, OR

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 28th 2016, 2:02 am

The_EAW_Kingpin wrote:
I think it all depends on what you want most out of wrestling.  Each era did something better than the other ones.  Territories did better at building stars.  Attitude had better stories.  And Ruthless Aggression and today have better match quality  (at least i think)
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Aria Jaxon
Empire
Empire
Aria Jaxon

Hailing From : Sparks City, California.
Status : Wanna seize the throne, but what would you do with all that control?

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 28th 2016, 2:13 am

Crash definitely makes a good point. But, all in the name of being a little biased, I gotta go with the Ruthless Aggression Era. That's what I grew up on.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 28th 2016, 3:21 pm

It's hard to say.  I was a pup toward the end of the Territory stuff.  I have fuzzy memories of that time, but looking back on it, it was definitely the pique of wrestling in some regards.  Everyone on the card was a headliner, every match could be considered the reason someone paid to get into a show, kayfabe was alive and well, and everyone had their own local heroes and epic rivalries.

My usual go-to is the Ruthless Aggression era, but my interest has waned because most of the reasons I liked it (4 Horsemen, rising stars, wrestling being prominently at the forefront) can be found in the old NWA and JCP days.

I'd argue that right now we're in quite the boom.  We haven't had this many alternatives for entertainment in quite some time.  If you want the far out and fantastic, things like Lucha Underground and Chikara are there for you to immerse yourself in their worlds.  If you want straight up, no-nonsense, all steak and no sizzle, you've got places like New Japan and PWG that treat wrestling more like a hard hitting contact sport than a sideshow act.  If you want something contemporary and young adult oriented, you've got things like AIW, Lucha VaVoom, NXT, and RoH to tune in for.  If you want something classic, CWF Hollywood is out there, and I'd even throw NXT in the category of classically booked wrestling.  I've even heard TNA's getting watchable these days with homegrown talents and indy darlings like Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett cutting flips and caveman stomps.

Then there's the WWE where they've arguably got the most well balanced roster they've ever had with a strong women's division, a fairly prominent tag team division full of legitimate contenders and strong champions, a WWE title picture with fairly young blood in the mix, along with about every independent favorite of the past 15 years sharing the same ceiling and chasing after all sorts of gold.

And all of this is accessible via youtube or privately owned streaming sites like WWN,NJPW World!, Chikaratopia, or the Network

I guess my vote is now.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 28th 2016, 3:29 pm

Current era because it's the era of SETH FREAKIN' ROLLINS

:rollins:
Back to top Go down
Terry Chambers

Terry Chambers

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 28th 2016, 3:33 pm

Ruthless Aggression Era easily, had great match quality and have good story built around most of them and it was also the period where you had SD better than RAW.
Back to top Go down
Kurt_Burton

Kurt_Burton

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 28th 2016, 7:35 pm

Terry Chambers wrote:
Ruthless Aggression Era easily, had great match quality and have good story built around most of them and it was also the period where you had SD better than RAW.

They really made a huge mistake letting Paul Heyman leave creative.  His storylines with Brock were amazing.
Back to top Go down
Bhris Elite
Voltage
Voltage
Bhris Elite

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 29th 2016, 3:28 am

The_EAW_Kingpin wrote:
Back to top Go down
Nobi
Showdown
Showdown
Nobi

Hailing From : Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 29th 2016, 5:00 am

Terry Chambers wrote:
I want to say thank you for uploading Ruthless Aggresion Era matches/segments to Youtube so much. Might be little OOT but eh, Ruthless Aggression Era is my favorite, lol.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? EmptyJune 29th 2016, 8:30 am

I grew up during the Monday Night Wars and even though I loved the Ruthless Aggression/Pre-Reality era, I feel the current era is an amalgam of everything I wanted in the wrestling industry. This is also the era where I kind of got my shit together financially and I can afford to go to shows lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best era of wrestling?   Best era of wrestling? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best era of wrestling?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1