Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

SD Future Announcement SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

SD Future Announcement SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
SD Future Announcement Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
SD Future Announcement Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
SD Future Announcement Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
SD Future Announcement Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
SD Future Announcement Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
SD Future Announcement Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

SD Future Announcement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

SD Future Announcement Empty
PostSubject: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 3:24 am

As I'm sure some of you have caught in, I've been in a little funk of late in terms of my ability to be in EAW. At first it was that whole keyboard fiasco, which amusingly (in hindsight) malfunctioned after spilling only a sip's worth of soda on it. I've been using a USB Keyboard since. But it's time to be frank, and admit, that during that time away I have had some major issues on a personal standpoint. I need to re-evaluate my priorities, and have some "patching up" to do if you will. 

So with that said, I am going to be stepping down as Showdown writer, and take a leave of absence from the character "Das Lannister" for the foreseeable future. I do not have a time table in mind, but I do owe it to those in EAW, specifically on the Showdown roster, on where I stand. To put it simply, I have a very fragile environment around me in my personal life, and it requires some fixating and attention.

As a writer, you need to be 100% focused and committed to the task. That, that I simply cannot be going forward. And to promo at the level I want to, and am accustomed to, that focus and commitment needs to be there as well. It's not a lack of motivation, for I still very much enjoy the GMing aspect, and writing is a second nature to me. It's just I know I can't give my very best, and how can you call someone that would be half-assing everything an "asset"? My mind is not there, I realized that when trying to promo against Vic for Reasonable Doubt. As some may have caught on, there was a big 'ol goose-egg in this regard. 

That cannot happen. That is not an asset, that is a liability. Nobody has asked me to do this, this is on my own accord. Demon deserves a co-writer that can mentally be more committed than I can be. So I am taking the initiative and stepping down as Showdown writer, effective after this weekend's Showdown. There are things going on, priorities to be met, to where EAW just simply cannot be a focus going forward. And for that, I apologize. Yes, real life happens, but at the same time there is a responsibility I owed EAW, Demon, and DDD specifically, in which I failed in capturing. So do refrain from those comments, "I get it, shit happens." They might, but there is still guilt to be had here on my end. From a title reign I wasted (And before anyone gets the idea that this is why I'm leaving - I was the one that told all the other board members how I HAD to lose that match and there was no way I was booking myself the winner. ) to having a shorter stint than I would have liked, and not making it to PFP as writer. Responsibility isn't something you cling to when it's "convenient" so I don't see this as excusable or anything along those lines.

I don't do this because I want to, or that I'm not "feeling it", I do it because I need to, point blank. I came back on in January because I felt I could help SD, so I'll be damned if I'm the reason it falls/get Demon fired with the new strike policy. By the way, side note on that topic, Demon should have ZERO strikes. That late SD was on me, and my computer hazard situation. He had to write 3 of them on his own... HIS OWN.

But nonetheless, there you have it. I will be around in the chatroom, but less often, and chances are if you want to see me, it'll have to be in the AMs. This isn't meant to be permanent, but then again, I can't promise that it won't be that case, either. And if this is it, I do have the history books to look back on and be proud of.

Ever since the summer of 2014, as Lannister, I have gone on to win the tag team championships, and of course something that has always haunted my legacy - a world championship in EAW. I was voted Promoer of the Year by a community I didn't even campaign for once. You don't know how appreciative of that I was. And perhaps my favorite moments, having a memorable rivalry with the best in the game, Robbie... and of course being able to book the Elite Triple Threat, and seeing the emergence of the likes of Norman Hellion, Alex Anderson, Vic Vendetta, Devan Dubian, Aren Mstislav, and Jamie O'Hara as maineventers. Developing talent has always been one of my favorites, and seeing new guys have a chance at glory, especially to those that have earned it. So that always brought me more pride than my own accolade glory.

A lot to hang my hat on in this run. I'm not saying this is it, but I do need to re-align if there is to be any chance at it. Thank you, EAW, for making this the most FUN I've EVER had in being involved in EFEDDING, something I never really experienced. It was never seen as a chore, and that's when you know you're having fun.

Sorry if I have let anyone down, but Showdown is in great hands, better hands. Dark Demon is better than anyone at constructing a roster. And to say he's done anything but carry me through these two months, would be madness.

But until then... I do indeed have one last weekend to write. And you better believe that I'll try to give one last good impression, before the end of it all.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 3:27 am

:deadpool: You had an epic run my friend, good luck with whatever comes in the future.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 3:29 am

sad to hear your leaving, I hope whatever youre going through gets better, till then we'll catching you down the road #SwigOfBeer
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 3:43 am

That's really unfortunate but I understand. You were a great writer, one of the best ever in my opinion. And I'm not talking shows exclusively, everything you write is fucking great. You will be missed man.
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 3:45 am

So sad to hear that.... you are the coolest and wisest person in my opinion here. Seeing you leaving is a great loss to me. I wish you a very good luck and look forward for your return anytime.... until then, Auf wiederschen, Herr Lannister! :salute:

Back to top Go down
Bhris Elite
Voltage
Voltage
Bhris Elite

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 3:47 am

This really sucks but I understand fully.  I just want to thank you for always being one of my main supporters and beveling in me.  Good luck with everything in the future!
Back to top Go down
Jamie O'Hara
Voltage
Voltage
Jamie O'Hara

Hailing From : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 4:35 am

Look at this fuqboi running before he can put me over. Damn dropkick.

I'm actually pretty devastated. This sucks and I hope everything works out for ya mate. 
Back to top Go down
Marco
Voltage
Voltage
Marco

Hailing From : Lexington, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 5:57 am

Ryan Savage sends his regards  :toast:

I'll miss you though
Back to top Go down
Vic Vendetta

Vic Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 6:58 am

Ken you are a really awesome person and I literally will be praying for you and the situation that stands before you, just promise us that you wont be a stranger
Back to top Go down
Carson Ramsay
Voltage
Voltage
Carson Ramsay

Hailing From : Batman, Turkey

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 8:16 am

Though I completely understand it, I can't shake the feeling of sadness at this. You're one of the best writers/promoers I've seen and one of the nicest people I've talked to in this place, man. I do hope you eventually come back but until then, you'll be missed.
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 8:29 am

You must go and follow your dream of one day finding a keyboard that works. Uncle TLA believes you can do it.  :bolieve:
Back to top Go down
MTM

Hailing From : San Diego, California

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 8:40 am

KEN CAUGHT THE AARON CURSE! KEN CAUGHT THE AARON CURSE!

In all seriousness, while I'm sure I'll just be repeating the condolences of everyone else here, I feel like it'd be wrong not to. There is no one I could thank more for the success I had in EAW and AWF more than you. You put your faith in me right from the start and I feel like an apology is owed after all this time for the situations you've found yourself in because of the problems I've had, both technical and psychological. It's because of you that I managed to last as long as I did in EAW and I'm eternally grateful for what you've done for not only me, but for the entire e-fed. I hope you're able to return to writing for EAW in some capacity sooner rather than later but until then, all the best.  :toast:

...But I'll probably end up speaking to you tonight anyway.  :goat:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 5:08 pm

As I said to you last night, you have no need or any reason to feel guilty about this, you don't owe me or anybody else anything. As much as you may not want to hear it but shit does happen in life and there's no point in you forcing yourself to focus on something when you simply can't. Even though we didn't lost long writing together, it's been a blast pal.
Back to top Go down
Lioncross
Showdown
Showdown
Lioncross

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 5:46 pm

What people might see as a selfish decision is actually the exact opposite of selfish. The most selfish thing you could've done here is to examine yourself and your situation and say, "fuck it, I'll keep pushing on, I know I can do it in spite of the situation," etc. So, first of all, props to you for making this decision. It's never easy to put that white flag up, but I wouldn't be surprised if this helps you massively going forward.

Hopefully you're back soon, but in case you're not, I want to thank you for approaching me about joining EAW in the first place, giving me a storyline where I'd be keen to promo at my best right off the bat, and looking after my character as well as you did. At the same time, you don't need to convince me that SD is in good hands with Demon, as I think he's provided plenty of evidence for that recently.

Thank you as well for being a great guy to talk with about a lot of stuff, specifically sports. You and I are very different people, but that clearly didn't matter when it came to the past 6+ years I've known you. Here's to more, even if I don't see you around as much.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

Hailing From : Oakland, California

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 5:59 pm

>Three Strike Policy made to stop late shows/matches
>Ken disappears
>Ken comes back
>Ken retires

#illuminati
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 6:00 pm

Three Strike policy is the dumbest rule ever.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 6:04 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Would it help if we used a soccer analogy? Like two yellow cards leading to a red?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 6:24 pm

I'm aware of the 'three strikes and you're out' analogy in baseball, doesn't make the rule of punishing people who take a lot of time out of their day to write and contribute for the e-fed because they can't make things on time and to replace them eventually with less qualified people.
Back to top Go down
MTM

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 7:08 pm

Drastik wrote:
Dark Demon wrote:
Would it help if we used a soccer analogy? Like two yellow cards leading to a red?
Except on your second yellow card you immediately get a red. :dave:
Back to top Go down
Stark
Showdown
Showdown
Stark

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 8:08 pm

no it cant be not like this Sad
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 8:29 pm

Aaron Fitzpatrick wrote:
Drastik wrote:
Dark Demon wrote:
"leading to a red"
Back to top Go down
MTM

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 9:08 pm

Drastik wrote:
Aaron Fitzpatrick wrote:
Drastik wrote:
Dark Demon wrote:
"leading to a red"
I don't think you understand. It wouldn't be three strikes, it'd be two.  :dahell:
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 9:57 pm

Aaron Fitzpatrick wrote:
Drastik wrote:
Aaron Fitzpatrick wrote:
Drastik wrote:
Dark Demon wrote:
"leading to a red"
I don't think you understand. It wouldn't be three strikes, it'd be two.  :dahell:
Sigh. 

This week on "Drastik Explains a Joke" we've got special guest, Aaron Fitzpatrick!! 

(Crowd cheers, but not for Aaron)

Dark Demon, the person who originally brought up the three strikes policy being unfair, was promptly responded to by yours truly in a way that was somewhat tongue in cheek. OBVIOUSLY Demon's issue with the Three Strikes Policy has nothing to do with "three strikes" relating at all to baseball, an American sport. However, to make a funny, I acted as though that was the main concern that he had and offered up an "equal comparison" in the form of a soccer analogy. To make this even funnier, not only did I totally disregard his main issue with the policy being incredibly strict by acting as though his issue was something else, but I made the proposed change even MORE strict: reducing the three strikes to two "strikes". 

I know. Incredibly clever. A two-pronged joke. How revolutionary.

That seems to be all the time we have for today. Tune in next week as we invite Lucas Johnson to the show to discuss what sarcasm is. And if you'd like to see more, exclusive content from this interview with Aaron, make sure to go onto our website at www.rrspankmedaddy.com where we'll get to the bottom of who's Aaron and who's Minns. Goodnight everybody! 

(Crowd cheers as the credits roll. Some guy with the Miz picbase gets off the stage)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 10:41 pm

RRS, you should do 'teaching sarcasm to Lucas Johnson' Famous B Style.
Back to top Go down
Drastik
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Drastik

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement EmptyMarch 2nd 2016, 11:07 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
RRS, you should do 'teaching sarcasm to Lucas Johnson' Famous B Style.
@EAWBoard BUDGET THIS IMMEDIATELY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SD Future Announcement   SD Future Announcement Empty

Back to top Go down

SD Future Announcement

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next