Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  Empty
PostSubject: A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi    A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  EmptyFebruary 21st 2016, 7:18 pm

Pokemon! We've all heard of the show, and most of us have watched and (probably) loved it as kids. So this means it's great, no? I mean, why else would kid's all over the world love it? Well... kids often perceive things differently than the older demographic, and they find great what others think of as garbage. So... what about Pokemon? Is this the same? Let's see... (Don't lie you people still watch it or try to figure out what's going on in the current)

It starts out with a tiny step, like most other journeys. Our hero, Ash Ketchum, has high dreams of becoming the ultimate Pokemon trainer (I'll refrain from explaining that to you), and he starts out by sleeping in too late! before long however, he's gotten his first (reluctant) Pokemon, everyone's favorite mouse Pikachu, and they're off on their epic journey!

The shows brings out an epic adventure of friendship, harsh battles and whatnot; everything you'd expect from a shonen that's aimed at the younger kids. It isn't that great however, as it gets very repetitive after a while; a Pokemon/person of the day formula with some kind of problem that always ends well. And that's what most of the episodes contain, with a small bit of getting further on their journey every now and then.

Animation-wise, the show doesn't feature anything boastable, with flat character designs, okay backgrounds and no spectacular special effects at all. Was it because of budget restrictions (it is a pretty long anime, after all), or was it because the producers knew the kids they were aiming the show at didn't care anyway? Well, whatever it was, the animation isn't anything to brag about.

The soundtrack is what you'd expect of such a show; adventurous opening themes, background music that's supposed to get you into the fighting/comedic mood, and a variety of sound effects to use for all the moves and whatnot you'll see. The voice acting is decent, but honestly - my inability to cope with dubs in anime pretty much wins over my nostalgia here, and that is the main reason I stopped watching the show some time ago.

The characters are, well, what you'd expect from a shonen. The rash, headstrong main character and his oh-so-arrogant rival, and the people he travels with; the older, more reasonable (mostly) fellow, and of course, the tomboyish girl with whom he argues a lot. Yup, that's shonen for ya. The main comedic relief of the series, the Team Rocket trio, is actually a pretty entertaining one. Despite constantly neglecting to look over their mistakes and realise that every one of their contraptions fail against Ash and company, they keep on trying, knowing thinking that their boss will reward them greatly of they bring him the Pikachu. I like their stupid enthusiasm a lot, and their scenes are often among the better ones in the series.

So... Pokemon is basically a cliche-ridden shonen with no real thing to make it stand out. Wait... that can't be right? What about all the kids that love it? And what of all the others that love it? One of the things, I believe, is the adventurous feel of the series; who wouldn't want to experience such an epic adventure for themselves? (I know I want to, at least!) Not to mention, the great values of friendship, loyalty and trust which are presented to the viewers. That is one thing that makes Pokemon so great, and I'd try to get any kid into the show because of that reason alone. And that's what there is to say about Pokemon, actually. 6/10

Give me your opinion. Remember this is just one view point.

Recommended Anime:

Digimon (Why: It's not a rip off. It doesn't even cliche shounen character well sort of. Hell each monster/creature is different for Digimon. Better character development)
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi    A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  EmptyFebruary 22nd 2016, 1:05 am

:cant:
Back to top Go down
Azumi Goto
Empire
Empire
Azumi Goto

Hailing From : Orlando, Florida
Status : If you fall, be able to stand up on your own. And if you can do that, you're Unbreakable!

PostSubject: Re: A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi    A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  EmptyFebruary 22nd 2016, 8:32 am

Brian Daniels wrote:
Don't give that look. Remember it's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi    A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  EmptyFebruary 22nd 2016, 5:02 pm

Azumi Goto wrote:
Brian Daniels wrote:
Don't give that look. Remember it's just my opinion.
:cant: :cant:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi    A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi  Empty

Back to top Go down

A Review Of Pokémon (Season 1) by Azumi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1