Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? Empty
PostSubject: Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?   Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? EmptyJanuary 19th 2016, 7:49 pm

meaning a fat dyed hair lady on twitter complaining about how much she hates men.
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?   Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? EmptyJanuary 19th 2016, 8:17 pm

Feminism, like many things, is just something that's lost it's meaning and defined by various people as things that could be universes apart based on person to person. And depends by what you mean by "media" because movie, games and tv show wise they're usually hot kickass action chicks who can run the world, while youtube wise, twitter and articles on the internet is where you get the type of feminists being displayed you're talking about. I watch Sargon on youtube sometimes, so maybe stuff like that is what you mean, but he fights important issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?   Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? EmptyJanuary 19th 2016, 8:19 pm

we should go back in time to kill the guy who gave women rights.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie Matsuda
Empire
Empire
Stephanie Matsuda

Hailing From : BK

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?   Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? EmptyJanuary 19th 2016, 10:35 pm

J Dynasty wrote:
Feminism, like many things, is just something that's lost it's meaning and defined by various people as things that could be universes apart based on person to person. And depends by what you mean by "media" because movie, games and tv show wise they're usually hot kickass action chicks who can run the world, while youtube wise, twitter and articles on the internet is where you get the type of feminists being displayed you're talking about. I watch Sargon on youtube sometimes, so maybe stuff like that is what you mean, but he fights important issues.

This.
Back to top Go down
ThePizzaBoy
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThePizzaBoy

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?   Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? EmptyJanuary 20th 2016, 6:46 pm

There tends to be a tendency in special interest groups these days to shoot for superiority instead of equality.  This mentality isn't always the major consensus of a special interest group, but the squeakiest wheels tend to ask for the most grease.  I've considered myself a feminist for a long time, and I do wish women's rights were upheld on the same level as men's, and that likewise, men were also considered more carefully in cases like child custody hearings and taken more seriously in spousal abuse claims than our society and court system does now.  Most girls (and yes, if you're 21 or under to me, you're still a girl, just like 21 year old boys are boys) walking around a college campus would balk at my claims of feminism because I'm actually encouraging equality, they'd also spout off a wage statistic that's been taken out of context and regurgitated so often that it's taken on face value as fact so often that it comes up in political hearings.  They're also most likely victims of abuse from a father figure or frat boy, which is where their misplaced 'feminist' rage actually comes from.  I sympathize with them, men are pigs, but just saying so isn't really feminism.

Do special interests come from a place of anger and oppression? Yeah, of course they do, but screaming about castrating a guy whom offers to open a door for you out of a sign of respect that actually, ironically enough, is more of a gesture of submission to the female gender than a social commentary on their weakness, is different than the message of these women's fore mothers (most of which they can't even name without flipping up a phone and searching suffrage movement or Riot Grrrl when it pops up in conversation) set out to preach through protest, music, and writing.

Plain and simple, the 3rd wave's left the shore and all that's left is misunderstood relics and perverted backwash from anonymous sources that shouldn't be anonymous to the feminazi's preaching it.  

My suggestion? Ditch tumblr and college if you want to avoid most of this bullshit 'activism'.
Back to top Go down
#KimboLivesMatter

#KimboLivesMatter

Hailing From : portland

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?   Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? EmptyJanuary 20th 2016, 7:53 pm

J Dynasty wrote:
fam sargon of akkad is amazing
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?   Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? EmptyJanuary 20th 2016, 9:24 pm

Feminism is just one of the many distractions from the real problems of the world today. There is no glaring inequality in our society between genders, there ARE double standards but the amount of double standards check and balance each other out, and radical feminism almost causes a placebo effect in making society appear to be more sick than it is. Or, sick in the wrong place, except this case psycho feminists are doing the equivalent of treating a sore knee like a broken leg while ignoring two broken arms. 

The fact that we cant get past these 5th rate social problems and devote more attention to far more pressing matters is my biggest issue. Why cant people put the same attention they give feminism, meninism, etc into politics, climate change, economics, criminal banks, corrupt politicians, the right to whistleblowers security, holding public officials to their word, police brutality and etc? Devoting all of this time into worrying about microaggressions and "rape culture" when there are all these other problems is the equivalent of having a major-requirement college course on coloring books. It's an inane, childish, appalling, abhorrent waste of time, money, and attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?   Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you agree with the way the media depicts feminism?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: General Discussion-