Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Things in wrestling that you wish would stop SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Things in wrestling that you wish would stop SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Things in wrestling that you wish would stop Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Things in wrestling that you wish would stop Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Things in wrestling that you wish would stop Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Things in wrestling that you wish would stop Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Things in wrestling that you wish would stop Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Things in wrestling that you wish would stop Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Things in wrestling that you wish would stop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TRE

TRE

Hailing From : Charlotte

Things in wrestling that you wish would stop Empty
PostSubject: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 27th 2014, 1:35 am

Title. I'll start.

- Ryback getting those Goldberg chants  :why:
Back to top Go down
J-Dynasty 2?
Showdown
Showdown
J-Dynasty 2?

Hailing From : Scarborough Ontario
Status : I'm out, for now. I imagine my return, but if not, it was good times overall. Much love. J.

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 27th 2014, 1:46 am

What chants because they always done for no reason and disrespectful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 27th 2014, 9:12 am

TNA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 27th 2014, 9:57 am

WWE
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 27th 2014, 9:58 am

People hating on Cena.  It made sense in 2006, but now it just seems to me people are doing it to look cool or like "smart marks."  Over the past several years Cena has had fewer title reigns (and most of them fairly brief) and has done a lot to get younger guys over.  And he seems like a genuinely cool dude.  So why all the hate then?  I'll admit I'm kind tired of his gimmick as well, and he may not be the best wrestler out there, but he is entertaining and can put on a great match.  And I don't care who says what to this...but Cena is the best ambassador WWE has ever had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 27th 2014, 11:22 am

People overrating Reigns too fucking much. Ambrose should be taking his spot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 27th 2014, 11:33 am

Zack_Crash wrote:
People hating on Cena.  It made sense in 2006, but now it just seems to me people are doing it to look cool or like "smart marks."  Over the past several years Cena has had fewer title reigns (and most of them fairly brief) and has done a lot to get younger guys over.  And he seems like a genuinely cool dude.  So why all the hate then?  I'll admit I'm kind tired of his gimmick as well, and he may not be the best wrestler out there, but he is entertaining and can put on a great match.  And I don't care who says what to this...but Cena is the best ambassador WWE has ever had.

I 100% agree with this, while the guy clearly has his flaws ( stop fucking smiling and cracking jokes when bad things happen to you ffs ) he also has an immense amount of talent and when he's serious, he's one of the best on the microphone and he's one of the best in the ring when he's with a great worker imo. Hating on him has gotten old especially considering he's vastly improved in the last 3-4 years and when you have ultra-bore workers like Orton, Kane, Big Show on your roster, he shouldn't be hated on.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 27th 2014, 11:35 am

I think they should stop removing the covers from the announce table before they put their opponent through it. Why would i remove the stuff that hurts you from the announce table if im trying to hurt you? stupid.

TNA should stop taping shows. I cant bring myself to care for non-live TNA show. then again TNA has so many things that should change..

I think Cena should take a dip down the card, in fact I think he should have only been top guy from like 08-11 until Punk took over. Every Cena storyline is like a re-run, it's the most re-run angle in television history. Cena struggles, Cena wins. Its been the same thing since 2005. Why WOULDNT wrestling fans become so annoyed that they hate him? Maybe if he was a great wrestler and actually sold for his opponents on the mic and in the ring itd mean something. I just hate how he goes from being scared of Bray Wyatt to calling him a hobo with a hawaiian shirt the next day, or how The Rock gets in his face saying ''im gonna rip your throat out'' and hes just chuckling and smirking. Or how someone could work Cenas arm the entire match yet he does some uncanny act of strength with that arm. Dont get me wrong, ive gone in on people for needlessly hating on Cena but I think his position or his whole gimmick should change. The top guy is supposed to sell his ass off for his opponents, not no-sell.  A hero gimmick in the 2000's in the age of transparency is just a shit idea.
Back to top Go down
Cage.
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cage.

Hailing From : Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 29th 2014, 4:05 am

Randomly chanting names during people's matches
Back to top Go down
Brian Daniels
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Brian Daniels

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 2:21 am

John Cena hate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 2:24 am

Wrestling
Back to top Go down
Cage.
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Cage.

Hailing From : Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 4:22 am

Jacob Steele wrote:
Wrestling

Dweeb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 10:26 am

DC. wrote:
Jacob Steele wrote:
Wrestling

Dweeb
Dweeber
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 10:50 am

I don't understand a lot of the Orton hate. I mean sure he's phoning in a lot of shit lately but I can probably count on on two hands the number of opponents he had in 2013, so can you really blame him when you're doing the same shit over and over?

Cena hate needs to stop, though I can definitely see why it's there.

Punk chants need to stop.

The Goldberg chants have definitely cooled off.

Themed PPV's need to stop.

Random matches need to stop happening on PPV.

There's a lot.
Back to top Go down
Nasir Escobar
Dynasty
Dynasty
Nasir Escobar

Hailing From : Brick City BITCH~!
Status : If you don’t like your destiny, don’t accept it. Instead, have the courage to change it the way you want it to be~!

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 1:50 pm

Money In The Bank NEEDS to come back to Wrestlmania! SO MANY GUYD MISS OUT ON WRESTLMANIA Because there is no more MITB match at the showcase of the immortals. Plus it would make the wins much more meaningful in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 3:29 pm

Scott Diamond wrote:
I don't understand a lot of the Orton hate. I mean sure he's phoning in a lot of shit lately but I can probably count on on two hands the number of opponents he had in 2013, so can you really blame him when you're doing the same shit over and over?

I second that. He's a damn good wrestler if you ask me. If you have an eye for ring psychology, the way moves are hit and etc u'd clearly see Orton's one of the most crisp workers on the roster and he always stays in character. And like u said they haven't given him anything interesting to do with his character for suuch a long time. Closest was probably Evolution, but he was like 3rd wheeling it there.
Back to top Go down
Vic Vendetta

Vic Vendetta

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 3:50 pm

The hate on Cena
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 9:09 pm

When people are feuding, they have the same match over and over. Do we really have to see Sheamus vs Bray Wyatt on every RAW/Smackdown/Mainevent? It's the WWE style too, so you're watching the same match again and again.

Midcard Titles meaning pretty much nothing to the point where the previous US Champion didn't do anything with it for months. 

Commentators practically spoiling the match. "IS HE GONNA WIN IT? IS HE GONNA WIN IT? NEW CHAMPION! NO KICK OUT AT 2 AND A HALF"

Total Divas seeping into the shows.
Back to top Go down
Devan Dubian
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Devan Dubian

Hailing From : Amazing Town

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJune 30th 2014, 10:21 pm

Midcard titles have lost all their prestige, it's world championship or just superstar feuds now. 

I know this has been said a lot but the Cena hate, I try defending him every time. Think the guy's great and deserving of everything he's received.

PPV's having random matches or actually skipping some announced matches.

Comedy characters that are just not funny at all. Oh and almost everything Divas and drama.
Back to top Go down
The Elite-Lord
Showdown
Showdown
The Elite-Lord

Hailing From : Dortmund

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJuly 1st 2014, 1:32 am

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon being involved in at least half the shows/matches.

That's problem # 1, anything after that is just a minor problem. Huge, huge misuse of talent and overage of watered-down material.
Back to top Go down
PrinceofPhenomenal
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
PrinceofPhenomenal

Hailing From : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJuly 1st 2014, 10:24 pm

Pushing someone too hard before he's ready. Examples: Sheamus and Del Rio.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJuly 1st 2014, 10:52 pm

Definitely co-sign with Lannister on how WWE PURPOSELY waters down their talent. Jesus Chrysler Lebaron.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 12:11 pm

Orton is a terrible worker, people have it in their heads that if you do submission holds = good at psychology when that isn't remotely true. He might have mastered his moves and be 'crisp' at it but that's probably down to him only doing the exact same moves the entire time. The guy has absolutely no grasp on how to work a heel, he thinks if he does a chinlock for two minutes the entire match he'll get heat from the crowd booing, when in reality they're booing the fact that its boring and makes no sense at all. He literally has the personality and charisma of a fucking stop sign, its extremely easy to have good matches when you're facing the likes of Daniel Bryan and the Shield but that doesn't make you a good worker at all especially when you have a decade of terrible matches. dude only got where he is because of his father and grandfather.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 12:28 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Orton is a terrible worker, people have it in their heads that if you do submission holds = good at psychology when that isn't remotely true. He might have mastered his moves and be 'crisp' at it but that's probably down to him only doing the exact same moves the entire time. The guy has absolutely no grasp on how to work a heel, he thinks if he does a chinlock for two minutes the entire match he'll get heat from the crowd booing, when in reality they're booing the fact that its boring and makes no sense at all. He literally has the personality and charisma of a fucking stop sign, its extremely easy to have good matches when you're facing the likes of Daniel Bryan and the Shield but that doesn't make you a good worker at all especially when you have a decade of terrible matches. dude only got where he is because of his father and grandfather.

The greatest trick Randy Orton ever played on the world was convincing it that he was a good technical wrestler.

Which brings me to my next point. If a wrestler sucks in the ring, and nobody notices it, do they really suck?    :anchor:
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop EmptyJuly 2nd 2014, 12:39 pm

I don't think Orton's a good technical wrestler, in fact he's a very mediocre one (Except for when he works with great ones, then he surprisingly holds up his weight, look at his match vs Angle at ONS 06). However I think he's a great worker. The headlock stuff for 2 minutes I can see why people find it so boring because it is boring to look at, but headlocks are always hated on because most people haven't been put in one to know that it's actually a part of all legitimate fighting. I also fail to see how he cant grasp working as a heel when some of the heelish shit he's done is why hes so popular with the casual crowd. The way I see it Orton has no wasted motion, all the little things he does in the ring attribute to his viper/apex predator character, he never breaks character, can sell pain and agony without having to bounce around but rather by body language and can take legit hits without stopping (getting legit busted open by a ladder at MITB/landing on that monitor after an RKO at WM). He's overly criticized on the mic, has one of the best looks in the game and has qualities other wrestlers should admire, but I guess we'll just agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things in wrestling that you wish would stop   Things in wrestling that you wish would stop Empty

Back to top Go down

Things in wrestling that you wish would stop

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next