Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucas Johnson
Showdown
Showdown
Lucas Johnson

Hailing From : Long Island, New York

Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about Empty
PostSubject: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptySeptember 19th 2015, 8:37 am

This is a perfect topic for me haha, anyway here we go

1. King of Battleground - Franchise is just a cocky son of a bitch and since every major star leaves every week to go back to Showdown...Voltage...Dynasty ect. He thinks he's the best star their so he calls it his show and he is The King of Battleground.

2. Ashten Cross Conspiracy - Franchise was never felt appreciated in life since he had no parent figure to look up to so he just wants to prove to everyone else that he deserves to be in EAW and he made it in life

3. Cold Soul - Hahaha, I originally used this term to sound like a dark character but I just used it over and over and over again. I need to find more terms to be a dark/cocky character. Working with Hades this week is going to teach me that hopefully. 

Do you guys have this problem like myself? If so, share!
Back to top Go down
Lumen Gray

Lumen Gray

Hailing From : London, England

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyOctober 18th 2015, 4:25 pm

Good thread idea I have been meaning to post in for ages. A few little odd character traits of mine that are prob worth mentioning.

1. Pictures & Design - Lumen studied Design at University and as such she regularly uses this in her promos often adding a visual element to intimidate/humiliate her opponent.

2. Morally Undefeated - Lumen believes she is a morally perfect person and that everyone around her is better for her existence. She genuinely believes that when anyone beats her they either cheated or somehow bribed the ref through either money or sexual favours. Therefore she thinks of her self as morally undefeated.

3. Miss ____________ - Lumen almost always refers to people as miss. For example Aria would always be referred to as Miss Jaxon. 

4. Margot - Lumen owns a pug god called Margot who sometimes appears in or is referred to in her promos.

5.Britishness - As a British heel Lumen always looks down on Americanisms and will always use British words for things. This can sometimes cause confusion as words like pants mean underwear rather than trousers.
Back to top Go down
Mr. DEDEDE
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Mr. DEDEDE

Hailing From : The Gay Meat Community

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyOctober 18th 2015, 4:32 pm

"That's God" or "Test Me Not"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyOctober 18th 2015, 5:01 pm

If people are getting confused about your promos, you're promoing wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lumen Gray

Lumen Gray

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyOctober 18th 2015, 5:39 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
If people are getting confused about your promos, you're promoing wrong.

Was more seeing this as a way of mentioning a few things about promos that people might wonder about if they have not read every promo I have ever written. I think it is important to have a few ongoing themes to promos to make your character an individual.

Or more wonder why as a character she does things in a certain way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyOctober 18th 2015, 5:42 pm

I was talking more in general, character traits should be established throughout promos, obviously if people have only read one or two promos they maybe confused but if they've read enough, it should be clear without them being confused.
Back to top Go down
Lumen Gray

Lumen Gray

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyOctober 18th 2015, 5:45 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
I was talking more in general, character traits should be established throughout promos, obviously if people have only read one or two promos they maybe confused but if they've read enough, it should be clear without them being confused.

Indeed 100% agree with you and I hope that my character traits in my promos do make sense... I try and make sure they do... weirdly I imagine as I write them my character saying them... makes it easier :p
Back to top Go down
『zakkii』
Empire
Empire
『zakkii』

Hailing From : WKWKWK Land

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyOctober 18th 2015, 9:08 pm

The fact that I actually rarely diss my opponent..... My charm point to win my every match is to make myself stand out, like "I try my best to become a better person than before" and "I train hard because my opponent tonight is a worthy opponent but I won't lose no matter what" or something like that. Haruna is a.... well, most likely pulling John Cena-ish promos. but I diss my opponent sometimes when it's necessary..... if I have to do back-to-back promo, I sometimes do it. is that alright, anyway?
Back to top Go down
TLA
Voltage
Voltage
TLA

Hailing From : Where they ain't want me to be #ThaHall

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyOctober 18th 2015, 9:24 pm

I try to explain the things in my promos that I feel people might be confused about. Of course, some things I am intentionally trying to make confusing and so won't be explaining them here.
Back to top Go down
LVCIAN

LVCIAN

Hailing From : THE PRAIRIE STATE

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyDecember 13th 2016, 4:14 am

*The House: For those of you who have been reading my promos lately you know my character has been doing these videos from a house. He grew up in this house. After the passing of Lucian's mom and the disappearance of his dad the house became his. Basically he inherited it. The house is in a messed up state. Lucian said that in one of the promos. That's because he didn't have the guts to enter the house until now. So maybe just maybe it will get a proper cleaning now..

*The Bible In Flames: That was kinda blasphemous, wasn't it? lol keep in mind Lucian does not believe in god or a devil. To him he is the closest thing to both. He does believe in good and evil though and all the spiritual shit. The bible to him represents authority. The bible is the word of god, our supposed creator, THE authority in our world. Burning the word of the being that runs the world into ashes means Lucian is rebelling against all authority and that this rebellion will be their death. The bible being destroyed by fire has other meanings too. I talked about them in my promo I don't think those specific meanings are hard to understand.

*Lies: Lucian told Jamie why he wanted to be champion. No, Lucian told Jamie what he wanted to hear. Lucian explained he was the master of puppets not Monroe, the mastermind behind many events that happened in Dynasty before. He decieved the powers that be, his peers and the fans. And he did it all to get to the top and to be in the world title picture. He got the world title but he lost it and now he needs it back. Why you ask? Retribution. Without the title, the title is considered a tool by him, a ladder that will get him closer to where he wants to be he can't have his retribution. If you hold the big belt you hold the interest of the world, you become the center of attention. And Lucian wants the world to see his retribution materialize. Also when you are World Champion you have the power to do many things. Basically with the title his retribution can take place, with the title he gets to burn the empire that wronged him.

Retribution For What Exactly?: Well, Lucian feels he has been rejected, overlooked and even marginalized by many people. Most specificlaly the powers that be.They wronged him and he won't let them get away with that. Once he reclaims the big belt he will have the power to do what truly has been wanting to do since he came back: burn down an empire as a way to get his vengeance. 

The Masked Men/Women: By the end of my previous promo, six masked men and women showed up. I don't know who they are yet. I would love to make a stable with them but I doubt anyone in the fed would want to be in a group with me as the leader right now.. So they will have to be NPCs maybe idk. I got the name for it ready and everything we'll see what happens.

I'll probably have to write a book about all this stuff. Yeah, I'm taking this shit way too seriously but I'm having fun so eff it lol
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyDecember 13th 2016, 4:33 am

well i think the Mark Michaels ones are pretty straight forward so I'll try and define the Caine ones a bit here.

Caine is motovatied by one thing, FEAR.  He fears a punishment worst than death from a group of celestial being that while not quite god are pretty damn close (in his mind anyways.)

his primary goal according to his masters is to psychically punish those who are deemed to be so, and do it on the biggest stages possible that word of all he's done will spread.

Who or what deems someone as worthy or not for having an unholy wrath of Caine's unleashed on them?  Well anyone who violates the following philosophies.

1.  Everything that you do is meaning less, and any attempt to prove otherwise so, or to accept this on a subconscious level but chose to  distract yourself with anything that may draw any type of praise to yourself. (or extreme nihilism as I've dubbed it) 

2.  Being unfit to be self sustaining, or any attempt to aid those who are not. (basically a survival of the fittest mentality)

3. anyone who would teach anything other than the above, or those who will not preform whatever task has been doled out by the higher power he serves (or extreme fundamentalism)

these three typically contrasting beliefs are what form the nucleolus of Solomon Caine
Back to top Go down
ThatChapChristo
Dynasty
Dynasty
ThatChapChristo

Hailing From : Buffalo NY

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyDecember 13th 2016, 7:18 am

The only thing I can really think of is: Mister Cuddlesworth isn't some guy in a bear suit he's an actual bear who knows how to box. Originally he was supposed to be a one time thing but I liked the idea of him being a running joke.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Jack
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer

Hailing From : USA

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyDecember 13th 2016, 4:40 pm

My misspelling of words - Much like Broken Matt, Damaged Zack speaks in an odd accent, and the odd spelling is done to convey that yet also make sure the right word is understood.

Other than that if you don't get it...it's because you aren't blessed with Broken Enlightenment!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lars Grier
Voltage
Voltage
Lars Grier

Hailing From : Places

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyDecember 13th 2016, 5:33 pm

The Black Box: Lars generally didn't have any friends as a child, as he prefers being alone. This "Black Box" is an enclosed space only Grier has access to, and he goes to there so he has time to think to himself.
Back to top Go down
showster26
Dynasty
Dynasty
showster26

Hailing From : The Great State Of California

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about EmptyDecember 13th 2016, 5:37 pm

Michaels has actually worked hard for everything he has gotten in wrestling. And has an unmatched love of the sport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about   Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about Empty

Back to top Go down

Explain some things from your promos that people might get confused about

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elite Answers Wrestling :: Interact :: EAW Discussion-