Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread SIGNUPBANNER
Elite Answers Wrestling
Welcome old members and new visitors, EAW is still going stronger than ever and now runs out of a new upgraded forum! Be sure to check us out over at http://www.eawnetwork.com

The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread SIGNUPBANNER

The Land of Elite

HomeMain SitePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| EAW IS LEAVING FORUMOTION. WE HAD A NICE RUN HERE FOR 4 YEARS BUT OUR NEW FORUM WEBSITE WILL BE RAN OUT OF THIS LINK: eawnetwork.com JOIN THERE TODAY |||||||||||||||||||||||| KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FOR MAIN SITE, eawrestling.com FOR MAJOR CHANGES, INCLUDING A NEW DESIGN, UPDATED ARCHIVES AND MORE WITHIN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» PAIN FOR PRIDE 11 DAY 1 TONIGHT! AT 6PM EST LIVE ON DISCORD
The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Emptyby Mr. DEDEDE June 21st 2018, 1:42 am

» MAJOR EAW UPDATE [ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ]
The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Emptyby LVCIAN May 26th 2018, 1:46 pm

» The Compliment Game
The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Emptyby LVCIAN April 3rd 2018, 6:21 pm

» EAW Promoz!
The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Emptyby EAW April 2nd 2018, 10:46 pm

» NEXTAGE
The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Emptyby NEXTAGE April 2nd 2018, 3:46 pm

» Grand Rampage 2018 Reaction Thread
The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Emptyby Daisy Thrash April 2nd 2018, 3:01 pm

Upcoming Events

Note: Voice chat only activates when you want it to… Default chat is text.

The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyMay 26th 2014, 12:46 am

Yes, it's World Cup year again  Very Happy 

I may or may not just be myself posting in this thread since idk how many of you still watch football but hey ho, anything you want to talk about the biggest sporting event of the year, do it in here!
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyMay 28th 2014, 9:40 am

#JUSTICEFORDONAVON
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyMay 28th 2014, 1:46 pm

I don't watch soccer.
Back to top Go down
Grace Izumi

Grace Izumi

Hailing From : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyMay 29th 2014, 6:44 am

The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread 6UzPPOn
The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Civoniceva_20131103083822475666-620x349
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyMay 29th 2014, 11:42 am

World Cup is gonna be insane. The shit that's going down already as far as the riots and all that shit.. it's just gonna get worse. It's also sad when Blatter admits that Qatar was a mistake.

Gee, ya think? Dumbass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyMay 29th 2014, 7:06 pm

Gotta feel sorry for Spain, Netherlands and Chile for being forced to face Australia. lel, we're so screwed.
Back to top Go down
VENTURA.

VENTURA.

Hailing From : The Underground

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyMay 29th 2014, 7:53 pm

If England actually wants to have a chance to make it out the group stages, they really need to play like Liverpool. Pretty much it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyMay 29th 2014, 8:18 pm

Biggest shock in football history if Austrailia don't win the World Cup huh  :punk: 

On the real, rooting for Argentina to win  :vince: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyMay 29th 2014, 8:28 pm

EZIEST WORLD CUP OF GERMANYS LIFE
Back to top Go down
Abelard Becker
EAW Hall of Famer
EAW Hall of Famer
Abelard Becker

Status : I guess what I meant to say was those comments hurt my feelings and I brought up my income as a defense mechanism, because I'm a tough guy.

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 2:31 pm

uh he never told
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

Hailing From : Baton Rouge, Louisiana

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 2:42 pm

This may be the time for a first-time champion to emerge of the hype on Belgium is to be believed. 

Also looking to see how the CONCACAF countries do. Everyone concedes that the african and asian continental federations are growing and getting better, especially Africa. No one really thinks much of CONCACAF, even "giants" USA and Mexico. 

A few wins or good results here and maybe 2-3 escaping into the round of 16 and advancing would probably shut some of the critics up, but everybody has problems.

Mexico has apparently forgotten how to score goals and has Brazil in its group along with other formidable competition.

Costa Rica drew THREE former Cup winners into its group. Enough said.

Honduras is still searching for a breakthrough at the World Cup and pre-tournament results have not looked promising at all.

The US drew the Group of Death (or close to it, depending on what you think of Germany, Ghana and Portugal), left it's all-time leading international scorer at home and has a coach who has PUBLICLY said that his team will not win the World Cup. Cautious optimism would have done better than blunt honesty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 3:32 pm

idk. I'd say Holland, Spain and Chile is more of a group of death, three very good sides.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 4:01 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
idk. I'd say Holland, Spain and Chile is more of a group of death, three very good sides.
I disagree. Anyone in Germany's group of death can come of top, seeing how well Ghana and USA performed in 2010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 4:29 pm

Ghana or USA have a high hope in hell of Germany? USA don't even have Donovan and Altidore is the single worst striker I've ever seen in my life and although Portugal aren't that great, I'd be very surprised if they didn't get through that group.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 4:33 pm

Germany is far and away the best team in that group. If they don't get at least 7 points i would be amazed.

Everyone else at least from what I've seen is in a dirty, muddy scrap for second. Altidore is good with his hold up play but is just lacking confidence. If he finds his form (or the US just start Johannson like i've been saying for about the last 5 months) the US could be dangerous if the back line play holds up and Howard is his usual steady self.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 4:45 pm

I don't know, seeing Altidore in the premier league, he can't pass, shoot, dribble, do anything real, honestly never seen a more appallingly bad player in my life.

I guess it depends on how fit Ronaldo is, if he's fit I think he'll carry Portugal through the group by himself.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Rosso
Voltage
Voltage
Carlos Rosso

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 4:48 pm

I don't think Altidore is as bad as he played. It's not like he had any kind of cohesion to count on at Sunderland. Plus, something weird happens to that guy when he's in a national shirt most of the time. His play is more inspired and focused. If he's got a good strike partner with him (The US has a few okay options) then he'll do fine and may even find a goal once or twice this world cup.

Ghana's attack and midfield seems just as strong as ever. Ronaldo may literally have to carry his team through the group. They looked pretty harmless against Mexico yesterday, minus the late winner where Mexico TOTALLY lost their minds on defense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 4:51 pm

Ghana almost made it to semi final if it wasn't for the missed penalty. And I am pretty sure Portugal didn't even make it to 1/8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 5:03 pm

go mexico

prolly gonna lose but if argentina loses im happy
Back to top Go down
Clark Duncan

Clark Duncan

Hailing From : Taylor Swift's bedroom

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 7th 2014, 7:05 pm

Dark Demon wrote:
Pretty much. Australia has little chance. They could maybe steal a point from Netherlands or Chile, but don't be surprise to see the worst ranked side in the World Cup not even score a goal (easy money).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 12th 2014, 6:09 pm

Great game to start the tournament, shame the referee screwed Croatia over.  :gotya: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 12th 2014, 6:41 pm

How bout that dive though?

The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Tumblr_inline_n72rdmE6vh1r0rfm3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 12th 2014, 6:41 pm

thanks referee for giving my country a better chance of getting out of the group
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 12th 2014, 6:51 pm

The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Tumblr_inline_n72r0yKPgV1r8czgt
The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Tumblr_n72sf6PqQn1shaydvo4_250
The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Tumblr_n72t778Sbv1shaydvo2_250
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread EmptyJune 13th 2014, 1:13 am

THANKS REF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread   The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2014 FIFA World Cup General Discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next